|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being: A String of Crystalline Parables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the "bum" referred by the children?
(a) An elderly African-American man.
(b) An elderly African-American woman.
(c) A dog.
(d) An white "bag lady".
2. What does Williams say happened to black women because of professionalism?
(a) They can't be happy.
(b) They don't marry.
(c) They divorce.
(d) They whitened.
3. What does Williams say the liberal understand freedom as?
(a) Freedom of religion.
(b) Freedom of speech.
(c) The right to bear arms.
(d) Freedom of association.
4. What does Williams think triggered the Judge's mental breakdown?
(a) A killing in her courtroom.
(b) A particularly horrifying case.
(c) An overload of cases.
(d) Stress factors on black professional women.
5. How many principles does Williams say she will study in the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prevented Williams from entering the store in Part I, Chapter 3?
2. What does Williams say her experience with the law review indicated?
3. Why did the student come to see Williams?
4. What does Williams argue really happened when the slaves were "freed"?
5. What does Williams say her post as a law professor made her be?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)