|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 6, The Obliging Shell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
(a) Crime fighting.
(b) Cheap labor.
(c) Higher energy costs.
2. What does Williams say required enforced equality and affirmative action?
(a) A race neutral society.
(c) A lawful world.
(d) Democratic freedom.
3. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
(a) A Law Review.
(b) An African-American journal.
(c) A church bulletin.
(d) A consumer rights magazine.
4. Who prevented Williams from entering the store in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) A black attendant.
(b) A white security guard.
(c) A Hispanic security guard.
(d) A white attendant.
5. What does Williams say younger adults are socialized to have?
(a) Good grades.
(b) Good views of woman.
(c) Negative expectation of blacks.
(d) No will of their own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conclusion does Williams say she drew from the incident at the store?
2. What store was Williams prevented from entering?
3. What is the goal of The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
4. What does Williams say the faculty's questions reinforced?
5. How many principles does Williams say she will study in the book?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)