|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comforts Santiago after he is taken advantage of in Part 2?
(a) The two stones.
(b) The beautiful girl.
(c) The gypsy.
(d) His book.
2. What fear does the crystal merchant have about Santiago's second suggestion of how to improve his business?
(a) He will have to expand his business.
(b) He will be unable to make what Santiago suggests.
(d) People will get sick.
3. What does Santiago think the object he offered to build the crystal merchant will do?
(a) Cool off the shop.
(b) Provide better displaying of the crystal.
(c) Double the size of his shop.
(d) Attract more customers.
4. What regular job does Santiago eventually acquire in Part 2?
(a) Making crystals.
(b) Washing windows.
(c) Cleaning the crystal.
(d) Running errands.
5. Where does Santiago get three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) From the gypsy.
(b) From the field.
(c) From his father.
(d) From his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his first job is complete in Part 2, what is Santiago offered?
2. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
3. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
4. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
5. What principles does the old man tell Santiago about which create luck?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Santiago's parents send him to study at the seminary?
2. How much money has Santiago earned by the time he is ready to leave the crystal merchant's shop?
3. What does the old man advise Santiago to follow?
4. In regard to traveling, what is Santiago's father sure?
5. In Part 2, what intensifies as Santiago debates whether to stay with his flock or continue on to Egypt?
6. What does the old man confirm after Santiago has sold his flock?
7. What does Santiago see in his father's eyes?
8. What does Santiago learn to listen to as he travels with the caravan?
9. Why doesn't Santiago buy a ticket to the Egyptian pyramids?
10. What does the boy about his own age offer to help Santiago with?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)