|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being: A String of Crystalline Parables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say about black communities?
(a) They are stable.
(b) They did not vote enough.
(c) They are far from city hall.
(d) They were created by force.
2. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
(a) Cheap labor.
(b) Higher energy costs.
(c) Crime fighting.
3. Why did the conference remind Williams of Tawana Brawley?
(a) The conference was about media relationships.
(b) The conference was about white establishment.
(c) The conference was about rape.
(d) The conference was about underage drinking.
4. What generalization does Williams say should be fought?
(a) Black as perfect.
(b) White as racist.
(c) Black as good and white as bad.
(d) Black as bad and white as good.
5. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A student.
(c) The associate dean.
(d) The dean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Williams say strongly supported Tawana Brawley?
2. What did Williams realize during her discussion with Gabel about trust?
3. What does Williams argue affirmative action should be protected as?
4. What did white men define under slavery?
5. What Judge does Williams say was given a lot of attention?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)