|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 4, Teleology on the Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
2. What answer did Williams give to the one who questioned her account in the book?
(a) She didn't give any.
(b) She gave the police report she filed.
(c) She always tells the truth.
(d) She gave the address of the store.
3. What does Williams say about how she was treated during her different social functions?
(a) As a woman.
(b) Both as black and non-black.
(c) As a slave.
(d) As a white man.
4. What does Williams say about black communities?
(a) They did not vote enough.
(b) They are far from city hall.
(c) They are stable.
(d) They were created by force.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Williams say are constructed?
(a) Bad social concepts.
(b) Social identities and concepts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
2. What does Williams say traditional jurisprudence looked for?
3. What does Williams say the image of peaceful white community being interrupted by a black presence did to blacks?
4. What does Williams argue capitalism turned the public into?
5. What did Williams' students often do when she exposed her ideas to them?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)