|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being: A String of Crystalline Parables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say made African Americans visible?
(b) Social commitments to protect rights.
(d) Running for office.
2. What does Williams say the "evidentiary rules" of legitimating turf war had whites believe?
(a) African-Americans were actively agressive.
(b) Children were always annoying.
(c) Jewish were rich.
(d) Women could multi-task.
3. What does Williams say she noticed a year after her entering the same building?
(a) A security guard.
(b) The same children.
(c) A new security pad at the entrance.
(d) The same "bum."
4. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
(a) The associate dean.
(b) A student.
(c) The dean.
(d) Her mother.
5. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
(a) She made things up.
(b) She unfairly puts the salesman on trial.
(c) She was singled out for being a woman.
(d) She did not know why she was refused access.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams argue affirmative action should be protected as?
2. What does Williams say was important for black students to do?
3. What does Williams argue is a function of wealth?
4. What story about Harvard did Williams use to illustrate the point she made in Part I, Chapter 1?
5. What does Williams say was an important form of oppression?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)