|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
(a) With the merchant's daughter.
(b) Back home.
(c) He will always stay a shepherd.
(d) The Egyptian pyramids.
2. Which of the follow is not something Santiago decides is a step on the way to his destiny?
(a) The fields in which he herds sheep.
(b) His sheep.
(c) The beautiful girl.
(d) The old man.
3. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
(a) The fact that he can read.
(b) The fact that he wants to become a priest.
(c) The fact that he can speak Latin and Greek.
(d) The fact that he is a shepherd.
4. What does the old man advise Santiago to follow?
5. What ultimately happens to the money Santiago had from selling his flock?
(a) He loses it and cannot find it.
(b) He gives it to the crystal maker.
(c) It is stolen by the boy.
(d) It is stolen by the old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first time Santiago approaches the ticket window, what does he leave with?
2. What is the Englishman in Part 3 looking for?
3. What comforts Santiago after he is taken advantage of in Part 2?
4. About how long does it take to determine if the object Santiago makes the crystal merchant is a big success?
5. How many golden coins does Santiago's father find in the field?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)