|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 4, Teleology on the Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Williams use her story about the store to illustrate?
(b) The privatization of space.
(c) The 1980's depression.
(d) White people's fear.
2. What does Williams argue capitalism did to everything?
(a) Made is cheat.
(b) Commodified it.
(c) Exported it to China.
(d) Spoiled it.
3. What does Williams argue really happened when the slaves were "freed"?
(a) They were kept in slavery.
(b) They went to school.
(c) They were used as free labor.
(d) They were unowned.
4. Whose plight did Williams sympathize with?
(a) Poor farmers.
(b) Corporate excecutives.
(d) Women and African-American.
5. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
(a) It is still present in some countries.
(b) It disappeared in 1976.
(c) It is reversed today.
(d) It still exists today.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
2. What does Williams say her post as a law professor made her be?
3. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
4. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
5. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)