|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Present knowledge shows which group immigrated into Britain at least three separate times?
2. Tacitus criticized the Sitones more than other German tribes because of what cultural difference?
3. Who were the only ones allowed to decide on capital punishment, imprisonment, and flogging?
4. How did having children help Agricola's career?
5. How do present historians know about British kings of the past?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the agenda of "The Germania?" Provide examples and evidence of theory of what Tacitus wanted the reader to know.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Tacitus' outlook of Germany and Britain to the present outlook of Germany and Britain. How have the countries changed or stayed the same?
Essay Topic 3
What did Tacitus fail to detail when telling the biography of Agricola's surroundings and environment? Was this intentional or a reflection of his faults as a writer? Provide areas where he could have given more detail and how it would help the biography.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)