|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was happening inside the department store Williams entered in Part IV, Chapter 11?
(a) A live band was playing.
(b) A fashion show.
(c) Employees were restocking the shelves.
(d) A book signing.
2. What happened to be white woman Williams read about in the paper?
(a) She was killed.
(b) She was falsely imprisoned.
(c) She killed a man.
(d) She was given black sperm.
3. What does the man in the story at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10 claim to be?
(a) The black reincarnation of Elvis
(b) A lawyer.
(c) President of the United States.
(d) Martin Luther King.
4. What does Williams say made African Americans visible?
(b) Running for office.
(c) Social commitments to protect rights.
5. Where did Tawana Brawley live in 1987?
(b) San Francisco.
6. Where was Williams briefly detained?
(a) South Carolina.
(d) New York.
7. What does Williams say contract law implies?
(a) Freedom can be limited.
(b) Ownership over goods.
(c) The idea of an illusory contract.
(d) One person owning another.
8. What type of guerrilla acts did Williams fantasize about in Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) Imprisonment of white women.
(b) Inseminating white women with black sperm.
(c) Slashed police car tires.
(d) Death of white lawyers.
9. What happens in the book Williams read to black women when they turned 27?
(a) They died.
(b) They turned white.
(c) They married.
(d) They lost their professional skills.
10. What organization did Peter Gabel found?
(a) The ACLU.
(b) Liberal Legal Studies.
(c) African American Legal Help.
(d) Critical Legal Studies.
11. What did Williams and her colleague agree the market imposed in Part IV, Chapter 12?
(a) A conception of whites bestowing goods.
(b) Low prices.
(c) Low esteem in women.
(d) High credit rates.
12. How many times was the young African-American girl Williams talks about pregnant in Part IV, Chapter 12?
(a) 4 times.
(b) 3 times.
(c) 2 times.
(d) 5 times.
13. What story did Williams' sister tell her when they met?
(a) A hostage case.
(b) A shooting nearby.
(c) A walk-through wake.
(d) The death of a friend.
14. Who was the "bum" referred by the children?
(a) An elderly African-American man.
(b) An white "bag lady".
(c) A dog.
(d) An elderly African-American woman.
15. Who did Williams argue with after the first conference she went to?
(a) A security guard.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her students.
(d) A law and literature professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What joke did Williams mother made about her being a lawyer?
2. Who did the black community fiercely criticize?
3. What did Williams realize during her discussion with Gabel about trust?
4. What did Williams find herself upset by in the department store?
5. What does Williams say happened to black women because of professionalism?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)