|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 9, Mirrors and Windows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say was important for black students to do?
(a) Seek political offices.
(b) Demand to be treated equally.
(c) Vote and attend college.
(d) Not commit crimes.
2. Where did Tawana Brawley live in 1987?
(a) San Francisco.
3. What conference does Williams attend in Part III, Chapter 9?
(a) Sounds of Silence Conference.
(b) The African American rights conference.
(c) The ACLU conference.
(d) The NCCA conference.
4. What does Williams say her experience with the law review indicated?
(a) Racist neutrality.
(b) Neutral neutrality.
(c) Neutrality of the old law.
(d) Liberal neutrality.
5. What did Mike Tyson give Tawana Brawley?
(a) Tickets for his fights.
(b) A punch.
(c) Advice on cashing in on her situation.
(d) Self defense lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose arguments on affirmative action did Williams reject?
2. Whose portrait did the Jewish student in Williams' story deface?
3. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
4. What did the Tawana Brawley case come to represent according to Williams?
5. Who did the black community fiercely criticize?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)