|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago offer to build for the crystal merchant?
(a) An outside display case.
(b) A place to keep sheep.
(c) New crystals.
(d) A tea stand.
2. What does Santiago think the object he offered to build the crystal merchant will do?
(a) Double the size of his shop.
(b) Cool off the shop.
(c) Attract more customers.
(d) Provide better displaying of the crystal.
3. How large is the caravan Santiago is on in Part 3?
(a) Dozens of people and animals.
(b) Hundreds of people and animals.
(c) Thousands of people and animals.
(d) Hundreds of people only.
4. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) Buys a flock of sheep.
(b) Buys land to farm near his father.
(c) Travels to the town of Andalusia.
(d) Travels the world.
5. What is Santiago's first job on his journey?
(a) Cleaning windows.
(b) Cleaning up after camels.
(c) Creating crystals.
(d) Selling tickets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of his flock does Santiago's friend buy?
2. Why does the Englishman say the alchemist is able to live so long?
3. What is the payment Santiago expects for completing his first job on his journey?
4. Why does the crystal merchant take awhile to decide whether or not to allow Santiago to make the object Santiago offered to make?
5. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)