|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Caledonian addressed the British men to inspire courage against the Romans?
2. How did having children help Agricola's career?
(a) Fathers got special privileges.
(b) He gained more sympathy from his peers.
(c) He gained sympathy from Domitian.
(d) It kept him home more often.
3. According to Mattingly, what belief lies in "The Agricola"?
(a) Roman destiny.
(b) The origin of white man's burden.
(c) Pure races.
4. How did Domitian receive news of Agricola's successes?
(a) He was proud of his men.
(b) He was jealous.
(c) He was more concerned with Germany and dismissed the news.
(d) He was elated for some good news.
5. In addition to arms as gifts, what had the Romans influenced the Germans to accept as gifts?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Tacitus feel the need to apologize for his life?
2. German strength in fighting was best seen in their __________.
3. What did Tacitus deny existed in Germany?
4. What were the Germans' choice of arms?
5. Tacitus claimed Domitian was ridiculed by the people for what reason?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)