|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say of the description of the "master-slave"?
(a) It was missundersttod.
(b) It was accurate.
(c) It was still in effect.
(d) It was incomplete.
2. What did Williams' friends pressure her to admit about the show in the department store?
(a) The book was unreadable.
(b) She was racist.
(c) It was progress.
(d) The songs were good.
3. What did Mike Tyson give Tawana Brawley?
(a) A punch.
(b) Advice on cashing in on her situation.
(c) Tickets for his fights.
(d) Self defense lessons.
4. What Judge does Williams say was given a lot of attention?
(a) Sharron Markel.
(b) Sophia Supp.
(c) Antonia Watson.
(d) Maxine Thomas.
5. What did Williams say transported white tourists to another world?
(a) Black people dancing in New Orleans.
(b) Loud music.
(c) Large boats.
(d) Good food.
6. How old was the young African-American girl Williams talks about in Part IV, Chapter 12?
7. Where was Williams briefly detained?
(a) South Carolina.
(c) New York.
8. Where does Williams go after meeting her sister?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
9. What element of the bargaining situation did Williams and Gabel discuss?
(a) The legality of it.
(b) What things are worth.
(c) The necessity for a contract.
(d) Trust and distrust.
10. What case does Williams use to illustrate her point in Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) A white woman lying on the stand.
(b) A white man in prison.
(c) Her white woman killing her husband.
(d) A pregnant woman in prison.
11. What did Williams see on a street corner after dancing that she considered was worth mentioning?
(a) A drunk policeman.
(b) An old black man.
(c) An old black woman.
(d) A street sign.
12. When did Williams relate what disturbed her to her sister?
(d) New Years.
13. Who did Williams argue with after the first conference she went to?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her students.
(c) A law and literature professor.
(d) A security guard.
14. Why does Williams say she did not have the same relationship to law than Gabel who was a white male?
(a) She was a "dangerous" black woman.
(b) She was a lawyer.
(c) She had a good attorney.
(d) She was a woman.
15. What does Williams say the world hates?
(b) Brown spills.
(c) African Americans.
(d) Trouble makers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say her mother wanted her to reclaim?
2. What conference does Williams attend in Part III, Chapter 9?
3. What show does Williams say she watched at the end of Part IV, Chapter 12?
4. How many times was the woman mentioned in Williams' story shot?
5. What book does Williams say the reading group she was at read?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)