Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the only ones allowed to decide on capital punishment, imprisonment, and flogging?
2. Who were the first to be known as Germani?
3. Tacitus criticized the Germans' agriculture calendar because of what?
4. Modern knowledge shows what about Tacitus' account of German dress?
5. What physical attributes did Tacitus describe in the German people?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the strengths of Britain that helped them resist and eventually drive off the Romans, and the weaknesses that allowed the Romans to rule over them for a certain period.
Essay Topic 2
According to Tacitus, how had storytelling changed over generations?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the history of the name "Germania." How did it come about, why and what made it stick?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)