|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
(a) At the gypsy's home.
(b) On a bench in the plaza.
(c) At the house of the merchant's daughter.
(d) In the field with his sheep.
2. What are the names of the stones Santiago carries in Part 2?
(a) Omen and Gypsy.
(b) Gypsy and Thummim.
(c) Urim and Thummim.
(d) Urim and Omen.
3. What does the boy in Part 2 tell Santiago he must buy in order to travel?
(a) Two stones.
(b) A ticket on the boat.
(c) Two camels.
(d) Two crystals.
4. What does the Englishman in Part 3 believe in that Santiago also believes?
(d) Muslim beliefs.
5. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
(a) The Egyptian pyramids.
(b) The gypsy.
(c) The merchant's daughter.
(d) The alchemist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character of this novel?
2. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
3. What is Santiago's second suggestion to improve the crystal merchant's business?
4. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
5. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)