|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, a Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 2, Gilded Lilies and Liberal Guilt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the contract Williams found relate to?
(a) Her mother's house.
(b) Her car.
(c) Her ancestor's slaves.
(d) The ownership of her great-great-grandmother.
2. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
(a) It is reversed today.
(b) It is still present in some countries.
(c) It disappeared in 1976.
(d) It still exists today.
3. What does Williams argue capitalism did to things that properly had no price?
(a) Made them worthless.
(b) Failed to put a price on them.
(c) It turned them into items exchanged and owned.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Williams say are constructed?
(b) Social identities and concepts.
(d) Bad social concepts.
5. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
(d) Slave owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Williams' work concern according to Part I, Chapter II?
2. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
3. Whose plight did Williams sympathize with?
4. What does Williams say she was often confronted with?
5. What type of law did Williams teach?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)