|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, A Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 3, The Death of the Profane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What answer did Williams give to the one who questioned her account in the book?
(a) She always tells the truth.
(b) She gave the police report she filed.
(c) She didn't give any.
(d) She gave the address of the store.
2. What does Williams note pervaded the country?
(a) Affirmative action.
(b) Crime only.
(c) Racism and anti-Vietnam.
(d) Crime, drugs and police brutality.
3. What does Williams say her experience with the law review indicated?
(a) Neutral neutrality.
(b) Neutrality of the old law.
(c) Liberal neutrality.
(d) Racist neutrality.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Williams say are constructed?
(a) Bad social concepts.
(c) Social identities and concepts.
5. What story about Harvard did Williams use to illustrate the point she made in Part I, Chapter 1?
(a) Her speaking with her students.
(b) Harvard's inability to find African American female professors.
(c) Her arguing with a fellow law professor.
(d) Her receiving an award.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
2. What are the principles Williams will study in the book?
3. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
4. What store was Williams prevented from entering?
5. What did Williams use her story about the store to illustrate?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)