|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, A Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 3, The Death of the Profane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What store was Williams prevented from entering?
2. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
(c) People's lives.
(d) Free speech.
3. What conclusion does Williams say she drew from the incident at the store?
(a) Women were discriminated against.
(b) Guns should be controlled.
(c) Buzzers were useless.
(d) Racism was permissible.
4. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
(a) It still exists today.
(b) It disappeared in 1976.
(c) It is still present in some countries.
(d) It is reversed today.
5. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
Short Answer Questions
1. What answer did Williams give to the one who questioned her account in the book?
2. What does Williams note pervaded the country?
3. What does Williams say small businesses did in New York in the mid 80's according to Part I, Chapter3?
4. What does Williams say traditional jurisprudence looked for?
5. Who does Williams argue suffered under the then-current system?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)