|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of guerrilla acts did Williams fantasize about in Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) Death of white lawyers.
(b) Inseminating white women with black sperm.
(c) Slashed police car tires.
(d) Imprisonment of white women.
2. What procedure does Williams say the doctor advised the young girl to have?
(a) Tubal ligation.
(b) A lobotomy.
(c) A hysterectomy.
3. Where was Williams briefly detained?
(b) New York.
(d) South Carolina.
4. What does the man in the story at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10 claim to be?
(a) President of the United States.
(b) The black reincarnation of Elvis
(c) Martin Luther King.
(d) A lawyer.
5. Who was the woman in Williams story shot by?
(a) An African American.
(b) A drug addict.
(c) A escaped felon.
(d) A police officer.
6. What did Williams and her sister's story make them wonder about?
(a) Their power as lawyers.
(b) Their role as women.
(c) Their money.
(d) Their sanity.
7. What did Mike Tyson do that Williams says was unfair he was not despised for?
(a) Losing to a white boxer.
(b) Killing a tiger.
(c) Beating his wife.
8. What does Williams say happened to black women because of professionalism?
(a) They don't marry.
(b) They whitened.
(c) They divorce.
(d) They can't be happy.
9. What conference does Williams attend in Part III, Chapter 9?
(a) The NCCA conference.
(b) Sounds of Silence Conference.
(c) The African American rights conference.
(d) The ACLU conference.
10. What did Mike Tyson give Tawana Brawley?
(a) Self defense lessons.
(b) A punch.
(c) Tickets for his fights.
(d) Advice on cashing in on her situation.
11. What show does Williams say she watched at the end of Part IV, Chapter 12?
(a) The Phil Donahue show.
(b) The People's Court.
(c) The Dr, Phil show.
12. What happened to be white woman Williams read about in the paper?
(a) She was falsely imprisoned.
(b) She was killed.
(c) She killed a man.
(d) She was given black sperm.
13. What did Williams need help with in Part III, Chapter 9?
(a) Dealing with students.
(b) Grading her papers.
(c) Making a point to her students.
(d) Dealing with racism.
14. What did Williams think the attitude of those she asked for help betrayed?
(a) Their lack of respect for her.
(b) Their sexism.
(c) Their lack of commitment to the faculty.
(d) The seriousness of racism.
15. What book does Williams say the reading group she was at read?
(a) And We Are Not Saved
(b) We Are Saved.
(c) The Color Purple.
(d) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say did not work as a political strategy for blacks?
2. What did white men define under slavery?
3. What case does Williams use to illustrate her point in Part IV, Chapter 10?
4. What joke did Williams mother made about her being a lawyer?
5. Who did Williams argue with after the first conference she went to?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)