|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, The Pain of Word Bondage, Chapter 8, The Pain of Word Bondage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams note pervaded the country?
(a) Racism and anti-Vietnam.
(b) Crime, drugs and police brutality.
(c) Affirmative action.
(d) Crime only.
2. What did the contract Williams found relate to?
(a) Her mother's house.
(b) The ownership of her great-great-grandmother.
(c) Her car.
(d) Her ancestor's slaves.
3. What organization did Peter Gabel found?
(a) Liberal Legal Studies.
(b) The ACLU.
(c) African American Legal Help.
(d) Critical Legal Studies.
4. How does Williams feel about being a lawyer in Part I, Chapter 1?
(a) She wanted it.
(b) She hated it.
(c) She regretted it.
(d) She loved it.
5. Where did Williams' interest in property law came from?
(a) Her upbringing.
(b) Her family history.
(c) Her time as a bank advisor.
(d) Her college professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say she thought of the relation of the reader to a particular text was?
2. How did the Jewish student deface the portrait in Williams' story?
3. What does Williams say the faculty's questions reinforced?
4. What does Williams say her post as a law professor made her be?
5. Who does Williams say was present in the store that refused her entry?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)