Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
2. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
3. What benefit was there for Agricola when he married Domitia Decidiana?
4. What did Agricola not live to see?
5. What undertone does Mattingly suggest is written in "The Agricola"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about Agricola 's military strategy and career was criticized by Tacitus?
2. How did Tacitus compare the living arrangements of the Germans to the Romans?
3. When Galba undertook Roman rule, how did Tacitus describe Germany's reaction? What did this indicate about Germany's relationship with Rome?
4. Close to getting a German province, Tacitus believed what caused Rome from procuring strongholds?
5. What was Tacitus' theory of why the sun did not set in northern Britain?
6. Describe reasons why the British believed "peacetime" under Roman rule was equivalent to slavery.
7. Tacitus wrote "The Hundred" was what significance to Germany?
8. Looking at the lineage of emperors, what did Tacitus notice in regards to choosing an emperor?
9. How did Tacitus show bits of Roman life in "The Germania?"
10. How did Tacitus believe Rome's first encounter with Germans occurred?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Agricola's relationship with each of the emperors he served under.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how religion played a role in German culture. How was it involved in their history, their belief of human origin, warfare, etc.?
Essay Topic 3
What are some ways Roman culture influenced the Germans? What are some ways the Germans influenced the Romans and its people?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)