|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of law did Williams teach?
2. What two ideas of freedom does Williams mention in Part II, Chapter 6?
3. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
4. Whose arguments on affirmative action did Williams reject?
5. What was removed from the article after the second edit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when African American men were walking through a white neighborhood in New York in the 1980's?
2. What did Williams find from her experience with the law review?
3. What three features does American jurisprudence have according to Williams?
4. How does Williams think African Americans are seen?
5. What argument does Williams use to defend herself against the student?
6. Why did Williams send out a memo?
7. What does a friend called "Q" suggest about Williams' writing?
8. What happened in the second version of Williams' piece?
9. What does Williams believe about the social contract in the United States in Part I, Chapter 2?
10. How does Williams want the will theory to be expressed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine of a Jewish student and discuss why it fits Williams' definition of a "privatized" remedy. Discuss the ramification of a "privatized" remedy.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Williams' rejection of the Supreme Court and examine how they gutted the Civil Rights Act. Determine whether or not you agree with Williams' conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the memo and the ramifications that it had on Williams, as well as the students and the school as a whole.
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)