|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 5, Crimes Without Passion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say students started to send her after he spoke out?
(a) Their books.
(b) Complaint letters.
(c) Questions they saw as prejudiced.
(d) Their grades.
2. What does Williams say the examples she gave in Part II, Chapter 4 illustrate?
(a) Strong segregationist instinct among whites.
(b) Unlawful African-Americans.
(c) Racism among police officers.
(d) The neutrality of the law.
3. What does Williams say whites associate black with?
(c) Bad neighborhoods.
4. What does Williams say was the first racist attitude?
(a) The more the less.
(b) Equality for all.
(c) Better safe than sorry.
(d) The more the merrier.
5. What does Williams call the friend that suggested that her personal style of writing was too much for people?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say racist attitudes towards African-American is?
2. What does Williams say the questions in the hypothetical cases unknowingly created?
3. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Williams say are constructed?
5. Why was the student that came to see Williams called an activist?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)