|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 9, Mirrors and Windows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Jewish student deface the portrait in Williams' story?
(a) He drew moustaches.
(b) He wrote "Hmm Hmm" on it.
(c) He drew glasses.
(d) He colored it black.
2. Whose portrait did the Jewish student in Williams' story deface?
(c) The President's.
(d) George Washington's.
3. What answer did Williams give to the one who questioned her account in the book?
(a) She gave the police report she filed.
(b) She didn't give any.
(c) She always tells the truth.
(d) She gave the address of the store.
4. Whose arguments on affirmative action did Williams reject?
(a) The 7th Court of Appeals.
(b) The Supreme Court.
(c) California Supreme Court.
(d) The 9th Court of Appeals.
5. Why did the conference remind Williams of Tawana Brawley?
(a) The conference was about white establishment.
(b) The conference was about rape.
(c) The conference was about underage drinking.
(d) The conference was about media relationships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Williams need help with in Part III, Chapter 9?
2. What does Williams say the liberal understand freedom as?
3. What does Williams argue replaced direct oppression of African-Americans?
4. What does Williams say was important for black students to do?
5. Who does Williams say strongly supported Tawana Brawley?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)