|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 4, Teleology on the Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
(a) She unfairly puts the salesman on trial.
(b) She did not know why she was refused access.
(c) She made things up.
(d) She was singled out for being a woman.
2. What type of law did Williams teach?
(a) Commercial law.
(b) Family law.
(c) Criminal law.
(d) Injury law.
3. What does Williams note pervaded the country?
(a) Affirmative action.
(b) Crime only.
(c) Racism and anti-Vietnam.
(d) Crime, drugs and police brutality.
4. What does Williams say about how she was treated during her different social functions?
(a) As a white man.
(b) As a woman.
(c) As a slave.
(d) Both as black and non-black.
5. What does Williams say small businesses did in New York in the mid 80's according to Part I, Chapter3?
(a) They installed buzzers at the door.
(b) They started arming their clerks.
(c) They started refusing access to African-Americans.
(d) They started hiring private security.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say the examples she gave in Part II, Chapter 4 illustrate?
2. How many principles does Williams say she will study in the book?
3. How does Williams feel about being a lawyer in Part I, Chapter 1?
4. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
5. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)