|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 7, Fire and Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Williams say we should avoid neutrality?
(a) It embedded psychic taboos.
(b) African-Americans need to be favorites.
(c) It is not neutral.
(d) Minorities need to be favorites.
2. Who does Williams argue suffered under the then-current system?
(a) Rich and poor.
(b) The rich.
(d) The poor.
3. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
(d) Slave owner.
4. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
5. What did the contract Williams found relate to?
(a) Her car.
(b) Her mother's house.
(c) The ownership of her great-great-grandmother.
(d) Her ancestor's slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say recent affirmative action jurisprudence rejected?
2. How did the Jewish student deface the portrait in Williams' story?
3. What does Williams say her experience with the law review indicated?
4. What does Williams say happened to the Jewish student?
5. How does Williams describe as abstract law?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)