|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, A Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 3, The Death of the Profane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
(a) She was singled out for being a woman.
(b) She made things up.
(c) She did not know why she was refused access.
(d) She unfairly puts the salesman on trial.
2. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
(a) A Law Review.
(b) A church bulletin.
(c) An African-American journal.
(d) A consumer rights magazine.
3. How many principles does Williams say she will study in the book?
4. Who prevented Williams from entering the store in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) A white security guard.
(b) A black attendant.
(c) A white attendant.
(d) A Hispanic security guard.
5. What is Williams ethnicity?
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of rights does Williams argue are the only kind present in the Constitution?
2. What answer did Williams give to the one who questioned her account in the book?
3. What does Williams claim she bridged in The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
4. What does Williams say some people claimed when she told her story about the store?
5. Whose plight did Williams sympathize with?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)