|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being: A String of Crystalline Parables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second attitude Williams say was racist?
(a) Violence is good.
(b) Leave well enough alone.
(c) A prejudiced society is better than a violent society.
(d) Better safe than sorry.
2. Whose plight did Williams sympathize with?
(b) Corporate excecutives.
(c) Women and African-American.
(d) Poor farmers.
3. What did Mike Tyson give Tawana Brawley?
(a) Self defense lessons.
(b) Advice on cashing in on her situation.
(c) A punch.
(d) Tickets for his fights.
4. What happened to be white woman Williams read about in the paper?
(a) She was given black sperm.
(b) She killed a man.
(c) She was falsely imprisoned.
(d) She was killed.
5. What was removed from the article Williams wrote after the first edit?
(a) Her expression of rage.
(b) Her race.
(c) The name of the store.
(d) The date it happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say she received from her students?
2. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
3. What does Williams say added complexities to her opinions?
4. What does Williams say about black communities?
5. What does Williams note pervaded the country?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)