|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being: A String of Crystalline Parables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say younger adults are socialized to have?
(a) Good views of woman.
(b) Good grades.
(c) Negative expectation of blacks.
(d) No will of their own.
2. What does Williams say the image of peaceful white community being interrupted by a black presence did to blacks?
(a) It made them mad.
(b) It dehumanized them.
(c) It made them sad.
(d) It made them mistrustful.
3. Who does Williams argue suffered under the then-current system?
(a) The poor.
(b) Rich and poor.
(d) The rich.
4. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
(c) Slave owner.
5. What wasn't binding during slavery?
(a) Marriage between slaves.
(b) Ownership contracts.
(c) Church laws.
(d) Criminal proceedings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say she had to fight over while being on a consumer protection board?
2. Who was the woman in Williams story shot by?
3. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
4. How does Williams describe as abstract law?
5. What does Williams say she was often confronted with?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)