|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being: A String of Crystalline Parables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say she had to fight over while being on a consumer protection board?
(a) The definition of African American.
(b) The definition of sausage.
(c) The definition of mushroom.
(d) The definition of pancake.
2. How does Williams describe as abstract law?
(a) The court system.
(c) The appeals system.
(d) Affirmative action.
3. How many principles does Williams say she will study in the book?
4. What does Williams say recent affirmative action jurisprudence rejected?
(a) The right for African-Americans to use it.
(b) The definition of prejudice.
(c) The obligation of small businesses to abide by it.
(d) The constitutionality of racial preferences.
5. What did Williams use her story about the store to illustrate?
(a) The privatization of space.
(c) White people's fear.
(d) The 1980's depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Williams say the reading group she was at read?
2. What did Williams think the attitude of those she asked for help betrayed?
3. Where did Tawana Brawley live in 1987?
4. What does Williams say the world hates?
5. What wasn't binding during slavery?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)