|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 9, Mirrors and Windows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say added complexities to her opinions?
(a) Her student's opinions.
2. What does Williams say the liberal understand freedom as?
(a) Freedom of association.
(b) Freedom of religion.
(c) The right to bear arms.
(d) Freedom of speech.
3. What does Williams argue replaced direct oppression of African-Americans?
(a) Their freedom.
(b) Their enslavement.
(c) Their omission.
(d) Their arrest.
4. Who prevented Williams from entering the store in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) A white attendant.
(b) A white security guard.
(c) A black attendant.
(d) A Hispanic security guard.
5. What did Williams need help with in Part III, Chapter 9?
(a) Dealing with students.
(b) Making a point to her students.
(c) Grading her papers.
(d) Dealing with racism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say required enforced equality and affirmative action?
2. What was removed from the article after the second edit?
3. What does Williams criticize the increase focused on?
4. What does Williams say was important for black students to do?
5. What did Williams use her story about the store to illustrate?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)