|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, A Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 3, The Death of the Profane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say about how she was treated during her different social functions?
(a) As a white man.
(b) Both as black and non-black.
(c) As a slave.
(d) As a woman.
2. Who does Williams say was present in the store that refused her entry?
(a) Black women.
(b) It was empty.
(c) White women.
(d) White men.
3. How does Williams feel about being a lawyer in Part I, Chapter 1?
(a) She hated it.
(b) She loved it.
(c) She regretted it.
(d) She wanted it.
4. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
(a) She did not know why she was refused access.
(b) She was singled out for being a woman.
(c) She made things up.
(d) She unfairly puts the salesman on trial.
5. What does Williams believe law is?
(a) Made by white people.
(b) Necessary for society.
(c) Used to oppress African-Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
2. What answer did Williams give to the one who questioned her account in the book?
3. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
4. What does Williams say small businesses did in New York in the mid 80's according to Part I, Chapter3?
5. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)