|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, A Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 3, The Death of the Profane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams argue really happened when the slaves were "freed"?
(a) They were kept in slavery.
(b) They were used as free labor.
(c) They were unowned.
(d) They went to school.
2. Who prevented Williams from entering the store in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) A white security guard.
(b) A black attendant.
(c) A Hispanic security guard.
(d) A white attendant.
3. What is the goal of The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
(a) To empower African-Americans.
(b) To contrast racism and law.
(c) To expose racism.
(d) Take a critical theory approach to rights.
4. What does Williams say she was often confronted with?
(a) White lawyers.
(b) Heart wrenching stories.
(d) Liberal students.
5. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
(a) Free speech.
(d) People's lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say her experience with the law review indicated?
2. Where did Williams' interest in property law came from?
3. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
4. Who does Williams argue suffered under the then-current system?
5. How many principles does Williams say she will study in the book?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)