|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 4, Teleology on the Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conclusion does Williams say she drew from the incident at the store?
(a) Women were discriminated against.
(b) Racism was permissible.
(c) Guns should be controlled.
(d) Buzzers were useless.
2. What does Williams say racist attitudes towards African-American is?
(a) The norm in some states.
(b) The definition of slavery.
(c) Almost gone from modern society.
(d) A form of spirit murder.
3. What does Williams claim she bridged in The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
(a) Bridge between law and judges.
(b) Bridge between jurisprudence and virtue.
(c) Bridge between theory and practice.
(d) Bridge between racism and race.
4. What is the second attitude Williams say was racist?
(a) Violence is good.
(b) Better safe than sorry.
(c) A prejudiced society is better than a violent society.
(d) Leave well enough alone.
5. What does Williams argue is a function of wealth?
(a) Political power.
(c) The right to privacy.
(d) The number of slaves owned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say traditional jurisprudence looked for?
2. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
3. What does Williams say the attitude of privatized innocent publicized?
4. What does Williams say was the first racist attitude?
5. What does Williams say was an important form of oppression?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)