|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Williams say stormed out off the door as she was entering?
2. What book does Williams say the reading group she was at read?
(a) We Are Saved.
(b) The Color Purple.
(c) And We Are Not Saved
(d) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
3. What does Williams say she noticed a year after her entering the same building?
(a) The same children.
(b) A security guard.
(c) A new security pad at the entrance.
(d) The same "bum."
4. What does Williams say Gable's movement overlooked?
(b) Black experience.
5. What type of guerrilla acts did Williams fantasize about in Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) Imprisonment of white women.
(b) Inseminating white women with black sperm.
(c) Death of white lawyers.
(d) Slashed police car tires.
6. What does Williams say the world hates?
(a) Brown spills.
(b) African Americans.
(c) Trouble makers.
7. What did Williams realize during her discussion with Gabel about trust?
(a) Trust was good.
(b) She would never loan money.
(c) She could not win the argument.
(d) Her race would prevent it from happening.
8. What procedure does Williams say the doctor advised the young girl to have?
(a) Tubal ligation.
(c) A hysterectomy.
(d) A lobotomy.
9. What show does Williams say she watched at the end of Part IV, Chapter 12?
(a) The Dr, Phil show.
(b) The People's Court.
(d) The Phil Donahue show.
10. What did Williams need help with in Part III, Chapter 9?
(a) Making a point to her students.
(b) Dealing with students.
(c) Grading her papers.
(d) Dealing with racism.
11. What did Williams say transported white tourists to another world?
(a) Large boats.
(b) Black people dancing in New Orleans.
(c) Loud music.
(d) Good food.
12. Who was the "bum" referred by the children?
(a) An elderly African-American woman.
(b) A dog.
(c) An elderly African-American man.
(d) An white "bag lady".
13. What conference does Williams attend in Part III, Chapter 9?
(a) The African American rights conference.
(b) Sounds of Silence Conference.
(c) The ACLU conference.
(d) The NCCA conference.
14. Why does Williams say she did not have the same relationship to law than Gabel who was a white male?
(a) She was a woman.
(b) She had a good attorney.
(c) She was a "dangerous" black woman.
(d) She was a lawyer.
15. What was Williams disturbed by at the start of Part IV, Chapter 11?
(a) Questions about criminal law.
(b) Questions about divorce law.
(c) Questions about contract law.
(d) Questions about civil law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in the book Williams read to black women when they turned 27?
2. Where was Williams briefly detained?
3. What did Williams and her colleague agree the market imposed in Part IV, Chapter 12?
4. What did white men define under slavery?
5. What did Williams do with Peter Gabel in Part III, Chapter 8?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)