|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Williams say she reacted to talking with the student?
2. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
3. What does Williams say about how she was treated during her different social functions?
4. What does Williams argue capitalism did to everything?
5. What type of law did Williams teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does William argue that the court removes?
2. How does Williams think African Americans are seen?
3. What does Williams note pervades the United States in Part 1, Chapter 1?
4. What was the first attitude of whites according to Williams and why does this happen?
5. What does a friend called "Q" suggest about Williams' writing?
6. What happened in the second version of Williams' piece?
7. What happened when African American men were walking through a white neighborhood in New York in the 1980's?
8. What do the student evaluations say of Williams?
9. What argument does Williams use to defend herself against the student?
10. How did Williams feel when she attended Harvard Law in Part II, Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Williams' experience with Benetton and discuss the situation in relation to race and rights.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the segregationist instinct and why Williams thinks two attitudes are involved in this instinct.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the Critical Legal Studies movement, as well as its impact on the law in regards to race and rights.
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)