|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cerealis became the British governor, how did Agricola prove himself to him?
(a) He did well with army detachment missions.
(b) He stood up to Cerealis when he disagreed with a plan.
(c) He was the first to offer himself in the line of duty.
(d) He always agreed with Cerealis.
2. In German culture, what did undergarments indicate?
(d) Social norm.
3. What was an obligation of a follower to a German chief in addition to protecting him?
(a) Give a portion of his spoils to the chief after a pillage.
(b) Protect the chief's family as well.
(c) Let the chief have his daughter in marriage.
(d) Let the chief have the follower's credit of heroism.
4. Present knowledge shows which group immigrated into Britain at least three separate times?
(a) The Vikings.
(b) The Gauls.
(c) The Celts.
(d) The Romans.
5. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
(a) Worked in the emperor's household.
(b) Enlisted in the army.
(c) Gave useful military information.
(d) Became a slave for seven years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other country did Agricola want to conquer in order to surround Britain?
2. Who were the only ones allowed to decide on capital punishment, imprisonment, and flogging?
3. Tacitus summed up Agricola's features as __________.
4. Why did Tacitus feel the need to apologize for his life?
5. What did Tacitus credit to changing the Gaul's warlike past?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)