|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The German peoples can be described as __________.
2. What benefit was there for Agricola when he married Domitia Decidiana?
(a) Greater monetary wealth.
(b) Social distinction.
(c) A closer relationship with Domitian.
(d) A closer relationship to the governor of Britain.
3. Why did Tacitus feel the need to apologize for his life?
(a) He failed to be as great as Agricola.
(b) He failed to prevent Agricola's poisoning.
(c) He was a Senator during tyranny.
(d) He lacked in military success.
4. In the Introduction, Mattingly claims the Germans needed what if they were to ever reach maturity?
(a) A fierce ruler.
(b) Power over drinking.
(c) Roman discipline.
(d) A united kingdom.
5. Tacitus felt the only form of wealth Germans had was __________.
(a) Cereal crops.
(b) Their population number.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Agricola's death received in general?
2. When Agricola returned to Rome, why did he intentionally return at night?
3. What did Tacitus claim was the purpose of "baritus"?
4. Between which years was Tacitus alive?
5. Agricola was brought up with an education in __________.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)