|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 9, Mirrors and Windows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mike Tyson do that Williams says was unfair he was not despised for?
(b) Losing to a white boxer.
(c) Beating his wife.
(d) Killing a tiger.
2. What did the Tawana Brawley case come to represent according to Williams?
(b) Black manhood vs white justice.
(c) The plight of young women in the 1980's.
(d) Family violence.
3. What does Williams say the liberal understand freedom as?
(a) Freedom of association.
(b) The right to bear arms.
(c) Freedom of religion.
(d) Freedom of speech.
4. Who prevented Williams from entering the store in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) A white attendant.
(b) A white security guard.
(c) A Hispanic security guard.
(d) A black attendant.
5. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
(a) She unfairly puts the salesman on trial.
(b) She was singled out for being a woman.
(c) She did not know why she was refused access.
(d) She made things up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was removed from the article Williams wrote after the first edit?
2. What did Williams think the attitude of those she asked for help betrayed?
3. What generalization does Williams say should be fought?
4. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
5. What policy does Williams say she supported?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)