|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tacitus, Agricola felt it was more "honourable to __________ than to hate."
(d) Be loyal.
2. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
(a) He was poisoned by his wife.
(b) He was killed in battle against Britain.
(c) He was killed by the Romans.
(d) He was killed by other Germans.
3. Agricola was brought up with an education in __________.
(a) Martial arts.
(b) British history.
(c) Liberal arts.
(d) German history.
4. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
(a) To extend the Roman Empire to twice its size.
(b) To overtake all of Britain and Ireland.
(c) To restore the Republic.
(d) To conquer and restore Roman honor.
5. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
(a) By Tacitus' detailed accounts.
(b) By Trajan's detailed accounts.
(c) By Mattingly's history research.
(d) Through archaelogical excavation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did having children help Agricola's career?
2. According to Mattingly, what was most important to Tacitus in his life?
3. Which Roman ruler was the first to try to conquer Britain?
4. Between which years was Tacitus alive?
5. Which German tribe(s) invaded Italy in 113 B.C.?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)