|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 4, Teleology on the Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
(c) Slave owner.
2. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
(b) People's lives.
(d) Free speech.
3. What does Williams say the image of peaceful white community being interrupted by a black presence did to blacks?
(a) It made them sad.
(b) It made them mistrustful.
(c) It made them mad.
(d) It dehumanized them.
4. What does Williams say younger adults are socialized to have?
(a) Good views of woman.
(b) No will of their own.
(c) Good grades.
(d) Negative expectation of blacks.
5. What does Williams argue really happened when the slaves were "freed"?
(a) They were unowned.
(b) They were used as free labor.
(c) They went to school.
(d) They were kept in slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Williams' students often do when she exposed her ideas to them?
2. What does Williams say some people claimed when she told her story about the store?
3. What does Williams say the attitude of privatized innocent publicized?
4. What was removed from the article after the second edit?
5. Who does Williams argue suffered under the then-current system?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)