|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being: A String of Crystalline Parables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say made African Americans visible?
(b) Social commitments to protect rights.
(d) Running for office.
2. What wasn't binding during slavery?
(a) Church laws.
(b) Ownership contracts.
(c) Criminal proceedings.
(d) Marriage between slaves.
3. What case does Williams use to illustrate her point in Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) Her white woman killing her husband.
(b) A pregnant woman in prison.
(c) A white man in prison.
(d) A white woman lying on the stand.
4. What does Williams argue African-Americans think will happen if they are killed by a white police officer?
(a) They would be seen as a criminal.
(b) Their family would receive a large settlement.
(c) Their family would be vilified.
(d) The officer would not suffer any consequences.
5. What did the Tawana Brawley case come to represent according to Williams?
(b) Black manhood vs white justice.
(c) The plight of young women in the 1980's.
(d) Family violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say her experience with the law review indicated?
2. What two ideas of freedom does Williams mention in Part II, Chapter 6?
3. What does Williams say added complexities to her opinions?
4. Where was Williams briefly detained?
5. What does Williams say about black communities?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)