|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 6, The Obliging Shell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say she received from her students?
(a) Terrible evaluations.
(c) Letters of recommendation.
2. What answer did Williams give to the one who questioned her account in the book?
(a) She gave the police report she filed.
(b) She gave the address of the store.
(c) She always tells the truth.
(d) She didn't give any.
3. What year was the student that came to Williams at the start of Part II, Chapter 5?
(a) Second year.
(b) Fourth year.
(c) Third year.
(d) First year.
4. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
(a) As a concept.
(b) As an excuse for war.
(c) In an abstract way.
(d) As political freedom.
5. Whose arguments on affirmative action did Williams reject?
(a) The 7th Court of Appeals.
(b) The Supreme Court.
(c) California Supreme Court.
(d) The 9th Court of Appeals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prevented Williams from entering the store in Part I, Chapter 3?
2. What does Williams say traditional jurisprudence looked for?
3. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
4. How did the Jewish student deface the portrait in Williams' story?
5. What did Williams' work concern according to Part I, Chapter II?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)