|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the conference remind Williams of Tawana Brawley?
(a) The conference was about media relationships.
(b) The conference was about underage drinking.
(c) The conference was about white establishment.
(d) The conference was about rape.
2. What show does Williams say she watched at the end of Part IV, Chapter 12?
(a) The People's Court.
(b) The Dr, Phil show.
(c) The Phil Donahue show.
3. What story did Williams' sister tell her when they met?
(a) The death of a friend.
(b) A walk-through wake.
(c) A hostage case.
(d) A shooting nearby.
4. What did Williams' friends pressure her to admit about the show in the department store?
(a) The book was unreadable.
(b) She was racist.
(c) The songs were good.
(d) It was progress.
5. What does Williams say of the description of the "master-slave"?
(a) It was accurate.
(b) It was still in effect.
(c) It was missundersttod.
(d) It was incomplete.
6. What Judge does Williams say was given a lot of attention?
(a) Antonia Watson.
(b) Sophia Supp.
(c) Sharron Markel.
(d) Maxine Thomas.
7. What did Williams say transported white tourists to another world?
(a) Good food.
(b) Large boats.
(c) Loud music.
(d) Black people dancing in New Orleans.
8. How many times was the young African-American girl Williams talks about pregnant in Part IV, Chapter 12?
(a) 2 times.
(b) 3 times.
(c) 5 times.
(d) 4 times.
9. What did Williams think the attitude of those she asked for help betrayed?
(a) The seriousness of racism.
(b) Their lack of respect for her.
(c) Their sexism.
(d) Their lack of commitment to the faculty.
10. What does Williams wonder whether a white man would ever do at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) Pretend to be the reincarnation of a black man.
(b) Agree with her.
(c) Be fair to an African American.
(d) Be president of the NCCA.
11. When did Williams relate what disturbed her to her sister?
(b) New Years.
12. What happens in the book Williams read to black women when they turned 27?
(a) They died.
(b) They turned white.
(c) They lost their professional skills.
(d) They married.
13. Who was the "bum" referred by the children?
(a) An elderly African-American man.
(b) An elderly African-American woman.
(c) A dog.
(d) An white "bag lady".
14. What does Williams say she noticed a year after her entering the same building?
(a) A security guard.
(b) The same children.
(c) The same "bum."
(d) A new security pad at the entrance.
15. What organization did Peter Gabel found?
(a) The ACLU.
(b) Liberal Legal Studies.
(c) Critical Legal Studies.
(d) African American Legal Help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What answer was Williams given by those she asked for help?
2. Where does Williams go after meeting her sister?
3. What was Williams doing at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10?
4. What element of the bargaining situation did Williams and Gabel discuss?
5. What does Williams say did not work as a political strategy for blacks?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)