|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 9, Mirrors and Windows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams criticize the increase focused on?
(a) Differences on college campuses.
(b) White women.
(d) Illegal immigrants.
2. What store was Williams prevented from entering?
3. What does Williams say required enforced equality and affirmative action?
(a) A lawful world.
(b) A race neutral society.
(d) Democratic freedom.
4. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
(b) Crime fighting.
(c) Cheap labor.
(d) Higher energy costs.
5. What was removed from the article Williams wrote after the first edit?
(a) Her expression of rage.
(b) Her race.
(c) The date it happened.
(d) The name of the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Jewish student deface the portrait in Williams' story?
2. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
3. What does Williams say small businesses did in New York in the mid 80's according to Part I, Chapter3?
4. What generalization does Williams say should be fought?
5. What does Williams say happened to the Jewish student?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)