|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say happened to black women because of professionalism?
(a) They don't marry.
(b) They divorce.
(c) They whitened.
(d) They can't be happy.
2. Where does Williams go after meeting her sister?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New Orleans.
(d) New York.
3. What did Williams say transported white tourists to another world?
(a) Good food.
(b) Black people dancing in New Orleans.
(c) Loud music.
(d) Large boats.
4. What Judge does Williams say was given a lot of attention?
(a) Sharron Markel.
(b) Antonia Watson.
(c) Sophia Supp.
(d) Maxine Thomas.
5. What case does Williams use to illustrate her point in Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) A white woman lying on the stand.
(b) Her white woman killing her husband.
(c) A white man in prison.
(d) A pregnant woman in prison.
6. Why did the conference remind Williams of Tawana Brawley?
(a) The conference was about media relationships.
(b) The conference was about white establishment.
(c) The conference was about rape.
(d) The conference was about underage drinking.
7. What was Williams doing at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) Grading papers.
(b) Watching television.
(d) Reading a book.
8. What did Williams and her sister's story make them wonder about?
(a) Their money.
(b) Their power as lawyers.
(c) Their sanity.
(d) Their role as women.
9. What happened to be white woman Williams read about in the paper?
(a) She was given black sperm.
(b) She killed a man.
(c) She was killed.
(d) She was falsely imprisoned.
10. What did Williams do with Peter Gabel in Part III, Chapter 8?
(b) Have lunch.
(c) Fly in a plane.
(d) Teach a course.
11. What type of guerrilla acts did Williams fantasize about in Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) Death of white lawyers.
(b) Inseminating white women with black sperm.
(c) Imprisonment of white women.
(d) Slashed police car tires.
12. What type of patients were being housed in the hospital Williams' godmother died in?
(a) Pregnant women.
(b) Terminal patients.
(c) Cancer patients.
(d) AIDS patients.
13. What did Williams need help with in Part III, Chapter 9?
(a) Dealing with racism.
(b) Grading her papers.
(c) Making a point to her students.
(d) Dealing with students.
14. When did Williams relate what disturbed her to her sister?
(a) New Years.
15. What did Williams realize during her discussion with Gabel about trust?
(a) She could not win the argument.
(b) Trust was good.
(c) Her race would prevent it from happening.
(d) She would never loan money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say nothing was in the city?
2. What did the woman Williams talked with complain about?
3. Where did Tawana Brawley live in 1987?
4. What did Williams find herself upset by in the department store?
5. What did Williams enter at the start of Part III, Chapter 7?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)