|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say the faculty's questions reinforced?
2. What does Williams claim she bridged in The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
3. What store was Williams prevented from entering?
4. What does Williams argue capitalism did to everything?
5. What does Williams say was important for black students to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a friend called "Q" suggest about Williams' writing?
2. Why did Williams have to fight a sausage manufacturer?
3. What did some claim about Williams' story about Benetton's?
4. Why did Williams support affirmative action?
5. What did Williams find from her experience with the law review?
6. What does Williams hope to show regarding legal language?
7. How does Williams think African Americans are seen?
8. How does the issue in the store illustrate privatization of space?
9. Why did one of Williams' students become angry?
10. What three features does American jurisprudence have according to Williams?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the three principles of autonomy, community, and order to determine whether or not Williams is effective in showing how they interact, conflict, and interlock.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Williams' view regarding spirit murder and conclude whether her beliefs about the offense are true, as well as the ramifications.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the memo and the ramifications that it had on Williams, as well as the students and the school as a whole.
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)