|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 5, Crimes Without Passion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
(b) Free speech.
(c) People's lives.
2. What was Williams accused of being after sending her correspondence to the faculty?
(c) Didactic and condescending.
(d) An opportunist.
3. What is the second attitude Williams say was racist?
(a) Better safe than sorry.
(b) A prejudiced society is better than a violent society.
(c) Leave well enough alone.
(d) Violence is good.
4. What does Williams say she received from her students?
(a) Letters of recommendation.
(c) Terrible evaluations.
5. What does Williams recommend the faculty do in her correspondence?
(a) Have ongoing exam discussion.
(b) Give students her questions only.
(c) Setup a racial bias council.
(d) Have questions vetted by her only.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the student come to see Williams?
2. What does Williams say the "evidentiary rules" of legitimating turf war had whites believe?
3. What does Williams say some people asked when she told her story about the store?
4. What did Williams' students often do when she exposed her ideas to them?
5. What does Williams say the attitude of privatized innocent publicized?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)