|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being: A String of Crystalline Parables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What case does Williams use to illustrate her point in Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) A white woman lying on the stand.
(b) Her white woman killing her husband.
(c) A pregnant woman in prison.
(d) A white man in prison.
2. Who prevented Williams from entering the store in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) A white security guard.
(b) A black attendant.
(c) A Hispanic security guard.
(d) A white attendant.
3. What was Williams doing at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Watching television.
(c) Grading papers.
4. What happens in the book Williams read to black women when they turned 27?
(a) They died.
(b) They married.
(c) They turned white.
(d) They lost their professional skills.
5. What did Williams realize during her discussion with Gabel about trust?
(a) Her race would prevent it from happening.
(b) She would never loan money.
(c) Trust was good.
(d) She could not win the argument.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
2. What did Mike Tyson give Tawana Brawley?
3. What does Williams say she disagreed about racial preference being?
4. What does Williams think triggered the Judge's mental breakdown?
5. What does Williams say whites associate black with?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)