|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, The Pain of Word Bondage, Chapter 8, The Pain of Word Bondage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
2. What does Williams say the questions in the hypothetical cases unknowingly created?
(a) Lower grades for women.
(b) Racist students.
(c) Sexist lawyers.
(d) Bad lawyers.
3. What did Williams use her story about the store to illustrate?
(b) The 1980's depression.
(c) The privatization of space.
(d) White people's fear.
4. How does Williams say she reacted to talking with the student?
(a) She sympathized.
(b) She made fun of her.
(c) She disagreed with her.
(d) She turned her away.
5. What does Williams believe law is?
(a) Used to oppress African-Americans.
(c) Necessary for society.
(d) Made by white people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
2. How does Williams describe as abstract law?
3. What does Williams say she had to fight over while being on a consumer protection board?
4. What does Williams say recent affirmative action jurisprudence rejected?
5. What does Williams say made African Americans visible?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)