|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 7, Fire and Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Williams' interest in property law came from?
(a) Her family history.
(b) Her upbringing.
(c) Her time as a bank advisor.
(d) Her college professor.
2. What does Williams say required enforced equality and affirmative action?
(a) A lawful world.
(c) A race neutral society.
(d) Democratic freedom.
3. What policy does Williams say she supported?
(a) 14th amendment.
(b) Affirmative action.
(c) Panthers movement.
(d) 1st amendment.
4. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
(a) People's lives.
(c) Free speech.
5. What does Williams say small businesses did in New York in the mid 80's according to Part I, Chapter3?
(a) They started hiring private security.
(b) They started arming their clerks.
(c) They installed buzzers at the door.
(d) They started refusing access to African-Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say the attitude of privatized innocent publicized?
2. Why does Williams say we should avoid neutrality?
3. What does Williams say the liberal understand freedom as?
4. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
5. What types of rights does Williams argue are the only kind present in the Constitution?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)