|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams maintain racial construction had?
2. Who does Williams say ignored her while she was attending college?
3. What did the memo Williams received accuse her of doing?
4. What policy does Williams say she supported?
5. What does Williams call the friend that suggested that her personal style of writing was too much for people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does William argue that the court removes?
2. What does a friend called "Q" suggest about Williams' writing?
3. How does Williams want the will theory to be expressed?
4. What does racism penetrate according to Williams?
5. What does Williams believe is the real concept to consider?
6. What happened when African American men were walking through a white neighborhood in New York in the 1980's?
7. What did Williams believe she did in her writing?
8. What was the second attitude of whites according to Williams and why does this happen?
9. Why did Williams send out a memo?
10. How does Williams see her social identity because of her differing social roles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Williams' view on capitalism and how it impacts both the rich and poor.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the memo and the ramifications that it had on Williams, as well as the students and the school as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Williams' rejection of the Supreme Court and examine how they gutted the Civil Rights Act. Determine whether or not you agree with Williams' conclusions.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)