|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being, A String of Crystalline Parables, Chapter 12, On Being the Object of Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Tawana Brawley case come to represent according to Williams?
(a) Family violence.
(b) Black manhood vs white justice.
(d) The plight of young women in the 1980's.
2. What answer did Williams give to the one who questioned her account in the book?
(a) She didn't give any.
(b) She always tells the truth.
(c) She gave the address of the store.
(d) She gave the police report she filed.
3. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
(a) She was singled out for being a woman.
(b) She did not know why she was refused access.
(c) She made things up.
(d) She unfairly puts the salesman on trial.
4. What conference does Williams attend in Part III, Chapter 9?
(a) The African American rights conference.
(b) The ACLU conference.
(c) Sounds of Silence Conference.
(d) The NCCA conference.
5. What type of patients were being housed in the hospital Williams' godmother died in?
(a) AIDS patients.
(b) Pregnant women.
(c) Cancer patients.
(d) Terminal patients.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the student come to see Williams?
2. What does Williams criticize the increase focused on?
3. What are the principles Williams will study in the book?
4. Whose story does Williams mention in Part III, Chapter 7?
5. Who does Williams say strongly supported Tawana Brawley?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)