|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being: A String of Crystalline Parables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say her experience with the law review indicated?
(a) Neutral neutrality.
(b) Liberal neutrality.
(c) Neutrality of the old law.
(d) Racist neutrality.
2. What does Williams say some people asked when she told her story about the store?
(a) If she was just privileging her own view.
(b) Who the attendant was.
(c) When it happened.
(d) If she contacted the store.
3. What does Williams wonder whether a white man would ever do at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) Be fair to an African American.
(b) Pretend to be the reincarnation of a black man.
(c) Agree with her.
(d) Be president of the NCCA.
4. What does Williams say the "evidentiary rules" of legitimating turf war had whites believe?
(a) Children were always annoying.
(b) Jewish were rich.
(c) Women could multi-task.
(d) African-Americans were actively agressive.
5. What did Williams use her story about the store to illustrate?
(a) The privatization of space.
(c) White people's fear.
(d) The 1980's depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say she thought of the relation of the reader to a particular text was?
2. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
3. What is the goal of The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
4. What does Williams say happened to one of the black youth chased by police?
5. What answer was Williams given by those she asked for help?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)