|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
(a) He was killed by the Romans.
(b) He was poisoned by his wife.
(c) He was killed in battle against Britain.
(d) He was killed by other Germans.
2. In Agricola's third year in Britain, he focused on what in particular?
(a) Granted citizenship for all of Britain.
(b) Tried to leave Britain for Germany.
(c) He built forts.
(d) He extended the conquered land to the entire isle.
3. According to Tacitus, Agricola felt it was more "honourable to __________ than to hate."
(c) Be loyal.
4. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
5. Which German tribe(s) invaded Italy in 113 B.C.?
(c) Cimbri and Teutoni.
Short Answer Questions
1. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
2. Mattingly suggests modern Germany thinks of "The Germania" in what way?
3. Tacitus credited whom for Roman successes?
4. What did Agricola do in his first year that helped Britain appreciate peace more?
5. According to Mattingly, what seems to be missing from Tacitus' accounts of Britain?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)