|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How large is the caravan Santiago is on in Part 3?
(a) Thousands of people and animals.
(b) Hundreds of people only.
(c) Hundreds of people and animals.
(d) Dozens of people and animals.
2. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
3. Where is the caravan traveling in Part 3?
(a) Across the sea.
(b) Across Spain.
(c) Across the Sahara.
(d) Across Africa.
4. Which of the following does Santiago not have left after his interaction with the boy in Part 2?
(b) Two stones.
5. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
(a) The possibility of being a shepherd.
(b) The possibility of meeting the merchant's daughter.
(c) The possibility of having a dream come true.
(d) The possibility of traveling the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
2. What is the payment Santiago expects for completing his first job on his journey?
3. Which of the follow is not something Santiago decides is a step on the way to his destiny?
4. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
5. About how long after Santiago builds something for the crystal merchant does Santiago believe it will take him to earn enough money to return home?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of the book, how long has it been since Santiago saw the merchant's daughter?
2. How does Santiago spend his time before he falls asleep on the old abandoned church floor?
3. What does the old man confirm after Santiago has sold his flock?
4. What does Santiago reflect upon in Part 1 regarding to the sheep?
5. In Part 2, what intensifies as Santiago debates whether to stay with his flock or continue on to Egypt?
6. How does Santiago earn money from the crystal merchant?
7. What does Santiago decide in Part 2 is holding him back from reaching his destiny?
8. How does Santiago think in Part 2 he can get the money to buy a ticket to Africa?
9. At the beginning of Part 2, why is Santiago annoyed?
10. What does the principle of favorability create according to the old man?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)