|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 7, Fire and Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say happened to one of the black youth chased by police?
(a) He was run down and died.
(b) He was shot and killed.
(c) He surrendered.
(d) He was arrested.
2. What does Williams say racist attitudes towards African-American is?
(a) The norm in some states.
(b) Almost gone from modern society.
(c) A form of spirit murder.
(d) The definition of slavery.
3. Where was Williams briefly detained?
(a) South Carolina.
(b) New York.
4. How did the Jewish student deface the portrait in Williams' story?
(a) He drew glasses.
(b) He drew moustaches.
(c) He wrote "Hmm Hmm" on it.
(d) He colored it black.
5. What did the contract Williams found relate to?
(a) Her ancestor's slaves.
(b) Her mother's house.
(c) Her car.
(d) The ownership of her great-great-grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was removed from the article after the second edit?
2. What does Williams say she disagreed about racial preference being?
3. Whose arguments on affirmative action did Williams reject?
4. What does Williams say was the first racist attitude?
5. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)