|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being: A String of Crystalline Parables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say she had to fight over while being on a consumer protection board?
(a) The definition of pancake.
(b) The definition of mushroom.
(c) The definition of sausage.
(d) The definition of African American.
2. Why did the conference remind Williams of Tawana Brawley?
(a) The conference was about media relationships.
(b) The conference was about rape.
(c) The conference was about white establishment.
(d) The conference was about underage drinking.
3. What generalization does Williams say should be fought?
(a) Black as good and white as bad.
(b) Black as bad and white as good.
(c) Black as perfect.
(d) White as racist.
4. What are the principles Williams will study in the book?
(a) Racism and freedom.
(b) Autonomy, community and order.
(c) Law and order.
(d) Freedom and universality of the law.
5. What does Williams say the "evidentiary rules" of legitimating turf war had whites believe?
(a) Children were always annoying.
(b) Jewish were rich.
(c) Women could multi-task.
(d) African-Americans were actively agressive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams argue really happened when the slaves were "freed"?
2. How does Williams say she reacted to talking with the student?
3. What does Williams say happened to one of the black youth chased by police?
4. What does Williams say the examples she gave in Part II, Chapter 4 illustrate?
5. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)