|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mike Tyson do that Williams says was unfair he was not despised for?
(a) Beating his wife.
(c) Killing a tiger.
(d) Losing to a white boxer.
2. Why did the conference remind Williams of Tawana Brawley?
(a) The conference was about underage drinking.
(b) The conference was about white establishment.
(c) The conference was about rape.
(d) The conference was about media relationships.
3. What does Williams say her mother wanted her to reclaim?
(a) Her pride.
(b) Her heritage.
(c) Her inheritance.
(d) The land of her ancestors.
4. How much money did Gabel lend a sub-lessor?
5. Who was the woman in Williams story shot by?
(a) A police officer.
(b) An African American.
(c) A drug addict.
(d) A escaped felon.
6. Where did Tawana Brawley live in 1987?
(d) San Francisco.
7. What does Williams wonder whether a white man would ever do at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) Pretend to be the reincarnation of a black man.
(b) Be fair to an African American.
(c) Be president of the NCCA.
(d) Agree with her.
8. What did Williams find herself upset by in the department store?
(a) A white woman.
(b) A small dog.
(c) A security guard.
(d) A singer.
9. What did Williams' friends pressure her to admit about the show in the department store?
(a) She was racist.
(b) The book was unreadable.
(c) It was progress.
(d) The songs were good.
10. What did white men define under slavery?
(d) The law.
11. What did Williams realize during her discussion with Gabel about trust?
(a) Trust was good.
(b) She would never loan money.
(c) She could not win the argument.
(d) Her race would prevent it from happening.
12. How does Williams describe as abstract law?
(a) The appeals system.
(b) Affirmative action.
(c) The court system.
13. How many children does Williams say stormed out off the door as she was entering?
14. What story did Williams' sister tell her when they met?
(a) A shooting nearby.
(b) A hostage case.
(c) The death of a friend.
(d) A walk-through wake.
15. Who was the "bum" referred by the children?
(a) An white "bag lady".
(b) A dog.
(c) An elderly African-American woman.
(d) An elderly African-American man.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Williams relate what disturbed her to her sister?
2. What organization did Peter Gabel found?
3. What case does Williams use to illustrate her point in Part IV, Chapter 10?
4. Who did Williams argue with after the first conference she went to?
5. How old was Tawana Brawley in 1987?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)