|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 4, Teleology on the Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What policy does Williams say she supported?
(a) 14th amendment.
(b) Panthers movement.
(c) 1st amendment.
(d) Affirmative action.
2. What does Williams claim she bridged in The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
(a) Bridge between jurisprudence and virtue.
(b) Bridge between theory and practice.
(c) Bridge between racism and race.
(d) Bridge between law and judges.
3. What did Williams' students often do when she exposed her ideas to them?
(a) They cried.
(b) They left the room.
(c) They listen.
(d) Became angry.
4. What does Williams want to show about legal language?
(a) It is reprehensible.
(b) It flattens complex issues.
(c) It protect the whites in power.
(d) It is necessary.
5. How many principles does Williams say she will study in the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Williams' friend held at gunpoint by?
2. What type of law did Williams teach?
3. What did the contract Williams found relate to?
4. What does Williams argue really happened when the slaves were "freed"?
5. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)