|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the most shameful acts a German soldier could do?
2. Who were under Roman rule but was not subjected to taxes and used only for war purposes?
3. How were the Germans' squadrons grouped?
4. What was unique about a betrothed German couple?
5. In addition to omens in a bird's flight, what other ways did Germans read omens and warnings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some ways Roman culture influenced the Germans? What are some ways the Germans influenced the Romans and its people?
Essay Topic 2
What was the agenda of "The Germania?" Provide examples and evidence of theory of what Tacitus wanted the reader to know.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the German tribes. How were each culturally the same or different? What were some factors that lend to the similarities and differences?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)