|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 6, The Obliging Shell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say the faculty's questions reinforced?
(a) Current laws.
(b) Ignorance of the race.
(d) Low standards.
2. What does Williams argue capitalism did to everything?
(a) Commodified it.
(b) Exported it to China.
(c) Spoiled it.
(d) Made is cheat.
3. What does Williams argue affirmative action should be protected as?
4. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
(a) Free speech.
(c) People's lives.
5. How does Williams feel about being a lawyer in Part I, Chapter 1?
(a) She regretted it.
(b) She hated it.
(c) She wanted it.
(d) She loved it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say the questions in the hypothetical cases unknowingly created?
2. What common conception does Williams target in her book?
3. What does Williams say some people asked when she told her story about the store?
4. What does Williams say was the first racist attitude?
5. What does Williams say students started to send her after he spoke out?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)