|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 7, Fire and Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Williams' friend held at gunpoint by?
(a) A white woman.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A mugger.
(d) Swat team.
2. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
3. Who prevented Williams from entering the store in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) A white security guard.
(b) A Hispanic security guard.
(c) A black attendant.
(d) A white attendant.
4. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
(b) People's lives.
(d) Free speech.
5. Whose arguments on affirmative action did Williams reject?
(a) The Supreme Court.
(b) The 7th Court of Appeals.
(c) California Supreme Court.
(d) The 9th Court of Appeals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say the examples she gave in Part II, Chapter 4 illustrate?
2. What does Williams say the "evidentiary rules" of legitimating turf war had whites believe?
3. How does Williams say she felt when she was attending college?
4. What does Williams say small businesses did in New York in the mid 80's according to Part I, Chapter3?
5. What does Williams believe that parts of the social contract in the United States involved?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)