|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being: A String of Crystalline Parables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the "bum" referred by the children?
(a) An elderly African-American man.
(b) A dog.
(c) An white "bag lady".
(d) An elderly African-American woman.
2. What does Williams say her paper evaluations did to many students?
(a) It made them realize they were racists.
(b) It upset them.
(c) It pleased them.
(d) It made them want to leave her class.
3. What is the second attitude Williams say was racist?
(a) Leave well enough alone.
(b) Violence is good.
(c) A prejudiced society is better than a violent society.
(d) Better safe than sorry.
4. Who does Williams say ignored her while she was attending college?
(a) White teachers.
(b) Competitive white men.
(c) Other women.
(d) Her classmates.
5. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
(a) The dean.
(b) The associate dean.
(c) A student.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Williams argue suffered under the then-current system?
2. What did Williams need help with in Part III, Chapter 9?
3. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
4. What did Williams realize during her discussion with Gabel about trust?
5. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)