|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 5, Crimes Without Passion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say happened to one of the black youth chased by police?
(a) He was run down and died.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He was shot and killed.
(d) He surrendered.
2. What is Williams ethnicity?
3. What answer did Williams give to the one who questioned her account in the book?
(a) She gave the address of the store.
(b) She gave the police report she filed.
(c) She didn't give any.
(d) She always tells the truth.
4. What does Williams say students started to send her after he spoke out?
(a) Questions they saw as prejudiced.
(b) Their grades.
(c) Their books.
(d) Complaint letters.
5. Who does Williams say ignored her while she was attending college?
(a) Other women.
(b) Competitive white men.
(c) Her classmates.
(d) White teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams call the friend that suggested that her personal style of writing was too much for people?
2. What was removed from the article Williams wrote after the first edit?
3. Who prevented Williams from entering the store in Part I, Chapter 3?
4. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
5. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)