Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the only ones allowed to decide on capital punishment, imprisonment, and flogging?
2. Who were the first to be known as Germani?
3. Tacitus criticized the Germans' agriculture calendar because of what?
4. Modern knowledge shows what about Tacitus' account of German dress?
5. What physical attributes did Tacitus describe in the German people?
Describe the strengths of Britain that helped them resist and eventually drive off the Romans, and the weaknesses that allowed the Romans to rule over them for a certain period.
Despite Tacitus' claimed that Germans seemed pure without intermarriages of other cultures, how did his work "The Germania" show otherwise. What evidence shows mixture of culture, habit, morals, ethics, and beliefs?
Tacitus was a senator under various rulers, both good and bad. What challenges were there and how did he deal with them? What were some possible reasons he reacted the way he did? Provide examples from the book.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)