|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tacitus felt what lesson was the hardest to remember in philosophy?
(a) Accordance between religion and humanities.
(d) A sense of proportion.
2. Between which years was Tacitus alive?
(a) A.D. 85-150.
(b) A.D. 50-115.
(c) B.C. 50-115.
(d) A.D. 500-1115.
3. Before Tacitus' time, a person who wrote an autobiography was considered to be__________.
(c) Not worth reading about.
4. Of the following, what was more resented by the people than tax?
(a) The lack of citizenship.
(b) The emperor's power.
(c) Profiteering tricks.
(d) Occupation of the Roman army.
5. Mattingly states all of the following are "characteristic weaknesses" of ancient Germans EXCEPT what?
(b) Passion for war.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Agricola's praetorship, his responsibility of public games can be described as __________.
2. In the Introduction, Mattingly claims the Germans needed what if they were to ever reach maturity?
3. What did Agricola not live to see?
4. Why did Tacitus provide so much British history in "The Agricola"?
5. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)