|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
(a) In an abstract way.
(b) As a concept.
(c) As an excuse for war.
(d) As political freedom.
2. What generalization does Williams say should be fought?
(a) Black as bad and white as good.
(b) White as racist.
(c) Black as good and white as bad.
(d) Black as perfect.
3. What does Williams say racist attitudes towards African-American is?
(a) The norm in some states.
(b) A form of spirit murder.
(c) Almost gone from modern society.
(d) The definition of slavery.
4. What did Williams' work concern according to Part I, Chapter II?
(a) Sexism in contracts.
(b) Contract law.
(c) The line between contract and communion.
(d) Racism in contracts.
5. What does Williams say added complexities to her opinions?
(d) Her student's opinions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose arguments on affirmative action did Williams reject?
2. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
3. What policy does Williams say she supported?
4. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
5. What type of law did Williams teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does William argue that the court removes?
2. What does Williams hope to show regarding legal language?
3. What was the first attitude of whites according to Williams and why does this happen?
4. How does Williams think African Americans are seen?
5. What was the second attitude of whites according to Williams and why does this happen?
6. What do the student evaluations say of Williams?
7. Why did Williams support affirmative action?
8. What did businesses in New York City start to do in the mid-1980's and what rationale did they use in Part I, Chapter 3?
9. Who questioned Williams' opinions at the start of Part II, Chapter 6?
10. What does racism penetrate according to Williams?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)