|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, The Pain of Word Bondage, Chapter 8, The Pain of Word Bondage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What generalization does Williams say should be fought?
(a) Black as good and white as bad.
(b) Black as bad and white as good.
(c) Black as perfect.
(d) White as racist.
2. Why does Williams say she did not have the same relationship to law than Gabel who was a white male?
(a) She was a woman.
(b) She had a good attorney.
(c) She was a "dangerous" black woman.
(d) She was a lawyer.
3. What types of rights does Williams argue are the only kind present in the Constitution?
(a) Positive rights.
(b) Liberty rights.
(c) Negative rights.
(d) Freedom rights.
4. What did Williams' students often do when she exposed her ideas to them?
(a) They cried.
(b) They listen.
(c) They left the room.
(d) Became angry.
5. Whose story does Williams mention in Part III, Chapter 7?
(a) Eleanor Bumpurs.
(b) Sophie Freeman.
(c) Martha Eleor.
(d) Martha Stanford.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was removed from the article after the second edit?
2. What does Williams say happened to the Jewish student?
3. Where did Williams' interest in property law came from?
4. Who does Williams say was present in the store that refused her entry?
5. What was removed from the article Williams wrote after the first edit?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)