|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
2. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
(a) Initiate legislation.
(b) Military command.
(c) Ability to recall elections.
(d) Power of censorship.
3. Despite a quiet retirement, why did many ask Agricola to return to duty?
(a) Tacitus actively promoted the idea to everyone.
(b) He was charming and convincing with the enemy.
(c) He was the only one who kept Domitian in line.
(d) The other generals were failures.
4. What was Agricola's reaction to the first attack under his consul?
(a) He decided to wait and see.
(b) He went where the action was.
(c) He sent a messenger with a surrender's note.
(d) He asked the emperor what he should do.
5. What rumor was spread after Agricola's death?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He commited suicide.
(c) His triumphs were shams.
(d) He never fought in a battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Agricola was brought up with an education in __________.
2. The British speech Tacitus paraphrased in "The Agricola" that was used to rally against the Romans can be summed up in which statement?
3. Mattingly states all of the following are "characteristic weaknesses" of ancient Germans EXCEPT what?
4. What did Domitian offer Agricola for his triumph?
5. How were officials chosen for provinces?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)