|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 6, The Obliging Shell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
(d) Slave owner.
2. What does Williams say was important for black students to do?
(a) Vote and attend college.
(b) Seek political offices.
(c) Not commit crimes.
(d) Demand to be treated equally.
3. What does Williams say the "evidentiary rules" of legitimating turf war had whites believe?
(a) Children were always annoying.
(b) African-Americans were actively agressive.
(c) Jewish were rich.
(d) Women could multi-task.
4. What does Williams recommend the faculty do in her correspondence?
(a) Give students her questions only.
(b) Have ongoing exam discussion.
(c) Have questions vetted by her only.
(d) Setup a racial bias council.
5. What does Williams say the questions in the hypothetical cases unknowingly created?
(a) Racist students.
(b) Bad lawyers.
(c) Lower grades for women.
(d) Sexist lawyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say neutral classifications do?
2. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
3. What does Williams say her paper evaluations did to many students?
4. What does Williams claim she bridged in The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
5. What does Williams want to show about legal language?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)