|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Englishman want the alchemist to teach him?
(a) How to turn lead into gold.
(b) How to make the Elixir of Life.
(c) How to find positive omens.
(d) How to survive in the desert.
2. What warning does the caravan leader give to Santiago and the others?
(a) In the caravan, disobedience means death.
(b) In the desert, disobedience means death.
(c) In the desert, you must obey the camels.
(d) In the caravan, you must obey the Bedouins.
3. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) Buys a flock of sheep.
(b) Travels to the town of Andalusia.
(c) Buys land to farm near his father.
(d) Travels the world.
4. What does the old man give to Santiago in Part 2?
(a) Three crystal stones.
(b) Three oracle stones.
(c) Two crystal stones.
(d) Two oracle stones.
5. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) He loves them.
(b) They depend on him.
(c) He promised his father.
(d) He needs their fleece.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Santiago get three ancient Spanish gold coins?
2. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
3. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
4. What does the Englishman say it is called when people are engaged in an activity with all of their heart?
5. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)