|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Trial by Text, A Sequence of Sublimation, Chapter 4, Teleology on the Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say was an important form of oppression?
(a) Black only neighborhoods.
(b) The image of the black criminal.
(d) The police.
2. What was removed from the article after the second edit?
(a) The name of the store and her race.
(b) Her expression of rage
(c) Her name.
(d) The date it happened.
3. What does Williams say racist attitudes towards African-American is?
(a) Almost gone from modern society.
(b) A form of spirit murder.
(c) The definition of slavery.
(d) The norm in some states.
4. What did Williams' students often do when she exposed her ideas to them?
(a) They listen.
(b) They cried.
(c) Became angry.
(d) They left the room.
5. What types of rights does Williams argue are the only kind present in the Constitution?
(a) Positive rights.
(b) Freedom rights.
(c) Liberty rights.
(d) Negative rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
2. What university did Williams attend according to Part II, Chapter 4?
3. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
4. What does Williams argue capitalism turned the public into?
5. What store was Williams prevented from entering?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)