|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who called the student that came to see Williams an "activist"?
(a) The assistant dean.
(b) A fellow student.
(c) The dean.
(d) A white teacher.
2. What does Williams say about how she was treated during her different social functions?
(a) As a white man.
(b) As a woman.
(c) As a slave.
(d) Both as black and non-black.
3. Who questions Williams opinions at the start of Part II, Chapter 6?
(a) The dean.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A student's parent.
(d) A student.
4. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
(b) Higher energy costs.
(c) Cheap labor.
(d) Crime fighting.
5. What does Williams say racist attitudes towards African-American is?
(a) Almost gone from modern society.
(b) The definition of slavery.
(c) The norm in some states.
(d) A form of spirit murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say the "evidentiary rules" of legitimating turf war had whites believe?
2. What does Williams say happened to one of the black youth chased by police?
3. What does Williams say she thought of the relation of the reader to a particular text was?
4. What does Williams say the image of peaceful white community being interrupted by a black presence did to blacks?
5. What was Williams accused of being after sending her correspondence to the faculty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did some claim about Williams' story about Benetton's?
2. What was the response to the memo sent out by Williams?
3. How did Williams feel when she attended Harvard Law in Part II, Chapter 4?
4. Why did Williams send out a memo?
5. What three principles does Williams try to show that they interact, conflict, and interlock and what does she want to bridge the gap between?
6. Why did Williams support affirmative action?
7. What does Williams believe is the real concept to consider?
8. Why was a first year law student upset with the dean in Part II, Chapter 5?
9. What does a friend called "Q" suggest about Williams' writing?
10. What do the student evaluations say of Williams?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)