|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tacitus, Agricola felt it was more "honourable to __________ than to hate."
(d) Be loyal.
2. What did Domitian offer Agricola for his triumph?
(c) A parade.
(d) A post in Germany.
3. Where did Agricola stand when fighting with his men?
(a) He did not fight in the battlegrounds.
(b) In the very front.
(c) In the back.
(d) In the middle as his men surrounded him.
4. As stated by Mattingly, how does Tacitus compare to other historians of his age in regards to his writings about Germany?
(a) He was highly appreciated during his time but less so in the present.
(b) One of the best.
(c) Not appreciated during his time but after his death.
5. Despite a quiet retirement, why did many ask Agricola to return to duty?
(a) He was the only one who kept Domitian in line.
(b) The other generals were failures.
(c) Tacitus actively promoted the idea to everyone.
(d) He was charming and convincing with the enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Agricola called on whose help to equalize the sword fighting skills of the British?
2. What generally separated the ancient Germans from other peoples?
3. How were officials chosen for provinces?
4. What did Agricola not live to see?
5. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)