|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comforts Santiago after he is taken advantage of in Part 2?
(a) The gypsy.
(b) The two stones.
(c) The beautiful girl.
(d) His book.
2. What ultimately happens to the money Santiago had from selling his flock?
(a) It is stolen by the old man.
(b) He gives it to the crystal maker.
(c) It is stolen by the boy.
(d) He loses it and cannot find it.
3. What fields does Santiago travel with his flock of animals?
(a) His father's.
(b) The Seminary's.
(c) The gypsy's.
4. The first time Santiago approaches the ticket window, what does he leave with?
(a) A ticket to Africa.
(c) More sheep to herd.
5. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
(a) She dies.
(b) He only had to pay her a small fee.
(c) He believes her interpretation of the dream.
(d) He does not have to pay her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Englishman in Part 3 believe in that Santiago also believes?
2. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
3. According to the crystal merchant, where are Muslims obligated to visit?
4. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
5. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Santiago see in his father's eyes?
2. Why doesn't Santiago buy a ticket to the Egyptian pyramids?
3. Why did Santiago's parents send him to study at the seminary?
4. In Part 2, what intensifies as Santiago debates whether to stay with his flock or continue on to Egypt?
5. What does the principle of favorability create according to the old man?
6. After Santiago gives one-tenth of his sheep to the old man, what happens to the remainder of his flock?
7. How does Santiago earn money from the crystal merchant?
8. What does the old man advise Santiago to follow?
9. What does the old man confirm after Santiago has sold his flock?
10. Why is Santiago disappointed in the gypsy's reading?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)