|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, The Pain of Word Bondage, Chapter 8, The Pain of Word Bondage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What store was Williams prevented from entering?
2. What does Williams recommend the faculty do in her correspondence?
(a) Give students her questions only.
(b) Have ongoing exam discussion.
(c) Setup a racial bias council.
(d) Have questions vetted by her only.
3. What organization did Peter Gabel found?
(a) African American Legal Help.
(b) Liberal Legal Studies.
(c) The ACLU.
(d) Critical Legal Studies.
4. What does Williams say her experience with the law review indicated?
(a) Neutrality of the old law.
(b) Neutral neutrality.
(c) Liberal neutrality.
(d) Racist neutrality.
5. What element of the bargaining situation did Williams and Gabel discuss?
(a) The necessity for a contract.
(b) The legality of it.
(c) Trust and distrust.
(d) What things are worth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say the liberal understand freedom as?
2. What was Williams accused of being after sending her correspondence to the faculty?
3. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
4. What does Williams say her post as a law professor made her be?
5. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)