|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the alchemist supposed to be?
(a) 90 years old.
(b) 200 years old.
(c) 300 years old.
(d) 100 years old.
2. What is the Englishman in Part 3 looking for?
(c) An alchemist.
3. With the money Santiago has earned working for the merchant in Part 3, how many sheep should Santiago be able to purchase?
(a) Half of the amount.
(b) Twice the amount.
(c) Three times the amount.
(d) The same amount.
4. What fear does the crystal merchant have about Santiago's second suggestion of how to improve his business?
(a) He will be unable to make what Santiago suggests.
(c) People will get sick.
(d) He will have to expand his business.
5. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
Short Answer Questions
1. What payment does the individual Santiago visits in Part 1 demand for the service she provided him?
2. What does the old man says that conspires to see that people really get what they want?
3. Where does Santiago get his first a job on his journey?
4. What comforts Santiago after he is taken advantage of in Part 2?
5. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. In regard to traveling, what is Santiago's father sure?
2. After Santiago gives one-tenth of his sheep to the old man, what happens to the remainder of his flock?
3. What does Santiago reflect upon in Part 1 regarding to the sheep?
4. Why doesn't Santiago buy a ticket to the Egyptian pyramids?
5. How does Santiago travel to the Egyptian pyramids after leaving the crystal merchant's shop?
6. What does Santiago see in his father's eyes?
7. What does the principle of favorability create according to the old man?
8. How does the crystal merchant feel about Santiago leaving?
9. What does the old man advise Santiago to follow?
10. What does Santiago learn to listen to as he travels with the caravan?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)