|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, a Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 2, Gilded Lilies and Liberal Guilt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
(a) As an excuse for war.
(b) In an abstract way.
(c) As a concept.
(d) As political freedom.
2. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
(a) The dean.
(b) A student.
(c) The associate dean.
(d) Her mother.
3. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
(a) Free speech.
(c) People's lives.
4. What does Williams claim she bridged in The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
(a) Bridge between racism and race.
(b) Bridge between theory and practice.
(c) Bridge between law and judges.
(d) Bridge between jurisprudence and virtue.
5. What does Williams argue is a function of wealth?
(a) The right to privacy.
(b) The number of slaves owned.
(c) Political power.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many principles does Williams say she will study in the book?
2. How does Williams feel about being a lawyer in Part I, Chapter 1?
3. What does Williams say she was often confronted with?
4. What does Williams argue capitalism did to things that properly had no price?
5. What does Williams say about how she was treated during her different social functions?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)