|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Agricola's death received in general?
(a) It seemed to concern everyone.
(b) The enemies celebrated.
(c) Many did not notice.
(d) Domitian disallowed grievance over Agricola.
2. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
3. What did Otho's fleet do to Agricola?
(a) Denied his power as consul and disobeyed his orders.
(b) Surprise attacked him from the rear.
(c) Murdered his mother and plundered her fortunes.
(d) Poisoned him.
4. What happened to the emperor of Rome?
(a) Died in old age.
(c) Killed in battle.
(d) Understood the significance of the Senate during his reign.
5. What evidence shows Tacitus could have been wrong in claiming Domitian's triumph was a sham?
(a) Modern archaeology confirms a genuine victory.
(b) Another biography on Domitian states otherwise.
(c) Record books show Domitian's presence in Germany.
(d) There is no evidence Domitian ever made such a claim.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rome's first attempt to conquer Britain can be described as __________.
2. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
3. How did Agricola's father get Gaius the emperor angry at him?
4. What held back efficiency in a German assembly of chiefs?
5. What benefit was there for Agricola when he married Domitia Decidiana?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)