|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say Gable's movement overlooked?
(a) Black experience.
2. What did Mike Tyson give Tawana Brawley?
(a) Advice on cashing in on her situation.
(b) A punch.
(c) Tickets for his fights.
(d) Self defense lessons.
3. What does Williams say did not work as a political strategy for blacks?
(a) Appealing to the courts.
(b) Running for office.
(c) Demanding results.
(d) Describing needs.
4. What did Williams and her colleague agree the market imposed in Part IV, Chapter 12?
(a) Low esteem in women.
(b) Low prices.
(c) A conception of whites bestowing goods.
(d) High credit rates.
5. Who was the "bum" referred by the children?
(a) An elderly African-American woman.
(b) A dog.
(c) An white "bag lady".
(d) An elderly African-American man.
6. What does Williams say nothing was in the city?
(b) Available fo African-Americans.
7. What did Mike Tyson do that Williams says was unfair he was not despised for?
(a) Beating his wife.
(b) Losing to a white boxer.
(d) Killing a tiger.
8. How much money did Gabel lend a sub-lessor?
9. What wasn't binding during slavery?
(a) Ownership contracts.
(b) Criminal proceedings.
(c) Church laws.
(d) Marriage between slaves.
10. Who did the black community fiercely criticize?
(a) White officers.
(b) The district attorney's officer.
(c) The Mexican-American community.
(d) The media.
11. Who did Williams argue with after the first conference she went to?
(a) A security guard.
(b) A law and literature professor.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her students.
12. What organization did Peter Gabel found?
(a) African American Legal Help.
(b) Critical Legal Studies.
(c) The ACLU.
(d) Liberal Legal Studies.
13. What did Williams find herself upset by in the department store?
(a) A small dog.
(b) A security guard.
(c) A singer.
(d) A white woman.
14. What did white men define under slavery?
(b) The law.
15. What did Williams need help with in Part III, Chapter 9?
(a) Dealing with students.
(b) Grading her papers.
(c) Dealing with racism.
(d) Making a point to her students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of the owner of Williams great-great-grandmother according to Part IV, Chapter 12?
2. How many times was the woman mentioned in Williams' story shot?
3. What does Williams say happened to black women because of professionalism?
4. Where was Williams briefly detained?
5. How old was the young African-American girl Williams talks about in Part IV, Chapter 12?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)