1. How does Williams feel about being a lawyer in Part I, Chapter 1?
She hated it.
2. What type of law did Williams teach?
3. What does Williams say she was often confronted with?
Heart wrenching stories.
4. What is Williams ethnicity?
5. Whose plight did Williams sympathize with?
Women and African-American.
6. What does Williams note pervaded the country?
Crime, drugs and police brutality.
7. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
8. What story about Harvard did Williams use to illustrate the point she made in Part I, Chapter 1?
Harvard's inability to find African American female professors.
This section contains 4,159 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)