|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being, A String of Crystalline Parables, Chapter 12, On Being the Object of Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What show does Williams say she watched at the end of Part IV, Chapter 12?
(b) The People's Court.
(c) The Dr, Phil show.
(d) The Phil Donahue show.
2. What does Williams argue capitalism did to things that properly had no price?
(a) Made them worthless.
(b) It turned them into items exchanged and owned.
(d) Failed to put a price on them.
3. What does Williams say happened to one of the black youth chased by police?
(a) He surrendered.
(b) He was run down and died.
(c) He was shot and killed.
(d) He was arrested.
4. What does Williams say the questions in the hypothetical cases unknowingly created?
(a) Bad lawyers.
(b) Lower grades for women.
(c) Racist students.
(d) Sexist lawyers.
5. What did Williams use her story about the store to illustrate?
(b) The 1980's depression.
(c) The privatization of space.
(d) White people's fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What procedure does Williams say the doctor advised the young girl to have?
2. What does Williams say she was accused of being against?
3. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
4. Who was the "bum" referred by the children?
5. What does Williams say racist attitudes towards African-American is?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)