|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
(a) They sailed around North Britain, starved and were mistaken as pirates.
(b) They had the best victory over Roman legions in history.
(c) They almost drowned in stormy seas off the coast of Britain.
(d) They ran into the Fenni and were almost eaten by them.
2. In the battle against the united British tribes on Mount Graupius, how did the number of fallen compare?
(a) 1000 British, 1000 Romans.
(b) 500 British, 300 Romans.
(c) 10,000 British, 360 Romans.
(d) 360 British, 10,000 Romans.
3. Why did Tacitus provide so much British history in "The Agricola"?
(a) It showed how British history influenced Roman culture.
(b) It showed how the Roman Empire improved British lives.
(c) It compared how much Agricola did for the Empire.
(d) It was a warning to the Roman Empire of their dangerous presence.
4. What undertone does Mattingly suggest is written in "The Agricola"?
(a) Agricola single-handedly conquered Britain.
(b) The Roman Empire should never have tried to conquer Germany.
(c) The emperor is too egocentric to see the Empire's weaknesses.
(d) A political tone of moderation.
5. What benefit was there for Agricola when he married Domitia Decidiana?
(a) Social distinction.
(b) A closer relationship to the governor of Britain.
(c) A closer relationship with Domitian.
(d) Greater monetary wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tacitus distinguish some tribes as German and not Sarmations?
2. Tacitus criticized the Germans' agriculture calendar because of what?
3. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
4. How were ancient German records kept?
5. During assembly, how did the Germans show respectful agreement?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)