|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Santiago get his first a job on his journey?
(a) With a camel salesman.
(b) Herding sheep.
(c) With a crystal merchant.
(d) With a ticket salesman.
2. What does the Englishman want the alchemist to teach him?
(a) How to find positive omens.
(b) How to survive in the desert.
(c) How to turn lead into gold.
(d) How to make the Elixir of Life.
3. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) Travels to the town of Andalusia.
(b) Buys land to farm near his father.
(c) Travels the world.
(d) Buys a flock of sheep.
4. What does the Englishman in Part 3 believe in that Santiago also believes?
(c) Muslim beliefs.
5. What does the old man says that conspires to see that people really get what they want?
(a) The Universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy in Part 2 tell Santiago he must buy in order to travel?
2. Who visits Santiago in his dreams?
3. How old is the alchemist supposed to be?
4. About how long after Santiago builds something for the crystal merchant does Santiago believe it will take him to earn enough money to return home?
5. What does Santiago want to do with the money he earns by working for a merchant?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of the book, how long has it been since Santiago saw the merchant's daughter?
2. What does Santiago reflect upon in Part 1 regarding to the sheep?
3. What does the boy about his own age offer to help Santiago with?
4. Why did Santiago's parents send him to study at the seminary?
5. How does the crystal merchant feel about Santiago leaving?
6. How much money has Santiago earned by the time he is ready to leave the crystal merchant's shop?
7. How does Santiago travel to the Egyptian pyramids after leaving the crystal merchant's shop?
8. How does Santiago think in Part 2 he can get the money to buy a ticket to Africa?
9. At the beginning of Part 2, why is Santiago annoyed?
10. What does Santiago see in his father's eyes?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)