|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, The Pain of Word Bondage, Chapter 8, The Pain of Word Bondage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
(a) Slave owner.
2. What does Williams say happened to the Jewish student?
(a) He was not penalized.
(b) He was beaten up.
(c) He was prosecuted.
(d) He was expelled.
3. What was Williams accused of being after sending her correspondence to the faculty?
(a) An opportunist.
(b) Didactic and condescending.
4. What does Williams say did not work as a political strategy for blacks?
(a) Appealing to the courts.
(b) Demanding results.
(c) Running for office.
(d) Describing needs.
5. How many principles does Williams say she will study in the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Williams briefly detained?
2. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
3. What does Williams claim she bridged in The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
4. What was removed from the article Williams wrote after the first edit?
5. What does Williams say some people claimed when she told her story about the store?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)