|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
(a) They almost drowned in stormy seas off the coast of Britain.
(b) They had the best victory over Roman legions in history.
(c) They ran into the Fenni and were almost eaten by them.
(d) They sailed around North Britain, starved and were mistaken as pirates.
2. The British speech Tacitus paraphrased in "The Agricola" that was used to rally against the Romans can be summed up in which statement?
(a) Action speaks louder than words.
(b) Show the Romans they are biting off more than they can chew.
(c) The Romans are all bark and no bite.
(d) A house divided against itself cannot stand.
3. What generally separated the ancient Germans from other peoples?
(a) An arbitrary political boundary.
(b) Physical landscapes.
(d) An ancient stone wall.
4. How did Agricola take advantage of his first victory?
(a) He did not.
(b) He took a promotion.
(c) He took the majority of the spoils.
(d) He asked for a parade.
5. In German culture, what did undergarments indicate?
(d) Social norm.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to arms as gifts, what had the Romans influenced the Germans to accept as gifts?
2. Which German tribe(s) invaded Italy in 113 B.C.?
3. What did Agricola do in his first year that helped Britain appreciate peace more?
4. What did Tacitus deny existed in Germany?
5. How do present historians know about British kings of the past?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)