|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mattingly suggests modern Germany thinks of "The Germania" in what way?
(a) As a patriotic piece.
(b) As wrong and banned from the schools.
(c) As an unofficial work without real evidence.
(d) As fictitious.
2. What did Agricola do in his first year that helped Britain appreciate peace more?
(a) Relaxed the presence of the Roman army.
(b) Did not always impose the emperor's laws that were harsh on the people.
(c) Was lenient in giving citizenships.
(d) Stopped corrupt officials.
3. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
(b) Stream of conscious.
(d) Brief and poetic.
4. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
(a) A slow creeping progress.
5. In the battle against the united British tribes on Mount Graupius, how did the number of fallen compare?
(a) 10,000 British, 360 Romans.
(b) 1000 British, 1000 Romans.
(c) 360 British, 10,000 Romans.
(d) 500 British, 300 Romans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mattingly observes what defect in Tactitus' writings?
2. According to Mattingly, what belief lies in "The Agricola"?
3. Of the following, what was more resented by the people than tax?
4. What was Agricola's motivation to conquer Britain?
5. Tired of Roman rule, under whom did the British unit to revolt while Paulinus was in Britain?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)