|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7 (through page 177).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Santiago get three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) From the field.
(b) From the gypsy.
(c) From his mother.
(d) From his father.
2. In Part 7, how many pieces does the Alchemist cut the disk of gold into?
3. What port town does Santiago leave from in Part 2?
4. In Part 1, what does Santiago want to do with his life?
(a) Become a priest.
(b) Travel the world.
(c) Translate items for people.
(d) Be just like his father.
5. With the money Santiago has earned working for the merchant in Part 3, how many sheep should Santiago be able to purchase?
(a) The same amount.
(b) Three times the amount.
(c) Twice the amount.
(d) Half of the amount.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fatima trust in?
2. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
3. What reward will Santiago receive if the tribal chief's prediction is correct?
4. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
5. Who/what does the wind suggest Santiago speak with next?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)