|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, a Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 2, Gilded Lilies and Liberal Guilt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams argue capitalism did to things that properly had no price?
(a) Failed to put a price on them.
(c) Made them worthless.
(d) It turned them into items exchanged and owned.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Williams say are constructed?
(b) Social identities and concepts.
(c) Bad social concepts.
3. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
4. What does Williams argue really happened when the slaves were "freed"?
(a) They were used as free labor.
(b) They were unowned.
(c) They went to school.
(d) They were kept in slavery.
5. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
(c) Slave owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
2. How does Williams feel about being a lawyer in Part I, Chapter 1?
3. What does Williams say traditional jurisprudence looked for?
4. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
5. What types of rights does Williams argue are the only kind present in the Constitution?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)