|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two ideas of freedom does Williams mention in Part II, Chapter 6?
(a) Liberal and radical.
(b) Radical and Republican.
(c) Liberal and leftist.
(d) Liberal and racist.
2. What does Williams say students started to send her after he spoke out?
(a) Complaint letters.
(b) Their grades.
(c) Their books.
(d) Questions they saw as prejudiced.
3. Why was the student that came to see Williams called an activist?
(a) She complained white students were racist.
(b) She complained that Othello was racist.
(c) She complained that Macbeth was racist.
(d) She complained that the bill of rights was racist.
4. What does Williams say the faculty's questions reinforced?
(a) Low standards.
(b) Ignorance of the race.
(c) Current laws.
5. Who questions Williams opinions at the start of Part II, Chapter 6?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A student.
(c) A student's parent.
(d) The dean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say her post as a law professor made her be?
2. What does Williams criticize the increase focused on?
3. What does Williams send to the faculty after receiving communication from students?
4. What is Williams ethnicity?
5. What does Williams say neutral classifications do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does William believe about the Supreme Court?
2. Why was a first year law student upset with the dean in Part II, Chapter 5?
3. What did some of the other faculty tell Williams when she complained about racism in Part III, Chapter 9?
4. In Part IV, Chapter 10, what question did a story of Elvis raise for Williams?
5. What did Williams believe about New Orleans?
6. What did Williams have in her blood and why was it secret in Part IV, Chapter 12?
7. What argument does Williams use to defend herself against the student?
8. Who was Peter Gabel according to Part III, Chapter 8?
9. What is spirit murder according to Williams?
10. What did some claim about Williams' story about Benetton's?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)