|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 4, Teleology on the Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say happened to one of the black youth chased by police?
(a) He surrendered.
(b) He was run down and died.
(c) He was arrested.
(d) He was shot and killed.
2. What did the memo Williams received accuse her of doing?
(a) Being racist.
(b) Silence the moderates in her class.
(c) Being unfair to Jewish students.
(d) Favoring African-American students.
3. What does Williams say her post as a law professor made her be?
(b) Aware of racism.
(d) Highly visible.
4. What did Williams' students often do when she exposed her ideas to them?
(a) They left the room.
(b) They cried.
(c) Became angry.
(d) They listen.
5. What did Williams' work concern according to Part I, Chapter II?
(a) The line between contract and communion.
(b) Racism in contracts.
(c) Sexism in contracts.
(d) Contract law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Williams' friend held at gunpoint by?
2. What does Williams argue replaced direct oppression of African-Americans?
3. What was removed from the article after the second edit?
4. What does Williams say the image of peaceful white community being interrupted by a black presence did to blacks?
5. What does Williams say some people claimed when she told her story about the store?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)