|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of all the German tribes, which held the greatest in number?
2. Why would the Cotini be more ashamed than other tribes because they worked in the iron mines of Germany?
3. What was necessary for the German people to keep tabs in hierarchy?
4. Who were under Roman rule but was not subjected to taxes and used only for war purposes?
5. Who was the earth-born god of the Germans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the strengths of Britain that helped them resist and eventually drive off the Romans, and the weaknesses that allowed the Romans to rule over them for a certain period.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the German tribes. How were each culturally the same or different? What were some factors that lend to the similarities and differences?
Essay Topic 3
How is "The Agricola" a significant biography for British history?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)