|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Santiago's money in Part 2?
(a) He gives it to the old man.
(b) He gives it to the crystal maker.
(c) He gives it to the boy.
(d) He buys two camels with it.
2. What does the Englishman in Part 3 believe in that Santiago also believes?
(b) Muslim beliefs.
3. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
(a) At the house of the merchant's daughter.
(b) On a bench in the plaza.
(c) In the field with his sheep.
(d) At the gypsy's home.
4. The first time Santiago approaches the ticket window, what does he leave with?
(a) More sheep to herd.
(c) A ticket to Africa.
5. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
(a) More than a year.
(b) One day.
(c) More than two years.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the stones Santiago carries in Part 2?
2. What fields does Santiago travel with his flock of animals?
3. What does the old man give to Santiago in Part 2?
4. What does the Englishman want the alchemist to teach him?
5. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)