|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 5, Crimes Without Passion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams claim she bridged in The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
(a) Bridge between theory and practice.
(b) Bridge between law and judges.
(c) Bridge between jurisprudence and virtue.
(d) Bridge between racism and race.
2. What did the memo Williams received accuse her of doing?
(a) Silence the moderates in her class.
(b) Being racist.
(c) Being unfair to Jewish students.
(d) Favoring African-American students.
3. What did Williams' students often do when she exposed her ideas to them?
(a) Became angry.
(b) They cried.
(c) They listen.
(d) They left the room.
4. What does Williams say the questions in the hypothetical cases unknowingly created?
(a) Sexist lawyers.
(b) Bad lawyers.
(c) Lower grades for women.
(d) Racist students.
5. What does Williams say younger adults are socialized to have?
(a) Good views of woman.
(b) Good grades.
(c) Negative expectation of blacks.
(d) No will of their own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams argue capitalism did to everything?
2. What did the contract Williams found relate to?
3. What type of law did Williams teach?
4. What does Williams say her experience with the law review indicated?
5. What was removed from the article after the second edit?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)