|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 9, Mirrors and Windows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Williams say was present in the store that refused her entry?
(a) Black women.
(b) It was empty.
(c) White women.
(d) White men.
2. What did Williams need help with in Part III, Chapter 9?
(a) Grading her papers.
(b) Dealing with students.
(c) Dealing with racism.
(d) Making a point to her students.
3. How old was Tawana Brawley in 1987?
4. What does Williams say small businesses did in New York in the mid 80's according to Part I, Chapter3?
(a) They installed buzzers at the door.
(b) They started refusing access to African-Americans.
(c) They started arming their clerks.
(d) They started hiring private security.
5. What was removed from the article after the second edit?
(a) Her name.
(b) The date it happened.
(c) The name of the store and her race.
(d) Her expression of rage
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams argue replaced direct oppression of African-Americans?
2. What does Williams say neutral classifications do?
3. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
4. What does Williams say the liberal understand freedom as?
5. Whose arguments on affirmative action did Williams reject?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)