|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the emperor of Rome?
(a) Died in old age.
(b) Understood the significance of the Senate during his reign.
(d) Killed in battle.
2. What did Agricola do in his first year that helped Britain appreciate peace more?
(a) Did not always impose the emperor's laws that were harsh on the people.
(b) Relaxed the presence of the Roman army.
(c) Stopped corrupt officials.
(d) Was lenient in giving citizenships.
3. What unique characteristic was observed in the Germans' holy places?
(a) The temples were open roofed.
(b) They were in the woods and groves.
(c) They only fit one family at a time.
(d) They were open only at night.
4. How were ancient German records kept?
(a) In storytelling.
(b) In picture form.
(c) Through priests.
(d) In songs.
5. Who was ruling the Roman Empire when Gallic tribes revolted against Rome and proclaimed their own empire?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the following, which was one way a German became a slave among his own men?
2. How did Agricola's successes become so famous?
3. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
4. German strength in fighting was best seen in their __________.
5. In Agricola's third year in Britain, he focused on what in particular?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)