|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, A Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 3, The Death of the Profane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the goal of The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
(a) To contrast racism and law.
(b) Take a critical theory approach to rights.
(c) To empower African-Americans.
(d) To expose racism.
2. What did Williams' work concern according to Part I, Chapter II?
(a) Contract law.
(b) Racism in contracts.
(c) Sexism in contracts.
(d) The line between contract and communion.
3. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
(a) The dean.
(b) The associate dean.
(c) A student.
(d) Her mother.
4. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
(a) A consumer rights magazine.
(b) A Law Review.
(c) An African-American journal.
(d) A church bulletin.
5. What does Williams note pervaded the country?
(a) Racism and anti-Vietnam.
(b) Crime, drugs and police brutality.
(c) Affirmative action.
(d) Crime only.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams argue really happened when the slaves were "freed"?
2. Who does Williams say was present in the store that refused her entry?
3. What does Williams believe law is?
4. What does Williams argue capitalism turned the public into?
5. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)