|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 4, Teleology on the Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conclusion does Williams say she drew from the incident at the store?
(a) Guns should be controlled.
(b) Women were discriminated against.
(c) Buzzers were useless.
(d) Racism was permissible.
2. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
(a) A church bulletin.
(b) A consumer rights magazine.
(c) An African-American journal.
(d) A Law Review.
3. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
(a) The dean.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A student.
(d) The associate dean.
4. How does Williams say she felt when she was attending college?
5. What does Williams argue replaced direct oppression of African-Americans?
(a) Their enslavement.
(b) Their arrest.
(c) Their freedom.
(d) Their omission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Williams say ignored her while she was attending college?
2. What university did Williams attend according to Part II, Chapter 4?
3. What does Williams say was the first racist attitude?
4. What does Williams note pervaded the country?
5. What does Williams believe law is?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)