|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say happened to one of the black youth chased by police?
2. What did the contract Williams found relate to?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Williams say are constructed?
4. What does Williams say the image of peaceful white community being interrupted by a black presence did to blacks?
5. What does Williams say students started to send her after he spoke out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when African American men were walking through a white neighborhood in New York in the 1980's?
2. Who was Tawana Brawley and what happened to her in 1987?
3. What was the second attitude of whites according to Williams and why does this happen?
4. How does Williams think African Americans are seen?
5. How does Williams want the will theory to be expressed?
6. What did some of the other faculty tell Williams when she complained about racism in Part III, Chapter 9?
7. What did Williams have in her blood and why was it secret in Part IV, Chapter 12?
8. What did Williams find from her experience with the law review?
9. What did businesses in New York City start to do in the mid-1980's and what rationale did they use in Part I, Chapter 3?
10. What does Williams say one must do in order to be noticed?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Critical Legal Studies movement, as well as its impact on the law in regards to race and rights.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the three features of American jurisprudence and determine how they influence race and rights.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Williams' view on private property and slavery, focusing on the examples of private contract rights presented.
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)