|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Williams' friends pressure her to admit about the show in the department store?
(a) The book was unreadable.
(b) It was progress.
(c) The songs were good.
(d) She was racist.
2. What did Williams do with Peter Gabel in Part III, Chapter 8?
(a) Have lunch.
(b) Teach a course.
(c) Fly in a plane.
3. Where did Tawana Brawley live in 1987?
(a) San Francisco.
4. How many times was the young African-American girl Williams talks about pregnant in Part IV, Chapter 12?
(a) 3 times.
(b) 2 times.
(c) 5 times.
(d) 4 times.
5. What does the man in the story at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10 claim to be?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) The black reincarnation of Elvis
(c) Martin Luther King.
(d) President of the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say did not work as a political strategy for blacks?
2. What wasn't binding during slavery?
3. What does Williams argue African-Americans think will happen if they are killed by a white police officer?
4. Who was the "bum" referred by the children?
5. Who does Williams say strongly supported Tawana Brawley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Williams believe about New Orleans?
2. What did Williams complain about a fashion show and what did her friend insist in Part IV, Chapter 11?
3. What example illustrated that Williams believed the world had gone crazy?
4. What did Williams see about slavery and family?
5. Who was Peter Gabel according to Part III, Chapter 8?
6. What was the terrible dream that Williams describes?
7. What did Williams realize about the bargaining situation?
8. What did a friend who was a property law professor describe?
9. What does the Critical Legal Studies movement emphasize?
10. What analogy does Williams use to describe sterilization?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)