|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, A Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 3, The Death of the Profane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
(a) Cheap labor.
(b) Higher energy costs.
(c) Crime fighting.
2. What did Williams use her story about the store to illustrate?
(a) The privatization of space.
(b) White people's fear.
(d) The 1980's depression.
3. What did Williams' work concern according to Part I, Chapter II?
(a) The line between contract and communion.
(b) Contract law.
(c) Sexism in contracts.
(d) Racism in contracts.
4. What did Williams' students often do when she exposed her ideas to them?
(a) They left the room.
(b) They listen.
(c) They cried.
(d) Became angry.
5. What was removed from the article after the second edit?
(a) Her name.
(b) Her expression of rage
(c) The name of the store and her race.
(d) The date it happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many principles does Williams say she will study in the book?
2. What conclusion does Williams say she drew from the incident at the store?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Williams say are constructed?
4. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
5. Where did Williams' interest in property law came from?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)