|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, A Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 3, The Death of the Profane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the contract Williams found relate to?
(a) Her car.
(b) The ownership of her great-great-grandmother.
(c) Her mother's house.
(d) Her ancestor's slaves.
2. What does Williams want to show about legal language?
(a) It is reprehensible.
(b) It protect the whites in power.
(c) It is necessary.
(d) It flattens complex issues.
3. What does Williams argue capitalism turned the public into?
(b) The private.
(c) Inactive people.
(d) Credit card holder.
4. What does Williams argue capitalism did to things that properly had no price?
(a) Failed to put a price on them.
(b) Made them worthless.
(d) It turned them into items exchanged and owned.
5. What store was Williams prevented from entering?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams argue replaced direct oppression of African-Americans?
2. What does Williams argue really happened when the slaves were "freed"?
3. What are the principles Williams will study in the book?
4. What is Williams ethnicity?
5. What types of rights does Williams argue are the only kind present in the Constitution?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)