|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does the caravan leader give to Santiago and the others?
(a) In the caravan, you must obey the Bedouins.
(b) In the desert, disobedience means death.
(c) In the desert, you must obey the camels.
(d) In the caravan, disobedience means death.
2. What makes Santiago realize in Part 2 that he is the only one keeping himself from traveling?
(a) The old man.
(b) His sheep.
(c) The gypsy.
(d) The wind.
3. What happens to Santiago's money in Part 2?
(a) He gives it to the crystal maker.
(b) He buys two camels with it.
(c) He gives it to the old man.
(d) He gives it to the boy.
4. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
(a) He cries.
(b) He stows away on a boat to Africa.
(c) He chases the boy.
(d) He goes home.
5. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Englishman say the alchemist is able to live so long?
2. According to the crystal merchant, where are Muslims obligated to visit?
3. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
4. In Part 1, what does Santiago want to do with his life?
5. About how long does it take to determine if the object Santiago makes the crystal merchant is a big success?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)