Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the only ones allowed to decide on capital punishment, imprisonment, and flogging?
2. Who were the first to be known as Germani?
3. Tacitus criticized the Germans' agriculture calendar because of what?
4. Modern knowledge shows what about Tacitus' account of German dress?
5. What physical attributes did Tacitus describe in the German people?
According to Tacitus, how had storytelling changed over generations?
What did Tacitus fail to detail when telling the biography of Agricola's surroundings and environment? Was this intentional or a reflection of his faults as a writer? Provide areas where he could have given more detail and how it would help the biography.
Describe the strengths of Britain that helped them resist and eventually drive off the Romans, and the weaknesses that allowed the Romans to rule over them for a certain period.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)