|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 9, Mirrors and Windows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conclusion does Williams say she drew from the incident at the store?
(a) Buzzers were useless.
(b) Guns should be controlled.
(c) Racism was permissible.
(d) Women were discriminated against.
2. What was removed from the article after the second edit?
(a) The name of the store and her race.
(b) Her name.
(c) The date it happened.
(d) Her expression of rage
3. What did Mike Tyson give Tawana Brawley?
(a) Tickets for his fights.
(b) A punch.
(c) Self defense lessons.
(d) Advice on cashing in on her situation.
4. What conference does Williams attend in Part III, Chapter 9?
(a) The ACLU conference.
(b) Sounds of Silence Conference.
(c) The NCCA conference.
(d) The African American rights conference.
5. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
(a) She made things up.
(b) She did not know why she was refused access.
(c) She was singled out for being a woman.
(d) She unfairly puts the salesman on trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What answer did Williams give to the one who questioned her account in the book?
2. Why did the conference remind Williams of Tawana Brawley?
3. What does Williams say recent affirmative action jurisprudence rejected?
4. Who questions Williams opinions at the start of Part II, Chapter 6?
5. What does Williams say she had to fight over while being on a consumer protection board?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)