|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Jewish student deface the portrait in Williams' story?
(a) He colored it black.
(b) He drew glasses.
(c) He drew moustaches.
(d) He wrote "Hmm Hmm" on it.
2. Where does Williams say a friend of hers was held at gunpoint?
(a) A police station.
(b) A white restaurant.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) The White House.
3. Why does Williams say we should avoid neutrality?
(a) It is not neutral.
(b) It embedded psychic taboos.
(c) Minorities need to be favorites.
(d) African-Americans need to be favorites.
4. What does Williams criticize the increase focused on?
(a) Illegal immigrants.
(c) White women.
(d) Differences on college campuses.
5. Why was the student that came to see Williams called an activist?
(a) She complained that Othello was racist.
(b) She complained that the bill of rights was racist.
(c) She complained white students were racist.
(d) She complained that Macbeth was racist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
2. What was removed from the article Williams wrote after the first edit?
3. What conclusion does Williams say she drew from the incident at the store?
4. What did Williams' work concern according to Part I, Chapter II?
5. Who does Williams argue suffered under the then-current system?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Williams see her social identity because of her differing social roles?
2. What did some claim about Williams' story about Benetton's?
3. Who questioned Williams' opinions at the start of Part II, Chapter 6?
4. How did Williams feel when she attended Harvard Law in Part II, Chapter 4?
5. Why did Williams have to fight a sausage manufacturer?
6. What caused Williams' interest in property law?
7. Why did one of Williams' students become angry?
8. What was the second attitude of whites according to Williams and why does this happen?
9. What does Williams note pervades the United States in Part 1, Chapter 1?
10. Why did Williams send out a memo?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)