|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Williams find herself upset by in the department store?
(a) A white woman.
(b) A small dog.
(c) A singer.
(d) A security guard.
2. What does Williams argue the show in the department store exhibited?
(a) Poor choice of writers.
(b) Low wage workers struggling.
(c) Bad taste in music.
(d) A corrupted vision of the oppressed.
3. How does Williams describe as abstract law?
(b) Affirmative action.
(c) The appeals system.
(d) The court system.
4. Where did Tawana Brawley live in 1987?
(b) San Francisco.
5. When did Williams relate what disturbed her to her sister?
(d) New Years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conference does Williams attend in Part III, Chapter 9?
2. What did Williams' friends pressure her to admit about the show in the department store?
3. How many children does Williams say stormed out off the door as she was entering?
4. Whose story does Williams mention in Part III, Chapter 7?
5. How old was the young African-American girl Williams talks about in Part IV, Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Eleanor Bumpurs and what happened to her in 1984?
2. What does the Critical Legal Studies movement emphasize?
3. What did many members of the African American community think about Brawley?
4. What was the terrible dream that Williams describes?
5. How did Williams see the master-slave description?
6. What example illustrated that Williams believed the world had gone crazy?
7. What did Williams have in her blood and why was it secret in Part IV, Chapter 12?
8. Who was Tawana Brawley and what happened to her in 1987?
9. What happened when Williams entered an apartment building according to Part III, Chapter 7?
10. What did Williams complain about a fashion show and what did her friend insist in Part IV, Chapter 11?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)