|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 6, The Obliging Shell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose arguments on affirmative action did Williams reject?
(a) California Supreme Court.
(b) The Supreme Court.
(c) The 7th Court of Appeals.
(d) The 9th Court of Appeals.
2. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
(b) Higher energy costs.
(c) Crime fighting.
(d) Cheap labor.
3. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
4. What does Williams say she disagreed about racial preference being?
(b) A slippery slope.
(c) A thing of the past.
5. What generalization does Williams say should be fought?
(a) Black as perfect.
(b) Black as good and white as bad.
(c) Black as bad and white as good.
(d) White as racist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was removed from the article after the second edit?
2. What is the goal of The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
3. What does Williams say about black communities?
4. What does Williams say neutral classifications do?
5. What does Williams say the image of peaceful white community being interrupted by a black presence did to blacks?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)