|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What benefit was there for Agricola when he married Domitia Decidiana?
(a) Social distinction.
(b) Greater monetary wealth.
(c) A closer relationship with Domitian.
(d) A closer relationship to the governor of Britain.
2. Modern knowledge shows what about Tacitus' account of German dress?
(a) Tacitus gave a narrow view of the varying dress between tribes.
(b) Tacitus did not really talk about the German's dress.
(c) Images from reliefs and coins contradict Tacitus' account.
(d) Reliefs and coins shows agreement and further evidence.
3. Who was the earth-born god of the Germans?
4. What was one of the most shameful acts a German soldier could do?
(a) Kill a woman or child.
(b) Cut his hair.
(c) Die before his first kill.
(d) Throw away his shield.
5. How was Agricola's death received in general?
(a) Many did not notice.
(b) The enemies celebrated.
(c) It seemed to concern everyone.
(d) Domitian disallowed grievance over Agricola.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Agricola stand when fighting with his men?
2. The British speech Tacitus paraphrased in "The Agricola" that was used to rally against the Romans can be summed up in which statement?
3. Although feuds between families passed on to heirs, what reconciled them?
4. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
5. What was so unique about the German tribe Chauci?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)