|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Williams briefly detained?
(a) South Carolina.
(c) New York.
2. What did Williams and her sister's story make them wonder about?
(a) Their power as lawyers.
(b) Their role as women.
(c) Their sanity.
(d) Their money.
3. What does Williams argue African-Americans think will happen if they are killed by a white police officer?
(a) Their family would receive a large settlement.
(b) Their family would be vilified.
(c) They would be seen as a criminal.
(d) The officer would not suffer any consequences.
4. What was happening inside the department store Williams entered in Part IV, Chapter 11?
(a) Employees were restocking the shelves.
(b) A live band was playing.
(c) A book signing.
(d) A fashion show.
5. What did Williams think the attitude of those she asked for help betrayed?
(a) Their lack of commitment to the faculty.
(b) Their sexism.
(c) The seriousness of racism.
(d) Their lack of respect for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man in the story at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10 claim to be?
2. What did the woman Williams talked with complain about?
3. How old was the young African-American girl Williams talks about in Part IV, Chapter 12?
4. What did Gabel's movement emphasize that rights are?
5. How does Williams describe as abstract law?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)