|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was so interested in German culture that he wrote about it?
(a) He believed Germans would make great slaves.
(b) He believed Germans were desecendants from the same gods.
(c) He believed Germans were a constant threat.
(d) He believed Germans had much to offer Roman civilization.
2. Mattingly observes what defect in Tactitus' writings?
(a) Carelessness in proper names and dates.
(b) Carelessness in geography and military history.
(d) Exaggeration of stories.
3. What rumor was spread after Agricola's death?
(a) His triumphs were shams.
(b) He never fought in a battle.
(c) He commited suicide.
(d) He was poisoned.
4. What did Tacitus credit to changing the Gaul's warlike past?
(b) Peace within Roman life.
(c) Tacitus' famous oration on peace.
(d) Their inferiority to German warriors.
5. What was Rome's knowledge of Britain during Tacitus' lifetime?
(a) Occasional accounts until Agricola arrived and campaigned.
(b) Nothing more than there were peoples there.
(c) They believed Britain was part of Spain.
(d) Complete exploration and knowledge due to Julius Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Agricola was brought up with an education in __________.
2. What was Agricola best known for?
3. Who was finally able to restore Roman prestige after years of cruel emperors?
4. What lesson from others' experience did Agricola consider when he was victorious in battles?
5. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)