|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say happened to the Jewish student?
2. What does Williams say her paper evaluations did to many students?
3. What does Williams say was the first racist attitude?
4. What does Williams argue capitalism did to everything?
5. Why does Williams say we should avoid neutrality?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the second version of Williams' piece?
2. In Part IV, Chapter 10, what question did a story of Elvis raise for Williams?
3. What does Williams say one must do in order to be noticed?
4. What does Williams believe is the real concept to consider?
5. What caused Williams' interest in property law?
6. What does the Critical Legal Studies movement emphasize?
7. What did a friend who was a property law professor describe?
8. Why did Williams send out a memo?
9. What did Williams believe about New Orleans?
10. What did businesses in New York City start to do in the mid-1980's and what rationale did they use in Part I, Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the case of Tawana Brawley and examine the impact that the case had on the American public. Determine whether this case supports Williams' view regarding manhood verses white justice.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Williams' experience with Benetton and discuss the situation in relation to race and rights.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the three principles of autonomy, community, and order to determine whether or not Williams is effective in showing how they interact, conflict, and interlock.
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)