|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
(a) In the field with his sheep.
(b) At the gypsy's home.
(c) At the house of the merchant's daughter.
(d) On a bench in the plaza.
2. What fear does the crystal merchant have about Santiago's second suggestion of how to improve his business?
(a) He will be unable to make what Santiago suggests.
(b) People will get sick.
(c) He will have to expand his business.
3. Who is the main character of this novel?
4. How long has the main character been doing his job in Part 1?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 3 years.
5. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
(a) Looks for the old man.
(b) Helps a merchant assemble his stall.
(c) Tries to find money to buy a new ticket to Africa.
(d) Searches for the other boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
2. Where does Santiago get his first a job on his journey?
3. What does Santiago offer to build for the crystal merchant?
4. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
5. How does the decision to not return home in Part 3 make Santiago feel?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)