|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tacitus claimed Domitian was ridiculed by the people for what reason?
(a) A fake triumph in Germany.
(b) His son was a coward in battle.
(c) His wife commited adultery.
(d) A fake triumph in Britain.
2. How did Augustus handle the Germans?
(a) He kept them at the Rhine.
(b) He ignored their presence and concentrated on Britain.
(c) He advanced to the Elbe.
(d) He advanced over the Rhine.
3. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
(a) Became a slave for seven years.
(b) Gave useful military information.
(c) Worked in the emperor's household.
(d) Enlisted in the army.
4. As stated by Mattingly, how does Tacitus compare to other historians of his age in regards to his writings about Germany?
(a) Not appreciated during his time but after his death.
(b) One of the best.
(c) He was highly appreciated during his time but less so in the present.
5. For what reason would the Romans not bother to conquer a country?
(a) It did not have any form of resource.
(b) No reason. They would conquer any country.
(c) It lacked good agricultural lands.
(d) It was a poor country.
Short Answer Questions
1. How could Agricola take advantage of the staff-captaincy post?
2. How did Tacitus distinguish some tribes as German and not Sarmations?
3. Why did Tacitus feel the need to apologize for his life?
4. Tired of Roman rule, under whom did the British unit to revolt while Paulinus was in Britain?
5. What unique characteristic was observed in the Germans' holy places?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)