|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, The Pain of Word Bondage, Chapter 8, The Pain of Word Bondage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams criticize the increase focused on?
(a) Differences on college campuses.
(c) Illegal immigrants.
(d) White women.
2. What does Williams call the friend that suggested that her personal style of writing was too much for people?
3. What does Williams say some people asked when she told her story about the store?
(a) When it happened.
(b) Who the attendant was.
(c) If she was just privileging her own view.
(d) If she contacted the store.
4. What does Williams say the image of peaceful white community being interrupted by a black presence did to blacks?
(a) It made them mad.
(b) It made them mistrustful.
(c) It made them sad.
(d) It dehumanized them.
5. What did the contract Williams found relate to?
(a) The ownership of her great-great-grandmother.
(b) Her ancestor's slaves.
(c) Her car.
(d) Her mother's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Williams say ignored her while she was attending college?
2. What does Williams say she thought of the relation of the reader to a particular text was?
3. What does Williams say she had to fight over while being on a consumer protection board?
4. What does Williams say she was accused of being against?
5. How many children does Williams say stormed out off the door as she was entering?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)