|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to arms as gifts, what had the Romans influenced the Germans to accept as gifts?
2. What unique characteristic was observed in the Germans' holy places?
3. How did Tacitus distinguish some tribes as German and not Sarmations?
4. How could a German chief show prestige and power?
5. The German peoples can be described as __________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despite Tacitus' claimed that Germans seemed pure without intermarriages of other cultures, how did his work "The Germania" show otherwise. What evidence shows mixture of culture, habit, morals, ethics, and beliefs?
Essay Topic 2
"The Agricola" is a "portrait of a career," according to Mattingly. How is this appropriate as a biography for both the writer Tacitus and the subject Agricola?
Essay Topic 3
According to Tacitus, how had storytelling changed over generations?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)