|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 7, Fire and Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Williams enter at the start of Part III, Chapter 7?
(a) A police station.
(b) An apartment building.
(c) A storage depot.
(d) A store.
2. What does Williams argue capitalism did to things that properly had no price?
(a) It turned them into items exchanged and owned.
(b) Failed to put a price on them.
(c) Made them worthless.
3. What does Williams say about black communities?
(a) They are far from city hall.
(b) They did not vote enough.
(c) They are stable.
(d) They were created by force.
4. What does Williams say she noticed a year after her entering the same building?
(a) The same "bum."
(b) A security guard.
(c) A new security pad at the entrance.
(d) The same children.
5. Who was the "bum" referred by the children?
(a) An elderly African-American woman.
(b) An white "bag lady".
(c) An elderly African-American man.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say happened to one of the black youth chased by police?
2. How many times was the woman mentioned in Williams' story shot?
3. What does Williams say the "evidentiary rules" of legitimating turf war had whites believe?
4. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
5. What does Williams say the image of peaceful white community being interrupted by a black presence did to blacks?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)