|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say small businesses did in New York in the mid 80's according to Part I, Chapter3?
(a) They started hiring private security.
(b) They installed buzzers at the door.
(c) They started refusing access to African-Americans.
(d) They started arming their clerks.
2. How many principles does Williams say she will study in the book?
3. What does Williams say the faculty's questions reinforced?
(a) Current laws.
(c) Ignorance of the race.
(d) Low standards.
4. Why was the student that came to see Williams called an activist?
(a) She complained that the bill of rights was racist.
(b) She complained that Macbeth was racist.
(c) She complained that Othello was racist.
(d) She complained white students were racist.
5. Who questions Williams opinions at the start of Part II, Chapter 6?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A student.
(c) A student's parent.
(d) The dean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What answer did Williams give to the one who questioned her account in the book?
2. What is the goal of The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
3. What does Williams criticize the increase focused on?
4. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
5. What does Williams recommend the faculty do in her correspondence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Williams have to fight a sausage manufacturer?
2. What was the first attitude of whites according to Williams and why does this happen?
3. What three features does American jurisprudence have according to Williams?
4. Why did Williams support affirmative action?
5. What does Williams say one must do in order to be noticed?
6. What does Williams believe is the real concept to consider?
7. Why was a first year law student upset with the dean in Part II, Chapter 5?
8. What caused Williams' interest in property law?
9. How does the issue in the store illustrate privatization of space?
10. What did businesses in New York City start to do in the mid-1980's and what rationale did they use in Part I, Chapter 3?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)