|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between which years was Tacitus alive?
(a) A.D. 500-1115.
(b) A.D. 85-150.
(c) A.D. 50-115.
(d) B.C. 50-115.
2. What did Tacitus credit to changing the Gaul's warlike past?
(a) Tacitus' famous oration on peace.
(c) Their inferiority to German warriors.
(d) Peace within Roman life.
3. According to Mattingly, what was most important to Tacitus in his life?
(a) His mother.
(b) The reigning emperor.
(c) His career.
(d) His family.
4. What political harmony did Tacitus wish to see in the Roman Republic?
(a) The Senate and the Praetorian Guards.
(b) Harmony between the Emperor and Senate.
(c) Autocracy and freedom.
(d) The Roman Empire and the German tribes.
5. Who was finally able to restore Roman prestige after years of cruel emperors?
Short Answer Questions
1. How were officials chosen for provinces?
2. How did the German tribe Ubii show pride in being a Roman colony?
3. Which Roman ruler was the first to try to conquer Britain?
4. How did the public feel about Agricola's role in Britain?
5. What was unique about a betrothed German couple?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)