|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, The Pain of Word Bondage, Chapter 8, The Pain of Word Bondage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
(a) In an abstract way.
(b) As an excuse for war.
(c) As a concept.
(d) As political freedom.
2. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
(a) The associate dean.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A student.
(d) The dean.
3. What does Williams say whites associate black with?
(a) Bad neighborhoods.
4. What types of rights does Williams argue are the only kind present in the Constitution?
(a) Liberty rights.
(b) Freedom rights.
(c) Positive rights.
(d) Negative rights.
5. What does Williams argue is a function of wealth?
(a) The right to privacy.
(b) Political power.
(c) The number of slaves owned.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Williams feel about being a lawyer in Part I, Chapter 1?
2. What does Williams say was an important form of oppression?
3. Why does Williams say we should avoid neutrality?
4. What does Williams recommend the faculty do in her correspondence?
5. What did the woman Williams talked with complain about?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)