|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite a quiet retirement, why did many ask Agricola to return to duty?
(a) Tacitus actively promoted the idea to everyone.
(b) He was charming and convincing with the enemy.
(c) He was the only one who kept Domitian in line.
(d) The other generals were failures.
2. The German peoples can be described as __________.
3. Of all the German tribes, which held the greatest in number?
4. How were officials chosen for provinces?
(a) The emperor chose for all provinces.
(b) By the praetorian guards.
(c) By the people.
(d) The Senate chose for peaceful provinces and the emperor for restless ones.
5. What did Germans fear for their women?
(c) An impoverished life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mattingly believes Tacitus underrated what about Rome and Germany's relationship?
2. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
3. In Chapter 31, why did Mattingly believe Tacitus was mistaken in saying the Brigantes burned a Roman colony under a woman ruler?
4. How did the British help the Romans succeed in conquering more regions?
5. What did Agricola not live to see?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)