|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, The Pain of Word Bondage, Chapter 8, The Pain of Word Bondage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams recommend the faculty do in her correspondence?
(a) Have ongoing exam discussion.
(b) Setup a racial bias council.
(c) Have questions vetted by her only.
(d) Give students her questions only.
2. What does Williams want to show about legal language?
(a) It protect the whites in power.
(b) It is necessary.
(c) It is reprehensible.
(d) It flattens complex issues.
3. How does Williams describe as abstract law?
(a) The court system.
(b) The appeals system.
(d) Affirmative action.
4. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
(a) She was singled out for being a woman.
(b) She made things up.
(c) She unfairly puts the salesman on trial.
(d) She did not know why she was refused access.
5. What did Gabel's movement emphasize that rights are?
(a) Guaranteed by the Law.
(b) Unstable and indeterminate.
(c) Ignored by police officers.
(d) Made for white people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prevented Williams from entering the store in Part I, Chapter 3?
2. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
3. What does Williams say added complexities to her opinions?
4. What does Williams say the liberal understand freedom as?
5. What was Williams accused of being after sending her correspondence to the faculty?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)