|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could a German chief show prestige and power?
(a) In his number of kills.
(b) By the beauty of his horse.
(c) By his retinue.
(d) By his possession of gold.
2. Who helped Nerva bring the praetorian guards to obedience?
3. Despite a quiet retirement, why did many ask Agricola to return to duty?
(a) The other generals were failures.
(b) Tacitus actively promoted the idea to everyone.
(c) He was charming and convincing with the enemy.
(d) He was the only one who kept Domitian in line.
4. Of all the German tribes, which held the greatest in number?
5. What were the Germans' choice of arms?
(b) Battle axes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Tacitus' time, a person who wrote an autobiography was considered to be__________.
2. How did the British help the Romans succeed in conquering more regions?
3. What did Agricola do in his first year that helped Britain appreciate peace more?
4. What unique characteristic was observed in the Germans' holy places?
5. How do present historians know about British kings of the past?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)