|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the student that came to see Williams called an activist?
(a) She complained that Othello was racist.
(b) She complained that Macbeth was racist.
(c) She complained that the bill of rights was racist.
(d) She complained white students were racist.
2. What does Williams note pervaded the country?
(a) Affirmative action.
(b) Racism and anti-Vietnam.
(c) Crime, drugs and police brutality.
(d) Crime only.
3. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
(a) Social acceptance.
(b) Social parity.
(c) Social control.
(d) Social racism.
4. How did the Jewish student deface the portrait in Williams' story?
(a) He colored it black.
(b) He drew moustaches.
(c) He drew glasses.
(d) He wrote "Hmm Hmm" on it.
5. What does Williams say younger adults are socialized to have?
(a) No will of their own.
(b) Negative expectation of blacks.
(c) Good grades.
(d) Good views of woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
2. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
3. Whose plight did Williams sympathize with?
4. What does Williams say the liberal understand freedom as?
5. What store was Williams prevented from entering?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the second attitude of whites according to Williams and why does this happen?
2. How did Williams see the master-slave description?
3. How did Williams feel when she attended Harvard Law in Part II, Chapter 4?
4. What did some of the other faculty tell Williams when she complained about racism in Part III, Chapter 9?
5. What does the Critical Legal Studies movement emphasize?
6. What happened when Williams entered an apartment building according to Part III, Chapter 7?
7. What was the terrible dream that Williams describes?
8. What is spirit murder according to Williams?
9. What does Williams think should happen to laws?
10. Who was Peter Gabel according to Part III, Chapter 8?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)