|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 6, The Obliging Shell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who questions Williams opinions at the start of Part II, Chapter 6?
(a) A student.
(b) A student's parent.
(c) A teacher.
(d) The dean.
2. What does Williams argue capitalism turned the public into?
(a) Credit card holder.
(c) Inactive people.
(d) The private.
3. What does Williams say her paper evaluations did to many students?
(a) It made them want to leave her class.
(b) It pleased them.
(c) It upset them.
(d) It made them realize they were racists.
4. Whose portrait did the Jewish student in Williams' story deface?
(a) George Washington's.
(c) The President's.
5. What does Williams argue replaced direct oppression of African-Americans?
(a) Their arrest.
(b) Their omission.
(c) Their enslavement.
(d) Their freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say she was accused of being against?
2. What does Williams argue capitalism did to things that properly had no price?
3. What does Williams say whites associate black with?
4. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
5. What does Williams say about black communities?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)