|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 6, The Obliging Shell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Williams' interest in property law came from?
(a) Her family history.
(b) Her college professor.
(c) Her upbringing.
(d) Her time as a bank advisor.
2. What was removed from the article after the second edit?
(a) Her expression of rage
(b) The date it happened.
(c) Her name.
(d) The name of the store and her race.
3. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
(a) The dean.
(b) The associate dean.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A student.
4. What does Williams say the "evidentiary rules" of legitimating turf war had whites believe?
(a) Women could multi-task.
(b) African-Americans were actively agressive.
(c) Children were always annoying.
(d) Jewish were rich.
5. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams argue capitalism did to things that properly had no price?
2. Whose plight did Williams sympathize with?
3. Why does Williams say we should avoid neutrality?
4. Who does Williams say was present in the store that refused her entry?
5. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)