|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 9, Mirrors and Windows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the conference remind Williams of Tawana Brawley?
(a) The conference was about white establishment.
(b) The conference was about rape.
(c) The conference was about media relationships.
(d) The conference was about underage drinking.
2. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
(a) Cheap labor.
(b) Higher energy costs.
(c) Crime fighting.
3. What store was Williams prevented from entering?
4. Who prevented Williams from entering the store in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) A black attendant.
(b) A Hispanic security guard.
(c) A white security guard.
(d) A white attendant.
5. What did Mike Tyson give Tawana Brawley?
(a) Self defense lessons.
(b) Tickets for his fights.
(c) Advice on cashing in on her situation.
(d) A punch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose arguments on affirmative action did Williams reject?
2. What does Williams criticize the increase focused on?
3. What does Williams say her experience with the law review indicated?
4. Whose portrait did the Jewish student in Williams' story deface?
5. What did Williams use her story about the store to illustrate?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)