|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 7, Fire and Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say small businesses did in New York in the mid 80's according to Part I, Chapter3?
(a) They started refusing access to African-Americans.
(b) They installed buzzers at the door.
(c) They started arming their clerks.
(d) They started hiring private security.
2. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
(a) A consumer rights magazine.
(b) A Law Review.
(c) A church bulletin.
(d) An African-American journal.
3. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
(a) Slave owner.
4. What generalization does Williams say should be fought?
(a) White as racist.
(b) Black as perfect.
(c) Black as bad and white as good.
(d) Black as good and white as bad.
5. Where was Williams briefly detained?
(a) New York.
(d) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
2. What does Williams say recent affirmative action jurisprudence rejected?
3. What does Williams say some people claimed when she told her story about the store?
4. What answer did Williams give to the one who questioned her account in the book?
5. What does Williams say required enforced equality and affirmative action?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)