|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 4, Teleology on the Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say racist attitudes towards African-American is?
(a) The norm in some states.
(b) A form of spirit murder.
(c) The definition of slavery.
(d) Almost gone from modern society.
2. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
(a) It disappeared in 1976.
(b) It still exists today.
(c) It is still present in some countries.
(d) It is reversed today.
3. What does Williams say the examples she gave in Part II, Chapter 4 illustrate?
(a) The neutrality of the law.
(b) Unlawful African-Americans.
(c) Strong segregationist instinct among whites.
(d) Racism among police officers.
4. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
(c) Slave owner.
5. What does Williams say was the first racist attitude?
(a) Better safe than sorry.
(b) The more the merrier.
(c) Equality for all.
(d) The more the less.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say whites associate black with?
2. What does Williams note pervaded the country?
3. What common conception does Williams target in her book?
4. What university did Williams attend according to Part II, Chapter 4?
5. What does Williams believe law is?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)