|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being: A String of Crystalline Parables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What answer did Williams give to the one who questioned her account in the book?
(a) She didn't give any.
(b) She gave the address of the store.
(c) She always tells the truth.
(d) She gave the police report she filed.
2. How does Williams feel about being a lawyer in Part I, Chapter 1?
(a) She hated it.
(b) She wanted it.
(c) She regretted it.
(d) She loved it.
3. How did the Jewish student deface the portrait in Williams' story?
(a) He drew moustaches.
(b) He drew glasses.
(c) He colored it black.
(d) He wrote "Hmm Hmm" on it.
4. What does Williams say added complexities to her opinions?
(a) Her student's opinions.
5. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
(a) An African-American journal.
(b) A consumer rights magazine.
(c) A Law Review.
(d) A church bulletin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams argue is a function of wealth?
2. What does the man in the story at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10 claim to be?
3. What does Williams say the questions in the hypothetical cases unknowingly created?
4. What does Williams argue African-Americans think will happen if they are killed by a white police officer?
5. What does Williams argue capitalism turned the public into?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)