|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 5, Crimes Without Passion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say some people asked when she told her story about the store?
(a) If she was just privileging her own view.
(b) When it happened.
(c) Who the attendant was.
(d) If she contacted the store.
2. What is the goal of The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
(a) To contrast racism and law.
(b) To expose racism.
(c) Take a critical theory approach to rights.
(d) To empower African-Americans.
3. What does Williams say about how she was treated during her different social functions?
(a) Both as black and non-black.
(b) As a slave.
(c) As a woman.
(d) As a white man.
4. Who was Williams' friend held at gunpoint by?
(a) A mugger.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A white woman.
(d) Swat team.
5. What does Williams say she was accused of being against?
(a) Separation of church and state.
(d) Academic freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
2. Who does Williams say was present in the store that refused her entry?
3. What does Williams say younger adults are socialized to have?
4. What story about Harvard did Williams use to illustrate the point she made in Part I, Chapter 1?
5. What does Williams say was the first racist attitude?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)