|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Santiago's second suggestion to improve the crystal merchant's business?
(a) Crystals with omens inside.
(b) Crystal glasses with tea in them.
(c) Crystal glasses.
(d) Tea and cookies.
2. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
(a) Looks for the old man.
(b) Helps a merchant assemble his stall.
(c) Tries to find money to buy a new ticket to Africa.
(d) Searches for the other boy.
3. Why does the Englishman say the alchemist is able to live so long?
(a) The omens.
(b) He is rich.
(c) The protection of the crystals.
(d) The Elixir of Life.
4. What happens to Santiago's money in Part 2?
(a) He gives it to the crystal maker.
(b) He gives it to the old man.
(c) He buys two camels with it.
(d) He gives it to the boy.
5. According to the crystal merchant, where are Muslims obligated to visit?
(b) Egyptian pyramids.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the main character been doing his job in Part 1?
2. How old is the alchemist supposed to be?
3. Where is the caravan traveling in Part 3?
4. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
5. About how long does it take to determine if the object Santiago makes the crystal merchant is a big success?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what does the crystal merchant need to reflect before he decides?
2. What does Santiago learn to listen to as he travels with the caravan?
3. What does the crystal merchant tell Santiago he is obligated to do as a Muslim?
4. How does Santiago spend his time before he falls asleep on the old abandoned church floor?
5. How does Santiago travel to the Egyptian pyramids after leaving the crystal merchant's shop?
6. What does the principle of favorability create according to the old man?
7. In regard to traveling, what is Santiago's father sure?
8. What does Santiago see in his father's eyes?
9. How does Santiago think in Part 2 he can get the money to buy a ticket to Africa?
10. How does Santiago earn money from the crystal merchant?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)