|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, A Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 3, The Death of the Profane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams argue is a function of wealth?
(a) Political power.
(b) The number of slaves owned.
(d) The right to privacy.
2. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
(a) She made things up.
(b) She did not know why she was refused access.
(c) She was singled out for being a woman.
(d) She unfairly puts the salesman on trial.
3. Who does Williams argue suffered under the then-current system?
(b) The rich.
(c) Rich and poor.
(d) The poor.
4. What does Williams say she was often confronted with?
(a) Liberal students.
(c) White lawyers.
(d) Heart wrenching stories.
5. How many principles does Williams say she will study in the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the principles Williams will study in the book?
2. What does Williams argue capitalism did to things that properly had no price?
3. What does Williams say some people claimed when she told her story about the store?
4. What does Williams say about how she was treated during her different social functions?
5. What did the memo Williams received accuse her of doing?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)