|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
(a) As an excuse for war.
(b) As a concept.
(c) As political freedom.
(d) In an abstract way.
2. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
(a) It still exists today.
(b) It disappeared in 1976.
(c) It is still present in some countries.
(d) It is reversed today.
3. What does Williams say some people claimed when she told her story about the store?
(a) She didn't present another opinion.
(b) She didn't ask the man's name.
(c) They had similar stories.
(d) She didn't ask why she was refused access.
4. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
(b) People's lives.
(d) Free speech.
5. What does Williams call the friend that suggested that her personal style of writing was too much for people?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams argue capitalism did to things that properly had no price?
2. What does Williams say small businesses did in New York in the mid 80's according to Part I, Chapter3?
3. What does Williams say neutral classifications do?
4. What does Williams argue affirmative action should be protected as?
5. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is spirit murder according to Williams?
2. What happened in the second version of Williams' piece?
3. What three principles does Williams try to show that they interact, conflict, and interlock and what does she want to bridge the gap between?
4. Why did Williams have to fight a sausage manufacturer?
5. Why was a first year law student upset with the dean in Part II, Chapter 5?
6. What caused Williams' interest in property law?
7. What did businesses in New York City start to do in the mid-1980's and what rationale did they use in Part I, Chapter 3?
8. How does the issue in the store illustrate privatization of space?
9. What did some claim about Williams' story about Benetton's?
10. What does Williams note pervades the United States in Part 1, Chapter 1?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)