|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being, A String of Crystalline Parables, Chapter 12, On Being the Object of Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Williams realize during her discussion with Gabel about trust?
(a) She could not win the argument.
(b) She would never loan money.
(c) Trust was good.
(d) Her race would prevent it from happening.
2. How old was the young African-American girl Williams talks about in Part IV, Chapter 12?
3. Who does Williams say ignored her while she was attending college?
(a) Other women.
(b) White teachers.
(c) Her classmates.
(d) Competitive white men.
4. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
5. What did Williams say transported white tourists to another world?
(a) Good food.
(b) Loud music.
(c) Black people dancing in New Orleans.
(d) Large boats.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Williams relate what disturbed her to her sister?
2. Whose portrait did the Jewish student in Williams' story deface?
3. What did Williams' work concern according to Part I, Chapter II?
4. How does Williams feel about being a lawyer in Part I, Chapter 1?
5. What does Williams argue the show in the department store exhibited?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)