|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, The Pain of Word Bondage, Chapter 8, The Pain of Word Bondage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose plight did Williams sympathize with?
(a) Corporate excecutives.
(b) Poor farmers.
(c) Women and African-American.
2. What does Williams say racist attitudes towards African-American is?
(a) The definition of slavery.
(b) The norm in some states.
(c) A form of spirit murder.
(d) Almost gone from modern society.
3. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
(b) People's lives.
(c) Free speech.
4. What is Williams ethnicity?
5. What did Williams realize during her discussion with Gabel about trust?
(a) Her race would prevent it from happening.
(b) Trust was good.
(c) She could not win the argument.
(d) She would never loan money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Williams say we should avoid neutrality?
2. What does Williams say whites associate black with?
3. What does Williams say required enforced equality and affirmative action?
4. What does Williams say added complexities to her opinions?
5. What does Williams say small businesses did in New York in the mid 80's according to Part I, Chapter3?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)