|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 6, The Obliging Shell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What store was Williams prevented from entering?
2. What does Williams want to show about legal language?
(a) It protect the whites in power.
(b) It flattens complex issues.
(c) It is reprehensible.
(d) It is necessary.
3. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
(a) It is reversed today.
(b) It disappeared in 1976.
(c) It is still present in some countries.
(d) It still exists today.
4. Who does Williams argue suffered under the then-current system?
(b) The poor.
(c) Rich and poor.
(d) The rich.
5. What does Williams say the liberal understand freedom as?
(a) Freedom of speech.
(b) Freedom of religion.
(c) Freedom of association.
(d) The right to bear arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Williams accused of being after sending her correspondence to the faculty?
2. What does Williams claim she bridged in The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
3. What does Williams say the "evidentiary rules" of legitimating turf war had whites believe?
4. What does Williams say she received from her students?
5. What university did Williams attend according to Part II, Chapter 4?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)