|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would the Cotini be more ashamed than other tribes because they worked in the iron mines of Germany?
(a) Iron mines were considered base because of its disturbance to the outdoor altars.
(b) It was disgraceful against the German kings to mine the iron for anyone else.
(c) They could have used the iron to make weapons instead of tribute to the Romans.
(d) The iron mines were considered as low of a job as a slave.
2. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
(a) He was Agricola's military right hand man.
(b) He was Agricola's son-in-law.
(c) They had no direct relationship.
(d) He was Agricola's son.
3. What physical attributes did Tacitus describe in the German people?
(a) Short, freckly, with red hair.
(b) Dark hair and stout.
(c) Large and hairy.
(d) Blue eyes, red hair, with big frames.
4. Tacitus noted that the Germans felt which way about gold and silver?
(a) They used it for trade between Germans only.
(b) They believed gold and silver were the best metal for weaponry.
(c) They were acquired greedily by the wealthy.
(d) They had no personal taste for it.
5. What special privilege did the Hermundui have in the Roman Empire?
(a) They were considered neutral and never attacked.
(b) They were not taxed.
(c) They were allowed beyond the banks to trade inland.
(d) They were granted citizenship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mattingly believes Tacitus underrated what about Rome and Germany's relationship?
2. How could Agricola take advantage of the staff-captaincy post?
3. What happened to Britain's hold after Agricola left?
4. Tacitus summed up Agricola's features as __________.
5. Tacitus felt the only form of wealth Germans had was __________.
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)