|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being: A String of Crystalline Parables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the woman Williams talked with complain about?
(a) Being mugged and shot at.
(b) Being allergic to smoke.
(c) Being assaulted.
(d) Being drugged.
2. Who did the black community fiercely criticize?
(a) The district attorney's officer.
(b) White officers.
(c) The Mexican-American community.
(d) The media.
3. What does Williams say she thought of the relation of the reader to a particular text was?
4. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
(a) The associate dean.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A student.
(d) The dean.
5. What does Williams say the world hates?
(a) Brown spills.
(b) Trouble makers.
(c) African Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man in the story at the start of Part IV, Chapter 10 claim to be?
2. Whose plight did Williams sympathize with?
3. What does Williams say was the first racist attitude?
4. What year was the student that came to Williams at the start of Part II, Chapter 5?
5. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)