|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 9, Mirrors and Windows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose portrait did the Jewish student in Williams' story deface?
(a) George Washington's.
(d) The President's.
2. What does Williams say she disagreed about racial preference being?
(b) A thing of the past.
(c) A slippery slope.
3. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
(a) She was singled out for being a woman.
(b) She made things up.
(c) She did not know why she was refused access.
(d) She unfairly puts the salesman on trial.
4. What does Williams criticize the increase focused on?
(a) Illegal immigrants.
(c) White women.
(d) Differences on college campuses.
5. What does Williams say added complexities to her opinions?
(d) Her student's opinions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say happened to the Jewish student?
2. What answer did Williams give to the one who questioned her account in the book?
3. What was removed from the article Williams wrote after the first edit?
4. What two ideas of freedom does Williams mention in Part II, Chapter 6?
5. What generalization does Williams say should be fought?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)