|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man give to Santiago in Part 2?
(a) Three oracle stones.
(b) Two oracle stones.
(c) Three crystal stones.
(d) Two crystal stones.
2. Where does Santiago sleep after being robbed?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) The boat.
(c) At the old man's house.
(d) In the fields with his sheep.
3. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
4. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
(a) He will always stay a shepherd.
(b) Back home.
(c) The Egyptian pyramids.
(d) With the merchant's daughter.
5. What are the names of the stones Santiago carries in Part 2?
(a) Urim and Thummim.
(b) Omen and Gypsy.
(c) Urim and Omen.
(d) Gypsy and Thummim.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the old man tell Santiago that his treasure can be found?
2. Where is Santiago transported in his dreams?
3. What does the king describe as the only real obligation in life?
4. Who does Santiago visit before he goes to see the merchant's daughter?
5. What does the Englishman want the alchemist to teach him?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)