|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say was the first racist attitude?
2. What does Williams say added complexities to her opinions?
3. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
4. What was removed from the article after the second edit?
5. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when African American men were walking through a white neighborhood in New York in the 1980's?
2. Why did one of Williams' students become angry?
3. How does Williams want the will theory to be expressed?
4. What does William believe about the Supreme Court?
5. What does Williams believe about the social contract in the United States in Part I, Chapter 2?
6. What did some claim about Williams' story about Benetton's?
7. What caused Williams' interest in property law?
8. Why was a first year law student upset with the dean in Part II, Chapter 5?
9. How did Williams feel when she attended Harvard Law in Part II, Chapter 4?
10. What did businesses in New York City start to do in the mid-1980's and what rationale did they use in Part I, Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the segregationist instinct and why Williams thinks two attitudes are involved in this instinct.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the story of Eleanor Bumpurs and determine whether it was a simple oversight or if there was an issue of race and rights.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Williams' view on private property and slavery, focusing on the examples of private contract rights presented.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)