|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Germans' choice of arms?
2. Why did Agricola build forts to surround newly submitted British?
3. What event caused such a great financial loss to the state that Agricola had to rectify it?
4. How did the German tribe Ubii show pride in being a Roman colony?
5. How could a German chief show prestige and power?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despite Tacitus' claimed that Germans seemed pure without intermarriages of other cultures, how did his work "The Germania" show otherwise. What evidence shows mixture of culture, habit, morals, ethics, and beliefs?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Tacitus' outlook of Germany and Britain to the present outlook of Germany and Britain. How have the countries changed or stayed the same?
Essay Topic 3
What did Tacitus fail to detail when telling the biography of Agricola's surroundings and environment? Was this intentional or a reflection of his faults as a writer? Provide areas where he could have given more detail and how it would help the biography.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)