|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 7, Fire and Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Williams say was present in the store that refused her entry?
(a) White women.
(b) Black women.
(c) White men.
(d) It was empty.
2. What does Williams say her post as a law professor made her be?
(b) Aware of racism.
(d) Highly visible.
3. What university did Williams attend according to Part II, Chapter 4?
(a) University of Wisconsin Law.
(b) Harvard Law.
(c) Yale Law.
(d) Boston College Law.
4. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
(a) As a concept.
(b) In an abstract way.
(c) As an excuse for war.
(d) As political freedom.
5. What does Williams say the liberal understand freedom as?
(a) Freedom of speech.
(b) Freedom of association.
(c) Freedom of religion.
(d) The right to bear arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Williams enter at the start of Part III, Chapter 7?
2. What two ideas of freedom does Williams mention in Part II, Chapter 6?
3. Why does Williams say we should avoid neutrality?
4. What does Williams say happened to the Jewish student?
5. What does Williams say some people asked when she told her story about the store?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)