|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams believe law is?
2. Where did Williams' interest in property law came from?
3. What does Williams maintain racial construction had?
4. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
5. What is the second attitude Williams say was racist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What argument does Williams use to defend herself against the student?
2. How does Williams want the will theory to be expressed?
3. What does Williams believe about the social contract in the United States in Part I, Chapter 2?
4. What was the first attitude of whites according to Williams and why does this happen?
5. Why did Williams support affirmative action?
6. What does William argue that the court removes?
7. What three principles does Williams try to show that they interact, conflict, and interlock and what does she want to bridge the gap between?
8. What does Williams say one must do in order to be noticed?
9. How did Williams feel when she attended Harvard Law in Part II, Chapter 4?
10. What did Williams believe she did in her writing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the three principles of autonomy, community, and order to determine whether or not Williams is effective in showing how they interact, conflict, and interlock.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Williams' experience with Benetton and discuss the situation in relation to race and rights.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Williams' experience with the law review and determine whether the law review had the right to edit the piece. Discuss the ramifications of the law review's decision.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)