|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being, A String of Crystalline Parables, Chapter 12, On Being the Object of Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Williams argue with after the first conference she went to?
(a) A law and literature professor.
(b) Her students.
(c) Her sister.
(d) A security guard.
2. What does Williams argue really happened when the slaves were "freed"?
(a) They were kept in slavery.
(b) They went to school.
(c) They were unowned.
(d) They were used as free labor.
3. What does Williams say the world hates?
(a) African Americans.
(b) Trouble makers.
(c) Brown spills.
4. What does Williams say neutral classifications do?
(b) Create racists.
(c) Ignore race.
(d) Ignore women.
5. What does Williams argue capitalism did to things that properly had no price?
(b) Failed to put a price on them.
(c) Made them worthless.
(d) It turned them into items exchanged and owned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Williams' godmother's name?
2. Why was the student that came to see Williams called an activist?
3. What does Williams say traditional jurisprudence looked for?
4. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
5. Who was the "bum" referred by the children?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)