|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Agricola's reaction to the first attack under his consul?
(a) He asked the emperor what he should do.
(b) He decided to wait and see.
(c) He went where the action was.
(d) He sent a messenger with a surrender's note.
2. How did the British help the Romans succeed in conquering more regions?
(a) The British underestimated the Roman leaders and was not prepared for war.
(b) The British allied with the Romans on campaigns into Germany.
(c) The British were fooled to give away their horses to the Romans.
(d) The British tribes fought against one another.
3. What other country did Agricola want to conquer in order to surround Britain?
4. Of the following, what was most upsetting for Tacitus in regards to Agricola's death?
(a) Agricola did not get to meet his grandchildren.
(b) No one was able to find the true murderer.
(c) Agricola suffered a long and painful death.
(d) He could not be with Agricola in his time of death.
5. What was a common duty for German men to do when not partaking in war?
(b) Start a war.
(c) Be involved in politics.
(d) Be involved in philosophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The German peoples can be described as __________.
2. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
3. Why did Tacitus provide so much British history in "The Agricola"?
4. Who was ruling the Roman Empire when Gallic tribes revolted against Rome and proclaimed their own empire?
5. In Agricola's third year in Britain, he focused on what in particular?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)