|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tacitus claim was the purpose of "baritus"?
2. What generally separated the ancient Germans from other peoples?
3. The German peoples can be described as __________.
4. How could a German chief show prestige and power?
5. What event caused such a great financial loss to the state that Agricola had to rectify it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how religion played a role in German culture. How was it involved in their history, their belief of human origin, warfare, etc.?
Essay Topic 2
How did Tacitus feel about the Roman Empire? What shows this? Did he agree with conquests and campaigns or was he in disagreement with the Roman way of life?
Essay Topic 3
Tacitus was a senator under various rulers, both good and bad. What challenges were there and how did he deal with them? What were some possible reasons he reacted the way he did? Provide examples from the book.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)