|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mattingly suggests modern Germany thinks of "The Germania" in what way?
(a) As fictitious.
(b) As an unofficial work without real evidence.
(c) As a patriotic piece.
(d) As wrong and banned from the schools.
2. What did Tacitus deny existed in Germany?
(c) Domestic slavery.
3. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
(a) He was poisoned by his wife.
(b) He was killed in battle against Britain.
(c) He was killed by the Romans.
(d) He was killed by other Germans.
4. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
(a) The Osi.
(b) The Spaniards.
(c) The Celtics.
(d) The Gauls.
5. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
(a) To restore the Republic.
(b) To overtake all of Britain and Ireland.
(c) To extend the Roman Empire to twice its size.
(d) To conquer and restore Roman honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
2. Why did Rome want to conquer Britain?
3. Where did Rome tend to enact its rules?
4. What undertone does Mattingly suggest is written in "The Agricola"?
5. Who was ruling the Roman Empire when Gallic tribes revolted against Rome and proclaimed their own empire?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)