|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alone will not suffice, according to the Englishman, to make it across the desert?
(a) Good luck crystals.
(b) A caravan.
(c) Omen belief.
(d) Personal courage.
2. What does the old man says that conspires to see that people really get what they want?
(c) The Universe.
3. Where does Santiago get three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) From his mother.
(b) From the field.
(c) From his father.
(d) From the gypsy.
4. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) Buys a flock of sheep.
(b) Travels the world.
(c) Travels to the town of Andalusia.
(d) Buys land to farm near his father.
5. What does Santiago want to do with the money he earns by working for a merchant?
(a) Start his own crystal shop.
(b) Go home and work for his father.
(c) Go to Egypt.
(d) Buy a new flock of sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
2. How long has the main character been doing his job in Part 1?
3. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
4. Who rides to join the caravan periodically and warns of dangers ahead?
5. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)