|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 6, The Obliging Shell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
(a) As a concept.
(b) In an abstract way.
(c) As an excuse for war.
(d) As political freedom.
2. What does Williams say the liberal understand freedom as?
(a) The right to bear arms.
(b) Freedom of religion.
(c) Freedom of speech.
(d) Freedom of association.
3. What does Williams say was important for black students to do?
(a) Vote and attend college.
(b) Not commit crimes.
(c) Demand to be treated equally.
(d) Seek political offices.
4. How does Williams feel about being a lawyer in Part I, Chapter 1?
(a) She regretted it.
(b) She hated it.
(c) She loved it.
(d) She wanted it.
5. Why was the student that came to see Williams called an activist?
(a) She complained that Macbeth was racist.
(b) She complained that Othello was racist.
(c) She complained white students were racist.
(d) She complained that the bill of rights was racist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say she was accused of being against?
2. What does Williams believe law is?
3. What is the goal of The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
4. What does Williams say added complexities to her opinions?
5. What university did Williams attend according to Part II, Chapter 4?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)