|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 6, The Obliging Shell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
(b) Free speech.
(d) People's lives.
2. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
(a) It is reversed today.
(b) It still exists today.
(c) It is still present in some countries.
(d) It disappeared in 1976.
3. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
(a) Social acceptance.
(b) Social parity.
(c) Social racism.
(d) Social control.
4. What does Williams say small businesses did in New York in the mid 80's according to Part I, Chapter3?
(a) They started arming their clerks.
(b) They installed buzzers at the door.
(c) They started refusing access to African-Americans.
(d) They started hiring private security.
5. What does Williams recommend the faculty do in her correspondence?
(a) Setup a racial bias council.
(b) Have ongoing exam discussion.
(c) Have questions vetted by her only.
(d) Give students her questions only.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams note pervaded the country?
2. What is the second attitude Williams say was racist?
3. What did Williams' students often do when she exposed her ideas to them?
4. How did the Jewish student deface the portrait in Williams' story?
5. What does Williams claim she bridged in The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)