|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times was the woman mentioned in Williams' story shot?
(a) Four times.
(b) Three times.
2. What show does Williams say she watched at the end of Part IV, Chapter 12?
(a) The Phil Donahue show.
(c) The Dr, Phil show.
(d) The People's Court.
3. What was Williams doing at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10?
(b) Watching television.
(c) Grading papers.
(d) Reading a book.
4. What happened to be white woman Williams read about in the paper?
(a) She was killed.
(b) She killed a man.
(c) She was given black sperm.
(d) She was falsely imprisoned.
5. What did Williams realize during her discussion with Gabel about trust?
(a) Her race would prevent it from happening.
(b) She could not win the argument.
(c) She would never loan money.
(d) Trust was good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Williams' friends pressure her to admit about the show in the department store?
2. How many times was the young African-American girl Williams talks about pregnant in Part IV, Chapter 12?
3. When did Williams relate what disturbed her to her sister?
4. Whose story does Williams mention in Part III, Chapter 7?
5. What did Williams and her sister's story make them wonder about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What example illustrated that Williams believed the world had gone crazy?
2. What hypothetical situation regarding insemination did Williams raise and why?
3. Who was Peter Gabel according to Part III, Chapter 8?
4. In Part IV, Chapter 10, what question did a story of Elvis raise for Williams?
5. What did Williams relate to her own sense of personal power?
6. What did Williams realize about the bargaining situation?
7. What does the Critical Legal Studies movement emphasize?
8. What story does Williams share of being detained?
9. What did many members of the African American community think about Brawley?
10. What did Williams believe about New Orleans?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)