|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
(a) She dies.
(b) He believes her interpretation of the dream.
(c) He only had to pay her a small fee.
(d) He does not have to pay her.
2. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
(a) The possibility of traveling the world.
(b) The possibility of having a dream come true.
(c) The possibility of being a shepherd.
(d) The possibility of meeting the merchant's daughter.
3. What is Santiago looking for in his dream that he never finds?
(a) The king.
(b) Hidden treasure.
(c) His life's desire.
(d) A woman.
4. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
5. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
(a) To go to Egypt.
(b) To make crystals.
(c) To buy a new herd of sheep.
(d) To become a shop owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Santiago not have left after his interaction with the boy in Part 2?
2. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
3. With the money Santiago has earned working for the merchant in Part 3, how many sheep should Santiago be able to purchase?
4. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
5. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the crystal merchant tell Santiago he is obligated to do as a Muslim?
2. What does Santiago reflect upon in Part 1 regarding to the sheep?
3. How does Santiago travel to the Egyptian pyramids after leaving the crystal merchant's shop?
4. Why is Santiago disappointed in the gypsy's reading?
5. What does Santiago decide in Part 2 is holding him back from reaching his destiny?
6. What does Santiago learn to listen to as he travels with the caravan?
7. How does Santiago spend his time before he falls asleep on the old abandoned church floor?
8. In Part 2, what intensifies as Santiago debates whether to stay with his flock or continue on to Egypt?
9. At the beginning of Part 2, why is Santiago annoyed?
10. What does the old man confirm after Santiago has sold his flock?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)