|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, A Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 3, The Death of the Profane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Williams say was present in the store that refused her entry?
(a) Black women.
(b) It was empty.
(c) White women.
(d) White men.
2. What does Williams want to show about legal language?
(a) It flattens complex issues.
(b) It is reprehensible.
(c) It is necessary.
(d) It protect the whites in power.
3. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
(a) In an abstract way.
(b) As political freedom.
(c) As a concept.
(d) As an excuse for war.
4. What does Williams argue capitalism turned the public into?
(b) Inactive people.
(c) The private.
(d) Credit card holder.
5. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
(a) Social parity.
(b) Social acceptance.
(c) Social control.
(d) Social racism.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many principles does Williams say she will study in the book?
2. What does Williams say some people claimed when she told her story about the store?
3. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
4. What does Williams say small businesses did in New York in the mid 80's according to Part I, Chapter3?
5. What does Williams claim she bridged in The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)