|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 4, Teleology on the Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say about how she was treated during her different social functions?
(a) As a white man.
(b) As a slave.
(c) Both as black and non-black.
(d) As a woman.
2. Whose plight did Williams sympathize with?
(b) Corporate excecutives.
(c) Poor farmers.
(d) Women and African-American.
3. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
(a) People's lives.
(b) Free speech.
4. Who does Williams say ignored her while she was attending college?
(a) Other women.
(b) White teachers.
(c) Competitive white men.
(d) Her classmates.
5. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
(d) Slave owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
2. What does Williams argue replaced direct oppression of African-Americans?
3. What did Williams' students often do when she exposed her ideas to them?
4. What does Williams argue is a function of wealth?
5. What policy does Williams say she supported?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)