|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event caused such a great financial loss to the state that Agricola had to rectify it?
(b) The people looted after a great fire.
(c) Infestation of a corn beetle.
2. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
(a) They ran into the Fenni and were almost eaten by them.
(b) They had the best victory over Roman legions in history.
(c) They almost drowned in stormy seas off the coast of Britain.
(d) They sailed around North Britain, starved and were mistaken as pirates.
3. In the battle against the united British tribes on Mount Graupius, how did the number of fallen compare?
(a) 10,000 British, 360 Romans.
(b) 360 British, 10,000 Romans.
(c) 500 British, 300 Romans.
(d) 1000 British, 1000 Romans.
4. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
(a) By Tacitus' detailed accounts.
(b) By Mattingly's history research.
(c) By Trajan's detailed accounts.
(d) Through archaelogical excavation.
5. Where did Agricola primarily spend his time in the military?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Nerva bring the praetorian guards to obedience?
2. Where did Agricola stand when fighting with his men?
3. Mattingly states all of the following are "characteristic weaknesses" of ancient Germans EXCEPT what?
4. In Chapter 31, why did Mattingly believe Tacitus was mistaken in saying the Brigantes burned a Roman colony under a woman ruler?
5. Who got to voice their opinions in major affairs in German tribes?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)