|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cerealis became the British governor, how did Agricola prove himself to him?
(a) He was the first to offer himself in the line of duty.
(b) He did well with army detachment missions.
(c) He stood up to Cerealis when he disagreed with a plan.
(d) He always agreed with Cerealis.
2. What happened to Britain's hold after Agricola left?
(a) Everything won had been lost.
(b) Many forts were abandoned.
(c) Little change occurred.
(d) There was a steady weakening of Roman hold.
3. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
(a) To overtake all of Britain and Ireland.
(b) To conquer and restore Roman honor.
(c) To restore the Republic.
(d) To extend the Roman Empire to twice its size.
4. Which Roman ruler was the first to try to conquer Britain?
(a) Julius Caesar.
5. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
(a) 578 A.D. - 584 A.D.
(b) 78-84 A.D.
(c) 53-68 A.D.
(d) 2 A.D. - 7 A.D.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tacitus claimed the British military's strength was in __________.
2. Which Caledonian addressed the British men to inspire courage against the Romans?
3. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
4. According to a Caledonian, what kept the Gauls and Germans under Roman rule?
5. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)