|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was ruling the Roman Empire when Gallic tribes revolted against Rome and proclaimed their own empire?
2. Of the following, what was most upsetting for Tacitus in regards to Agricola's death?
(a) He could not be with Agricola in his time of death.
(b) No one was able to find the true murderer.
(c) Agricola suffered a long and painful death.
(d) Agricola did not get to meet his grandchildren.
3. What was Rome's knowledge of Britain during Tacitus' lifetime?
(a) Occasional accounts until Agricola arrived and campaigned.
(b) Nothing more than there were peoples there.
(c) They believed Britain was part of Spain.
(d) Complete exploration and knowledge due to Julius Caesar.
4. Where did Rome tend to enact its rules?
(a) Amongst the impoverished rural areas.
(b) They were unsuccessful in doing so.
(c) In the cities and money classes.
(d) In the conquered colonies.
5. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
(a) By Tacitus' detailed accounts.
(b) By Trajan's detailed accounts.
(c) By Mattingly's history research.
(d) Through archaelogical excavation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political harmony did Tacitus wish to see in the Roman Republic?
2. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
3. Why did Rome want to conquer Britain?
4. In the Introduction, Mattingly claims the Germans needed what if they were to ever reach maturity?
5. Why was so interested in German culture that he wrote about it?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)