|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 7, Fire and Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose story does Williams mention in Part III, Chapter 7?
(a) Martha Eleor.
(b) Sophie Freeman.
(c) Martha Stanford.
(d) Eleanor Bumpurs.
2. Who does Williams argue suffered under the then-current system?
(a) Rich and poor.
(b) The rich.
(c) The poor.
3. What does Williams argue capitalism turned the public into?
(a) Inactive people.
(c) The private.
(d) Credit card holder.
4. What does Williams say racist attitudes towards African-American is?
(a) The definition of slavery.
(b) The norm in some states.
(c) Almost gone from modern society.
(d) A form of spirit murder.
5. How did the Jewish student deface the portrait in Williams' story?
(a) He drew moustaches.
(b) He drew glasses.
(c) He wrote "Hmm Hmm" on it.
(d) He colored it black.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
2. What types of rights does Williams argue are the only kind present in the Constitution?
3. How does Williams say she felt when she was attending college?
4. What does Williams say the "evidentiary rules" of legitimating turf war had whites believe?
5. What does Williams say the liberal understand freedom as?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)