|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, A Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 3, The Death of the Profane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What answer did Williams give to the one who questioned her account in the book?
(a) She always tells the truth.
(b) She gave the address of the store.
(c) She gave the police report she filed.
(d) She didn't give any.
2. Who does Williams say was present in the store that refused her entry?
(a) White women.
(b) Black women.
(c) It was empty.
(d) White men.
3. What does Williams believe law is?
(a) Used to oppress African-Americans.
(b) Made by white people.
(d) Necessary for society.
4. What does Williams say she was often confronted with?
(b) Liberal students.
(c) White lawyers.
(d) Heart wrenching stories.
5. What story about Harvard did Williams use to illustrate the point she made in Part I, Chapter 1?
(a) Her arguing with a fellow law professor.
(b) Harvard's inability to find African American female professors.
(c) Her receiving an award.
(d) Her speaking with her students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
2. What does Williams argue capitalism did to things that properly had no price?
3. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
4. Who prevented Williams from entering the store in Part I, Chapter 3?
5. What did Williams' students often do when she exposed her ideas to them?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)