|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say the faculty's questions reinforced?
(b) Ignorance of the race.
(c) Low standards.
(d) Current laws.
2. What policy does Williams say she supported?
(a) Affirmative action.
(b) 1st amendment.
(c) 14th amendment.
(d) Panthers movement.
3. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
(c) Slave owner.
4. What two ideas of freedom does Williams mention in Part II, Chapter 6?
(a) Liberal and racist.
(b) Liberal and radical.
(c) Radical and Republican.
(d) Liberal and leftist.
5. How does Williams say she reacted to talking with the student?
(a) She disagreed with her.
(b) She sympathized.
(c) She made fun of her.
(d) She turned her away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conclusion does Williams say she drew from the incident at the store?
2. What university did Williams attend according to Part II, Chapter 4?
3. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
4. Who prevented Williams from entering the store in Part I, Chapter 3?
5. What does Williams say the liberal understand freedom as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Williams say one must do in order to be noticed?
2. What does Williams believe is the real concept to consider?
3. What caused Williams' interest in property law?
4. Why did Williams send out a memo?
5. How did Williams feel when she attended Harvard Law in Part II, Chapter 4?
6. What would be necessary for African Americans to claim their rightful place in civilization according to Williams?
7. Who questioned Williams' opinions at the start of Part II, Chapter 6?
8. What does Williams believe about the social contract in the United States in Part I, Chapter 2?
9. Why did one of Williams' students become angry?
10. What argument does Williams use to defend herself against the student?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)