|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 6, The Obliging Shell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams argue is a function of wealth?
(a) Political power.
(b) The right to privacy.
(c) The number of slaves owned.
2. What does Williams say the image of peaceful white community being interrupted by a black presence did to blacks?
(a) It made them mad.
(b) It made them mistrustful.
(c) It made them sad.
(d) It dehumanized them.
3. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
4. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
(a) Social control.
(b) Social acceptance.
(c) Social parity.
(d) Social racism.
5. What does Williams say some people claimed when she told her story about the store?
(a) She didn't ask the man's name.
(b) She didn't ask why she was refused access.
(c) They had similar stories.
(d) She didn't present another opinion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What store was Williams prevented from entering?
2. Why does Williams say we should avoid neutrality?
3. What two ideas of freedom does Williams mention in Part II, Chapter 6?
4. What does Williams note pervaded the country?
5. What does Williams say small businesses did in New York in the mid 80's according to Part I, Chapter3?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)