|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, The Pain of Word Bondage, Chapter 8, The Pain of Word Bondage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say was the first racist attitude?
(a) The more the less.
(b) The more the merrier.
(c) Equality for all.
(d) Better safe than sorry.
2. What does Williams say students started to send her after he spoke out?
(a) Their grades.
(b) Their books.
(c) Complaint letters.
(d) Questions they saw as prejudiced.
3. What does Williams claim she bridged in The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
(a) Bridge between racism and race.
(b) Bridge between jurisprudence and virtue.
(c) Bridge between theory and practice.
(d) Bridge between law and judges.
4. What does Williams say her experience with the law review indicated?
(a) Racist neutrality.
(b) Neutral neutrality.
(c) Liberal neutrality.
(d) Neutrality of the old law.
5. What did Williams' students often do when she exposed her ideas to them?
(a) Became angry.
(b) They cried.
(c) They left the room.
(d) They listen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams argue African-Americans think will happen if they are killed by a white police officer?
2. What does Williams say the liberal understand freedom as?
3. What does Williams say she was accused of being against?
4. What does Williams argue replaced direct oppression of African-Americans?
5. What does Williams argue is a function of wealth?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)