|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mattingly suggests modern Germany thinks of "The Germania" in what way?
(a) As wrong and banned from the schools.
(b) As an unofficial work without real evidence.
(c) As fictitious.
(d) As a patriotic piece.
2. Mattingly observes what defect in Tactitus' writings?
(a) Exaggeration of stories.
(b) Carelessness in proper names and dates.
(c) Carelessness in geography and military history.
3. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
(a) Stream of conscious.
(d) Brief and poetic.
4. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
(a) A swing of victories between both parties.
(b) A slow but progressive campaign by the Romans.
(c) The Romans fighting against a brick wall with no arms.
(d) A rollover of the British isle by the Romans.
5. Mattingly believes Tacitus underrated what about Rome and Germany's relationship?
(a) The amount of trade that occurred.
(b) Their influence of advancing weaponry in each other's culture.
(c) The diplomatic assemblies that occurred without violence.
(d) The equal influence of religious culture on one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
2. How was Arminius received at home after his win over Quintillius?
3. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
4. Which Roman ruler was the first to try to conquer Britain?
5. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)