|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 7, Fire and Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
(a) She did not know why she was refused access.
(b) She was singled out for being a woman.
(c) She unfairly puts the salesman on trial.
(d) She made things up.
2. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
3. Who was the "bum" referred by the children?
(a) An elderly African-American man.
(b) An white "bag lady".
(c) An elderly African-American woman.
(d) A dog.
4. Who does Williams argue suffered under the then-current system?
(a) The poor.
(b) The rich.
(c) Rich and poor.
5. What did Williams enter at the start of Part III, Chapter 7?
(a) An apartment building.
(b) A police station.
(c) A store.
(d) A storage depot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
2. What does Williams say the "evidentiary rules" of legitimating turf war had whites believe?
3. What did the memo Williams received accuse her of doing?
4. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
5. What does Williams argue affirmative action should be protected as?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)