|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say some people asked when she told her story about the store?
2. What does Williams believe law is?
3. Who questions Williams opinions at the start of Part II, Chapter 6?
4. What does Williams send to the faculty after receiving communication from students?
5. What does Williams say she received from her students?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Williams believe she did in her writing?
2. What does Williams believe about the social contract in the United States in Part I, Chapter 2?
3. What does racism penetrate according to Williams?
4. What did businesses in New York City start to do in the mid-1980's and what rationale did they use in Part I, Chapter 3?
5. What does William argue that the court removes?
6. Why did Williams have to fight a sausage manufacturer?
7. Why was a first year law student upset with the dean in Part II, Chapter 5?
8. How does Williams see her social identity because of her differing social roles?
9. Who questioned Williams' opinions at the start of Part II, Chapter 6?
10. What happened in the second version of Williams' piece?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the memo and the ramifications that it had on Williams, as well as the students and the school as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Williams' view on private property and slavery, focusing on the examples of private contract rights presented.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the impact that the student evaluations had on Williams and discuss why she chose to include this in a discussion about race and rights.
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)