|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, The Pain of Word Bondage, Chapter 8, The Pain of Word Bondage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second attitude Williams say was racist?
(a) Better safe than sorry.
(b) Violence is good.
(c) Leave well enough alone.
(d) A prejudiced society is better than a violent society.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Williams say are constructed?
(a) Bad social concepts.
(b) Social identities and concepts.
3. What does Williams say was the first racist attitude?
(a) Equality for all.
(b) The more the less.
(c) Better safe than sorry.
(d) The more the merrier.
4. What does Williams say her experience with the law review indicated?
(a) Neutrality of the old law.
(b) Liberal neutrality.
(c) Neutral neutrality.
(d) Racist neutrality.
5. What does Williams say she had to fight over while being on a consumer protection board?
(a) The definition of mushroom.
(b) The definition of African American.
(c) The definition of pancake.
(d) The definition of sausage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say she was accused of being against?
2. What did Williams enter at the start of Part III, Chapter 7?
3. What does Williams claim she bridged in The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
4. What does Williams say the image of peaceful white community being interrupted by a black presence did to blacks?
5. What is Williams ethnicity?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)