|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
2. What unique characteristic was observed in the Germans' holy places?
(a) The temples were open roofed.
(b) They were open only at night.
(c) They only fit one family at a time.
(d) They were in the woods and groves.
3. What was one of the most shameful acts a German soldier could do?
(a) Die before his first kill.
(b) Kill a woman or child.
(c) Throw away his shield.
(d) Cut his hair.
4. How did Agricola's arrival in Britain differ from the usual arrival of a new governor?
(a) There was a parade.
(b) There was no pagaentry.
(c) The legions saluted him.
(d) The auxiliaries had put on a military salute for him.
5. Tacitus claimed the British military's strength was in __________.
(a) The knowledge of the lands.
(b) The weaponry.
(c) The cavalry.
(d) The infantry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Tacitus feel the need to apologize for his life?
2. A toga for a Roman youth was equivalent to what for a German youth?
3. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
4. Who helped Nerva bring the praetorian guards to obedience?
5. Tired of Roman rule, under whom did the British unit to revolt while Paulinus was in Britain?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)