|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being, A String of Crystalline Parables, Chapter 12, On Being the Object of Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Williams and her sister's story make them wonder about?
(a) Their sanity.
(b) Their power as lawyers.
(c) Their money.
(d) Their role as women.
2. What joke did Williams mother made about her being a lawyer?
(a) She was rich.
(b) She should bill her visit by the hour.
(c) She could sue her.
(d) She had it in her blood.
3. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
(a) As an excuse for war.
(b) As a concept.
(c) As political freedom.
(d) In an abstract way.
4. What does Williams say the "evidentiary rules" of legitimating turf war had whites believe?
(a) African-Americans were actively agressive.
(b) Jewish were rich.
(c) Children were always annoying.
(d) Women could multi-task.
5. What show does Williams say she watched at the end of Part IV, Chapter 12?
(b) The Dr, Phil show.
(c) The Phil Donahue show.
(d) The People's Court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams argue capitalism did to everything?
2. Where does Williams say a friend of hers was held at gunpoint?
3. What does Williams say neutral classifications do?
4. What does Williams think triggered the Judge's mental breakdown?
5. What answer did Williams give to the one who questioned her account in the book?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)