|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unique characteristic was observed in the Germans' holy places?
2. How did the German tribe Ubii show pride in being a Roman colony?
3. What weakness did Germans have that according to Tacitus made them easily defeated?
4. What was unique about a betrothed German couple?
5. A toga for a Roman youth was equivalent to what for a German youth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Tacitus fail to detail when telling the biography of Agricola's surroundings and environment? Was this intentional or a reflection of his faults as a writer? Provide areas where he could have given more detail and how it would help the biography.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Tacitus' outlook of Germany and Britain to the present outlook of Germany and Britain. How have the countries changed or stayed the same?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how religion played a role in German culture. How was it involved in their history, their belief of human origin, warfare, etc.?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)