|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 9, Mirrors and Windows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say happened to the Jewish student?
(a) He was expelled.
(b) He was prosecuted.
(c) He was not penalized.
(d) He was beaten up.
2. Who did the black community fiercely criticize?
(a) White officers.
(b) The district attorney's officer.
(c) The media.
(d) The Mexican-American community.
3. Who prevented Williams from entering the store in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) A Hispanic security guard.
(b) A white attendant.
(c) A white security guard.
(d) A black attendant.
4. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
(a) Cheap labor.
(b) Higher energy costs.
(c) Crime fighting.
5. What does Williams argue affirmative action should be protected as?
Short Answer Questions
1. What answer was Williams given by those she asked for help?
2. What does Williams say her experience with the law review indicated?
3. Why did the conference remind Williams of Tawana Brawley?
4. What does Williams say was important for black students to do?
5. What did Mike Tyson give Tawana Brawley?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)