|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the German tribe Ubii show pride in being a Roman colony?
2. Although feuds between families passed on to heirs, what reconciled them?
3. Who were under Roman rule but was not subjected to taxes and used only for war purposes?
4. In addition to omens in a bird's flight, what other ways did Germans read omens and warnings?
5. Without proper weapons, shelter, or horses, Tacitus described the Fenni as __________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tacitus was a senator under various rulers, both good and bad. What challenges were there and how did he deal with them? What were some possible reasons he reacted the way he did? Provide examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
According to Tacitus, how had storytelling changed over generations?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how religion played a role in German culture. How was it involved in their history, their belief of human origin, warfare, etc.?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)