|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the outcome when the British launched a night attack on the 9th legion?
(a) The British succeeded and brought the momentum into future battles.
(b) Agricola followed and attacked the British from the rear.
(c) Despite the surprise, the sheer number outweighed the British and the 9th legion won.
(d) The 9th legion lost many and got incorporated into Agricola's legion.
2. When Cerealis became the British governor, how did Agricola prove himself to him?
(a) He did well with army detachment missions.
(b) He stood up to Cerealis when he disagreed with a plan.
(c) He always agreed with Cerealis.
(d) He was the first to offer himself in the line of duty.
3. What happened to Britain's hold after Agricola left?
(a) Little change occurred.
(b) Many forts were abandoned.
(c) Everything won had been lost.
(d) There was a steady weakening of Roman hold.
4. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
(a) To restore the Republic.
(b) To extend the Roman Empire to twice its size.
(c) To conquer and restore Roman honor.
(d) To overtake all of Britain and Ireland.
5. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. What benefit was there for Agricola when he married Domitia Decidiana?
2. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
3. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
4. Mattingly believes Tacitus underrated what about Rome and Germany's relationship?
5. According to Mattingly, what seems to be missing from Tacitus' accounts of Britain?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)