|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, A Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 3, The Death of the Profane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Williams' work concern according to Part I, Chapter II?
(a) Racism in contracts.
(b) The line between contract and communion.
(c) Sexism in contracts.
(d) Contract law.
2. Who does Williams argue suffered under the then-current system?
(b) The rich.
(c) Rich and poor.
(d) The poor.
3. How does Williams feel about being a lawyer in Part I, Chapter 1?
(a) She regretted it.
(b) She wanted it.
(c) She loved it.
(d) She hated it.
4. What does Williams say about how she was treated during her different social functions?
(a) As a woman.
(b) As a slave.
(c) As a white man.
(d) Both as black and non-black.
5. What does Williams claim she bridged in The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
(a) Bridge between jurisprudence and virtue.
(b) Bridge between law and judges.
(c) Bridge between theory and practice.
(d) Bridge between racism and race.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
2. What store was Williams prevented from entering?
3. What common conception does Williams target in her book?
4. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
5. What was removed from the article after the second edit?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)