|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say happened to the Jewish student?
(a) He was beaten up.
(b) He was not penalized.
(c) He was expelled.
(d) He was prosecuted.
2. What types of rights does Williams argue are the only kind present in the Constitution?
(a) Positive rights.
(b) Liberty rights.
(c) Negative rights.
(d) Freedom rights.
3. What does Williams recommend the faculty do in her correspondence?
(a) Setup a racial bias council.
(b) Give students her questions only.
(c) Have ongoing exam discussion.
(d) Have questions vetted by her only.
4. What does Williams say she received from her students?
(c) Letters of recommendation.
(d) Terrible evaluations.
5. What does Williams say about how she was treated during her different social functions?
(a) As a slave.
(b) Both as black and non-black.
(c) As a white man.
(d) As a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Williams say are constructed?
2. What does Williams argue replaced direct oppression of African-Americans?
3. What did the contract Williams found relate to?
4. Why does Williams say we should avoid neutrality?
5. What two ideas of freedom does Williams mention in Part II, Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the first attitude of whites according to Williams and why does this happen?
2. What was the second attitude of whites according to Williams and why does this happen?
3. What hypothetical situation regarding insemination did Williams raise and why?
4. How does Williams see her social identity because of her differing social roles?
5. How did Williams feel when she attended Harvard Law in Part II, Chapter 4?
6. What three features does American jurisprudence have according to Williams?
7. Why did Williams support affirmative action?
8. Who questioned Williams' opinions at the start of Part II, Chapter 6?
9. How does Williams want the will theory to be expressed?
10. Why did Williams send out a memo?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)