|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 7, Fire and Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was removed from the article after the second edit?
(a) Her expression of rage
(b) The name of the store and her race.
(c) The date it happened.
(d) Her name.
2. What did Williams use her story about the store to illustrate?
(b) The 1980's depression.
(c) White people's fear.
(d) The privatization of space.
3. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
(c) People's lives.
(d) Free speech.
4. How many children does Williams say stormed out off the door as she was entering?
5. What conclusion does Williams say she drew from the incident at the store?
(a) Women were discriminated against.
(b) Buzzers were useless.
(c) Racism was permissible.
(d) Guns should be controlled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second attitude Williams say was racist?
2. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
3. What does Williams say whites associate black with?
4. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
5. What store was Williams prevented from entering?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)