|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 7, Fire and Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conclusion does Williams say she drew from the incident at the store?
(a) Buzzers were useless.
(b) Guns should be controlled.
(c) Women were discriminated against.
(d) Racism was permissible.
2. What does Williams say the examples she gave in Part II, Chapter 4 illustrate?
(a) Racism among police officers.
(b) Unlawful African-Americans.
(c) The neutrality of the law.
(d) Strong segregationist instinct among whites.
3. What does Williams argue about the relation between property rights and family liberties African Americans endured under slavery?
(a) It disappeared in 1976.
(b) It is reversed today.
(c) It is still present in some countries.
(d) It still exists today.
4. What does Williams say was important for black students to do?
(a) Demand to be treated equally.
(b) Seek political offices.
(c) Vote and attend college.
(d) Not commit crimes.
5. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Williams say a friend of hers was held at gunpoint?
2. Who does Williams say was present in the store that refused her entry?
3. Whose arguments on affirmative action did Williams reject?
4. What does Williams say about black communities?
5. What does Williams say was an important form of oppression?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)