|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, A Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 3, The Death of the Profane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say some people claimed when she told her story about the store?
(a) She didn't ask why she was refused access.
(b) She didn't ask the man's name.
(c) She didn't present another opinion.
(d) They had similar stories.
2. What conclusion does Williams say she drew from the incident at the store?
(a) Women were discriminated against.
(b) Guns should be controlled.
(c) Buzzers were useless.
(d) Racism was permissible.
3. What policy does Williams say she supported?
(a) Affirmative action.
(b) 14th amendment.
(c) 1st amendment.
(d) Panthers movement.
4. What did Williams' students often do when she exposed her ideas to them?
(a) Became angry.
(b) They listen.
(c) They left the room.
(d) They cried.
5. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
(a) She did not know why she was refused access.
(b) She made things up.
(c) She was singled out for being a woman.
(d) She unfairly puts the salesman on trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
2. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
3. What does Williams claim she bridged in The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
4. What does Williams say she was often confronted with?
5. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)