|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Santiago sleep after being robbed?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) At the old man's house.
(c) The boat.
(d) In the fields with his sheep.
2. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
(a) The fact that he can read.
(b) The fact that he can speak Latin and Greek.
(c) The fact that he wants to become a priest.
(d) The fact that he is a shepherd.
3. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
4. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
5. Who is the main character of this novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
2. How does the decision to not return home in Part 3 make Santiago feel?
3. What happens to Santiago's money in Part 2?
4. How long has the main character been doing his job in Part 1?
5. About how long after Santiago builds something for the crystal merchant does Santiago believe it will take him to earn enough money to return home?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)