|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization did Peter Gabel found?
(a) Critical Legal Studies.
(b) The ACLU.
(c) Liberal Legal Studies.
(d) African American Legal Help.
2. What did the woman Williams talked with complain about?
(a) Being drugged.
(b) Being allergic to smoke.
(c) Being assaulted.
(d) Being mugged and shot at.
3. What does Williams say made African Americans visible?
(a) Running for office.
(c) Social commitments to protect rights.
4. What did Williams need help with in Part III, Chapter 9?
(a) Making a point to her students.
(b) Grading her papers.
(c) Dealing with students.
(d) Dealing with racism.
5. Who did Williams argue with after the first conference she went to?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her students.
(c) A security guard.
(d) A law and literature professor.
6. What was the profession of the owner of Williams great-great-grandmother according to Part IV, Chapter 12?
7. What case does Williams use to illustrate her point in Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) Her white woman killing her husband.
(b) A white man in prison.
(c) A pregnant woman in prison.
(d) A white woman lying on the stand.
8. Why did the conference remind Williams of Tawana Brawley?
(a) The conference was about underage drinking.
(b) The conference was about media relationships.
(c) The conference was about rape.
(d) The conference was about white establishment.
9. What element of the bargaining situation did Williams and Gabel discuss?
(a) The legality of it.
(b) The necessity for a contract.
(c) What things are worth.
(d) Trust and distrust.
10. What did Mike Tyson do that Williams says was unfair he was not despised for?
(b) Losing to a white boxer.
(c) Beating his wife.
(d) Killing a tiger.
11. What does Williams say contract law implies?
(a) The idea of an illusory contract.
(b) One person owning another.
(c) Ownership over goods.
(d) Freedom can be limited.
12. What did Williams do with Peter Gabel in Part III, Chapter 8?
(a) Have lunch.
(c) Teach a course.
(d) Fly in a plane.
13. Where did Tawana Brawley live in 1987?
(b) San Francisco.
14. What was happening inside the department store Williams entered in Part IV, Chapter 11?
(a) A live band was playing.
(b) A book signing.
(c) A fashion show.
(d) Employees were restocking the shelves.
15. What book does Williams say the reading group she was at read?
(a) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(b) The Color Purple.
(c) We Are Saved.
(d) And We Are Not Saved
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Williams say she did not have the same relationship to law than Gabel who was a white male?
2. What does Williams argue the show in the department store exhibited?
3. What conference does Williams attend in Part III, Chapter 9?
4. What was Williams disturbed by at the start of Part IV, Chapter 11?
5. What did Williams see on a street corner after dancing that she considered was worth mentioning?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)