|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Santiago in his dreams?
(a) An old man.
(b) His father.
(c) A king.
(d) A child.
2. How does the decision to not return home in Part 3 make Santiago feel?
3. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
(a) She dies.
(b) He only had to pay her a small fee.
(c) He believes her interpretation of the dream.
(d) He does not have to pay her.
4. What comforts Santiago after he is taken advantage of in Part 2?
(a) The beautiful girl.
(b) The gypsy.
(c) His book.
(d) The two stones.
5. What does the Englishman say it is called when people are engaged in an activity with all of their heart?
(a) Heart of the world.
(b) Soul of the world.
(c) Soul of the heart.
(d) Heart of the soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Santiago get three ancient Spanish gold coins?
2. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
3. About how long after Santiago builds something for the crystal merchant does Santiago believe it will take him to earn enough money to return home?
4. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
5. What warning does the caravan leader give to Santiago and the others?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)