|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 4, Teleology on the Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was removed from the article after the second edit?
(a) The date it happened.
(b) Her expression of rage
(c) Her name.
(d) The name of the store and her race.
2. What does Williams say her post as a law professor made her be?
(b) Aware of racism.
(c) Highly visible.
3. What did Williams use her story about the store to illustrate?
(a) White people's fear.
(b) The privatization of space.
(d) The 1980's depression.
4. What store was Williams prevented from entering?
5. What does Williams argue is a function of wealth?
(a) Political power.
(b) The number of slaves owned.
(d) The right to privacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams claim she bridged in The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
2. Where does Williams say a friend of hers was held at gunpoint?
3. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
4. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
5. Where did Williams' interest in property law came from?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)