|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would the Cotini be more ashamed than other tribes because they worked in the iron mines of Germany?
2. During assembly, how did the Germans show respectful agreement?
3. Of all the German tribes, which held the greatest in number?
4. A toga for a Roman youth was equivalent to what for a German youth?
5. Tacitus felt the only form of wealth Germans had was __________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Tacitus' outlook of Germany and Britain to the present outlook of Germany and Britain. How have the countries changed or stayed the same?
Essay Topic 2
What are some ways Roman culture influenced the Germans? What are some ways the Germans influenced the Romans and its people?
Essay Topic 3
What must a reader be aware of when reading a non-fictional history book such as "The Agricola" and "The Germania"? How does this awareness help the reader detect bias and judgment from primary sources? How can this help the reader be a better historian when researching a subject? The students can use Mattingly as an example.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)