|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who questions Williams opinions at the start of Part II, Chapter 6?
2. What did Williams' students often do when she exposed her ideas to them?
3. What does Williams call the friend that suggested that her personal style of writing was too much for people?
4. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
5. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did some claim about Williams' story about Benetton's?
2. What three principles does Williams try to show that they interact, conflict, and interlock and what does she want to bridge the gap between?
3. What does Williams hope to show regarding legal language?
4. Why did Williams have to fight a sausage manufacturer?
5. What does Williams note pervades the United States in Part 1, Chapter 1?
6. Why did Williams send out a memo?
7. Why was a first year law student upset with the dean in Part II, Chapter 5?
8. What does racism penetrate according to Williams?
9. Why did one of Williams' students become angry?
10. What was the response to the memo sent out by Williams?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine of a Jewish student and discuss why it fits Williams' definition of a "privatized" remedy. Discuss the ramification of a "privatized" remedy.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the three principles of autonomy, community, and order to determine whether or not Williams is effective in showing how they interact, conflict, and interlock.
Essay Topic 3
Define and discuss affirmative action and examine how it expresses values.
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)