Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
(a) The Egyptian pyramids.
(b) The alchemist.
(c) The gypsy.
(d) The merchant's daughter.
2. How large is the caravan Santiago is on in Part 3?
(a) Hundreds of people only.
(b) Hundreds of people and animals.
(c) Dozens of people and animals.
(d) Thousands of people and animals.
3. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
(a) At the house of the merchant's daughter.
(b) At the gypsy's home.
(c) In the field with his sheep.
(d) On a bench in the plaza.
4. What alone will not suffice, according to the Englishman, to make it across the desert?
(a) Omen belief.
(b) Good luck crystals.
(c) Personal courage.
(d) A caravan.
5. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
2. Where is Santiago transported in his dreams?
3. What comforts Santiago after he is taken advantage of in Part 2?
4. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
5. What does the Englishman in Part 3 believe in that Santiago also believes?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)