|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being, A String of Crystalline Parables, Chapter 12, On Being the Object of Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did white men define under slavery?
(b) The law.
2. How many children does Williams say stormed out off the door as she was entering?
3. What does Williams say she was accused of being against?
(a) Separation of church and state.
(d) Academic freedom.
4. What element of the bargaining situation did Williams and Gabel discuss?
(a) The necessity for a contract.
(b) The legality of it.
(c) Trust and distrust.
(d) What things are worth.
5. What did Williams think the attitude of those she asked for help betrayed?
(a) The seriousness of racism.
(b) Their lack of commitment to the faculty.
(c) Their sexism.
(d) Their lack of respect for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the woman in Williams story shot by?
2. What does Williams say the examples she gave in Part II, Chapter 4 illustrate?
3. Who does Williams say was present in the store that refused her entry?
4. Whose story does Williams mention in Part III, Chapter 7?
5. What two ideas of freedom does Williams mention in Part II, Chapter 6?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)