|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of patients were being housed in the hospital Williams' godmother died in?
(a) Terminal patients.
(b) AIDS patients.
(c) Pregnant women.
(d) Cancer patients.
2. What did Williams realize during her discussion with Gabel about trust?
(a) She could not win the argument.
(b) Her race would prevent it from happening.
(c) Trust was good.
(d) She would never loan money.
3. When did Williams relate what disturbed her to her sister?
(d) New Years.
4. What was Williams disturbed by at the start of Part IV, Chapter 11?
(a) Questions about divorce law.
(b) Questions about contract law.
(c) Questions about civil law.
(d) Questions about criminal law.
5. What was Williams doing at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Watching television.
(d) Grading papers.
6. What does Williams say contract law implies?
(a) One person owning another.
(b) Ownership over goods.
(c) The idea of an illusory contract.
(d) Freedom can be limited.
7. What does Williams say she noticed a year after her entering the same building?
(a) The same children.
(b) The same "bum."
(c) A new security pad at the entrance.
(d) A security guard.
8. What does Williams wonder whether a white man would ever do at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) Pretend to be the reincarnation of a black man.
(b) Be fair to an African American.
(c) Agree with her.
(d) Be president of the NCCA.
9. What does Williams say made African Americans visible?
(a) Social commitments to protect rights.
(d) Running for office.
10. What did Williams' friends pressure her to admit about the show in the department store?
(a) The songs were good.
(b) The book was unreadable.
(c) It was progress.
(d) She was racist.
11. What did Mike Tyson do that Williams says was unfair he was not despised for?
(b) Beating his wife.
(c) Losing to a white boxer.
(d) Killing a tiger.
12. Why did the conference remind Williams of Tawana Brawley?
(a) The conference was about rape.
(b) The conference was about white establishment.
(c) The conference was about underage drinking.
(d) The conference was about media relationships.
13. What conference does Williams attend in Part III, Chapter 9?
(a) Sounds of Silence Conference.
(b) The NCCA conference.
(c) The ACLU conference.
(d) The African American rights conference.
14. What did Gabel's movement emphasize that rights are?
(a) Guaranteed by the Law.
(b) Made for white people.
(c) Ignored by police officers.
(d) Unstable and indeterminate.
15. What case does Williams use to illustrate her point in Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) A pregnant woman in prison.
(b) A white man in prison.
(c) A white woman lying on the stand.
(d) Her white woman killing her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say did not work as a political strategy for blacks?
2. How old was the young African-American girl Williams talks about in Part IV, Chapter 12?
3. What did Williams need help with in Part III, Chapter 9?
4. How many times was the young African-American girl Williams talks about pregnant in Part IV, Chapter 12?
5. What does Williams say the world hates?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)