|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 6, The Obliging Shell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams send to the faculty after receiving communication from students?
(a) An open letter.
(b) A law suit.
(c) A memo.
(d) A formal complaint.
2. What is the goal of The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
(a) To empower African-Americans.
(b) To contrast racism and law.
(c) Take a critical theory approach to rights.
(d) To expose racism.
3. What does Williams say required enforced equality and affirmative action?
(a) A lawful world.
(b) Democratic freedom.
(c) A race neutral society.
4. What does Williams say younger adults are socialized to have?
(a) Negative expectation of blacks.
(b) Good grades.
(c) Good views of woman.
(d) No will of their own.
5. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
2. What does Williams say the "evidentiary rules" of legitimating turf war had whites believe?
3. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
4. What is Williams ethnicity?
5. What two ideas of freedom does Williams mention in Part II, Chapter 6?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)