|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
(a) Looks for the old man.
(b) Searches for the other boy.
(c) Helps a merchant assemble his stall.
(d) Tries to find money to buy a new ticket to Africa.
2. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
3. What ultimately happens to the money Santiago had from selling his flock?
(a) He gives it to the crystal maker.
(b) He loses it and cannot find it.
(c) It is stolen by the old man.
(d) It is stolen by the boy.
4. Who visits Santiago in his dreams?
(a) A child.
(b) His father.
(c) A king.
(d) An old man.
5. What is Santiago's second suggestion to improve the crystal merchant's business?
(a) Crystals with omens inside.
(b) Tea and cookies.
(c) Crystal glasses with tea in them.
(d) Crystal glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
2. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
3. What principles does the old man tell Santiago about which create luck?
4. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
5. How large is the caravan Santiago is on in Part 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the principle of favorability create according to the old man?
2. What does Santiago tell his heart in Part 6?
3. What does Santiago conclude after he awakes from his silent meditation in Part 7?
4. On what does the crystal merchant need to reflect before he decides?
5. What does the Alchemist say needs to happen in order for them to realize their destiny?
6. Who/what does the sun tell Santiago to talk to?
7. What do the tribesmen think Santiago is?
8. How does Santiago propose one should learn about the universal language?
9. What does the old man confirm after Santiago has sold his flock?
10. What does Santiago learn to listen to as he travels with the caravan?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)