|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, The Pain of Word Bondage, Chapter 8, The Pain of Word Bondage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Williams say a friend of hers was held at gunpoint?
(a) A police station.
(b) A white restaurant.
(c) The White House.
(d) The courthouse.
2. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
(b) Crime fighting.
(c) Cheap labor.
(d) Higher energy costs.
3. How many times was the woman mentioned in Williams' story shot?
(a) Three times.
(c) Four times.
4. What does Williams say students started to send her after he spoke out?
(a) Their books.
(b) Their grades.
(c) Questions they saw as prejudiced.
(d) Complaint letters.
5. Who was Williams' friend held at gunpoint by?
(a) A police officer.
(b) Swat team.
(c) A mugger.
(d) A white woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say Gable's movement overlooked?
2. What did Williams realize during her discussion with Gabel about trust?
3. Why does Williams say we should avoid neutrality?
4. What does Williams say she was often confronted with?
5. What was removed from the article Williams wrote after the first edit?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)