|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being: A String of Crystalline Parables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Williams say are constructed?
(a) Social identities and concepts.
(b) Bad social concepts.
2. What does Williams say she was accused of being against?
(b) Separation of church and state.
(d) Academic freedom.
3. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
(a) Social parity.
(b) Social control.
(c) Social racism.
(d) Social acceptance.
4. What is the goal of The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
(a) To empower African-Americans.
(b) To contrast racism and law.
(c) To expose racism.
(d) Take a critical theory approach to rights.
5. What did Williams realize during her discussion with Gabel about trust?
(a) She could not win the argument.
(b) Trust was good.
(c) She would never loan money.
(d) Her race would prevent it from happening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say was an important form of oppression?
2. What does Williams argue really happened when the slaves were "freed"?
3. What does Williams say the attitude of privatized innocent publicized?
4. What does Williams maintain racial construction had?
5. What happened to be white woman Williams read about in the paper?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)