|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, A Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 3, The Death of the Profane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Williams argue suffered under the then-current system?
(b) Rich and poor.
(c) The rich.
(d) The poor.
2. What types of rights does Williams argue are the only kind present in the Constitution?
(a) Negative rights.
(b) Positive rights.
(c) Liberty rights.
(d) Freedom rights.
3. What are the principles Williams will study in the book?
(a) Racism and freedom.
(b) Freedom and universality of the law.
(c) Autonomy, community and order.
(d) Law and order.
4. What answer did Williams give to the one who questioned her account in the book?
(a) She gave the address of the store.
(b) She gave the police report she filed.
(c) She always tells the truth.
(d) She didn't give any.
5. What is Williams ethnicity?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
2. What does Williams want to show about legal language?
3. What does Williams argue capitalism did to things that properly had no price?
4. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
5. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)