|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the caravan traveling in Part 3?
(a) Across the sea.
(b) Across Africa.
(c) Across the Sahara.
(d) Across Spain.
2. Where does Santiago get three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) From his father.
(b) From the gypsy.
(c) From the field.
(d) From his mother.
3. Where does the old man tell Santiago that his treasure can be found?
(a) In the oasis.
(b) With the beautiful girl.
(c) The Egyptian pyramids.
(d) At home.
4. Which of the following does Santiago not have left after his interaction with the boy in Part 2?
(a) Two stones.
5. How much of his flock does Santiago's friend buy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
2. What language does Santiago learn while working for the merchant in Part 3?
3. How old is the alchemist supposed to be?
4. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
5. What does the old man advise Santiago to follow?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what does the crystal merchant need to reflect before he decides?
2. What does the crystal merchant tell Santiago he is obligated to do as a Muslim?
3. What does Santiago decide in Part 2 is holding him back from reaching his destiny?
4. In regard to traveling, what is Santiago's father sure?
5. How does the crystal merchant feel about Santiago leaving?
6. What does Santiago learn to listen to as he travels with the caravan?
7. What advice does Santiago's father share with him after Santiago describes his dream to travel and see the world?
8. Why is Santiago disappointed in the gypsy's reading?
9. How does Santiago think in Part 2 he can get the money to buy a ticket to Africa?
10. Why did Santiago's parents send him to study at the seminary?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)