|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, The Pain of Word Bondage, Chapter 8, The Pain of Word Bondage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say she noticed a year after her entering the same building?
(a) The same "bum."
(b) The same children.
(c) A new security pad at the entrance.
(d) A security guard.
2. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
(a) A consumer rights magazine.
(b) An African-American journal.
(c) A Law Review.
(d) A church bulletin.
3. What does Williams argue affirmative action should be protected as?
4. Who was the "bum" referred by the children?
(a) An elderly African-American woman.
(b) An elderly African-American man.
(c) An white "bag lady".
(d) A dog.
5. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
(a) Cheap labor.
(b) Crime fighting.
(c) Higher energy costs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Williams realize during her discussion with Gabel about trust?
2. What does Williams say about how she was treated during her different social functions?
3. How many times was the woman mentioned in Williams' story shot?
4. Why did the student come to see Williams?
5. Who does Williams say was present in the store that refused her entry?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)