|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 9, Mirrors and Windows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say her experience with the law review indicated?
(a) Neutral neutrality.
(b) Racist neutrality.
(c) Neutrality of the old law.
(d) Liberal neutrality.
2. Who prevented Williams from entering the store in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) A white security guard.
(b) A black attendant.
(c) A white attendant.
(d) A Hispanic security guard.
3. What does Williams say neutral classifications do?
(a) Ignore women.
(b) Ignore race.
(d) Create racists.
4. Who questions Williams opinions at the start of Part II, Chapter 6?
(a) A student's parent.
(b) The dean.
(c) A student.
(d) A teacher.
5. What did the Tawana Brawley case come to represent according to Williams?
(a) Black manhood vs white justice.
(b) The plight of young women in the 1980's.
(d) Family violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Tawana Brawley in 1987?
2. What answer did Williams give to the one who questioned her account in the book?
3. What does Williams say was important for black students to do?
4. What generalization does Williams say should be fought?
5. What was removed from the article after the second edit?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)