|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say her paper evaluations did to many students?
(a) It upset them.
(b) It made them want to leave her class.
(c) It made them realize they were racists.
(d) It pleased them.
2. What does Williams want to show about legal language?
(a) It is necessary.
(b) It is reprehensible.
(c) It protect the whites in power.
(d) It flattens complex issues.
3. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
(a) An African-American journal.
(b) A Law Review.
(c) A church bulletin.
(d) A consumer rights magazine.
4. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
(a) Social parity.
(b) Social control.
(c) Social racism.
(d) Social acceptance.
5. What does Williams say some people claimed when she told her story about the store?
(a) She didn't ask why she was refused access.
(b) She didn't ask the man's name.
(c) She didn't present another opinion.
(d) They had similar stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Williams' work concern according to Part I, Chapter II?
2. What does Williams say small businesses did in New York in the mid 80's according to Part I, Chapter3?
3. What does Williams argue capitalism turned the public into?
4. How does Williams say she reacted to talking with the student?
5. What does Williams say racist attitudes towards African-American is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the response to the memo sent out by Williams?
2. What does a friend called "Q" suggest about Williams' writing?
3. What does William believe about the Supreme Court?
4. What was the first attitude of whites according to Williams and why does this happen?
5. Why did one of Williams' students become angry?
6. What does Williams hope to show regarding legal language?
7. What argument does Williams use to defend herself against the student?
8. What happened in the second version of Williams' piece?
9. What did Williams believe she did in her writing?
10. What did some claim about Williams' story about Benetton's?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)