|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being, A String of Crystalline Parables, Chapter 12, On Being the Object of Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams want to show about legal language?
(a) It is necessary.
(b) It protect the whites in power.
(c) It is reprehensible.
(d) It flattens complex issues.
2. What conference does Williams attend in Part III, Chapter 9?
(a) The African American rights conference.
(b) The NCCA conference.
(c) Sounds of Silence Conference.
(d) The ACLU conference.
3. What does Williams argue really happened when the slaves were "freed"?
(a) They were kept in slavery.
(b) They were unowned.
(c) They went to school.
(d) They were used as free labor.
4. What joke did Williams mother made about her being a lawyer?
(a) She could sue her.
(b) She was rich.
(c) She had it in her blood.
(d) She should bill her visit by the hour.
5. What does Williams say the faculty's questions reinforced?
(a) Ignorance of the race.
(b) Current laws.
(c) Low standards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the student that came to see Williams called an activist?
2. What story did Williams' sister tell her when they met?
3. What was Williams disturbed by at the start of Part IV, Chapter 11?
4. What does Williams say contract law implies?
5. Whose story does Williams mention in Part III, Chapter 7?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)