|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 9, Mirrors and Windows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
2. What does Williams say small businesses did in New York in the mid 80's according to Part I, Chapter3?
(a) They started refusing access to African-Americans.
(b) They installed buzzers at the door.
(c) They started hiring private security.
(d) They started arming their clerks.
3. What did Williams need help with in Part III, Chapter 9?
(a) Making a point to her students.
(b) Dealing with racism.
(c) Grading her papers.
(d) Dealing with students.
4. What does Williams say was important for black students to do?
(a) Vote and attend college.
(b) Not commit crimes.
(c) Seek political offices.
(d) Demand to be treated equally.
5. What did Mike Tyson do that Williams says was unfair he was not despised for?
(a) Losing to a white boxer.
(c) Killing a tiger.
(d) Beating his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the conference remind Williams of Tawana Brawley?
2. Whose arguments on affirmative action did Williams reject?
3. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
4. How old was Tawana Brawley in 1987?
5. Who did the black community fiercely criticize?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)