|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was so unique about the German tribe Chauci?
(a) They were pacifists.
(b) They sung during battle.
(c) They wore their hair long.
(d) They dwelled in peace as well as in war.
2. What was an obligation of a follower to a German chief in addition to protecting him?
(a) Let the chief have the follower's credit of heroism.
(b) Let the chief have his daughter in marriage.
(c) Protect the chief's family as well.
(d) Give a portion of his spoils to the chief after a pillage.
3. Of all the German tribes, which held the greatest in number?
4. How was Arminius received at home after his win over Quintillius?
(a) They looked upon him suspiciously of the truth.
(b) He was paraded around.
(c) He was neither celebrated nor thought of.
(d) He was killed by his enemies that were his own countrymen.
5. What held back efficiency in a German assembly of chiefs?
(b) Lack of leadership.
(c) Lack of punctuality.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Introduction, Mattingly claims the Germans needed what if they were to ever reach maturity?
2. What was Agricola's reaction to the first attack under his consul?
3. How did Agricola's arrival in Britain differ from the usual arrival of a new governor?
4. What benefit was there for Agricola when he married Domitia Decidiana?
5. Tacitus summed up Agricola's features as __________.
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)