|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Agricola do in his first year that helped Britain appreciate peace more?
(a) Was lenient in giving citizenships.
(b) Did not always impose the emperor's laws that were harsh on the people.
(c) Stopped corrupt officials.
(d) Relaxed the presence of the Roman army.
2. What did Tacitus falsely believe Britain had that was worth conquering?
(a) Gold and silver.
(b) Excellent cattle and sheep.
(d) Good farming lands.
3. As stated by Mattingly, how does Tacitus compare to other historians of his age in regards to his writings about Germany?
(a) He was highly appreciated during his time but less so in the present.
(c) Not appreciated during his time but after his death.
(d) One of the best.
4. What was unique about a betrothed German couple?
(a) They were encouraged to marry outside the clan.
(b) The woman offered the dowry, not the man.
(c) The man offered the dowry, not the woman.
(d) Mothers chose the bride and groom.
5. What did Otho's fleet do to Agricola?
(a) Poisoned him.
(b) Denied his power as consul and disobeyed his orders.
(c) Murdered his mother and plundered her fortunes.
(d) Surprise attacked him from the rear.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chatti showed steady courage in warfare through what?
2. According to a Caledonian, what kept the Gauls and Germans under Roman rule?
3. Who got to voice their opinions in major affairs in German tribes?
4. For what reason would the Romans not bother to conquer a country?
5. Agricola called on whose help to equalize the sword fighting skills of the British?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)