|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say the world hates?
(a) Brown spills.
(c) African Americans.
(d) Trouble makers.
2. Where did Tawana Brawley live in 1987?
(a) San Francisco.
3. What was the profession of the owner of Williams great-great-grandmother according to Part IV, Chapter 12?
4. What did Mike Tyson give Tawana Brawley?
(a) A punch.
(b) Advice on cashing in on her situation.
(c) Self defense lessons.
(d) Tickets for his fights.
5. How many children does Williams say stormed out off the door as she was entering?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say of the description of the "master-slave"?
2. What did Mike Tyson do that Williams says was unfair he was not despised for?
3. What was Williams' godmother's name?
4. What did the woman Williams talked with complain about?
5. What does Williams say her mother wanted her to reclaim?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Williams have in her blood and why was it secret in Part IV, Chapter 12?
2. What did some of the other faculty tell Williams when she complained about racism in Part III, Chapter 9?
3. What story does Williams share of being detained?
4. What did Williams see about slavery and family?
5. What does the Critical Legal Studies movement emphasize?
6. What did many members of the African American community think about Brawley?
7. What does Williams think should happen to laws?
8. Who was Peter Gabel according to Part III, Chapter 8?
9. What did Williams believe about New Orleans?
10. In Part IV, Chapter 10, what question did a story of Elvis raise for Williams?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)