|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Judge does Williams say was given a lot of attention?
(a) Antonia Watson.
(b) Sharron Markel.
(c) Maxine Thomas.
(d) Sophia Supp.
2. How many children does Williams say stormed out off the door as she was entering?
3. What does Williams say happened to black women because of professionalism?
(a) They don't marry.
(b) They divorce.
(c) They whitened.
(d) They can't be happy.
4. What conference does Williams attend in Part III, Chapter 9?
(a) The NCCA conference.
(b) Sounds of Silence Conference.
(c) The African American rights conference.
(d) The ACLU conference.
5. Where was Williams briefly detained?
(a) New York.
(d) South Carolina.
6. What did the Tawana Brawley case come to represent according to Williams?
(b) The plight of young women in the 1980's.
(c) Family violence.
(d) Black manhood vs white justice.
7. Who did the black community fiercely criticize?
(a) The district attorney's officer.
(b) The Mexican-American community.
(c) The media.
(d) White officers.
8. Why did the conference remind Williams of Tawana Brawley?
(a) The conference was about rape.
(b) The conference was about underage drinking.
(c) The conference was about media relationships.
(d) The conference was about white establishment.
9. When did Williams relate what disturbed her to her sister?
(d) New Years.
10. What did the woman Williams talked with complain about?
(a) Being allergic to smoke.
(b) Being mugged and shot at.
(c) Being drugged.
(d) Being assaulted.
11. What organization did Peter Gabel found?
(a) Liberal Legal Studies.
(b) African American Legal Help.
(c) The ACLU.
(d) Critical Legal Studies.
12. What did Williams and her sister's story make them wonder about?
(a) Their role as women.
(b) Their power as lawyers.
(c) Their money.
(d) Their sanity.
13. What did Williams and her colleague agree the market imposed in Part IV, Chapter 12?
(a) A conception of whites bestowing goods.
(b) Low prices.
(c) Low esteem in women.
(d) High credit rates.
14. Who does Williams say strongly supported Tawana Brawley?
(a) White police officers.
(b) The media.
(c) The black community.
15. What was Williams doing at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Watching television.
(d) Grading papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What show does Williams say she watched at the end of Part IV, Chapter 12?
2. What element of the bargaining situation did Williams and Gabel discuss?
3. What does Williams argue African-Americans think will happen if they are killed by a white police officer?
4. Who was the "bum" referred by the children?
5. What did Williams see on a street corner after dancing that she considered was worth mentioning?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)