|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were ancient German records kept?
2. Who was the earth-born god of the Germans?
3. In addition to omens in a bird's flight, what other ways did Germans read omens and warnings?
4. What weakness did Germans have that according to Tacitus made them easily defeated?
5. In Chapter 31, why did Mattingly believe Tacitus was mistaken in saying the Brigantes burned a Roman colony under a woman ruler?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Agricola's relationship with each of the emperors he served under.
Essay Topic 2
Despite Tacitus' claimed that Germans seemed pure without intermarriages of other cultures, how did his work "The Germania" show otherwise. What evidence shows mixture of culture, habit, morals, ethics, and beliefs?
Essay Topic 3
Mattingly suggested Germania might have had a small influence in the Nazi effort of bringing back a pure race. What evidence in "The Germania" could support this theory?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)