|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 7, Fire and Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
(a) It is reversed today.
(b) It is still present in some countries.
(c) It still exists today.
(d) It disappeared in 1976.
2. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
3. Where does Williams say a friend of hers was held at gunpoint?
(a) The White House.
(b) A white restaurant.
(c) A police station.
(d) The courthouse.
4. What does Williams say some people claimed when she told her story about the store?
(a) She didn't ask the man's name.
(b) She didn't present another opinion.
(c) They had similar stories.
(d) She didn't ask why she was refused access.
5. What does Williams argue affirmative action should be protected as?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say the examples she gave in Part II, Chapter 4 illustrate?
2. What does Williams say the "evidentiary rules" of legitimating turf war had whites believe?
3. Who does Williams argue suffered under the then-current system?
4. How does Williams describe as abstract law?
5. What did the memo Williams received accuse her of doing?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)