|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Roman ruler was the first to try to conquer Britain?
(d) Julius Caesar.
2. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
(a) Worked in the emperor's household.
(b) Gave useful military information.
(c) Enlisted in the army.
(d) Became a slave for seven years.
3. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
(a) A slow creeping progress.
4. Tacitus summed up Agricola's features as __________.
5. Where did Agricola primarily spend his time in the military?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Agricola's reaction to the first attack under his consul?
2. According to Mattingly, what was most important to Tacitus in his life?
3. In the Introduction, Mattingly claims the Germans needed what if they were to ever reach maturity?
4. What was Agricola's motivation to conquer Britain?
5. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)