|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 7, Fire and Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams criticize the increase focused on?
(b) Differences on college campuses.
(c) Illegal immigrants.
(d) White women.
2. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
(a) She unfairly puts the salesman on trial.
(b) She was singled out for being a woman.
(c) She did not know why she was refused access.
(d) She made things up.
3. What does Williams say younger adults are socialized to have?
(a) Good grades.
(b) Negative expectation of blacks.
(c) No will of their own.
(d) Good views of woman.
4. What conclusion does Williams say she drew from the incident at the store?
(a) Buzzers were useless.
(b) Guns should be controlled.
(c) Women were discriminated against.
(d) Racism was permissible.
5. What did Williams use her story about the store to illustrate?
(a) White people's fear.
(b) The privatization of space.
(d) The 1980's depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams argue capitalism turned the public into?
2. How does Williams say she felt when she was attending college?
3. What does Williams say her experience with the law review indicated?
4. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
5. What does Williams say small businesses did in New York in the mid 80's according to Part I, Chapter3?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)