|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tacitus claimed the British military's strength was in __________.
(a) The knowledge of the lands.
(b) The infantry.
(c) The cavalry.
(d) The weaponry.
2. Who were the only ones allowed to decide on capital punishment, imprisonment, and flogging?
3. Why was so interested in German culture that he wrote about it?
(a) He believed Germans had much to offer Roman civilization.
(b) He believed Germans were a constant threat.
(c) He believed Germans were desecendants from the same gods.
(d) He believed Germans would make great slaves.
4. Who was finally able to restore Roman prestige after years of cruel emperors?
5. How could Agricola take advantage of the staff-captaincy post?
(a) He was able to leave more easily.
(b) He could stay in the back of the battle without question.
(c) He could order others around even if it was not relevant to the military.
(d) He was able to travel to any country he preferred.
Short Answer Questions
1. The British speech Tacitus paraphrased in "The Agricola" that was used to rally against the Romans can be summed up in which statement?
2. Why would the Cotini be more ashamed than other tribes because they worked in the iron mines of Germany?
3. Of the following, what was most upsetting for Tacitus in regards to Agricola's death?
4. What was Agricola best known for?
5. What event caused such a great financial loss to the state that Agricola had to rectify it?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)