|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 4, Teleology on the Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say was an important form of oppression?
(a) The image of the black criminal.
(c) The police.
(d) Black only neighborhoods.
2. What does Williams say some people claimed when she told her story about the store?
(a) She didn't ask the man's name.
(b) She didn't ask why she was refused access.
(c) They had similar stories.
(d) She didn't present another opinion.
3. What types of rights does Williams argue are the only kind present in the Constitution?
(a) Liberty rights.
(b) Negative rights.
(c) Freedom rights.
(d) Positive rights.
4. What does Williams argue replaced direct oppression of African-Americans?
(a) Their arrest.
(b) Their enslavement.
(c) Their omission.
(d) Their freedom.
5. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Williams argue suffered under the then-current system?
2. What is the goal of The Alchemy of Race and Rights?
3. What are the principles Williams will study in the book?
4. What does Williams argue capitalism did to everything?
5. Who prevented Williams from entering the store in Part I, Chapter 3?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)