|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, A Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 3, The Death of the Profane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
(b) Cheap labor.
(c) Crime fighting.
(d) Higher energy costs.
2. What does Williams say her experience with the law review indicated?
(a) Racist neutrality.
(b) Neutral neutrality.
(c) Neutrality of the old law.
(d) Liberal neutrality.
3. What story about Harvard did Williams use to illustrate the point she made in Part I, Chapter 1?
(a) Harvard's inability to find African American female professors.
(b) Her receiving an award.
(c) Her speaking with her students.
(d) Her arguing with a fellow law professor.
4. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
(a) A student.
(b) The dean.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The associate dean.
5. What was removed from the article Williams wrote after the first edit?
(a) The date it happened.
(b) Her expression of rage.
(c) The name of the store.
(d) Her race.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Williams argue suffered under the then-current system?
2. What does Williams note pervaded the country?
3. What does Williams argue is a function of wealth?
4. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
5. What policy does Williams say she supported?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)