|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of guerrilla acts did Williams fantasize about in Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) Imprisonment of white women.
(b) Inseminating white women with black sperm.
(c) Death of white lawyers.
(d) Slashed police car tires.
2. What did Williams and her sister's story make them wonder about?
(a) Their role as women.
(b) Their power as lawyers.
(c) Their sanity.
(d) Their money.
3. What does Williams say contract law implies?
(a) The idea of an illusory contract.
(b) Freedom can be limited.
(c) One person owning another.
(d) Ownership over goods.
4. What did Williams and her colleague agree the market imposed in Part IV, Chapter 12?
(a) High credit rates.
(b) A conception of whites bestowing goods.
(c) Low esteem in women.
(d) Low prices.
5. What did Williams' friends pressure her to admit about the show in the department store?
(a) The book was unreadable.
(b) The songs were good.
(c) She was racist.
(d) It was progress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say did not work as a political strategy for blacks?
2. How much money did Gabel lend a sub-lessor?
3. What did Gabel's movement emphasize that rights are?
4. What story did Williams' sister tell her when they met?
5. What did Williams think the attitude of those she asked for help betrayed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did many members of the African American community think about Brawley?
2. In Part IV, Chapter 10, what question did a story of Elvis raise for Williams?
3. What example illustrated that Williams believed the world had gone crazy?
4. What did Williams complain about a fashion show and what did her friend insist in Part IV, Chapter 11?
5. What did Williams relate to her own sense of personal power?
6. What did Williams realize about the bargaining situation?
7. What was the terrible dream that Williams describes?
8. Who was Tawana Brawley and what happened to her in 1987?
9. What did Williams see about slavery and family?
10. What hypothetical situation regarding insemination did Williams raise and why?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)