|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, A Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 3, The Death of the Profane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Williams say was present in the store that refused her entry?
(a) Black women.
(b) White men.
(c) White women.
(d) It was empty.
2. Whose plight did Williams sympathize with?
(a) Women and African-American.
(c) Poor farmers.
(d) Corporate excecutives.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Williams say are constructed?
(b) Social identities and concepts.
(c) Bad social concepts.
4. Who does Williams argue suffered under the then-current system?
(b) Rich and poor.
(c) The poor.
(d) The rich.
5. What does Williams say she was often confronted with?
(b) White lawyers.
(c) Liberal students.
(d) Heart wrenching stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams argue is a function of wealth?
2. What did Williams use her story about the store to illustrate?
3. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
4. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
5. What policy does Williams say she supported?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)