|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, a Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 2, Gilded Lilies and Liberal Guilt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
(a) A student.
(b) The dean.
(c) The associate dean.
(d) Her mother.
2. Who does Williams argue suffered under the then-current system?
(a) Rich and poor.
(b) The poor.
(c) The rich.
3. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
(a) It is reversed today.
(b) It still exists today.
(c) It is still present in some countries.
(d) It disappeared in 1976.
4. What are the principles Williams will study in the book?
(a) Racism and freedom.
(b) Law and order.
(c) Autonomy, community and order.
(d) Freedom and universality of the law.
5. How does Williams feel about being a lawyer in Part I, Chapter 1?
(a) She hated it.
(b) She loved it.
(c) She regretted it.
(d) She wanted it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams argue capitalism did to things that properly had no price?
2. Where did Williams' interest in property law came from?
3. What does Williams argue really happened when the slaves were "freed"?
4. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
5. What does Williams argue capitalism did to everything?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)