|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 6, The Obliging Shell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Williams say are constructed?
(a) Bad social concepts.
(d) Social identities and concepts.
2. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
(a) As political freedom.
(b) As a concept.
(c) In an abstract way.
(d) As an excuse for war.
3. What university did Williams attend according to Part II, Chapter 4?
(a) Boston College Law.
(b) Yale Law.
(c) Harvard Law.
(d) University of Wisconsin Law.
4. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
5. What does Williams say required enforced equality and affirmative action?
(a) A race neutral society.
(b) Democratic freedom.
(d) A lawful world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams call the friend that suggested that her personal style of writing was too much for people?
2. What answer did Williams give to the one who questioned her account in the book?
3. What does Williams criticize the increase focused on?
4. What does Williams argue really happened when the slaves were "freed"?
5. What does Williams say racist attitudes towards African-American is?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)