|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being, A String of Crystalline Parables, Chapter 12, On Being the Object of Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams argue is a function of wealth?
(a) The right to privacy.
(c) Political power.
(d) The number of slaves owned.
2. Who does Williams argue suffered under the then-current system?
(a) Rich and poor.
(c) The rich.
(d) The poor.
3. What does Williams say contract law implies?
(a) Freedom can be limited.
(b) Ownership over goods.
(c) The idea of an illusory contract.
(d) One person owning another.
4. What does Williams say she thought of the relation of the reader to a particular text was?
5. Who did Williams argue with after the first conference she went to?
(a) A law and literature professor.
(b) Her sister.
(c) A security guard.
(d) Her students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What generalization does Williams say should be fought?
2. What conference does Williams attend in Part III, Chapter 9?
3. What does Williams say she was often confronted with?
4. What does Williams say students started to send her after he spoke out?
5. How did the Jewish student deface the portrait in Williams' story?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)