|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between which years was Tacitus alive?
(a) B.C. 50-115.
(b) A.D. 85-150.
(c) A.D. 500-1115.
(d) A.D. 50-115.
2. Why was so interested in German culture that he wrote about it?
(a) He believed Germans would make great slaves.
(b) He believed Germans had much to offer Roman civilization.
(c) He believed Germans were a constant threat.
(d) He believed Germans were desecendants from the same gods.
3. How did the public feel about Agricola's role in Britain?
(a) They felt he was a failure in his campaigns.
(b) They believed he was a puppet of Domitian.
(c) They thought he was too soft with the British.
(d) They were in favor of his work.
4. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
(a) Gave useful military information.
(b) Became a slave for seven years.
(c) Worked in the emperor's household.
(d) Enlisted in the army.
5. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
(a) The Romans fighting against a brick wall with no arms.
(b) A slow but progressive campaign by the Romans.
(c) A rollover of the British isle by the Romans.
(d) A swing of victories between both parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Tacitus' time, a person who wrote an autobiography was considered to be__________.
2. According to Mattingly, what belief lies in "The Agricola"?
3. Mattingly believes Tacitus underrated what about Rome and Germany's relationship?
4. How was Arminius received at home after his win over Quintillius?
5. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)