|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Augustus handle the Germans?
(a) He kept them at the Rhine.
(b) He advanced to the Elbe.
(c) He ignored their presence and concentrated on Britain.
(d) He advanced over the Rhine.
2. The German peoples can be described as __________.
3. Who helped Nerva bring the praetorian guards to obedience?
4. What was so unique about the German tribe Chauci?
(a) They were pacifists.
(b) They sung during battle.
(c) They dwelled in peace as well as in war.
(d) They wore their hair long.
5. What did Domitian offer Agricola for his triumph?
(b) A post in Germany.
(c) A parade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tacitus felt the only form of wealth Germans had was __________.
2. How do present historians know about British kings of the past?
3. Tired of Roman rule, under whom did the British unit to revolt while Paulinus was in Britain?
4. What did Tacitus falsely believe Britain had that was worth conquering?
5. What did Germans fear for their women?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)