|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, The Pain of Word Bondage, Chapter 8, The Pain of Word Bondage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What policy does Williams say she supported?
(a) 14th amendment.
(b) Panthers movement.
(c) Affirmative action.
(d) 1st amendment.
2. What type of law did Williams teach?
(a) Commercial law.
(b) Family law.
(c) Injury law.
(d) Criminal law.
3. Who was the woman in Williams story shot by?
(a) A escaped felon.
(b) An African American.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A drug addict.
4. What does Williams say traditional jurisprudence looked for?
(a) Particulars to a specific case.
(b) Uncompromising point of reference.
(c) A relative reference.
(d) The maximum sentence.
5. What does Williams say recent affirmative action jurisprudence rejected?
(a) The right for African-Americans to use it.
(b) The constitutionality of racial preferences.
(c) The obligation of small businesses to abide by it.
(d) The definition of prejudice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say she was often confronted with?
2. What does Williams believe law is?
3. What does Williams say the examples she gave in Part II, Chapter 4 illustrate?
4. What wasn't binding during slavery?
5. What is Williams ethnicity?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)