|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 4, Teleology on the Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Williams say ignored her while she was attending college?
(a) White teachers.
(b) Competitive white men.
(c) Other women.
(d) Her classmates.
2. What university did Williams attend according to Part II, Chapter 4?
(a) Harvard Law.
(b) Yale Law.
(c) Boston College Law.
(d) University of Wisconsin Law.
3. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
(a) Social control.
(b) Social parity.
(c) Social racism.
(d) Social acceptance.
4. Whose plight did Williams sympathize with?
(b) Corporate excecutives.
(c) Women and African-American.
(d) Poor farmers.
5. What did Williams use her story about the store to illustrate?
(b) White people's fear.
(c) The privatization of space.
(d) The 1980's depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
2. What is the second attitude Williams say was racist?
3. What does Williams argue replaced direct oppression of African-Americans?
4. What was removed from the article Williams wrote after the first edit?
5. What does Williams say she was often confronted with?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)