|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being: A String of Crystalline Parables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
(a) Slave owner.
2. What does Williams say hypothetical cases were?
(c) Instructional mirrors.
3. What does Williams say some people claimed when she told her story about the store?
(a) She didn't ask the man's name.
(b) She didn't ask why she was refused access.
(c) They had similar stories.
(d) She didn't present another opinion.
4. What does Williams say the image of peaceful white community being interrupted by a black presence did to blacks?
(a) It made them mistrustful.
(b) It made them sad.
(c) It made them mad.
(d) It dehumanized them.
5. What does Williams argue really happened when the slaves were "freed"?
(a) They went to school.
(b) They were unowned.
(c) They were used as free labor.
(d) They were kept in slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say required enforced equality and affirmative action?
2. What university did Williams attend according to Part II, Chapter 4?
3. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
4. What does Williams say she was often confronted with?
5. Where was Williams briefly detained?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)