|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, A Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 3, The Death of the Profane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was removed from the article Williams wrote after the first edit?
(a) The date it happened.
(b) The name of the store.
(c) Her race.
(d) Her expression of rage.
2. Who does Williams say was present in the store that refused her entry?
(a) White men.
(b) It was empty.
(c) Black women.
(d) White women.
3. What did the contract Williams found relate to?
(a) Her mother's house.
(b) Her car.
(c) Her ancestor's slaves.
(d) The ownership of her great-great-grandmother.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Williams say are constructed?
(a) Social identities and concepts.
(c) Bad social concepts.
5. What are the principles Williams will study in the book?
(a) Law and order.
(b) Freedom and universality of the law.
(c) Racism and freedom.
(d) Autonomy, community and order.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
2. What type of law did Williams teach?
3. What does Williams say she was often confronted with?
4. Where did Williams' interest in property law came from?
5. What does Williams say about how she was treated during her different social functions?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)