|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, The Pain of Word Bondage, Chapter 8, The Pain of Word Bondage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
2. How many principles does Williams say she will study in the book?
3. What does Williams say her post as a law professor made her be?
(a) Aware of racism.
(b) Highly visible.
4. What did Williams use her story about the store to illustrate?
(a) The 1980's depression.
(c) White people's fear.
(d) The privatization of space.
5. What does Williams say about how she was treated during her different social functions?
(a) As a slave.
(b) As a woman.
(c) As a white man.
(d) Both as black and non-black.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the memo Williams received accuse her of doing?
2. What does Williams say neutral classifications do?
3. What story about Harvard did Williams use to illustrate the point she made in Part I, Chapter 1?
4. What does Williams want to show about legal language?
5. What does Williams say hypothetical cases were?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)