|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 9, Mirrors and Windows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What store was Williams prevented from entering?
2. Who did Williams write an article for about her being prevented from entering the store?
(a) An African-American journal.
(b) A church bulletin.
(c) A consumer rights magazine.
(d) A Law Review.
3. Who prevented Williams from entering the store in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) A Hispanic security guard.
(b) A white security guard.
(c) A white attendant.
(d) A black attendant.
4. What does Williams say the liberal understand freedom as?
(a) Freedom of religion.
(b) Freedom of association.
(c) Freedom of speech.
(d) The right to bear arms.
5. What does Williams say neutral classifications do?
(b) Ignore women.
(c) Create racists.
(d) Ignore race.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say she disagreed about racial preference being?
2. Who does Williams say strongly supported Tawana Brawley?
3. What was removed from the article Williams wrote after the first edit?
4. Whose portrait did the Jewish student in Williams' story deface?
5. What does Williams say her experience with the law review indicated?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)