|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mattingly, what seems to be missing from Tacitus' accounts of Britain?
(a) Agricola's role in the isle.
(b) Its culture.
(c) Its climate.
(d) Its geography.
2. Tacitus believed the Germans loved what the most?
3. What rumor was spread after Agricola's death?
(a) He never fought in a battle.
(b) He commited suicide.
(c) He was poisoned.
(d) His triumphs were shams.
4. Where did Agricola stand when fighting with his men?
(a) In the very front.
(b) In the middle as his men surrounded him.
(c) He did not fight in the battlegrounds.
(d) In the back.
5. What political harmony did Tacitus wish to see in the Roman Republic?
(a) The Senate and the Praetorian Guards.
(b) Harmony between the Emperor and Senate.
(c) Autocracy and freedom.
(d) The Roman Empire and the German tribes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Agricola's arrival in Britain differ from the usual arrival of a new governor?
2. In addition to omens in a bird's flight, what other ways did Germans read omens and warnings?
3. Tacitus credited whom for Roman successes?
4. How was Arminius received at home after his win over Quintillius?
5. In Agricola's third year in Britain, he focused on what in particular?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)