|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What show does Williams say she watched at the end of Part IV, Chapter 12?
(a) The Phil Donahue show.
(b) The Dr, Phil show.
(d) The People's Court.
2. What procedure does Williams say the doctor advised the young girl to have?
(a) A hysterectomy.
(b) Tubal ligation.
(d) A lobotomy.
3. What organization did Peter Gabel found?
(a) African American Legal Help.
(b) Critical Legal Studies.
(c) The ACLU.
(d) Liberal Legal Studies.
4. What did the woman Williams talked with complain about?
(a) Being mugged and shot at.
(b) Being drugged.
(c) Being assaulted.
(d) Being allergic to smoke.
5. What does Williams wonder whether a white man would ever do at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) Pretend to be the reincarnation of a black man.
(b) Be president of the NCCA.
(c) Be fair to an African American.
(d) Agree with her.
6. Who was the woman in Williams story shot by?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A escaped felon.
(c) An African American.
(d) A drug addict.
7. How does Williams describe as abstract law?
(b) Affirmative action.
(c) The court system.
(d) The appeals system.
8. Who did Williams argue with after the first conference she went to?
(a) Her sister.
(b) A law and literature professor.
(c) Her students.
(d) A security guard.
9. What does Williams say her mother wanted her to reclaim?
(a) Her inheritance.
(b) Her heritage.
(c) The land of her ancestors.
(d) Her pride.
10. Where was Williams briefly detained?
(a) New York.
(b) South Carolina.
11. Where does Williams go after meeting her sister?
(b) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New Orleans.
12. What happens in the book Williams read to black women when they turned 27?
(a) They died.
(b) They turned white.
(c) They lost their professional skills.
(d) They married.
13. What conference does Williams attend in Part III, Chapter 9?
(a) The NCCA conference.
(b) Sounds of Silence Conference.
(c) The ACLU conference.
(d) The African American rights conference.
14. What did Williams and her colleague agree the market imposed in Part IV, Chapter 12?
(a) Low prices.
(b) Low esteem in women.
(c) A conception of whites bestowing goods.
(d) High credit rates.
15. What type of guerrilla acts did Williams fantasize about in Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) Imprisonment of white women.
(b) Inseminating white women with black sperm.
(c) Death of white lawyers.
(d) Slashed police car tires.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Williams think the attitude of those she asked for help betrayed?
2. What answer was Williams given by those she asked for help?
3. What was happening inside the department store Williams entered in Part IV, Chapter 11?
4. Whose story does Williams mention in Part III, Chapter 7?
5. What does Williams say contract law implies?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)