|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, A Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 3, The Death of the Profane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Williams feel about being a lawyer in Part I, Chapter 1?
(a) She loved it.
(b) She hated it.
(c) She wanted it.
(d) She regretted it.
2. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
(a) As a concept.
(b) As political freedom.
(c) As an excuse for war.
(d) In an abstract way.
3. What does Williams argue capitalism turned the public into?
(b) Credit card holder.
(c) Inactive people.
(d) The private.
4. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
(a) It is still present in some countries.
(b) It is reversed today.
(c) It disappeared in 1976.
(d) It still exists today.
5. What does Williams say traditional jurisprudence looked for?
(a) Particulars to a specific case.
(b) Uncompromising point of reference.
(c) A relative reference.
(d) The maximum sentence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
2. What did the contract Williams found relate to?
3. Where did Williams' interest in property law came from?
4. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
5. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)