|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, a Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 2, Gilded Lilies and Liberal Guilt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams argue really happened when the slaves were "freed"?
(a) They were kept in slavery.
(b) They were used as free labor.
(c) They were unowned.
(d) They went to school.
2. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
(a) It still exists today.
(b) It disappeared in 1976.
(c) It is reversed today.
(d) It is still present in some countries.
3. What did Williams' work concern according to Part I, Chapter II?
(a) Contract law.
(b) Racism in contracts.
(c) Sexism in contracts.
(d) The line between contract and communion.
4. What does Williams claim she bridged in The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
(a) Bridge between jurisprudence and virtue.
(b) Bridge between theory and practice.
(c) Bridge between racism and race.
(d) Bridge between law and judges.
5. How does Williams feel about being a lawyer in Part I, Chapter 1?
(a) She loved it.
(b) She wanted it.
(c) She hated it.
(d) She regretted it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams argue capitalism did to everything?
2. What does Williams say she was often confronted with?
3. How many principles does Williams say she will study in the book?
4. What does Williams want to show about legal language?
5. What does Williams believe law is?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)