|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was finally able to restore Roman prestige after years of cruel emperors?
2. In the Introduction, Mattingly claims the Germans needed what if they were to ever reach maturity?
(a) Power over drinking.
(b) A united kingdom.
(c) Roman discipline.
(d) A fierce ruler.
3. Rome's first attempt to conquer Britain can be described as __________.
(a) A failure.
(b) The beginning of colonialism.
(c) An easy success.
(d) The end of Celtic culture.
4. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
(a) He was killed in battle against Britain.
(b) He was killed by the Romans.
(c) He was poisoned by his wife.
(d) He was killed by other Germans.
5. Which German tribe(s) invaded Italy in 113 B.C.?
(d) Cimbri and Teutoni.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Nerva bring the praetorian guards to obedience?
2. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
3. Why did Tacitus feel the need to apologize for his life?
4. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
5. How did Tacitus handle his political position under an emperor?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)