|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, The Pain of Word Bondage, Chapter 8, The Pain of Word Bondage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Williams say we should avoid neutrality?
(a) Minorities need to be favorites.
(b) African-Americans need to be favorites.
(c) It embedded psychic taboos.
(d) It is not neutral.
2. What store was Williams prevented from entering?
3. What does Williams say the faculty's questions reinforced?
(a) Low standards.
(b) Ignorance of the race.
(d) Current laws.
4. What does Williams say small businesses did in New York in the mid 80's according to Part I, Chapter3?
(a) They installed buzzers at the door.
(b) They started refusing access to African-Americans.
(c) They started arming their clerks.
(d) They started hiring private security.
5. Who was the "bum" referred by the children?
(a) An elderly African-American woman.
(b) An elderly African-American man.
(c) An white "bag lady".
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Williams enter at the start of Part III, Chapter 7?
2. What did the woman Williams talked with complain about?
3. What does Williams say younger adults are socialized to have?
4. What generalization does Williams say should be fought?
5. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)