|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say the examples she gave in Part II, Chapter 4 illustrate?
(a) Unlawful African-Americans.
(b) The neutrality of the law.
(c) Racism among police officers.
(d) Strong segregationist instinct among whites.
2. What are the principles Williams will study in the book?
(a) Law and order.
(b) Racism and freedom.
(c) Autonomy, community and order.
(d) Freedom and universality of the law.
3. Whose plight did Williams sympathize with?
(b) Corporate excecutives.
(c) Poor farmers.
(d) Women and African-American.
4. How many principles does Williams say she will study in the book?
5. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
(b) Crime fighting.
(c) Higher energy costs.
(d) Cheap labor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the contract Williams found relate to?
2. Who does Williams say was present in the store that refused her entry?
3. What does Williams argue is a function of wealth?
4. What does Williams say happened to the Jewish student?
5. What does Williams say about black communities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three principles does Williams try to show that they interact, conflict, and interlock and what does she want to bridge the gap between?
2. What did businesses in New York City start to do in the mid-1980's and what rationale did they use in Part I, Chapter 3?
3. What do the student evaluations say of Williams?
4. What is spirit murder according to Williams?
5. Why did Williams have to fight a sausage manufacturer?
6. What does Williams believe about the social contract in the United States in Part I, Chapter 2?
7. How does Williams think African Americans are seen?
8. What happened in the second version of Williams' piece?
9. How does Williams see her social identity because of her differing social roles?
10. What does a friend called "Q" suggest about Williams' writing?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)