|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unique characteristic was observed in the Germans' holy places?
(a) They were in the woods and groves.
(b) They only fit one family at a time.
(c) They were open only at night.
(d) The temples were open roofed.
2. What did Agricola not live to see?
(a) Germany cross the Rhine into Roman territory.
(b) Britain revolt and gain back all its land.
(c) Domitian seige the Senate.
(d) His daughter get married.
3. Which Caledonian addressed the British men to inspire courage against the Romans?
4. Why did Tacitus provide so much British history in "The Agricola"?
(a) It compared how much Agricola did for the Empire.
(b) It showed how the Roman Empire improved British lives.
(c) It showed how British history influenced Roman culture.
(d) It was a warning to the Roman Empire of their dangerous presence.
5. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
(a) They sailed around North Britain, starved and were mistaken as pirates.
(b) They ran into the Fenni and were almost eaten by them.
(c) They almost drowned in stormy seas off the coast of Britain.
(d) They had the best victory over Roman legions in history.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were officials chosen for provinces?
2. What benefit was there for Agricola when he married Domitia Decidiana?
3. What evidence shows Tacitus could have been wrong in claiming Domitian's triumph was a sham?
4. How did Augustus handle the Germans?
5. Why would the Cotini be more ashamed than other tribes because they worked in the iron mines of Germany?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)