|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago think the object he offered to build the crystal merchant will do?
(a) Double the size of his shop.
(b) Cool off the shop.
(c) Provide better displaying of the crystal.
(d) Attract more customers.
2. Who is the main character of this novel?
3. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
4. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
5. What does the Englishman in Part 3 believe in that Santiago also believes?
(c) Muslim beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is there increasing talk about throughout the caravan?
2. What are the names of the stones Santiago carries in Part 2?
3. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
4. What does the Englishman say it is called when people are engaged in an activity with all of their heart?
5. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Santiago think in Part 2 he can get the money to buy a ticket to Africa?
2. How much money has Santiago earned by the time he is ready to leave the crystal merchant's shop?
3. In regard to traveling, what is Santiago's father sure?
4. What is the outcome of the display case Santiago builds in Part 3?
5. What does Santiago see in his father's eyes?
6. At the beginning of Part 2, why is Santiago annoyed?
7. At the beginning of the book, how long has it been since Santiago saw the merchant's daughter?
8. After Santiago gives one-tenth of his sheep to the old man, what happens to the remainder of his flock?
9. What advice does Santiago's father share with him after Santiago describes his dream to travel and see the world?
10. How does Santiago earn money from the crystal merchant?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)