|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the Germans' squadrons grouped?
2. Of all the German tribes, which held the greatest in number?
3. What event caused such a great financial loss to the state that Agricola had to rectify it?
4. How do present historians know about British kings of the past?
5. How did having children help Agricola's career?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What evidence in "The Agricola" shows the story was as much a eulogy as a biography?
Essay Topic 2
Mattingly suggested Germania might have had a small influence in the Nazi effort of bringing back a pure race. What evidence in "The Germania" could support this theory?
Essay Topic 3
How did Tacitus feel about the Roman Empire? What shows this? Did he agree with conquests and campaigns or was he in disagreement with the Roman way of life?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)