|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
(a) 53-68 A.D.
(b) 578 A.D. - 584 A.D.
(c) 2 A.D. - 7 A.D.
(d) 78-84 A.D.
2. How could Agricola take advantage of the staff-captaincy post?
(a) He could stay in the back of the battle without question.
(b) He was able to leave more easily.
(c) He was able to travel to any country he preferred.
(d) He could order others around even if it was not relevant to the military.
3. Tacitus summed up Agricola's features as __________.
4. Who were under Roman rule but was not subjected to taxes and used only for war purposes?
(a) The Osi.
(b) The Nevii.
(c) The Batavi.
(d) The Treviri.
5. In German culture, what did undergarments indicate?
(d) Social norm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mattingly states all of the following are "characteristic weaknesses" of ancient Germans EXCEPT what?
2. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
3. What was so unique about the German tribe Chauci?
4. What weakness did Germans have that according to Tacitus made them easily defeated?
5. What did Tacitus claim was the purpose of "baritus"?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)