|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The British speech Tacitus paraphrased in "The Agricola" that was used to rally against the Romans can be summed up in which statement?
(a) Show the Romans they are biting off more than they can chew.
(b) A house divided against itself cannot stand.
(c) Action speaks louder than words.
(d) The Romans are all bark and no bite.
2. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
(a) A swing of victories between both parties.
(b) A slow but progressive campaign by the Romans.
(c) A rollover of the British isle by the Romans.
(d) The Romans fighting against a brick wall with no arms.
3. What was a common duty for German men to do when not partaking in war?
(a) Be involved in politics.
(b) Be involved in philosophy.
(c) Start a war.
4. Tacitus claimed the British military's strength was in __________.
(a) The weaponry.
(b) The infantry.
(c) The cavalry.
(d) The knowledge of the lands.
5. How did Agricola's arrival in Britain differ from the usual arrival of a new governor?
(a) The auxiliaries had put on a military salute for him.
(b) There was a parade.
(c) There was no pagaentry.
(d) The legions saluted him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the battle against the united British tribes on Mount Graupius, how did the number of fallen compare?
2. How were the Germans' squadrons grouped?
3. Of the following, which was one way a German became a slave among his own men?
4. Of all the German tribes, which held the greatest in number?
5. How did having children help Agricola's career?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)