|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 4, Teleology on the Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
(a) An African-American journal.
(b) A Law Review.
(c) A church bulletin.
(d) A consumer rights magazine.
2. What does Williams argue capitalism did to things that properly had no price?
(b) It turned them into items exchanged and owned.
(c) Failed to put a price on them.
(d) Made them worthless.
3. Who prevented Williams from entering the store in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) A white security guard.
(b) A white attendant.
(c) A Hispanic security guard.
(d) A black attendant.
4. What does Williams say was an important form of oppression?
(b) The image of the black criminal.
(c) The police.
(d) Black only neighborhoods.
5. What policy does Williams say she supported?
(a) 1st amendment.
(b) Affirmative action.
(c) 14th amendment.
(d) Panthers movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say the image of peaceful white community being interrupted by a black presence did to blacks?
2. What is the goal of The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
3. What story about Harvard did Williams use to illustrate the point she made in Part I, Chapter 1?
4. What types of rights does Williams argue are the only kind present in the Constitution?
5. What does Williams say the examples she gave in Part II, Chapter 4 illustrate?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)