|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being, A String of Crystalline Parables, Chapter 12, On Being the Object of Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Williams say she reacted to talking with the student?
(a) She made fun of her.
(b) She disagreed with her.
(c) She turned her away.
(d) She sympathized.
2. What does Williams say she was often confronted with?
(a) Liberal students.
(c) White lawyers.
(d) Heart wrenching stories.
3. What was Williams accused of being after sending her correspondence to the faculty?
(a) An opportunist.
(b) Didactic and condescending.
4. What did the memo Williams received accuse her of doing?
(a) Being racist.
(b) Being unfair to Jewish students.
(c) Favoring African-American students.
(d) Silence the moderates in her class.
5. What does Williams criticize the increase focused on?
(a) White women.
(c) Illegal immigrants.
(d) Differences on college campuses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What generalization does Williams say should be fought?
2. What does Williams wonder whether a white man would ever do at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10?
3. What does Williams say some people asked when she told her story about the store?
4. What does Williams say was an important form of oppression?
5. What did Williams say transported white tourists to another world?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)