|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story did Williams' sister tell her when they met?
(a) The death of a friend.
(b) A shooting nearby.
(c) A hostage case.
(d) A walk-through wake.
2. What did Williams and her colleague agree the market imposed in Part IV, Chapter 12?
(a) Low esteem in women.
(b) A conception of whites bestowing goods.
(c) High credit rates.
(d) Low prices.
3. What does Williams argue African-Americans think will happen if they are killed by a white police officer?
(a) Their family would receive a large settlement.
(b) Their family would be vilified.
(c) They would be seen as a criminal.
(d) The officer would not suffer any consequences.
4. Who did the black community fiercely criticize?
(a) The Mexican-American community.
(b) The district attorney's officer.
(c) The media.
(d) White officers.
5. What did Williams think the attitude of those she asked for help betrayed?
(a) Their lack of respect for her.
(b) The seriousness of racism.
(c) Their sexism.
(d) Their lack of commitment to the faculty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say of the description of the "master-slave"?
2. What does Williams say the world hates?
3. What Judge does Williams say was given a lot of attention?
4. What does Williams say she noticed a year after her entering the same building?
5. Who was the woman in Williams story shot by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Williams share of being detained?
2. What does Williams think should happen to laws?
3. What did some of the other faculty tell Williams when she complained about racism in Part III, Chapter 9?
4. Who was Peter Gabel according to Part III, Chapter 8?
5. What did many members of the African American community think about Brawley?
6. What example illustrated that Williams believed the world had gone crazy?
7. What did Williams see about slavery and family?
8. What did Williams believe about New Orleans?
9. What happened when Williams entered an apartment building according to Part III, Chapter 7?
10. What analogy does Williams use to describe sterilization?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)