|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 7, Fire and Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say racist attitudes towards African-American is?
(a) The norm in some states.
(b) A form of spirit murder.
(c) The definition of slavery.
(d) Almost gone from modern society.
2. Where was Williams briefly detained?
(b) South Carolina.
(c) New York.
3. How many times was the woman mentioned in Williams' story shot?
(b) Three times.
(c) Four times.
4. Who does Williams say ignored her while she was attending college?
(a) Other women.
(b) Her classmates.
(c) White teachers.
(d) Competitive white men.
5. What does Williams argue African-Americans think will happen if they are killed by a white police officer?
(a) Their family would receive a large settlement.
(b) The officer would not suffer any consequences.
(c) Their family would be vilified.
(d) They would be seen as a criminal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say about black communities?
2. What was removed from the article Williams wrote after the first edit?
3. What does Williams say the "evidentiary rules" of legitimating turf war had whites believe?
4. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
5. What does Williams argue capitalism did to everything?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)