|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 6, The Obliging Shell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say small businesses did in New York in the mid 80's according to Part I, Chapter3?
(a) They started refusing access to African-Americans.
(b) They installed buzzers at the door.
(c) They started hiring private security.
(d) They started arming their clerks.
2. What does Williams argue really happened when the slaves were "freed"?
(a) They went to school.
(b) They were used as free labor.
(c) They were unowned.
(d) They were kept in slavery.
3. What does Williams maintain racial construction had?
(a) Low credibility.
(b) Great responsibility.
(c) Great power.
(d) Little power.
4. What does Williams say the liberal understand freedom as?
(a) Freedom of speech.
(b) Freedom of religion.
(c) Freedom of association.
(d) The right to bear arms.
5. What does Williams say younger adults are socialized to have?
(a) Good grades.
(b) Negative expectation of blacks.
(c) Good views of woman.
(d) No will of their own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
2. Who called the student that came to see Williams an "activist"?
3. Who does Williams say ignored her while she was attending college?
4. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
5. What does Williams say recent affirmative action jurisprudence rejected?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)