|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, The Pain of Word Bondage, Chapter 8, The Pain of Word Bondage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What generalization does Williams say should be fought?
(a) Black as perfect.
(b) Black as bad and white as good.
(c) White as racist.
(d) Black as good and white as bad.
2. What answer did Williams give to the one who questioned her account in the book?
(a) She always tells the truth.
(b) She didn't give any.
(c) She gave the police report she filed.
(d) She gave the address of the store.
3. What does Williams argue capitalism turned the public into?
(a) The private.
(b) Credit card holder.
(c) Inactive people.
4. What does Williams say happened to the Jewish student?
(a) He was expelled.
(b) He was beaten up.
(c) He was prosecuted.
(d) He was not penalized.
5. What does Williams say some people asked when she told her story about the store?
(a) If she contacted the store.
(b) If she was just privileging her own view.
(c) When it happened.
(d) Who the attendant was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say the image of peaceful white community being interrupted by a black presence did to blacks?
2. What did white men define under slavery?
3. Who called the student that came to see Williams an "activist"?
4. Where does Williams say a friend of hers was held at gunpoint?
5. Why does Williams say she did not have the same relationship to law than Gabel who was a white male?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)