|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Agricola's death received in general?
(a) Many did not notice.
(b) It seemed to concern everyone.
(c) The enemies celebrated.
(d) Domitian disallowed grievance over Agricola.
2. The German peoples can be described as __________.
3. What event caused such a great financial loss to the state that Agricola had to rectify it?
(b) Infestation of a corn beetle.
(d) The people looted after a great fire.
4. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
(a) 2 A.D. - 7 A.D.
(b) 578 A.D. - 584 A.D.
(c) 78-84 A.D.
(d) 53-68 A.D.
5. In addition to omens in a bird's flight, what other ways did Germans read omens and warnings?
(a) In a sheep's cry.
(b) From cattle manure.
(c) Listening to special horses.
(d) Via tea leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Domitian receive news of Agricola's successes?
2. Tacitus noted that the Germans felt which way about gold and silver?
3. According to Mattingly, what was most important to Tacitus in his life?
4. What political harmony did Tacitus wish to see in the Roman Republic?
5. Although feuds between families passed on to heirs, what reconciled them?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)