|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, a Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 2, Gilded Lilies and Liberal Guilt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams argue capitalism did to everything?
(a) Commodified it.
(b) Made is cheat.
(c) Spoiled it.
(d) Exported it to China.
2. What types of rights does Williams argue are the only kind present in the Constitution?
(a) Positive rights.
(b) Liberty rights.
(c) Freedom rights.
(d) Negative rights.
3. What does Williams say about how she was treated during her different social functions?
(a) As a slave.
(b) Both as black and non-black.
(c) As a white man.
(d) As a woman.
4. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
(b) Slave owner.
5. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
(a) It still exists today.
(b) It is reversed today.
(c) It disappeared in 1976.
(d) It is still present in some countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say she was often confronted with?
2. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
3. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
4. How many principles does Williams say she will study in the book?
5. What does Williams argue is a function of wealth?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)