|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 5, Crimes Without Passion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Williams' students often do when she exposed her ideas to them?
(a) They listen.
(b) They left the room.
(c) They cried.
(d) Became angry.
2. Who does Williams say ignored her while she was attending college?
(a) White teachers.
(b) Competitive white men.
(c) Her classmates.
(d) Other women.
3. What does Williams argue really happened when the slaves were "freed"?
(a) They were unowned.
(b) They were kept in slavery.
(c) They went to school.
(d) They were used as free labor.
4. What type of law did Williams teach?
(a) Commercial law.
(b) Injury law.
(c) Family law.
(d) Criminal law.
5. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
(a) A church bulletin.
(b) A Law Review.
(c) A consumer rights magazine.
(d) An African-American journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say was the first racist attitude?
2. How many principles does Williams say she will study in the book?
3. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
4. What does Williams say was an important form of oppression?
5. What is Williams ethnicity?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)