|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams wonder whether a white man would ever do at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) Pretend to be the reincarnation of a black man.
(b) Be fair to an African American.
(c) Be president of the NCCA.
(d) Agree with her.
2. What did the woman Williams talked with complain about?
(a) Being assaulted.
(b) Being drugged.
(c) Being mugged and shot at.
(d) Being allergic to smoke.
3. What does Williams argue the show in the department store exhibited?
(a) Bad taste in music.
(b) Low wage workers struggling.
(c) Poor choice of writers.
(d) A corrupted vision of the oppressed.
4. What did Mike Tyson do that Williams says was unfair he was not despised for?
(b) Losing to a white boxer.
(c) Beating his wife.
(d) Killing a tiger.
5. What does the man in the story at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10 claim to be?
(a) Martin Luther King.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) President of the United States.
(d) The black reincarnation of Elvis
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams think triggered the Judge's mental breakdown?
2. What does Williams say she noticed a year after her entering the same building?
3. Who did Williams argue with after the first conference she went to?
4. What did Williams and her colleague agree the market imposed in Part IV, Chapter 12?
5. What did Gabel's movement emphasize that rights are?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part IV, Chapter 10, what question did a story of Elvis raise for Williams?
2. What did Williams see about slavery and family?
3. What hypothetical situation regarding insemination did Williams raise and why?
4. What story does Williams share of being detained?
5. What did Williams have in her blood and why was it secret in Part IV, Chapter 12?
6. What did Williams realize about the bargaining situation?
7. Who was Peter Gabel according to Part III, Chapter 8?
8. What did some of the other faculty tell Williams when she complained about racism in Part III, Chapter 9?
9. What does the Critical Legal Studies movement emphasize?
10. Who was Eleanor Bumpurs and what happened to her in 1984?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)