|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, a Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 2, Gilded Lilies and Liberal Guilt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose plight did Williams sympathize with?
(a) Corporate excecutives.
(b) Women and African-American.
(c) Poor farmers.
2. What does Williams want to show about legal language?
(a) It protect the whites in power.
(b) It flattens complex issues.
(c) It is necessary.
(d) It is reprehensible.
3. What does Williams argue really happened when the slaves were "freed"?
(a) They were unowned.
(b) They were kept in slavery.
(c) They were used as free labor.
(d) They went to school.
4. What does Williams argue capitalism did to things that properly had no price?
(a) Failed to put a price on them.
(b) It turned them into items exchanged and owned.
(d) Made them worthless.
5. What is Williams ethnicity?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
2. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
3. What does Williams say she was often confronted with?
4. What does Williams say about how she was treated during her different social functions?
5. What story about Harvard did Williams use to illustrate the point she made in Part I, Chapter 1?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)