|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 9, Mirrors and Windows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conclusion does Williams say she drew from the incident at the store?
(a) Women were discriminated against.
(b) Guns should be controlled.
(c) Buzzers were useless.
(d) Racism was permissible.
2. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
(a) A church bulletin.
(b) A Law Review.
(c) A consumer rights magazine.
(d) An African-American journal.
3. What does Williams say some people asked when she told her story about the store?
(a) If she contacted the store.
(b) When it happened.
(c) Who the attendant was.
(d) If she was just privileging her own view.
4. Where did Tawana Brawley live in 1987?
(c) San Francisco.
5. Who did the black community fiercely criticize?
(a) White officers.
(b) The Mexican-American community.
(c) The media.
(d) The district attorney's officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say happened to the Jewish student?
2. What did Williams need help with in Part III, Chapter 9?
3. What generalization does Williams say should be fought?
4. What does Williams say small businesses did in New York in the mid 80's according to Part I, Chapter3?
5. Whose portrait did the Jewish student in Williams' story deface?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)