|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was the student that came to Williams at the start of Part II, Chapter 5?
2. What does Williams say racist attitudes towards African-American is?
3. What does Williams say students started to send her after he spoke out?
4. What does Williams say she disagreed about racial preference being?
5. What is Williams ethnicity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the first attitude of whites according to Williams and why does this happen?
2. Why did Williams have to fight a sausage manufacturer?
3. What was the response to the memo sent out by Williams?
4. Why did Williams send out a memo?
5. What does Williams believe about the social contract in the United States in Part I, Chapter 2?
6. How did Williams feel when she attended Harvard Law in Part II, Chapter 4?
7. What does Williams believe is the real concept to consider?
8. Why did Williams support affirmative action?
9. What does racism penetrate according to Williams?
10. What does Williams say one must do in order to be noticed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the case of the pregnant woman and examine Williams' fantasy of gorilla insemination. Determine how this would complicate the idea of choice and whether it was a relevant hypothetical suggestion in regards to race and rights.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Williams' rejection of the Supreme Court and examine how they gutted the Civil Rights Act. Determine whether or not you agree with Williams' conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the case of Tawana Brawley and examine the impact that the case had on the American public. Determine whether this case supports Williams' view regarding manhood verses white justice.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)