|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What benefit was there for Agricola when he married Domitia Decidiana?
(a) Greater monetary wealth.
(b) A closer relationship to the governor of Britain.
(c) Social distinction.
(d) A closer relationship with Domitian.
2. How did the British help the Romans succeed in conquering more regions?
(a) The British tribes fought against one another.
(b) The British were fooled to give away their horses to the Romans.
(c) The British underestimated the Roman leaders and was not prepared for war.
(d) The British allied with the Romans on campaigns into Germany.
3. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
(a) By Mattingly's history research.
(b) By Tacitus' detailed accounts.
(c) Through archaelogical excavation.
(d) By Trajan's detailed accounts.
4. Tacitus felt what lesson was the hardest to remember in philosophy?
(a) A sense of proportion.
(b) Accordance between religion and humanities.
5. How did Agricola's father get Gaius the emperor angry at him?
(a) He defied orders and campaigned past the Rhine.
(b) He attempted murder on one of his favorite Senators.
(c) He defied orders and refused to conquer Britain.
(d) He was famous and succeeded in life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would help a defendant of a crime if Agricola was the judge of punishment?
2. According to Tacitus, Agricola felt it was more "honourable to __________ than to hate."
3. In the Introduction, Mattingly claims the Germans needed what if they were to ever reach maturity?
4. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
5. Which German tribe(s) invaded Italy in 113 B.C.?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)