|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Williams say the reading group she was at read?
(a) The Color Purple.
(b) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(c) And We Are Not Saved
(d) We Are Saved.
2. What happened to be white woman Williams read about in the paper?
(a) She was killed.
(b) She was given black sperm.
(c) She was falsely imprisoned.
(d) She killed a man.
3. Who did the black community fiercely criticize?
(a) The media.
(b) The Mexican-American community.
(c) White officers.
(d) The district attorney's officer.
4. What happens in the book Williams read to black women when they turned 27?
(a) They lost their professional skills.
(b) They died.
(c) They married.
(d) They turned white.
5. Who was the woman in Williams story shot by?
(a) A drug addict.
(b) A escaped felon.
(c) An African American.
(d) A police officer.
6. What did Williams find herself upset by in the department store?
(a) A white woman.
(b) A singer.
(c) A security guard.
(d) A small dog.
7. What does Williams say her mother wanted her to reclaim?
(a) Her pride.
(b) Her heritage.
(c) The land of her ancestors.
(d) Her inheritance.
8. What did Williams do with Peter Gabel in Part III, Chapter 8?
(a) Teach a course.
(b) Have lunch.
(d) Fly in a plane.
9. What did Williams and her colleague agree the market imposed in Part IV, Chapter 12?
(a) Low esteem in women.
(b) High credit rates.
(c) A conception of whites bestowing goods.
(d) Low prices.
10. How does Williams describe as abstract law?
(a) The court system.
(c) The appeals system.
(d) Affirmative action.
11. What did the woman Williams talked with complain about?
(a) Being mugged and shot at.
(b) Being assaulted.
(c) Being drugged.
(d) Being allergic to smoke.
12. How many children does Williams say stormed out off the door as she was entering?
13. What case does Williams use to illustrate her point in Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) A white man in prison.
(b) A white woman lying on the stand.
(c) Her white woman killing her husband.
(d) A pregnant woman in prison.
14. What did Mike Tyson give Tawana Brawley?
(a) Self defense lessons.
(b) Advice on cashing in on her situation.
(c) A punch.
(d) Tickets for his fights.
15. What did Williams and her sister's story make them wonder about?
(a) Their power as lawyers.
(b) Their role as women.
(c) Their money.
(d) Their sanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gabel's movement emphasize that rights are?
2. What did the Tawana Brawley case come to represent according to Williams?
3. How old was the young African-American girl Williams talks about in Part IV, Chapter 12?
4. What organization did Peter Gabel found?
5. What does Williams say made African Americans visible?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)