|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the follow is not something Santiago decides is a step on the way to his destiny?
(a) The fields in which he herds sheep.
(b) The beautiful girl.
(c) The old man.
(d) His sheep.
2. What does Santiago offer to build for the crystal merchant?
(a) New crystals.
(b) An outside display case.
(c) A place to keep sheep.
(d) A tea stand.
3. What demand does the king have if Santiago is serious about learning more about his hidden treasure?
(a) One half of his flock.
(b) One tenth of his treasure.
(c) One half of his treasure.
(d) One tenth of his flock.
4. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
5. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
(a) He cries.
(b) He chases the boy.
(c) He stows away on a boat to Africa.
(d) He goes home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
2. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
3. Which of the following characters does not meet with Santiago during Part 1 of the novel?
4. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
5. What does the king describe as the only real obligation in life?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)