|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 6, The Obliging Shell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What store was Williams prevented from entering?
2. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
(a) As an excuse for war.
(b) As a concept.
(c) In an abstract way.
(d) As political freedom.
3. What does Williams say her paper evaluations did to many students?
(a) It upset them.
(b) It made them realize they were racists.
(c) It made them want to leave her class.
(d) It pleased them.
4. What does Williams argue capitalism did to everything?
(a) Exported it to China.
(b) Made is cheat.
(c) Commodified it.
(d) Spoiled it.
5. What does Williams say she had to fight over while being on a consumer protection board?
(a) The definition of pancake.
(b) The definition of mushroom.
(c) The definition of sausage.
(d) The definition of African American.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the principles Williams will study in the book?
2. Who was Williams' friend held at gunpoint by?
3. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
4. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
5. What does Williams say the image of peaceful white community being interrupted by a black presence did to blacks?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)