|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other country did Agricola want to conquer in order to surround Britain?
2. What generally separated the ancient Germans from other peoples?
(a) An arbitrary political boundary.
(b) An ancient stone wall.
(d) Physical landscapes.
3. Rome's first attempt to conquer Britain can be described as __________.
(a) The beginning of colonialism.
(b) An easy success.
(c) The end of Celtic culture.
(d) A failure.
4. Which Caledonian addressed the British men to inspire courage against the Romans?
5. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
(a) They sailed around North Britain, starved and were mistaken as pirates.
(b) They ran into the Fenni and were almost eaten by them.
(c) They had the best victory over Roman legions in history.
(d) They almost drowned in stormy seas off the coast of Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chatti showed steady courage in warfare through what?
2. Why was so interested in German culture that he wrote about it?
3. How did Agricola's successes become so famous?
4. Why did Agricola build forts to surround newly submitted British?
5. What was the outcome when the British launched a night attack on the 9th legion?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)