|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political harmony did Tacitus wish to see in the Roman Republic?
(a) Autocracy and freedom.
(b) The Roman Empire and the German tribes.
(c) Harmony between the Emperor and Senate.
(d) The Senate and the Praetorian Guards.
2. German strength in fighting was best seen in their __________.
3. Which Roman ruler was the first to try to conquer Britain?
(a) Julius Caesar.
4. Why would the Cotini be more ashamed than other tribes because they worked in the iron mines of Germany?
(a) The iron mines were considered as low of a job as a slave.
(b) Iron mines were considered base because of its disturbance to the outdoor altars.
(c) It was disgraceful against the German kings to mine the iron for anyone else.
(d) They could have used the iron to make weapons instead of tribute to the Romans.
5. Who got to voice their opinions in major affairs in German tribes?
(a) Chiefs only.
(b) The women.
(c) The whole community.
(d) The generals.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
2. What was Agricola best known for?
3. Tacitus criticized the Sitones more than other German tribes because of what cultural difference?
4. During Agricola's praetorship, his responsibility of public games can be described as __________.
5. Who helped Nerva bring the praetorian guards to obedience?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)