|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being: A String of Crystalline Parables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say the "evidentiary rules" of legitimating turf war had whites believe?
(a) Jewish were rich.
(b) African-Americans were actively agressive.
(c) Women could multi-task.
(d) Children were always annoying.
2. Whose portrait did the Jewish student in Williams' story deface?
(a) George Washington's.
(b) The President's.
3. Whose arguments on affirmative action did Williams reject?
(a) California Supreme Court.
(b) The Supreme Court.
(c) The 7th Court of Appeals.
(d) The 9th Court of Appeals.
4. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
(a) She did not know why she was refused access.
(b) She made things up.
(c) She was singled out for being a woman.
(d) She unfairly puts the salesman on trial.
5. What does Williams say younger adults are socialized to have?
(a) Negative expectation of blacks.
(b) Good grades.
(c) No will of their own.
(d) Good views of woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Williams' work concern according to Part I, Chapter II?
2. What year was the student that came to Williams at the start of Part II, Chapter 5?
3. What conclusion does Williams say she drew from the incident at the store?
4. What type of guerrilla acts did Williams fantasize about in Part IV, Chapter 10?
5. What did Williams' students often do when she exposed her ideas to them?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)