|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 5, Crimes Without Passion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second attitude Williams say was racist?
(a) Leave well enough alone.
(b) Better safe than sorry.
(c) Violence is good.
(d) A prejudiced society is better than a violent society.
2. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
(a) It is reversed today.
(b) It is still present in some countries.
(c) It disappeared in 1976.
(d) It still exists today.
3. What store was Williams prevented from entering?
4. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
(a) A church bulletin.
(b) An African-American journal.
(c) A Law Review.
(d) A consumer rights magazine.
5. Who does Williams say ignored her while she was attending college?
(a) Her classmates.
(b) Other women.
(c) White teachers.
(d) Competitive white men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the contract Williams found relate to?
2. What does Williams maintain racial construction had?
3. What does Williams argue really happened when the slaves were "freed"?
4. Why was the student that came to see Williams called an activist?
5. What did Williams use her story about the store to illustrate?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)