|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Agricola's praetorship, his responsibility of public games can be described as __________.
(a) A happy medium.
(b) Strictly prohibitive.
(c) Too sparse in public opinion.
2. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
(a) To conquer and restore Roman honor.
(b) To restore the Republic.
(c) To extend the Roman Empire to twice its size.
(d) To overtake all of Britain and Ireland.
3. How did the public feel about Agricola's role in Britain?
(a) They believed he was a puppet of Domitian.
(b) They felt he was a failure in his campaigns.
(c) They were in favor of his work.
(d) They thought he was too soft with the British.
4. Which Roman ruler was the first to try to conquer Britain?
(d) Julius Caesar.
5. How did Agricola's father get Gaius the emperor angry at him?
(a) He defied orders and campaigned past the Rhine.
(b) He attempted murder on one of his favorite Senators.
(c) He defied orders and refused to conquer Britain.
(d) He was famous and succeeded in life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the British help the Romans succeed in conquering more regions?
2. Tacitus summed up Agricola's features as __________.
3. How were officials chosen for provinces?
4. What was Agricola's motivation to conquer Britain?
5. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)