|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Domitian offer Agricola for his triumph?
(a) A parade.
(c) A post in Germany.
2. When Agricola returned to Rome, why did he intentionally return at night?
(a) To avoid Domitian.
(b) The parade was more fun at night.
(c) To surprise his wife.
(d) To avoid publicity.
3. What did Otho's fleet do to Agricola?
(a) Denied his power as consul and disobeyed his orders.
(b) Surprise attacked him from the rear.
(c) Murdered his mother and plundered her fortunes.
(d) Poisoned him.
4. How was Agricola's death received in general?
(a) Domitian disallowed grievance over Agricola.
(b) Many did not notice.
(c) It seemed to concern everyone.
(d) The enemies celebrated.
5. Tacitus claimed Domitian was ridiculed by the people for what reason?
(a) His son was a coward in battle.
(b) His wife commited adultery.
(c) A fake triumph in Germany.
(d) A fake triumph in Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Agricola's praetorship, his responsibility of public games can be described as __________.
2. What rumor was spread after Agricola's death?
3. Mattingly states all of the following are "characteristic weaknesses" of ancient Germans EXCEPT what?
4. What did Tacitus credit to changing the Gaul's warlike past?
5. How did Agricola take advantage of his first victory?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)