|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
(a) The Gauls.
(b) The Celtics.
(c) The Osi.
(d) The Spaniards.
2. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
(a) 78-84 A.D.
(b) 2 A.D. - 7 A.D.
(c) 53-68 A.D.
(d) 578 A.D. - 584 A.D.
3. Who was ruling the Roman Empire when Gallic tribes revolted against Rome and proclaimed their own empire?
4. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
(a) To overtake all of Britain and Ireland.
(b) To conquer and restore Roman honor.
(c) To extend the Roman Empire to twice its size.
(d) To restore the Republic.
5. What was Rome's knowledge of Britain during Tacitus' lifetime?
(a) Nothing more than there were peoples there.
(b) Complete exploration and knowledge due to Julius Caesar.
(c) They believed Britain was part of Spain.
(d) Occasional accounts until Agricola arrived and campaigned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the emperor of Rome?
2. Where did Rome tend to enact its rules?
3. How did Augustus handle the Germans?
4. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
5. What was Agricola best known for?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)