|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, The Pain of Word Bondage, Chapter 8, The Pain of Word Bondage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams send to the faculty after receiving communication from students?
(a) A memo.
(b) An open letter.
(c) A law suit.
(d) A formal complaint.
2. Whose story does Williams mention in Part III, Chapter 7?
(a) Eleanor Bumpurs.
(b) Sophie Freeman.
(c) Martha Eleor.
(d) Martha Stanford.
3. What does Williams argue affirmative action should be protected as?
4. What conclusion does Williams say she drew from the incident at the store?
(a) Women were discriminated against.
(b) Buzzers were useless.
(c) Guns should be controlled.
(d) Racism was permissible.
5. What does Williams say some people asked when she told her story about the store?
(a) If she was just privileging her own view.
(b) If she contacted the store.
(c) Who the attendant was.
(d) When it happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Williams' students often do when she exposed her ideas to them?
2. What does Williams say added complexities to her opinions?
3. What does Williams say she received from her students?
4. What does Williams say about how she was treated during her different social functions?
5. What did the memo Williams received accuse her of doing?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)