|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say recent affirmative action jurisprudence rejected?
2. What does Williams argue capitalism did to everything?
3. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
4. What does Williams say hypothetical cases were?
5. What types of rights does Williams argue are the only kind present in the Constitution?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was a first year law student upset with the dean in Part II, Chapter 5?
2. Who questioned Williams' opinions at the start of Part II, Chapter 6?
3. What does Williams believe is the real concept to consider?
4. What happened in the second version of Williams' piece?
5. What argument does Williams use to defend herself against the student?
6. How does Williams see her social identity because of her differing social roles?
7. What does William argue that the court removes?
8. What does a friend called "Q" suggest about Williams' writing?
9. What caused Williams' interest in property law?
10. What was the first attitude of whites according to Williams and why does this happen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the segregationist instinct and why Williams thinks two attitudes are involved in this instinct.
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss affirmative action and examine how it expresses values.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the symbolism and significance of polar bears to Williams and discuss their influence on Williams.
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)