|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Williams relate what disturbed her to her sister?
(a) New Years.
2. What did Williams think the attitude of those she asked for help betrayed?
(a) Their lack of commitment to the faculty.
(b) Their sexism.
(c) The seriousness of racism.
(d) Their lack of respect for her.
3. What does Williams say did not work as a political strategy for blacks?
(a) Demanding results.
(b) Describing needs.
(c) Appealing to the courts.
(d) Running for office.
4. What did Williams realize during her discussion with Gabel about trust?
(a) She would never loan money.
(b) She could not win the argument.
(c) Her race would prevent it from happening.
(d) Trust was good.
5. What did Mike Tyson do that Williams says was unfair he was not despised for?
(b) Beating his wife.
(c) Losing to a white boxer.
(d) Killing a tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was happening inside the department store Williams entered in Part IV, Chapter 11?
2. What was the profession of the owner of Williams great-great-grandmother according to Part IV, Chapter 12?
3. What does Williams argue the show in the department store exhibited?
4. What does Williams say of the description of the "master-slave"?
5. What does Williams say her mother wanted her to reclaim?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the terrible dream that Williams describes?
2. How did Williams see the master-slave description?
3. What did Williams realize about the bargaining situation?
4. What did a friend who was a property law professor describe?
5. What example illustrated that Williams believed the world had gone crazy?
6. In Part IV, Chapter 10, what question did a story of Elvis raise for Williams?
7. What did Williams see about slavery and family?
8. Who was Tawana Brawley and what happened to her in 1987?
9. What does the Critical Legal Studies movement emphasize?
10. What did Williams have in her blood and why was it secret in Part IV, Chapter 12?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)