|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Williams say transported white tourists to another world?
(a) Large boats.
(b) Good food.
(c) Loud music.
(d) Black people dancing in New Orleans.
2. What does Williams say she noticed a year after her entering the same building?
(a) A new security pad at the entrance.
(b) The same "bum."
(c) A security guard.
(d) The same children.
3. What Judge does Williams say was given a lot of attention?
(a) Sharron Markel.
(b) Maxine Thomas.
(c) Sophia Supp.
(d) Antonia Watson.
4. What does Williams think triggered the Judge's mental breakdown?
(a) A killing in her courtroom.
(b) Stress factors on black professional women.
(c) An overload of cases.
(d) A particularly horrifying case.
5. Who did Williams argue with after the first conference she went to?
(a) Her students.
(b) A security guard.
(c) Her sister.
(d) A law and literature professor.
6. What happened to be white woman Williams read about in the paper?
(a) She killed a man.
(b) She was killed.
(c) She was falsely imprisoned.
(d) She was given black sperm.
7. What element of the bargaining situation did Williams and Gabel discuss?
(a) Trust and distrust.
(b) The legality of it.
(c) What things are worth.
(d) The necessity for a contract.
8. What does Williams say happened to black women because of professionalism?
(a) They whitened.
(b) They can't be happy.
(c) They divorce.
(d) They don't marry.
9. What does Williams wonder whether a white man would ever do at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) Pretend to be the reincarnation of a black man.
(b) Agree with her.
(c) Be president of the NCCA.
(d) Be fair to an African American.
10. How old was Tawana Brawley in 1987?
11. What did Williams realize during her discussion with Gabel about trust?
(a) She would never loan money.
(b) Her race would prevent it from happening.
(c) She could not win the argument.
(d) Trust was good.
12. When did Williams relate what disturbed her to her sister?
(a) New Years.
13. What was Williams disturbed by at the start of Part IV, Chapter 11?
(a) Questions about contract law.
(b) Questions about divorce law.
(c) Questions about criminal law.
(d) Questions about civil law.
14. What did Williams enter at the start of Part III, Chapter 7?
(a) An apartment building.
(b) A police station.
(c) A storage depot.
(d) A store.
15. What does Williams say the world hates?
(a) Brown spills.
(c) African Americans.
(d) Trouble makers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What answer was Williams given by those she asked for help?
2. Who did the black community fiercely criticize?
3. Who does Williams say strongly supported Tawana Brawley?
4. What does Williams say made African Americans visible?
5. What does Williams say contract law implies?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)