|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Williams relate what disturbed her to her sister?
(a) New Years.
2. Who was the woman in Williams story shot by?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A escaped felon.
(c) A drug addict.
(d) An African American.
3. What procedure does Williams say the doctor advised the young girl to have?
(b) A lobotomy.
(c) A hysterectomy.
(d) Tubal ligation.
4. What does Williams wonder whether a white man would ever do at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) Be president of the NCCA.
(b) Be fair to an African American.
(c) Pretend to be the reincarnation of a black man.
(d) Agree with her.
5. What organization did Peter Gabel found?
(a) African American Legal Help.
(b) Liberal Legal Studies.
(c) The ACLU.
(d) Critical Legal Studies.
6. Why did the conference remind Williams of Tawana Brawley?
(a) The conference was about media relationships.
(b) The conference was about white establishment.
(c) The conference was about rape.
(d) The conference was about underage drinking.
7. Where does Williams go after meeting her sister?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
8. What Judge does Williams say was given a lot of attention?
(a) Antonia Watson.
(b) Sharron Markel.
(c) Sophia Supp.
(d) Maxine Thomas.
9. What does Williams say contract law implies?
(a) Ownership over goods.
(b) The idea of an illusory contract.
(c) One person owning another.
(d) Freedom can be limited.
10. What did the Tawana Brawley case come to represent according to Williams?
(b) Black manhood vs white justice.
(c) The plight of young women in the 1980's.
(d) Family violence.
11. What did Williams realize during her discussion with Gabel about trust?
(a) Trust was good.
(b) She could not win the argument.
(c) Her race would prevent it from happening.
(d) She would never loan money.
12. Where was Williams briefly detained?
(c) South Carolina.
(d) New York.
13. What show does Williams say she watched at the end of Part IV, Chapter 12?
(a) The Phil Donahue show.
(b) The People's Court.
(c) The Dr, Phil show.
14. Where did Tawana Brawley live in 1987?
(a) San Francisco.
15. What does Williams say did not work as a political strategy for blacks?
(a) Describing needs.
(b) Running for office.
(c) Appealing to the courts.
(d) Demanding results.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Williams say transported white tourists to another world?
2. What answer was Williams given by those she asked for help?
3. How old was the young African-American girl Williams talks about in Part IV, Chapter 12?
4. What does the man in the story at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10 claim to be?
5. What does Williams say her mother wanted her to reclaim?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)