|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Williams briefly detained?
(b) New York.
(d) South Carolina.
2. What happens in the book Williams read to black women when they turned 27?
(a) They married.
(b) They turned white.
(c) They lost their professional skills.
(d) They died.
3. How old was the young African-American girl Williams talks about in Part IV, Chapter 12?
4. What does Williams say happened to black women because of professionalism?
(a) They divorce.
(b) They whitened.
(c) They don't marry.
(d) They can't be happy.
5. What does Williams argue the show in the department store exhibited?
(a) Bad taste in music.
(b) Low wage workers struggling.
(c) Poor choice of writers.
(d) A corrupted vision of the oppressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams think triggered the Judge's mental breakdown?
2. What was the profession of the owner of Williams great-great-grandmother according to Part IV, Chapter 12?
3. What was Williams' godmother's name?
4. How many times was the young African-American girl Williams talks about pregnant in Part IV, Chapter 12?
5. What did the Tawana Brawley case come to represent according to Williams?
Short Essay Questions
1. What analogy does Williams use to describe sterilization?
2. Who was Tawana Brawley and what happened to her in 1987?
3. What did Williams realize about the bargaining situation?
4. What example illustrated that Williams believed the world had gone crazy?
5. What did Williams believe about Judge Maxine Thomas?
6. What did a friend who was a property law professor describe?
7. What story does Williams share of being detained?
8. Who was Peter Gabel according to Part III, Chapter 8?
9. What hypothetical situation regarding insemination did Williams raise and why?
10. What was the terrible dream that Williams describes?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)