Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, A Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 3, The Death of the Profane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say she was often confronted with?
(a) Heart wrenching stories.
(b) Liberal students.
(d) White lawyers.
2. What does Williams argue replaced direct oppression of African-Americans?
(a) Their arrest.
(b) Their enslavement.
(c) Their omission.
(d) Their freedom.
3. What does Williams want to show about legal language?
(a) It flattens complex issues.
(b) It is reprehensible.
(c) It is necessary.
(d) It protect the whites in power.
4. What does Williams say some people claimed when she told her story about the store?
(a) She didn't ask why she was refused access.
(b) They had similar stories.
(c) She didn't present another opinion.
(d) She didn't ask the man's name.
5. What does Williams say traditional jurisprudence looked for?
(a) The maximum sentence.
(b) Uncompromising point of reference.
(c) A relative reference.
(d) Particulars to a specific case.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
2. How many principles does Williams say she will study in the book?
3. What does Williams argue capitalism did to everything?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Williams say are constructed?
5. What conclusion does Williams say she drew from the incident at the store?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)