|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man says that conspires to see that people really get what they want?
(a) The Universe.
2. What does the Englishman say it is called when people are engaged in an activity with all of their heart?
(a) Heart of the soul.
(b) Soul of the world.
(c) Heart of the world.
(d) Soul of the heart.
3. What does Santiago think the object he offered to build the crystal merchant will do?
(a) Attract more customers.
(b) Double the size of his shop.
(c) Provide better displaying of the crystal.
(d) Cool off the shop.
4. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
(a) The old man was right.
(b) The old man didn't give him any useful information.
(c) The old man was wrong.
(d) The old man did not give him money.
5. What demand does the king have if Santiago is serious about learning more about his hidden treasure?
(a) One half of his treasure.
(b) One tenth of his flock.
(c) One tenth of his treasure.
(d) One half of his flock.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
2. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
3. What does the Englishman want the alchemist to teach him?
4. What does Santiago offer to build for the crystal merchant?
5. What language does Santiago learn while working for the merchant in Part 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the old man advise Santiago to follow?
2. What does the crystal merchant tell Santiago he is obligated to do as a Muslim?
3. After Santiago gives one-tenth of his sheep to the old man, what happens to the remainder of his flock?
4. Who are the only people that Santiago's father say are able to travel?
5. What does Santiago decide in Part 2 is holding him back from reaching his destiny?
6. In regard to traveling, what is Santiago's father sure?
7. How does Santiago spend his time before he falls asleep on the old abandoned church floor?
8. How much money has Santiago earned by the time he is ready to leave the crystal merchant's shop?
9. How does Santiago earn money from the crystal merchant?
10. How does Santiago travel to the Egyptian pyramids after leaving the crystal merchant's shop?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)