|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, A Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 3, The Death of the Profane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Williams' students often do when she exposed her ideas to them?
(a) They listen.
(b) They left the room.
(c) Became angry.
(d) They cried.
2. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
(a) The dean.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A student.
(d) The associate dean.
3. Who prevented Williams from entering the store in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) A white security guard.
(b) A white attendant.
(c) A black attendant.
(d) A Hispanic security guard.
4. What does Williams note pervaded the country?
(a) Affirmative action.
(b) Crime, drugs and police brutality.
(c) Racism and anti-Vietnam.
(d) Crime only.
5. What does Williams want to show about legal language?
(a) It is necessary.
(b) It flattens complex issues.
(c) It protect the whites in power.
(d) It is reprehensible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Williams feel about being a lawyer in Part I, Chapter 1?
2. What does Williams say some people asked when she told her story about the store?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Williams say are constructed?
4. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
5. What is the goal of The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)