|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did white men define under slavery?
(b) The law.
2. What was Williams doing at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10?
(b) Watching television.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Grading papers.
3. What did Williams say transported white tourists to another world?
(a) Large boats.
(b) Loud music.
(c) Black people dancing in New Orleans.
(d) Good food.
4. What did Williams realize during her discussion with Gabel about trust?
(a) Her race would prevent it from happening.
(b) She would never loan money.
(c) Trust was good.
(d) She could not win the argument.
5. How does Williams describe as abstract law?
(a) The court system.
(b) Affirmative action.
(d) The appeals system.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Williams' friends pressure her to admit about the show in the department store?
2. How many times was the woman mentioned in Williams' story shot?
3. What procedure does Williams say the doctor advised the young girl to have?
4. What did Mike Tyson give Tawana Brawley?
5. What did Williams find herself upset by in the department store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a friend who was a property law professor describe?
2. What story does Williams share of being detained?
3. Who was Tawana Brawley and what happened to her in 1987?
4. What was the terrible dream that Williams describes?
5. What did Williams see about slavery and family?
6. Who was Peter Gabel according to Part III, Chapter 8?
7. What did some of the other faculty tell Williams when she complained about racism in Part III, Chapter 9?
8. What did Williams think Tawana's case illustrated?
9. What hypothetical situation regarding insemination did Williams raise and why?
10. In Part IV, Chapter 10, what question did a story of Elvis raise for Williams?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)