|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Tawana Brawley case come to represent according to Williams?
(b) Black manhood vs white justice.
(c) Family violence.
(d) The plight of young women in the 1980's.
2. What does Williams say Gable's movement overlooked?
(a) Black experience.
3. What does Williams say the world hates?
(a) Brown spills.
(b) Trouble makers.
(d) African Americans.
4. How many times was the woman mentioned in Williams' story shot?
(a) Three times.
(c) Four times.
5. Why did the conference remind Williams of Tawana Brawley?
(a) The conference was about media relationships.
(b) The conference was about rape.
(c) The conference was about white establishment.
(d) The conference was about underage drinking.
6. What did Williams and her colleague agree the market imposed in Part IV, Chapter 12?
(a) A conception of whites bestowing goods.
(b) Low prices.
(c) Low esteem in women.
(d) High credit rates.
7. Why does Williams say she did not have the same relationship to law than Gabel who was a white male?
(a) She was a "dangerous" black woman.
(b) She was a lawyer.
(c) She had a good attorney.
(d) She was a woman.
8. What did Williams need help with in Part III, Chapter 9?
(a) Dealing with students.
(b) Dealing with racism.
(c) Making a point to her students.
(d) Grading her papers.
9. What joke did Williams mother made about her being a lawyer?
(a) She had it in her blood.
(b) She was rich.
(c) She could sue her.
(d) She should bill her visit by the hour.
10. What did Mike Tyson give Tawana Brawley?
(a) Advice on cashing in on her situation.
(b) A punch.
(c) Self defense lessons.
(d) Tickets for his fights.
11. What Judge does Williams say was given a lot of attention?
(a) Sophia Supp.
(b) Antonia Watson.
(c) Sharron Markel.
(d) Maxine Thomas.
12. Whose story does Williams mention in Part III, Chapter 7?
(a) Martha Eleor.
(b) Martha Stanford.
(c) Eleanor Bumpurs.
(d) Sophie Freeman.
13. What did the woman Williams talked with complain about?
(a) Being mugged and shot at.
(b) Being allergic to smoke.
(c) Being assaulted.
(d) Being drugged.
14. How many children does Williams say stormed out off the door as she was entering?
15. What did Williams say transported white tourists to another world?
(a) Large boats.
(b) Good food.
(c) Loud music.
(d) Black people dancing in New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story did Williams' sister tell her when they met?
2. What organization did Peter Gabel found?
3. What was the profession of the owner of Williams great-great-grandmother according to Part IV, Chapter 12?
4. What conference does Williams attend in Part III, Chapter 9?
5. What book does Williams say the reading group she was at read?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)