|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
(a) Brief and poetic.
(c) Stream of conscious.
2. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
(a) He was killed in battle against Britain.
(b) He was killed by other Germans.
(c) He was killed by the Romans.
(d) He was poisoned by his wife.
3. Where did Agricola primarily spend his time in the military?
4. German strength in fighting was best seen in their __________.
5. Mattingly states all of the following are "characteristic weaknesses" of ancient Germans EXCEPT what?
(a) Passion for war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Agricola's reaction to the first attack under his consul?
2. How did Domitian receive news of Agricola's successes?
3. What was Rome's knowledge of Britain during Tacitus' lifetime?
4. What happened to the emperor of Rome?
5. How could a German chief show prestige and power?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)