|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 6, The Obliging Shell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams argue replaced direct oppression of African-Americans?
(a) Their arrest.
(b) Their freedom.
(c) Their omission.
(d) Their enslavement.
2. What does Williams say neutral classifications do?
(a) Ignore women.
(b) Create racists.
(d) Ignore race.
3. What does Williams say the faculty's questions reinforced?
(a) Current laws.
(b) Ignorance of the race.
(d) Low standards.
4. What does Williams say racist attitudes towards African-American is?
(a) A form of spirit murder.
(b) The norm in some states.
(c) The definition of slavery.
(d) Almost gone from modern society.
5. What common conception does Williams target in her book?
(a) Laws are written by lawyers.
(b) Law is useless.
(c) Law is objective.
(d) Law is favorable to rich people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams argue affirmative action should be protected as?
2. What does Williams say younger adults are socialized to have?
3. What does Williams say some people asked when she told her story about the store?
4. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
5. What does Williams say she was accused of being against?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)