|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Williams doing at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Watching television.
(d) Grading papers.
2. What happens in the book Williams read to black women when they turned 27?
(a) They turned white.
(b) They married.
(c) They died.
(d) They lost their professional skills.
3. What conference does Williams attend in Part III, Chapter 9?
(a) The NCCA conference.
(b) The ACLU conference.
(c) Sounds of Silence Conference.
(d) The African American rights conference.
4. What did Williams need help with in Part III, Chapter 9?
(a) Making a point to her students.
(b) Dealing with students.
(c) Dealing with racism.
(d) Grading her papers.
5. What does Williams say she noticed a year after her entering the same building?
(a) The same "bum."
(b) A security guard.
(c) The same children.
(d) A new security pad at the entrance.
6. How much money did Gabel lend a sub-lessor?
7. How old was the young African-American girl Williams talks about in Part IV, Chapter 12?
8. Who did the black community fiercely criticize?
(a) The Mexican-American community.
(b) The media.
(c) The district attorney's officer.
(d) White officers.
9. What did Mike Tyson give Tawana Brawley?
(a) Tickets for his fights.
(b) Self defense lessons.
(c) Advice on cashing in on her situation.
(d) A punch.
10. What did Williams do with Peter Gabel in Part III, Chapter 8?
(a) Have lunch.
(c) Teach a course.
(d) Fly in a plane.
11. What does Williams wonder whether a white man would ever do at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) Agree with her.
(b) Be president of the NCCA.
(c) Pretend to be the reincarnation of a black man.
(d) Be fair to an African American.
12. How many times was the young African-American girl Williams talks about pregnant in Part IV, Chapter 12?
(a) 3 times.
(b) 2 times.
(c) 5 times.
(d) 4 times.
13. Who did Williams argue with after the first conference she went to?
(a) Her sister.
(b) A law and literature professor.
(c) Her students.
(d) A security guard.
14. What wasn't binding during slavery?
(a) Criminal proceedings.
(b) Marriage between slaves.
(c) Ownership contracts.
(d) Church laws.
15. What show does Williams say she watched at the end of Part IV, Chapter 12?
(b) The Dr, Phil show.
(c) The Phil Donahue show.
(d) The People's Court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Williams enter at the start of Part III, Chapter 7?
2. What did Williams' friends pressure her to admit about the show in the department store?
3. What does the man in the story at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10 claim to be?
4. What did Williams and her sister's story make them wonder about?
5. Where did Tawana Brawley live in 1987?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)