|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being, A String of Crystalline Parables, Chapter 12, On Being the Object of Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Williams and her colleague agree the market imposed in Part IV, Chapter 12?
(a) Low esteem in women.
(b) Low prices.
(c) A conception of whites bestowing goods.
(d) High credit rates.
2. How many principles does Williams say she will study in the book?
3. Who did Williams argue with after the first conference she went to?
(a) A law and literature professor.
(b) A security guard.
(c) Her students.
(d) Her sister.
4. How does Williams say she reacted to talking with the student?
(a) She disagreed with her.
(b) She made fun of her.
(c) She sympathized.
(d) She turned her away.
5. Who prevented Williams from entering the store in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) A white security guard.
(b) A white attendant.
(c) A black attendant.
(d) A Hispanic security guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Williams go after meeting her sister?
2. What does Williams say some people asked when she told her story about the store?
3. How old was the young African-American girl Williams talks about in Part IV, Chapter 12?
4. What does Williams note pervaded the country?
5. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)