|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
(a) In the field with his sheep.
(b) At the gypsy's home.
(c) On a bench in the plaza.
(d) At the house of the merchant's daughter.
2. Which of the following characters does not meet with Santiago during Part 1 of the novel?
(a) The alchemist.
(b) Santiago's father.
(c) The king.
(d) The gypsy.
3. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) Travels the world.
(b) Buys land to farm near his father.
(c) Travels to the town of Andalusia.
(d) Buys a flock of sheep.
4. What is Santiago's second suggestion to improve the crystal merchant's business?
(a) Crystals with omens inside.
(b) Crystal glasses.
(c) Tea and cookies.
(d) Crystal glasses with tea in them.
5. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Englishman in Part 3 believe in that Santiago also believes?
2. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
3. After his first job is complete in Part 2, what is Santiago offered?
4. Which of the follow is not something Santiago decides is a step on the way to his destiny?
5. What payment does the individual Santiago visits in Part 1 demand for the service she provided him?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)