|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Germans fear for their women?
2. What was one of the most shameful acts a German soldier could do?
3. Who were under Roman rule but was not subjected to taxes and used only for war purposes?
4. What was necessary for the German people to keep tabs in hierarchy?
5. How could Agricola take advantage of the staff-captaincy post?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1What did Tacitus fail to detail when telling the biography of Agricola's surroundings and environment? Was this intentional or a reflection of his faults as a writer? Provide areas where he could have given more detail and how it would help the biography.
Essay Topic 2Despite Tacitus' claimed that Germans seemed pure without intermarriages of other cultures, how did his work "The Germania" show otherwise. What evidence shows mixture of culture, habit, morals, ethics, and beliefs?
Essay Topic 3What was the agenda of "The Germania?" Provide examples and evidence of theory of what Tacitus wanted the reader to know.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)