|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the outcome when the British launched a night attack on the 9th legion?
(a) Despite the surprise, the sheer number outweighed the British and the 9th legion won.
(b) Agricola followed and attacked the British from the rear.
(c) The British succeeded and brought the momentum into future battles.
(d) The 9th legion lost many and got incorporated into Agricola's legion.
2. In Agricola's third year in Britain, he focused on what in particular?
(a) Granted citizenship for all of Britain.
(b) Tried to leave Britain for Germany.
(c) He built forts.
(d) He extended the conquered land to the entire isle.
3. How did Domitian receive news of Agricola's successes?
(a) He was proud of his men.
(b) He was elated for some good news.
(c) He was jealous.
(d) He was more concerned with Germany and dismissed the news.
4. Why did Tacitus feel the need to apologize for his life?
(a) He failed to be as great as Agricola.
(b) He was a Senator during tyranny.
(c) He failed to prevent Agricola's poisoning.
(d) He lacked in military success.
5. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
(a) The Osi.
(b) The Celtics.
(c) The Spaniards.
(d) The Gauls.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason would the Romans not bother to conquer a country?
2. How do present historians know about British kings of the past?
3. Tacitus believed the Germans loved what the most?
4. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
5. How did Augustus handle the Germans?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)