|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between which years was Tacitus alive?
(a) B.C. 50-115.
(b) A.D. 50-115.
(c) A.D. 500-1115.
(d) A.D. 85-150.
2. How did Agricola help rectify the treasury?
(a) He understood the economy of supply and demand.
(b) He got rid of the corrupted officials in the department.
(c) He recovered stolen objects from temple robbers.
(d) He issued more coins.
3. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
4. What was Rome's knowledge of Britain during Tacitus' lifetime?
(a) Complete exploration and knowledge due to Julius Caesar.
(b) Nothing more than there were peoples there.
(c) Occasional accounts until Agricola arrived and campaigned.
(d) They believed Britain was part of Spain.
5. Why would the Cotini be more ashamed than other tribes because they worked in the iron mines of Germany?
(a) They could have used the iron to make weapons instead of tribute to the Romans.
(b) It was disgraceful against the German kings to mine the iron for anyone else.
(c) Iron mines were considered base because of its disturbance to the outdoor altars.
(d) The iron mines were considered as low of a job as a slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tacitus claim was the purpose of "baritus"?
2. What rumor was spread after Agricola's death?
3. What was Agricola's reaction to the first attack under his consul?
4. What major characteristic did Tacitus note about the seas around Britain?
5. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)