|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 9, Mirrors and Windows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was removed from the article after the second edit?
(a) Her name.
(b) The date it happened.
(c) The name of the store and her race.
(d) Her expression of rage
2. What did the Tawana Brawley case come to represent according to Williams?
(a) The plight of young women in the 1980's.
(c) Family violence.
(d) Black manhood vs white justice.
3. What does Williams criticize the increase focused on?
(a) Differences on college campuses.
(b) White women.
(c) Illegal immigrants.
4. Who did the black community fiercely criticize?
(a) The Mexican-American community.
(b) White officers.
(c) The media.
(d) The district attorney's officer.
5. How old was Tawana Brawley in 1987?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
2. What does Williams say the liberal understand freedom as?
3. Who does Williams say strongly supported Tawana Brawley?
4. Why does Williams say we should avoid neutrality?
5. What did Mike Tyson do that Williams says was unfair he was not despised for?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)