|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 9, Mirrors and Windows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say some people claimed when she told her story about the store?
(a) She didn't present another opinion.
(b) She didn't ask why she was refused access.
(c) She didn't ask the man's name.
(d) They had similar stories.
2. What did the Tawana Brawley case come to represent according to Williams?
(a) The plight of young women in the 1980's.
(b) Black manhood vs white justice.
(d) Family violence.
3. What generalization does Williams say should be fought?
(a) White as racist.
(b) Black as good and white as bad.
(c) Black as bad and white as good.
(d) Black as perfect.
4. Whose arguments on affirmative action did Williams reject?
(a) California Supreme Court.
(b) The 7th Court of Appeals.
(c) The 9th Court of Appeals.
(d) The Supreme Court.
5. What does Williams say some people asked when she told her story about the store?
(a) When it happened.
(b) If she was just privileging her own view.
(c) If she contacted the store.
(d) Who the attendant was.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Tawana Brawley in 1987?
2. What does Williams say recent affirmative action jurisprudence rejected?
3. What was removed from the article after the second edit?
4. What two ideas of freedom does Williams mention in Part II, Chapter 6?
5. What did Mike Tyson do that Williams says was unfair he was not despised for?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)