|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
(a) They almost drowned in stormy seas off the coast of Britain.
(b) They ran into the Fenni and were almost eaten by them.
(c) They sailed around North Britain, starved and were mistaken as pirates.
(d) They had the best victory over Roman legions in history.
2. Who were the only ones allowed to decide on capital punishment, imprisonment, and flogging?
3. Where did Rome tend to enact its rules?
(a) Amongst the impoverished rural areas.
(b) In the cities and money classes.
(c) In the conquered colonies.
(d) They were unsuccessful in doing so.
4. The British speech Tacitus paraphrased in "The Agricola" that was used to rally against the Romans can be summed up in which statement?
(a) The Romans are all bark and no bite.
(b) A house divided against itself cannot stand.
(c) Action speaks louder than words.
(d) Show the Romans they are biting off more than they can chew.
5. How was Arminius received at home after his win over Quintillius?
(a) He was paraded around.
(b) They looked upon him suspiciously of the truth.
(c) He was killed by his enemies that were his own countrymen.
(d) He was neither celebrated nor thought of.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
2. Of all the German tribes, which held the greatest in number?
3. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
4. Mattingly suggests modern Germany thinks of "The Germania" in what way?
5. Agricola was brought up with an education in __________.
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)