|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mattingly observes what defect in Tactitus' writings?
(b) Carelessness in proper names and dates.
(c) Exaggeration of stories.
(d) Carelessness in geography and military history.
2. How did Agricola's arrival in Britain differ from the usual arrival of a new governor?
(a) There was a parade.
(b) There was no pagaentry.
(c) The auxiliaries had put on a military salute for him.
(d) The legions saluted him.
3. Tacitus credited whom for Roman successes?
(a) The enemies for their own faults.
(b) The great line of emperors.
(c) The governors of the provinces.
(d) The Roman people.
4. For what reason would the Romans not bother to conquer a country?
(a) No reason. They would conquer any country.
(b) It was a poor country.
(c) It lacked good agricultural lands.
(d) It did not have any form of resource.
5. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
(a) The Osi.
(b) The Spaniards.
(c) The Celtics.
(d) The Gauls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
2. Tacitus believed the Germans loved what the most?
3. How did the British help the Romans succeed in conquering more regions?
4. Which Caledonian addressed the British men to inspire courage against the Romans?
5. What was Rome's knowledge of Britain during Tacitus' lifetime?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)