|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say she received from her students?
2. What is the goal of The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
3. What does Williams say whites associate black with?
4. What conclusion does Williams say she drew from the incident at the store?
5. Where does Williams say a friend of hers was held at gunpoint?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the second attitude of whites according to Williams and why does this happen?
2. What does William argue that the court removes?
3. Why did Williams support affirmative action?
4. What did businesses in New York City start to do in the mid-1980's and what rationale did they use in Part I, Chapter 3?
5. How does the issue in the store illustrate privatization of space?
6. What did Williams believe she did in her writing?
7. What does Williams say one must do in order to be noticed?
8. What does racism penetrate according to Williams?
9. What did Williams find from her experience with the law review?
10. What is spirit murder according to Williams?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Williams' view regarding spirit murder and conclude whether her beliefs about the offense are true, as well as the ramifications.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Williams' view on capitalism and how it impacts both the rich and poor.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the symbolism and significance of polar bears to Williams and discuss their influence on Williams.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)