|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, A Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 3, The Death of the Profane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Williams say are constructed?
(c) Social identities and concepts.
(d) Bad social concepts.
2. What did Williams use her story about the store to illustrate?
(b) The privatization of space.
(c) White people's fear.
(d) The 1980's depression.
3. What does Williams say she was often confronted with?
(a) White lawyers.
(c) Liberal students.
(d) Heart wrenching stories.
4. Who prevented Williams from entering the store in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) A black attendant.
(b) A white security guard.
(c) A Hispanic security guard.
(d) A white attendant.
5. What did Williams' students often do when she exposed her ideas to them?
(a) They cried.
(b) Became angry.
(c) They listen.
(d) They left the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
2. What does Williams note pervaded the country?
3. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
4. What answer did Williams give to the one who questioned her account in the book?
5. What did the memo Williams received accuse her of doing?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)