|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the only ones allowed to decide on capital punishment, imprisonment, and flogging?
2. How did the German tribe Ubii show pride in being a Roman colony?
3. Present knowledge shows which group immigrated into Britain at least three separate times?
4. What weakness did Germans have that according to Tacitus made them easily defeated?
5. What generally separated the ancient Germans from other peoples?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As a historian, write how well Tacitus described the German peoples, culture, land, climate, etc. Did he do well with detail, impartiality, etc.? Provide evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How did Tacitus feel about the Roman Empire? What shows this? Did he agree with conquests and campaigns or was he in disagreement with the Roman way of life?
Essay Topic 3
Mattingly suggested Germania might have had a small influence in the Nazi effort of bringing back a pure race. What evidence in "The Germania" could support this theory?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)