|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 7, Fire and Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams argue African-Americans think will happen if they are killed by a white police officer?
(a) They would be seen as a criminal.
(b) Their family would be vilified.
(c) The officer would not suffer any consequences.
(d) Their family would receive a large settlement.
2. Who does Williams argue suffered under the then-current system?
(a) The rich.
(b) The poor.
(c) Rich and poor.
3. Who was Williams' friend held at gunpoint by?
(a) A police officer.
(b) Swat team.
(c) A white woman.
(d) A mugger.
4. What does Williams argue affirmative action should be protected as?
5. What does Williams say happened to the Jewish student?
(a) He was expelled.
(b) He was beaten up.
(c) He was prosecuted.
(d) He was not penalized.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second attitude Williams say was racist?
2. Whose story does Williams mention in Part III, Chapter 7?
3. What did Williams use her story about the store to illustrate?
4. What store was Williams prevented from entering?
5. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)