|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, A Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 3, The Death of the Profane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
2. What does Williams argue capitalism did to things that properly had no price?
(a) It turned them into items exchanged and owned.
(b) Made them worthless.
(c) Failed to put a price on them.
3. What does Williams argue capitalism turned the public into?
(a) The private.
(b) Inactive people.
(c) Credit card holder.
4. Who does Williams argue suffered under the then-current system?
(b) The poor.
(c) Rich and poor.
(d) The rich.
5. What is Williams ethnicity?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
2. What does Williams argue capitalism did to everything?
3. What does Williams note pervaded the country?
4. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
5. How does Williams feel about being a lawyer in Part I, Chapter 1?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)