|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to omens in a bird's flight, what other ways did Germans read omens and warnings?
2. What weakness did Germans have that according to Tacitus made them easily defeated?
3. How do present historians know about British kings of the past?
4. What was unique about a betrothed German couple?
5. A toga for a Roman youth was equivalent to what for a German youth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how religion played a role in German culture. How was it involved in their history, their belief of human origin, warfare, etc.?
Essay Topic 2
How is "The Agricola" a significant biography for British history?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the history of the name "Germania." How did it come about, why and what made it stick?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)