|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the woman in Williams story shot by?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A escaped felon.
(c) A drug addict.
(d) An African American.
2. What did Williams enter at the start of Part III, Chapter 7?
(a) A store.
(b) A storage depot.
(c) An apartment building.
(d) A police station.
3. What does Williams think triggered the Judge's mental breakdown?
(a) A particularly horrifying case.
(b) A killing in her courtroom.
(c) Stress factors on black professional women.
(d) An overload of cases.
4. What did Williams say transported white tourists to another world?
(a) Loud music.
(b) Good food.
(c) Large boats.
(d) Black people dancing in New Orleans.
5. Why did the conference remind Williams of Tawana Brawley?
(a) The conference was about rape.
(b) The conference was about white establishment.
(c) The conference was about underage drinking.
(d) The conference was about media relationships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in the book Williams read to black women when they turned 27?
2. What does Williams say the world hates?
3. What wasn't binding during slavery?
4. What did Williams and her colleague agree the market imposed in Part IV, Chapter 12?
5. What type of patients were being housed in the hospital Williams' godmother died in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What hypothetical situation regarding insemination did Williams raise and why?
2. What did Williams have in her blood and why was it secret in Part IV, Chapter 12?
3. What did Williams believe about New Orleans?
4. Who was Peter Gabel according to Part III, Chapter 8?
5. What example illustrated that Williams believed the world had gone crazy?
6. What did a friend who was a property law professor describe?
7. What analogy does Williams use to describe sterilization?
8. What did Williams relate to her own sense of personal power?
9. What was the terrible dream that Williams describes?
10. Who was Eleanor Bumpurs and what happened to her in 1984?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)