|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a Caledonian, what kept the Gauls and Germans under Roman rule?
(a) Terror and intimidation.
(b) The benefits under Roman rule.
(d) Lack of warfare experience.
2. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
(a) Through archaelogical excavation.
(b) By Mattingly's history research.
(c) By Trajan's detailed accounts.
(d) By Tacitus' detailed accounts.
3. What was a common duty for German men to do when not partaking in war?
(b) Be involved in politics.
(c) Start a war.
(d) Be involved in philosophy.
4. What was unique about a betrothed German couple?
(a) They were encouraged to marry outside the clan.
(b) The man offered the dowry, not the woman.
(c) The woman offered the dowry, not the man.
(d) Mothers chose the bride and groom.
5. Of all the German tribes, which held the greatest in number?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tacitus falsely believe Britain had that was worth conquering?
2. What did Tacitus credit to changing the Gaul's warlike past?
3. What rumor was spread after Agricola's death?
4. During Agricola's praetorship, his responsibility of public games can be described as __________.
5. In the Introduction, Mattingly claims the Germans needed what if they were to ever reach maturity?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)