|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being: A String of Crystalline Parables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams think triggered the Judge's mental breakdown?
(a) An overload of cases.
(b) Stress factors on black professional women.
(c) A particularly horrifying case.
(d) A killing in her courtroom.
2. Whose arguments on affirmative action did Williams reject?
(a) California Supreme Court.
(b) The Supreme Court.
(c) The 9th Court of Appeals.
(d) The 7th Court of Appeals.
3. What does Williams say students started to send her after he spoke out?
(a) Their grades.
(b) Complaint letters.
(c) Questions they saw as prejudiced.
(d) Their books.
4. What did Williams enter at the start of Part III, Chapter 7?
(a) A police station.
(b) An apartment building.
(c) A store.
(d) A storage depot.
5. What does Williams say she noticed a year after her entering the same building?
(a) A new security pad at the entrance.
(b) The same children.
(c) The same "bum."
(d) A security guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams argue replaced direct oppression of African-Americans?
2. What does Williams say the image of peaceful white community being interrupted by a black presence did to blacks?
3. How does Williams say she felt when she was attending college?
4. Who was Williams' friend held at gunpoint by?
5. What does Williams recommend the faculty do in her correspondence?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)