|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Santiago's first job on his journey?
(a) Selling tickets.
(b) Cleaning up after camels.
(c) Creating crystals.
(d) Cleaning windows.
2. Where does Santiago get his first a job on his journey?
(a) Herding sheep.
(b) With a camel salesman.
(c) With a crystal merchant.
(d) With a ticket salesman.
3. What does the old man advise Santiago to follow?
4. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
(a) The merchant's daughter.
(b) The Egyptian pyramids.
(c) The alchemist.
(d) The gypsy.
5. Where is the caravan traveling in Part 3?
(a) Across the sea.
(b) Across the Sahara.
(c) Across Spain.
(d) Across Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Englishman say the alchemist is able to live so long?
2. How much of his flock does Santiago's friend buy?
3. How old is the alchemist supposed to be?
4. What port town does Santiago leave from in Part 2?
5. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
Short Essay Questions
1. In regard to traveling, what is Santiago's father sure?
2. What does the crystal merchant tell Santiago he is obligated to do as a Muslim?
3. On what does the crystal merchant need to reflect before he decides?
4. Why did Santiago's parents send him to study at the seminary?
5. At the beginning of the book, how long has it been since Santiago saw the merchant's daughter?
6. What does Santiago learn to accept as he is crossing the desert in Part 6?
7. What conclusion does Santiago make about all of the information he reads in the Englishman's books?
8. What is the vision which Santiago has at the end of Part 4?
9. How does Santiago travel to the Egyptian pyramids after leaving the crystal merchant's shop?
10. Why did the refugee tell Santiago of his recurring dream?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)