|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was so interested in German culture that he wrote about it?
(a) He believed Germans had much to offer Roman civilization.
(b) He believed Germans would make great slaves.
(c) He believed Germans were desecendants from the same gods.
(d) He believed Germans were a constant threat.
2. What happened to the emperor of Rome?
(a) Killed in battle.
(c) Understood the significance of the Senate during his reign.
(d) Died in old age.
3. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
(a) A rollover of the British isle by the Romans.
(b) The Romans fighting against a brick wall with no arms.
(c) A slow but progressive campaign by the Romans.
(d) A swing of victories between both parties.
4. Present knowledge shows which group immigrated into Britain at least three separate times?
(a) The Celts.
(b) The Gauls.
(c) The Vikings.
(d) The Romans.
5. How did the German tribe Ubii show pride in being a Roman colony?
(a) They voluntarily gave agricultural gifts at harvest.
(b) They wore togas.
(c) They kept out intruders at the Rhine.
(d) They took on new Roman names.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unique about a betrothed German couple?
2. Who was finally able to restore Roman prestige after years of cruel emperors?
3. What did Tacitus claim was the purpose of "baritus"?
4. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
5. A toga for a Roman youth was equivalent to what for a German youth?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)