|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 5, Crimes Without Passion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say was the first racist attitude?
(a) Equality for all.
(b) The more the less.
(c) The more the merrier.
(d) Better safe than sorry.
2. What did Williams use her story about the store to illustrate?
(a) The 1980's depression.
(c) The privatization of space.
(d) White people's fear.
3. Who does Williams argue suffered under the then-current system?
(a) The poor.
(c) The rich.
(d) Rich and poor.
4. What does Williams argue capitalism did to things that properly had no price?
(b) It turned them into items exchanged and owned.
(c) Made them worthless.
(d) Failed to put a price on them.
5. What does Williams say about black communities?
(a) They are stable.
(b) They are far from city hall.
(c) They did not vote enough.
(d) They were created by force.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
2. What does Williams say she was often confronted with?
3. What does Williams say her experience with the law review indicated?
4. Who does Williams say was present in the store that refused her entry?
5. What was removed from the article Williams wrote after the first edit?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)