|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 9, Mirrors and Windows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conference does Williams attend in Part III, Chapter 9?
(a) Sounds of Silence Conference.
(b) The NCCA conference.
(c) The ACLU conference.
(d) The African American rights conference.
2. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
(a) She was singled out for being a woman.
(b) She made things up.
(c) She did not know why she was refused access.
(d) She unfairly puts the salesman on trial.
3. Who does Williams say strongly supported Tawana Brawley?
(a) White police officers.
(b) The black community.
(c) The media.
4. What does Williams say some people claimed when she told her story about the store?
(a) She didn't present another opinion.
(b) They had similar stories.
(c) She didn't ask why she was refused access.
(d) She didn't ask the man's name.
5. What does Williams say her experience with the law review indicated?
(a) Neutral neutrality.
(b) Liberal neutrality.
(c) Racist neutrality.
(d) Neutrality of the old law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say was important for black students to do?
2. What generalization does Williams say should be fought?
3. What does Williams criticize the increase focused on?
4. What does Williams say happened to the Jewish student?
5. What was removed from the article after the second edit?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)