|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 6, The Obliging Shell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams claim she bridged in The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
(a) Bridge between jurisprudence and virtue.
(b) Bridge between racism and race.
(c) Bridge between theory and practice.
(d) Bridge between law and judges.
2. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
(a) An African-American journal.
(b) A consumer rights magazine.
(c) A church bulletin.
(d) A Law Review.
3. What does Williams say the liberal understand freedom as?
(a) Freedom of religion.
(b) The right to bear arms.
(c) Freedom of speech.
(d) Freedom of association.
4. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
5. What does Williams note pervaded the country?
(a) Crime, drugs and police brutality.
(b) Crime only.
(c) Racism and anti-Vietnam.
(d) Affirmative action.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams maintain racial construction had?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Williams say are constructed?
3. What does Williams say about black communities?
4. What policy does Williams say she supported?
5. Whose plight did Williams sympathize with?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)