|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams think triggered the Judge's mental breakdown?
(a) A killing in her courtroom.
(b) Stress factors on black professional women.
(c) A particularly horrifying case.
(d) An overload of cases.
2. Where was Williams briefly detained?
(a) South Carolina.
(b) New York.
3. What does Williams say did not work as a political strategy for blacks?
(a) Describing needs.
(b) Demanding results.
(c) Running for office.
(d) Appealing to the courts.
4. What type of patients were being housed in the hospital Williams' godmother died in?
(a) Pregnant women.
(b) AIDS patients.
(c) Cancer patients.
(d) Terminal patients.
5. What does Williams say of the description of the "master-slave"?
(a) It was missundersttod.
(b) It was still in effect.
(c) It was accurate.
(d) It was incomplete.
6. Who was the "bum" referred by the children?
(a) An white "bag lady".
(b) An elderly African-American woman.
(c) A dog.
(d) An elderly African-American man.
7. What did white men define under slavery?
(b) The law.
8. What did the woman Williams talked with complain about?
(a) Being drugged.
(b) Being assaulted.
(c) Being allergic to smoke.
(d) Being mugged and shot at.
9. Why does Williams say she did not have the same relationship to law than Gabel who was a white male?
(a) She was a lawyer.
(b) She was a woman.
(c) She was a "dangerous" black woman.
(d) She had a good attorney.
10. Why did the conference remind Williams of Tawana Brawley?
(a) The conference was about underage drinking.
(b) The conference was about rape.
(c) The conference was about media relationships.
(d) The conference was about white establishment.
11. What did Williams enter at the start of Part III, Chapter 7?
(a) A store.
(b) An apartment building.
(c) A police station.
(d) A storage depot.
12. What did Williams find herself upset by in the department store?
(a) A small dog.
(b) A security guard.
(c) A white woman.
(d) A singer.
13. What book does Williams say the reading group she was at read?
(a) And We Are Not Saved
(b) We Are Saved.
(c) The Color Purple.
(d) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
14. How many times was the young African-American girl Williams talks about pregnant in Part IV, Chapter 12?
(a) 4 times.
(b) 5 times.
(c) 2 times.
(d) 3 times.
15. What does the man in the story at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10 claim to be?
(a) President of the United States.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) Martin Luther King.
(d) The black reincarnation of Elvis
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Gabel lend a sub-lessor?
2. What happened to be white woman Williams read about in the paper?
3. What does Williams say nothing was in the city?
4. What does Williams say the world hates?
5. What was happening inside the department store Williams entered in Part IV, Chapter 11?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)