Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the only ones allowed to decide on capital punishment, imprisonment, and flogging?
2. Who were the first to be known as Germani?
3. Tacitus criticized the Germans' agriculture calendar because of what?
4. Modern knowledge shows what about Tacitus' account of German dress?
5. What physical attributes did Tacitus describe in the German people?
What must a reader be aware of when reading a non-fictional history book such as "The Agricola" and "The Germania"? How does this awareness help the reader detect bias and judgment from primary sources? How can this help the reader be a better historian when researching a subject? The students can use Mattingly as an example.
What evidence in "The Agricola" shows the story was as much a eulogy as a biography?
Compare the state of cultural morals between Germany and the Roman Empire, such as the morals of loyalty to an emperor or king, the commitment of marriage, the bond between a parent and child, etc.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)