|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 4, Teleology on the Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
(d) Slave owner.
2. What does Williams argue capitalism did to everything?
(a) Spoiled it.
(b) Exported it to China.
(c) Commodified it.
(d) Made is cheat.
3. What does Williams say small businesses did in New York in the mid 80's according to Part I, Chapter3?
(a) They started refusing access to African-Americans.
(b) They started hiring private security.
(c) They installed buzzers at the door.
(d) They started arming their clerks.
4. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
5. What does Williams say some people claimed when she told her story about the store?
(a) She didn't ask the man's name.
(b) They had similar stories.
(c) She didn't present another opinion.
(d) She didn't ask why she was refused access.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams claim she bridged in The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
2. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
3. What does Williams argue capitalism turned the public into?
4. What is the goal of The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
5. Who does Williams say was present in the store that refused her entry?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)