|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, a Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 2, Gilded Lilies and Liberal Guilt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the contract Williams found relate to?
(a) Her car.
(b) The ownership of her great-great-grandmother.
(c) Her ancestor's slaves.
(d) Her mother's house.
2. What is Williams ethnicity?
3. What does Williams say traditional jurisprudence looked for?
(a) The maximum sentence.
(b) Uncompromising point of reference.
(c) A relative reference.
(d) Particulars to a specific case.
4. What does Williams argue capitalism did to things that properly had no price?
(a) Failed to put a price on them.
(c) Made them worthless.
(d) It turned them into items exchanged and owned.
5. What does Williams want to show about legal language?
(a) It is necessary.
(b) It is reprehensible.
(c) It protect the whites in power.
(d) It flattens complex issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the memo Williams received accuse her of doing?
2. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Williams say are constructed?
4. What story about Harvard did Williams use to illustrate the point she made in Part I, Chapter 1?
5. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)