|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 6, The Obliging Shell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say hypothetical cases were?
(b) Instructional mirrors.
2. What does Williams note pervaded the country?
(a) Crime only.
(b) Affirmative action.
(c) Racism and anti-Vietnam.
(d) Crime, drugs and police brutality.
3. What does Williams say the image of peaceful white community being interrupted by a black presence did to blacks?
(a) It made them mistrustful.
(b) It dehumanized them.
(c) It made them mad.
(d) It made them sad.
4. What does Williams say she thought of the relation of the reader to a particular text was?
5. What does Williams say was the first racist attitude?
(a) Better safe than sorry.
(b) The more the less.
(c) The more the merrier.
(d) Equality for all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say her paper evaluations did to many students?
2. What story about Harvard did Williams use to illustrate the point she made in Part I, Chapter 1?
3. Why was the student that came to see Williams called an activist?
4. What does Williams say she was often confronted with?
5. What does Williams argue is a function of wealth?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)