|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wasn't binding during slavery?
(a) Ownership contracts.
(b) Church laws.
(c) Marriage between slaves.
(d) Criminal proceedings.
2. What procedure does Williams say the doctor advised the young girl to have?
(a) A hysterectomy.
(b) A lobotomy.
(c) Tubal ligation.
3. What show does Williams say she watched at the end of Part IV, Chapter 12?
(b) The People's Court.
(c) The Dr, Phil show.
(d) The Phil Donahue show.
4. Where was Williams briefly detained?
(b) South Carolina.
(c) New York.
5. What does Williams say the world hates?
(b) Brown spills.
(c) African Americans.
(d) Trouble makers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Williams say she did not have the same relationship to law than Gabel who was a white male?
2. What type of patients were being housed in the hospital Williams' godmother died in?
3. What did Williams do with Peter Gabel in Part III, Chapter 8?
4. What does Williams say her mother wanted her to reclaim?
5. Who did the black community fiercely criticize?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Williams see the master-slave description?
2. What did many members of the African American community think about Brawley?
3. Who was Tawana Brawley and what happened to her in 1987?
4. Who was Eleanor Bumpurs and what happened to her in 1984?
5. Who was Peter Gabel according to Part III, Chapter 8?
6. What did Williams have in her blood and why was it secret in Part IV, Chapter 12?
7. What hypothetical situation regarding insemination did Williams raise and why?
8. What did Williams realize about the bargaining situation?
9. What did Williams think Tawana's case illustrated?
10. What did Williams complain about a fashion show and what did her friend insist in Part IV, Chapter 11?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)