|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
(a) Searches for the other boy.
(b) Looks for the old man.
(c) Helps a merchant assemble his stall.
(d) Tries to find money to buy a new ticket to Africa.
2. How many golden coins does Santiago's father find in the field?
3. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
(a) A gypsy's caravan.
(b) The church where he learned the seminary skills.
(c) An abandoned church.
(d) The merchant's store.
4. Where does Santiago get his first a job on his journey?
(a) With a ticket salesman.
(b) With a crystal merchant.
(c) Herding sheep.
(d) With a camel salesman.
5. Why does the crystal merchant take awhile to decide whether or not to allow Santiago to make the object Santiago offered to make?
(a) He needs to keep his crystal in his shop.
(b) He does not like change.
(c) He is afraid of thieves.
(d) He cannot afford it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What port town does Santiago leave from in Part 2?
2. Where does the old man tell Santiago that his treasure can be found?
3. After his first job is complete in Part 2, what is Santiago offered?
4. What is Santiago's first job on his journey?
5. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)