|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, A Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 3, The Death of the Profane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Williams say was present in the store that refused her entry?
(a) White women.
(b) Black women.
(c) It was empty.
(d) White men.
2. What answer did Williams give to the one who questioned her account in the book?
(a) She always tells the truth.
(b) She didn't give any.
(c) She gave the police report she filed.
(d) She gave the address of the store.
3. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
(b) People's lives.
(c) Free speech.
4. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
(a) Higher energy costs.
(c) Cheap labor.
(d) Crime fighting.
5. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
(a) It is reversed today.
(b) It is still present in some countries.
(c) It disappeared in 1976.
(d) It still exists today.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story about Harvard did Williams use to illustrate the point she made in Part I, Chapter 1?
2. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
3. What did Williams' students often do when she exposed her ideas to them?
4. What does Williams believe law is?
5. What is the goal of The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)