|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character of this novel?
2. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
3. What is there increasing talk about throughout the caravan?
(a) War between Egypt and Spain.
(b) War between members of the caravan.
(c) Thieves and robbers coming to attack the caravan.
(d) War between the desert tribes.
4. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
(a) Helps a merchant assemble his stall.
(b) Tries to find money to buy a new ticket to Africa.
(c) Searches for the other boy.
(d) Looks for the old man.
5. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
(a) Runs errands.
(b) Goes back to his flock.
(c) Talks to the king.
(d) Goes to find the merchant's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Santiago not have left after his interaction with the boy in Part 2?
2. Where does Santiago get his first a job on his journey?
3. What port town does Santiago leave from in Part 2?
4. In Part 1, what does Santiago want to do with his life?
5. How large is the caravan Santiago is on in Part 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 2, why is Santiago annoyed?
2. Why did Santiago's parents send him to study at the seminary?
3. What does Santiago reflect upon in Part 1 regarding to the sheep?
4. What does Santiago decide in Part 2 is holding him back from reaching his destiny?
5. What does the old man advise Santiago to follow?
6. How does Santiago think in Part 2 he can get the money to buy a ticket to Africa?
7. What is the outcome of the display case Santiago builds in Part 3?
8. How does the crystal merchant feel about Santiago leaving?
9. What does the principle of favorability create according to the old man?
10. In regard to traveling, what is Santiago's father sure?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)