|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being: A String of Crystalline Parables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story about Harvard did Williams use to illustrate the point she made in Part I, Chapter 1?
(a) Her speaking with her students.
(b) Her arguing with a fellow law professor.
(c) Her receiving an award.
(d) Harvard's inability to find African American female professors.
2. What does Williams say happened to the Jewish student?
(a) He was beaten up.
(b) He was prosecuted.
(c) He was expelled.
(d) He was not penalized.
3. What does Williams say recent affirmative action jurisprudence rejected?
(a) The obligation of small businesses to abide by it.
(b) The constitutionality of racial preferences.
(c) The right for African-Americans to use it.
(d) The definition of prejudice.
4. Who does Williams say strongly supported Tawana Brawley?
(b) The media.
(c) White police officers.
(d) The black community.
5. What did Mike Tyson give Tawana Brawley?
(a) A punch.
(b) Advice on cashing in on her situation.
(c) Self defense lessons.
(d) Tickets for his fights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the goal of The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
2. What does Williams say was important for black students to do?
3. What does Williams say the world hates?
4. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
5. What does Williams say Gable's movement overlooked?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)