|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Germans fear for their women?
(c) An impoverished life.
2. In addition to arms as gifts, what had the Romans influenced the Germans to accept as gifts?
3. Tacitus credited whom for Roman successes?
(a) The Roman people.
(b) The great line of emperors.
(c) The enemies for their own faults.
(d) The governors of the provinces.
4. How did the British help the Romans succeed in conquering more regions?
(a) The British allied with the Romans on campaigns into Germany.
(b) The British underestimated the Roman leaders and was not prepared for war.
(c) The British tribes fought against one another.
(d) The British were fooled to give away their horses to the Romans.
5. Despite a quiet retirement, why did many ask Agricola to return to duty?
(a) He was the only one who kept Domitian in line.
(b) He was charming and convincing with the enemy.
(c) Tacitus actively promoted the idea to everyone.
(d) The other generals were failures.
Short Answer Questions
1. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
2. What happened to the emperor of Rome?
3. German strength in fighting was best seen in their __________.
4. Tacitus criticized the Germans' agriculture calendar because of what?
5. Without proper weapons, shelter, or horses, Tacitus described the Fenni as __________.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)