|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, a Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 2, Gilded Lilies and Liberal Guilt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the goal of The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
(a) To empower African-Americans.
(b) Take a critical theory approach to rights.
(c) To contrast racism and law.
(d) To expose racism.
2. What does Williams want to show about legal language?
(a) It flattens complex issues.
(b) It protect the whites in power.
(c) It is reprehensible.
(d) It is necessary.
3. What does Williams say she was often confronted with?
(b) Liberal students.
(c) Heart wrenching stories.
(d) White lawyers.
4. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
(a) It is reversed today.
(b) It still exists today.
(c) It disappeared in 1976.
(d) It is still present in some countries.
5. How many principles does Williams say she will study in the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
2. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
3. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
4. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
5. What did the memo Williams received accuse her of doing?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)