|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, The Pain of Word Bondage, Chapter 8, The Pain of Word Bondage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
(a) Cheap labor.
(c) Higher energy costs.
(d) Crime fighting.
2. What does Williams say was an important form of oppression?
(a) Black only neighborhoods.
(b) The image of the black criminal.
(c) The police.
3. Whose story does Williams mention in Part III, Chapter 7?
(a) Martha Eleor.
(b) Eleanor Bumpurs.
(c) Martha Stanford.
(d) Sophie Freeman.
4. What does Williams argue capitalism turned the public into?
(a) Inactive people.
(c) The private.
(d) Credit card holder.
5. How much money did Gabel lend a sub-lessor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two ideas of freedom does Williams mention in Part II, Chapter 6?
2. How did the Jewish student deface the portrait in Williams' story?
3. Why does Williams say she did not have the same relationship to law than Gabel who was a white male?
4. What did Williams enter at the start of Part III, Chapter 7?
5. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)