|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, The Pain of Word Bondage, Chapter 8, The Pain of Word Bondage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say traditional jurisprudence looked for?
(a) A relative reference.
(b) Uncompromising point of reference.
(c) The maximum sentence.
(d) Particulars to a specific case.
2. What does Williams say some people claimed when she told her story about the store?
(a) They had similar stories.
(b) She didn't ask why she was refused access.
(c) She didn't present another opinion.
(d) She didn't ask the man's name.
3. What common conception does Williams target in her book?
(a) Law is favorable to rich people.
(b) Law is useless.
(c) Laws are written by lawyers.
(d) Law is objective.
4. How does Williams say she reacted to talking with the student?
(a) She disagreed with her.
(b) She made fun of her.
(c) She turned her away.
(d) She sympathized.
5. What university did Williams attend according to Part II, Chapter 4?
(a) Harvard Law.
(b) Boston College Law.
(c) Yale Law.
(d) University of Wisconsin Law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Williams enter at the start of Part III, Chapter 7?
2. What does Williams say she received from her students?
3. What was Williams accused of being after sending her correspondence to the faculty?
4. What does Williams say did not work as a political strategy for blacks?
5. Who does Williams say ignored her while she was attending college?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)