|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Williams say was present in the store that refused her entry?
2. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
3. What does Williams want to show about legal language?
4. What does Williams say the attitude of privatized innocent publicized?
5. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does racism penetrate according to Williams?
2. What does Williams believe is the real concept to consider?
3. What does Williams note pervades the United States in Part 1, Chapter 1?
4. How does the issue in the store illustrate privatization of space?
5. Why did one of Williams' students become angry?
6. What is spirit murder according to Williams?
7. What happened when African American men were walking through a white neighborhood in New York in the 1980's?
8. What three principles does Williams try to show that they interact, conflict, and interlock and what does she want to bridge the gap between?
9. What do the student evaluations say of Williams?
10. What does a friend called "Q" suggest about Williams' writing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the case of Tawana Brawley and examine the impact that the case had on the American public. Determine whether this case supports Williams' view regarding manhood verses white justice.
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss affirmative action and examine how it expresses values.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the Critical Legal Studies movement, as well as its impact on the law in regards to race and rights.
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)