|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams think triggered the Judge's mental breakdown?
(a) Stress factors on black professional women.
(b) A particularly horrifying case.
(c) A killing in her courtroom.
(d) An overload of cases.
2. What did the woman Williams talked with complain about?
(a) Being drugged.
(b) Being allergic to smoke.
(c) Being assaulted.
(d) Being mugged and shot at.
3. What element of the bargaining situation did Williams and Gabel discuss?
(a) What things are worth.
(b) Trust and distrust.
(c) The necessity for a contract.
(d) The legality of it.
4. What does Williams say happened to black women because of professionalism?
(a) They can't be happy.
(b) They whitened.
(c) They divorce.
(d) They don't marry.
5. What did Williams see on a street corner after dancing that she considered was worth mentioning?
(a) A street sign.
(b) A drunk policeman.
(c) An old black woman.
(d) An old black man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What show does Williams say she watched at the end of Part IV, Chapter 12?
2. What procedure does Williams say the doctor advised the young girl to have?
3. How does Williams describe as abstract law?
4. Who was the woman in Williams story shot by?
5. What did Mike Tyson give Tawana Brawley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Critical Legal Studies movement emphasize?
2. What did many members of the African American community think about Brawley?
3. What did Williams see about slavery and family?
4. What does Williams think should happen to laws?
5. What did Williams relate to her own sense of personal power?
6. What did a friend who was a property law professor describe?
7. In Part IV, Chapter 10, what question did a story of Elvis raise for Williams?
8. What hypothetical situation regarding insemination did Williams raise and why?
9. Who was Eleanor Bumpurs and what happened to her in 1984?
10. What example illustrated that Williams believed the world had gone crazy?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)