|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, a Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 2, Gilded Lilies and Liberal Guilt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams argue capitalism did to everything?
(a) Commodified it.
(b) Made is cheat.
(c) Spoiled it.
(d) Exported it to China.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Williams say are constructed?
(b) Social identities and concepts.
(d) Bad social concepts.
3. Whose plight did Williams sympathize with?
(a) Women and African-American.
(b) Poor farmers.
(c) Corporate excecutives.
4. What common conception does Williams target in her book?
(a) Law is favorable to rich people.
(b) Law is objective.
(c) Laws are written by lawyers.
(d) Law is useless.
5. What is Williams ethnicity?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Williams argue suffered under the then-current system?
2. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
3. What is the goal of The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
4. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
5. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)