|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say hypothetical cases were?
(d) Instructional mirrors.
2. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
(a) In an abstract way.
(b) As a concept.
(c) As an excuse for war.
(d) As political freedom.
3. What did Williams use her story about the store to illustrate?
(a) The privatization of space.
(b) White people's fear.
(c) The 1980's depression.
4. What is the second attitude Williams say was racist?
(a) Leave well enough alone.
(b) Better safe than sorry.
(c) A prejudiced society is better than a violent society.
(d) Violence is good.
5. What story about Harvard did Williams use to illustrate the point she made in Part I, Chapter 1?
(a) Her speaking with her students.
(b) Harvard's inability to find African American female professors.
(c) Her arguing with a fellow law professor.
(d) Her receiving an award.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams send to the faculty after receiving communication from students?
2. Where does Williams say a friend of hers was held at gunpoint?
3. What conclusion does Williams say she drew from the incident at the store?
4. What does Williams call the friend that suggested that her personal style of writing was too much for people?
5. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Williams believe she did in her writing?
2. What was the response to the memo sent out by Williams?
3. What did some claim about Williams' story about Benetton's?
4. What is spirit murder according to Williams?
5. How does Williams think African Americans are seen?
6. How does Williams want the will theory to be expressed?
7. Why did Williams support affirmative action?
8. What argument does Williams use to defend herself against the student?
9. What does Williams believe about the social contract in the United States in Part I, Chapter 2?
10. What does racism penetrate according to Williams?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)