|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What custom did Chatti boys assume until they showed their worth of birth?
2. Present knowledge shows which group immigrated into Britain at least three separate times?
3. In Chapter 31, why did Mattingly believe Tacitus was mistaken in saying the Brigantes burned a Roman colony under a woman ruler?
4. Why did Agricola build forts to surround newly submitted British?
5. Of the following, which was one way a German became a slave among his own men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despite Tacitus' claimed that Germans seemed pure without intermarriages of other cultures, how did his work "The Germania" show otherwise. What evidence shows mixture of culture, habit, morals, ethics, and beliefs?
Essay Topic 2
What was the agenda of "The Germania?" Provide examples and evidence of theory of what Tacitus wanted the reader to know.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how religion played a role in German culture. How was it involved in their history, their belief of human origin, warfare, etc.?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)