|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
2. What alone will not suffice, according to the Englishman, to make it across the desert?
(a) A caravan.
(b) Personal courage.
(c) Good luck crystals.
(d) Omen belief.
3. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) Travels the world.
(b) Buys land to farm near his father.
(c) Travels to the town of Andalusia.
(d) Buys a flock of sheep.
4. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
(a) The old man didn't give him any useful information.
(b) The old man did not give him money.
(c) The old man was right.
(d) The old man was wrong.
5. How much of his flock does Santiago's friend buy?
Short Answer Questions
1. About how long after Santiago builds something for the crystal merchant does Santiago believe it will take him to earn enough money to return home?
2. According to the crystal merchant, where are Muslims obligated to visit?
3. What is there increasing talk about throughout the caravan?
4. What demand does the king have if Santiago is serious about learning more about his hidden treasure?
5. Why does the Englishman say the alchemist is able to live so long?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)