|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, The Pain of Word Bondage, Chapter 8, The Pain of Word Bondage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say the image of peaceful white community being interrupted by a black presence did to blacks?
(a) It made them sad.
(b) It made them mistrustful.
(c) It made them mad.
(d) It dehumanized them.
2. What does Williams say added complexities to her opinions?
(b) Her student's opinions.
3. What does Williams say students started to send her after he spoke out?
(a) Complaint letters.
(b) Questions they saw as prejudiced.
(c) Their grades.
(d) Their books.
4. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
(a) A consumer rights magazine.
(b) A Law Review.
(c) A church bulletin.
(d) An African-American journal.
5. What does Williams say the "evidentiary rules" of legitimating turf war had whites believe?
(a) Women could multi-task.
(b) Jewish were rich.
(c) African-Americans were actively agressive.
(d) Children were always annoying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say recent affirmative action jurisprudence rejected?
2. What does Williams want to show about legal language?
3. What does Williams say whites associate black with?
4. What does Williams argue capitalism turned the public into?
5. What did Williams' students often do when she exposed her ideas to them?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)