|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. German strength in fighting was best seen in their __________.
2. How do present historians know about British kings of the past?
3. In Chapter 31, why did Mattingly believe Tacitus was mistaken in saying the Brigantes burned a Roman colony under a woman ruler?
4. Why did Agricola's mother discourage him from studying philosophy?
5. What historic figure was known to visit Germany and found the city Asciburgium?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
According to Tacitus, how had storytelling changed over generations?
Essay Topic 2
What evidence in "The Agricola" shows the story was as much a eulogy as a biography?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the state of cultural morals between Germany and the Roman Empire, such as the morals of loyalty to an emperor or king, the commitment of marriage, the bond between a parent and child, etc.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)