|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
(a) To go to Egypt.
(b) To make crystals.
(c) To become a shop owner.
(d) To buy a new herd of sheep.
2. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
3. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
(a) The merchant's store.
(b) The church where he learned the seminary skills.
(c) A gypsy's caravan.
(d) An abandoned church.
4. What is Santiago's first job on his journey?
(a) Cleaning windows.
(b) Cleaning up after camels.
(c) Selling tickets.
(d) Creating crystals.
5. Where does Santiago sleep after being robbed?
(a) In the fields with his sheep.
(b) At the old man's house.
(c) The boat.
(d) The marketplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Santiago looking for in his dream that he never finds?
2. About how long does it take to determine if the object Santiago makes the crystal merchant is a big success?
3. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
4. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
5. With the money Santiago has earned working for the merchant in Part 3, how many sheep should Santiago be able to purchase?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)