|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tacitus claimed Domitian was ridiculed by the people for what reason?
(a) His son was a coward in battle.
(b) His wife commited adultery.
(c) A fake triumph in Germany.
(d) A fake triumph in Britain.
2. What was the outcome when the British launched a night attack on the 9th legion?
(a) The British succeeded and brought the momentum into future battles.
(b) Despite the surprise, the sheer number outweighed the British and the 9th legion won.
(c) The 9th legion lost many and got incorporated into Agricola's legion.
(d) Agricola followed and attacked the British from the rear.
3. Which Caledonian addressed the British men to inspire courage against the Romans?
4. Tacitus summed up Agricola's features as __________.
5. According to a Caledonian, what kept the Gauls and Germans under Roman rule?
(a) The benefits under Roman rule.
(b) Lack of warfare experience.
(d) Terror and intimidation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between which years was Tacitus alive?
2. Tacitus believed the Germans loved what the most?
3. For what reason would the Romans not bother to conquer a country?
4. Why did Tacitus feel the need to apologize for his life?
5. During Agricola's praetorship, his responsibility of public games can be described as __________.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)