|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Rome's knowledge of Britain during Tacitus' lifetime?
(a) Complete exploration and knowledge due to Julius Caesar.
(b) Nothing more than there were peoples there.
(c) Occasional accounts until Agricola arrived and campaigned.
(d) They believed Britain was part of Spain.
2. What did Domitian offer Agricola for his triumph?
(a) A parade.
(c) A post in Germany.
3. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
(a) Gave useful military information.
(b) Became a slave for seven years.
(c) Enlisted in the army.
(d) Worked in the emperor's household.
4. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
(a) By Mattingly's history research.
(b) By Trajan's detailed accounts.
(c) Through archaelogical excavation.
(d) By Tacitus' detailed accounts.
5. Who was finally able to restore Roman prestige after years of cruel emperors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Agricola's reaction to the first attack under his consul?
2. Of the following, what was more resented by the people than tax?
3. What was Agricola's motivation to conquer Britain?
4. How did Augustus handle the Germans?
5. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)