|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, a Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 2, Gilded Lilies and Liberal Guilt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many principles does Williams say she will study in the book?
2. What did the contract Williams found relate to?
(a) Her car.
(b) Her mother's house.
(c) The ownership of her great-great-grandmother.
(d) Her ancestor's slaves.
3. What story about Harvard did Williams use to illustrate the point she made in Part I, Chapter 1?
(a) Her receiving an award.
(b) Her arguing with a fellow law professor.
(c) Her speaking with her students.
(d) Harvard's inability to find African American female professors.
4. What type of law did Williams teach?
(a) Commercial law.
(b) Injury law.
(c) Criminal law.
(d) Family law.
5. What common conception does Williams target in her book?
(a) Law is favorable to rich people.
(b) Laws are written by lawyers.
(c) Law is useless.
(d) Law is objective.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
2. What did the memo Williams received accuse her of doing?
3. What does Williams argue capitalism turned the public into?
4. How does Williams feel about being a lawyer in Part I, Chapter 1?
5. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)