|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was necessary for the German people to keep tabs in hierarchy?
(b) A quarterly assembly of chiefs.
(c) Violence and war.
(d) Accurate account of wealth.
2. Before Tacitus' time, a person who wrote an autobiography was considered to be__________.
(d) Not worth reading about.
3. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
(a) They had no direct relationship.
(b) He was Agricola's son-in-law.
(c) He was Agricola's military right hand man.
(d) He was Agricola's son.
4. According to Mattingly, what belief lies in "The Agricola"?
(a) Pure races.
(c) The origin of white man's burden.
(d) Roman destiny.
5. What did Tacitus deny existed in Germany?
(d) Domestic slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Agricola's arrival in Britain differ from the usual arrival of a new governor?
2. How did Agricola help rectify the treasury?
3. Of all the German tribes, which held the greatest in number?
4. During assembly, how did the Germans show respectful agreement?
5. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)