|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being, A String of Crystalline Parables, Chapter 12, On Being the Object of Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
(a) As a concept.
(b) As political freedom.
(c) In an abstract way.
(d) As an excuse for war.
2. What is Williams ethnicity?
3. When did Williams relate what disturbed her to her sister?
(a) New Years.
4. What wasn't binding during slavery?
(a) Criminal proceedings.
(b) Church laws.
(c) Ownership contracts.
(d) Marriage between slaves.
5. What does Williams maintain racial construction had?
(a) Great responsibility.
(b) Great power.
(c) Little power.
(d) Low credibility.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was removed from the article after the second edit?
2. What was Williams' godmother's name?
3. What does Williams say Gable's movement overlooked?
4. What did the Tawana Brawley case come to represent according to Williams?
5. Whose story does Williams mention in Part III, Chapter 7?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)