|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, A Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 3, The Death of the Profane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What policy does Williams say she supported?
(a) 14th amendment.
(b) Affirmative action.
(c) 1st amendment.
(d) Panthers movement.
2. What does Williams say small businesses did in New York in the mid 80's according to Part I, Chapter3?
(a) They started refusing access to African-Americans.
(b) They started hiring private security.
(c) They started arming their clerks.
(d) They installed buzzers at the door.
3. Where did Williams' interest in property law came from?
(a) Her college professor.
(b) Her time as a bank advisor.
(c) Her family history.
(d) Her upbringing.
4. What are the principles Williams will study in the book?
(a) Autonomy, community and order.
(b) Racism and freedom.
(c) Law and order.
(d) Freedom and universality of the law.
5. What does Williams say her experience with the law review indicated?
(a) Neutrality of the old law.
(b) Racist neutrality.
(c) Liberal neutrality.
(d) Neutral neutrality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Williams argue suffered under the then-current system?
2. What did the memo Williams received accuse her of doing?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Williams say are constructed?
4. What does Williams say traditional jurisprudence looked for?
5. What store was Williams prevented from entering?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)