|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 6, The Obliging Shell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams note pervaded the country?
(a) Affirmative action.
(b) Racism and anti-Vietnam.
(c) Crime, drugs and police brutality.
(d) Crime only.
2. How did the Jewish student deface the portrait in Williams' story?
(a) He colored it black.
(b) He drew moustaches.
(c) He drew glasses.
(d) He wrote "Hmm Hmm" on it.
3. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
(c) Slave owner.
4. Whose plight did Williams sympathize with?
(b) Women and African-American.
(c) Poor farmers.
(d) Corporate excecutives.
5. What store was Williams prevented from entering?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the student that came to see Williams called an activist?
2. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
3. What does Williams say younger adults are socialized to have?
4. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
5. What does Williams say the liberal understand freedom as?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)