|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
(a) Became a slave for seven years.
(b) Enlisted in the army.
(c) Worked in the emperor's household.
(d) Gave useful military information.
2. What was Rome's knowledge of Britain during Tacitus' lifetime?
(a) Nothing more than there were peoples there.
(b) Complete exploration and knowledge due to Julius Caesar.
(c) They believed Britain was part of Spain.
(d) Occasional accounts until Agricola arrived and campaigned.
3. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
(a) He was Agricola's son-in-law.
(b) He was Agricola's military right hand man.
(c) He was Agricola's son.
(d) They had no direct relationship.
4. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
(b) Stream of conscious.
(d) Brief and poetic.
5. How were officials chosen for provinces?
(a) By the people.
(b) The emperor chose for all provinces.
(c) By the praetorian guards.
(d) The Senate chose for peaceful provinces and the emperor for restless ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tacitus falsely believe Britain had that was worth conquering?
2. What was a common duty for German men to do when not partaking in war?
3. Before Tacitus' time, a person who wrote an autobiography was considered to be__________.
4. How could a German chief show prestige and power?
5. What did Agricola do in his first year that helped Britain appreciate peace more?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)