|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 5, Crimes Without Passion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Williams' work concern according to Part I, Chapter II?
(a) Racism in contracts.
(b) Contract law.
(c) The line between contract and communion.
(d) Sexism in contracts.
2. What does Williams note pervaded the country?
(a) Affirmative action.
(b) Crime, drugs and police brutality.
(c) Crime only.
(d) Racism and anti-Vietnam.
3. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
(a) Social acceptance.
(b) Social parity.
(c) Social control.
(d) Social racism.
4. How many principles does Williams say she will study in the book?
5. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
(a) She made things up.
(b) She unfairly puts the salesman on trial.
(c) She was singled out for being a woman.
(d) She did not know why she was refused access.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say hypothetical cases were?
2. What does Williams say was an important form of oppression?
3. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
4. What does Williams argue really happened when the slaves were "freed"?
5. What does Williams argue capitalism did to things that properly had no price?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)