|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Agricola called on whose help to equalize the sword fighting skills of the British?
(a) The cavalry.
(b) The Praetorian Guards.
(c) The Gauls.
(d) The Batavians and Tungrians.
2. In addition to arms as gifts, what had the Romans influenced the Germans to accept as gifts?
3. What held back efficiency in a German assembly of chiefs?
(b) Lack of punctuality.
(d) Lack of leadership.
4. Who were under Roman rule but was not subjected to taxes and used only for war purposes?
(a) The Treviri.
(b) The Nevii.
(c) The Osi.
(d) The Batavi.
5. How did Tacitus distinguish some tribes as German and not Sarmations?
(a) By their primary weapons.
(b) By their clothing style.
(c) Sarmations were blonde and lighter-skinned.
(d) Sarmations were nomadic while Germans lived in homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
2. What generally separated the ancient Germans from other peoples?
3. What physical attributes did Tacitus describe in the German people?
4. Mattingly states all of the following are "characteristic weaknesses" of ancient Germans EXCEPT what?
5. How was Arminius received at home after his win over Quintillius?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)