|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 4, Teleology on the Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Williams say a friend of hers was held at gunpoint?
(a) The White House.
(b) A white restaurant.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) A police station.
2. What does Williams want to show about legal language?
(a) It is necessary.
(b) It protect the whites in power.
(c) It flattens complex issues.
(d) It is reprehensible.
3. What types of rights does Williams argue are the only kind present in the Constitution?
(a) Liberty rights.
(b) Negative rights.
(c) Freedom rights.
(d) Positive rights.
4. What does Williams say racist attitudes towards African-American is?
(a) Almost gone from modern society.
(b) The norm in some states.
(c) The definition of slavery.
(d) A form of spirit murder.
5. Who does Williams say ignored her while she was attending college?
(a) Other women.
(b) Her classmates.
(c) White teachers.
(d) Competitive white men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second attitude Williams say was racist?
2. What does Williams believe law is?
3. What does Williams argue capitalism did to things that properly had no price?
4. How does Williams feel about being a lawyer in Part I, Chapter 1?
5. What does Williams argue replaced direct oppression of African-Americans?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)