|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
(a) One month.
(b) One day.
(c) More than a year.
(d) More than two years.
2. What does Santiago want to do with the money he earns by working for a merchant?
(a) Start his own crystal shop.
(b) Go home and work for his father.
(c) Buy a new flock of sheep.
(d) Go to Egypt.
3. What warning does the caravan leader give to Santiago and the others?
(a) In the desert, you must obey the camels.
(b) In the caravan, disobedience means death.
(c) In the caravan, you must obey the Bedouins.
(d) In the desert, disobedience means death.
4. Why does the Englishman say the alchemist is able to live so long?
(a) The protection of the crystals.
(b) He is rich.
(c) The Elixir of Life.
(d) The omens.
5. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
2. Where does Santiago get three ancient Spanish gold coins?
3. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
4. What is the Englishman in Part 3 looking for?
5. Where does Santiago get his first a job on his journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Santiago see in his father's eyes?
2. What is the Alchemist testing when Santiago encounters him after leaving the chieftain?
3. Why does the tribal chief order the members to carry weapons?
4. Santiago realizes that both he and the Englishman are seeking their destinies. How does their process differ?
5. In Part 6, what does Santiago promise his heart?
6. What do the sun and Santiago talk about?
7. What does the principle of favorability create according to the old man?
8. What does the tribal chief assure Santiago that the tribe always does?
9. What do Santiago and the Alchemist discuss at the beginning of their journey in Part 6?
10. What is the vision which Santiago has at the end of Part 4?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)