|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 5, Crimes Without Passion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Williams' students often do when she exposed her ideas to them?
(a) They cried.
(b) They left the room.
(c) They listen.
(d) Became angry.
2. What does Williams recommend the faculty do in her correspondence?
(a) Give students her questions only.
(b) Have ongoing exam discussion.
(c) Have questions vetted by her only.
(d) Setup a racial bias council.
3. What does Williams say racist attitudes towards African-American is?
(a) A form of spirit murder.
(b) The definition of slavery.
(c) Almost gone from modern society.
(d) The norm in some states.
4. What was removed from the article Williams wrote after the first edit?
(a) The name of the store.
(b) Her race.
(c) Her expression of rage.
(d) The date it happened.
5. Why did the student come to see Williams?
(a) To complain.
(b) To praise Williams.
(c) To cry.
(d) To ask for clarification.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the principles Williams will study in the book?
2. What was removed from the article after the second edit?
3. What does Williams maintain racial construction had?
4. What does Williams say hypothetical cases were?
5. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)