|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, a Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 2, Gilded Lilies and Liberal Guilt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the contract Williams found relate to?
(a) Her ancestor's slaves.
(b) Her mother's house.
(c) The ownership of her great-great-grandmother.
(d) Her car.
2. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
(a) Social racism.
(b) Social parity.
(c) Social acceptance.
(d) Social control.
3. What are the principles Williams will study in the book?
(a) Law and order.
(b) Autonomy, community and order.
(c) Racism and freedom.
(d) Freedom and universality of the law.
4. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
5. What did the memo Williams received accuse her of doing?
(a) Silence the moderates in her class.
(b) Being unfair to Jewish students.
(c) Favoring African-American students.
(d) Being racist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams note pervaded the country?
2. What does Williams say traditional jurisprudence looked for?
3. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
4. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
5. What does Williams want to show about legal language?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)