|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 7, Fire and Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Williams' friend held at gunpoint by?
(a) A mugger.
(b) Swat team.
(c) A white woman.
(d) A police officer.
2. What did the memo Williams received accuse her of doing?
(a) Being racist.
(b) Silence the moderates in her class.
(c) Favoring African-American students.
(d) Being unfair to Jewish students.
3. What does Williams say recent affirmative action jurisprudence rejected?
(a) The right for African-Americans to use it.
(b) The constitutionality of racial preferences.
(c) The definition of prejudice.
(d) The obligation of small businesses to abide by it.
4. Who does Williams say was present in the store that refused her entry?
(a) White men.
(b) It was empty.
(c) White women.
(d) Black women.
5. How does Williams describe as abstract law?
(b) Affirmative action.
(c) The court system.
(d) The appeals system.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say was important for black students to do?
2. What does Williams say about black communities?
3. What conclusion does Williams say she drew from the incident at the store?
4. What does Williams say she noticed a year after her entering the same building?
5. What does Williams argue affirmative action should be protected as?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)