|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 9, Mirrors and Windows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Williams say strongly supported Tawana Brawley?
(a) The media.
(c) The black community.
(d) White police officers.
2. What did Williams think the attitude of those she asked for help betrayed?
(a) Their sexism.
(b) The seriousness of racism.
(c) Their lack of respect for her.
(d) Their lack of commitment to the faculty.
3. What did the Tawana Brawley case come to represent according to Williams?
(a) The plight of young women in the 1980's.
(b) Family violence.
(c) Black manhood vs white justice.
4. What answer was Williams given by those she asked for help?
(a) Thet she needed to file the proper paperwork.
(b) That she was not faculty yet.
(c) That she couldn't get help.
(d) To laugh it off.
5. What did Mike Tyson give Tawana Brawley?
(a) Advice on cashing in on her situation.
(b) A punch.
(c) Tickets for his fights.
(d) Self defense lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams criticize the increase focused on?
2. What did Williams need help with in Part III, Chapter 9?
3. What policy does Williams say she supported?
4. What does Williams argue replaced direct oppression of African-Americans?
5. Who questions Williams opinions at the start of Part II, Chapter 6?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)