Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the student that came to see Williams called an activist?
2. What does Williams note pervaded the country?
3. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
4. How did the Jewish student deface the portrait in Williams' story?
5. What does Williams say younger adults are socialized to have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the second attitude of whites according to Williams and why does this happen?
2. How did Williams see the master-slave description?
3. How did Williams feel when she attended Harvard Law in Part II, Chapter 4?
4. What did some of the other faculty tell Williams when she complained about racism in Part III, Chapter 9?
5. What does the Critical Legal Studies movement emphasize?
6. What happened when Williams entered an apartment building according to Part III, Chapter 7?
7. What was the terrible dream that Williams describes?
8. What is spirit murder according to Williams?
9. What does Williams think should happen to laws?
10. Who was Peter Gabel according to Part III, Chapter 8?
Examine Williams' view on capitalism and how it impacts both the rich and poor.
Discuss the case of Tawana Brawley and examine the impact that the case had on the American public. Determine whether this case supports Williams' view regarding manhood verses white justice.
Discuss the three principles of autonomy, community, and order to determine whether or not Williams is effective in showing how they interact, conflict, and interlock.
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)