|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 9, Mirrors and Windows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams argue replaced direct oppression of African-Americans?
(a) Their arrest.
(b) Their enslavement.
(c) Their omission.
(d) Their freedom.
2. How did the Jewish student deface the portrait in Williams' story?
(a) He colored it black.
(b) He drew moustaches.
(c) He wrote "Hmm Hmm" on it.
(d) He drew glasses.
3. What two ideas of freedom does Williams mention in Part II, Chapter 6?
(a) Liberal and racist.
(b) Liberal and leftist.
(c) Radical and Republican.
(d) Liberal and radical.
4. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
(a) Higher energy costs.
(b) Cheap labor.
(d) Crime fighting.
5. What does Williams say required enforced equality and affirmative action?
(b) A race neutral society.
(c) Democratic freedom.
(d) A lawful world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say there was a phantom of in neutrality?
2. Whose portrait did the Jewish student in Williams' story deface?
3. What does Williams say she had to fight over while being on a consumer protection board?
4. Who does Williams say was present in the store that refused her entry?
5. What does Williams say recent affirmative action jurisprudence rejected?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)