|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mattingly, what belief lies in "The Agricola"?
(b) Roman destiny.
(c) Pure races.
(d) The origin of white man's burden.
2. How were officials chosen for provinces?
(a) By the praetorian guards.
(b) The emperor chose for all provinces.
(c) The Senate chose for peaceful provinces and the emperor for restless ones.
(d) By the people.
3. Present knowledge shows which group immigrated into Britain at least three separate times?
(a) The Celts.
(b) The Vikings.
(c) The Romans.
(d) The Gauls.
4. What generally separated the ancient Germans from other peoples?
(a) An arbitrary political boundary.
(c) Physical landscapes.
(d) An ancient stone wall.
5. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
(a) To conquer and restore Roman honor.
(b) To restore the Republic.
(c) To extend the Roman Empire to twice its size.
(d) To overtake all of Britain and Ireland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tacitus believed the earth was what shape?
2. What unique characteristic was observed in the Germans' holy places?
3. Where did Agricola primarily spend his time in the military?
4. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
5. Of the following, what was more resented by the people than tax?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)