|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being, A String of Crystalline Parables, Chapter 12, On Being the Object of Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Williams relate what disturbed her to her sister?
(c) New Years.
2. What was removed from the article after the second edit?
(a) Her expression of rage
(b) Her name.
(c) The name of the store and her race.
(d) The date it happened.
3. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
(a) She made things up.
(b) She unfairly puts the salesman on trial.
(c) She was singled out for being a woman.
(d) She did not know why she was refused access.
4. Who was the "bum" referred by the children?
(a) A dog.
(b) An elderly African-American woman.
(c) An white "bag lady".
(d) An elderly African-American man.
5. Who does Williams say strongly supported Tawana Brawley?
(a) The media.
(c) The black community.
(d) White police officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say traditional jurisprudence looked for?
2. What does Williams say younger adults are socialized to have?
3. What story did Williams' sister tell her when they met?
4. What does Williams believe law is?
5. How old was Tawana Brawley in 1987?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)