|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 5, Crimes Without Passion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Williams say ignored her while she was attending college?
(a) White teachers.
(b) Competitive white men.
(c) Other women.
(d) Her classmates.
2. What did Williams use her story about the store to illustrate?
(a) The privatization of space.
(b) White people's fear.
(d) The 1980's depression.
3. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
(c) People's lives.
(d) Free speech.
4. Whose plight did Williams sympathize with?
(a) Poor farmers.
(b) Women and African-American.
(c) Corporate excecutives.
5. What is the second attitude Williams say was racist?
(a) A prejudiced society is better than a violent society.
(b) Violence is good.
(c) Better safe than sorry.
(d) Leave well enough alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams want to show about legal language?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Williams say are constructed?
3. What does Williams argue capitalism did to everything?
4. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
5. What did the contract Williams found relate to?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)