|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one of the most shameful acts a German soldier could do?
(a) Die before his first kill.
(b) Kill a woman or child.
(c) Throw away his shield.
(d) Cut his hair.
2. What was necessary for the German people to keep tabs in hierarchy?
(a) Violence and war.
(c) A quarterly assembly of chiefs.
(d) Accurate account of wealth.
3. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
(a) To overtake all of Britain and Ireland.
(b) To extend the Roman Empire to twice its size.
(c) To conquer and restore Roman honor.
(d) To restore the Republic.
4. In Agricola's third year in Britain, he focused on what in particular?
(a) He built forts.
(b) He extended the conquered land to the entire isle.
(c) Tried to leave Britain for Germany.
(d) Granted citizenship for all of Britain.
5. What did Tacitus deny existed in Germany?
(b) Domestic slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mattingly believes Tacitus underrated what about Rome and Germany's relationship?
2. How did the public feel about Agricola's role in Britain?
3. Of the following, what was more resented by the people than tax?
4. According to Mattingly, what was most important to Tacitus in his life?
5. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)