|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Williams ethnicity?
2. Who does Williams say ignored her while she was attending college?
(a) Other women.
(b) Her classmates.
(c) Competitive white men.
(d) White teachers.
3. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
4. What does Williams say happened to one of the black youth chased by police?
(a) He surrendered.
(b) He was shot and killed.
(c) He was run down and died.
(d) He was arrested.
5. Who questions Williams opinions at the start of Part II, Chapter 6?
(a) A student's parent.
(b) A student.
(c) A teacher.
(d) The dean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Williams say was present in the store that refused her entry?
2. What does Williams say the liberal understand freedom as?
3. What are the principles Williams will study in the book?
4. What university did Williams attend according to Part II, Chapter 4?
5. What does Williams argue capitalism did to everything?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Williams see her social identity because of her differing social roles?
2. What was the second attitude of whites according to Williams and why does this happen?
3. How does the issue in the store illustrate privatization of space?
4. What is spirit murder according to Williams?
5. What did Williams find from her experience with the law review?
6. What was the first attitude of whites according to Williams and why does this happen?
7. Why did Williams have to fight a sausage manufacturer?
8. Why did Williams support affirmative action?
9. What three features does American jurisprudence have according to Williams?
10. What did businesses in New York City start to do in the mid-1980's and what rationale did they use in Part I, Chapter 3?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)