|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 4, Teleology on the Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
(a) She unfairly puts the salesman on trial.
(b) She made things up.
(c) She was singled out for being a woman.
(d) She did not know why she was refused access.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Williams say are constructed?
(a) Social identities and concepts.
(c) Bad social concepts.
3. What does Williams say the examples she gave in Part II, Chapter 4 illustrate?
(a) Racism among police officers.
(b) Unlawful African-Americans.
(c) Strong segregationist instinct among whites.
(d) The neutrality of the law.
4. How many principles does Williams say she will study in the book?
5. What did the memo Williams received accuse her of doing?
(a) Being racist.
(b) Being unfair to Jewish students.
(c) Silence the moderates in her class.
(d) Favoring African-American students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say the "evidentiary rules" of legitimating turf war had whites believe?
2. What does Williams say some people asked when she told her story about the store?
3. What does Williams claim she bridged in The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
4. What does Williams argue capitalism turned the public into?
5. What did the contract Williams found relate to?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)