|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, The Pain of Word Bondage, Chapter 8, The Pain of Word Bondage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
(a) She was singled out for being a woman.
(b) She made things up.
(c) She unfairly puts the salesman on trial.
(d) She did not know why she was refused access.
2. What generalization does Williams say should be fought?
(a) Black as good and white as bad.
(b) Black as perfect.
(c) Black as bad and white as good.
(d) White as racist.
3. What are the principles Williams will study in the book?
(a) Law and order.
(b) Racism and freedom.
(c) Freedom and universality of the law.
(d) Autonomy, community and order.
4. What does Williams say the questions in the hypothetical cases unknowingly created?
(a) Racist students.
(b) Sexist lawyers.
(c) Lower grades for women.
(d) Bad lawyers.
5. What does Williams argue capitalism turned the public into?
(a) Inactive people.
(b) Credit card holder.
(c) The private.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Williams say a friend of hers was held at gunpoint?
2. What did Williams' students often do when she exposed her ideas to them?
3. Why does Williams say she did not have the same relationship to law than Gabel who was a white male?
4. Who was Williams' friend held at gunpoint by?
5. What did Williams realize during her discussion with Gabel about trust?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)