|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, The Pain of Word Bondage, Chapter 8, The Pain of Word Bondage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say her post as a law professor made her be?
(c) Aware of racism.
(d) Highly visible.
2. What does Williams argue really happened when the slaves were "freed"?
(a) They were kept in slavery.
(b) They went to school.
(c) They were unowned.
(d) They were used as free labor.
3. Who was the "bum" referred by the children?
(a) An elderly African-American man.
(b) An white "bag lady".
(c) An elderly African-American woman.
(d) A dog.
4. What does Williams call the friend that suggested that her personal style of writing was too much for people?
5. What does Williams say made African Americans visible?
(a) Social commitments to protect rights.
(d) Running for office.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Williams describe as abstract law?
2. Who prevented Williams from entering the store in Part I, Chapter 3?
3. What is the second attitude Williams say was racist?
4. What generalization does Williams say should be fought?
5. What does Williams say Gable's movement overlooked?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)