|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
(a) Enlisted in the army.
(b) Became a slave for seven years.
(c) Gave useful military information.
(d) Worked in the emperor's household.
2. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
(a) They had the best victory over Roman legions in history.
(b) They sailed around North Britain, starved and were mistaken as pirates.
(c) They ran into the Fenni and were almost eaten by them.
(d) They almost drowned in stormy seas off the coast of Britain.
3. What historic figure was known to visit Germany and found the city Asciburgium?
4. During assembly, how did the Germans show respectful agreement?
(a) Nodded their heads.
(b) Clashed their weapons.
(c) Kept silence.
(d) Said "Ja."
5. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
(a) To restore the Republic.
(b) To extend the Roman Empire to twice its size.
(c) To conquer and restore Roman honor.
(d) To overtake all of Britain and Ireland.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were officials chosen for provinces?
2. How did the British help the Romans succeed in conquering more regions?
3. What special privilege did the Hermundui have in the Roman Empire?
4. Although feuds between families passed on to heirs, what reconciled them?
5. According to Mattingly, what belief lies in "The Agricola"?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)