|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
(a) He was Agricola's son.
(b) He was Agricola's son-in-law.
(c) He was Agricola's military right hand man.
(d) They had no direct relationship.
2. Mattingly suggests modern Germany thinks of "The Germania" in what way?
(a) As fictitious.
(b) As an unofficial work without real evidence.
(c) As wrong and banned from the schools.
(d) As a patriotic piece.
3. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
(a) Brief and poetic.
(b) Stream of conscious.
4. Why did Tacitus feel the need to apologize for his life?
(a) He was a Senator during tyranny.
(b) He failed to be as great as Agricola.
(c) He failed to prevent Agricola's poisoning.
(d) He lacked in military success.
5. What happened to the emperor of Rome?
(a) Killed in battle.
(b) Died in old age.
(c) Understood the significance of the Senate during his reign.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Britain's hold after Agricola left?
2. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
3. Why did Tacitus provide so much British history in "The Agricola"?
4. Where did Agricola primarily spend his time in the military?
5. Which German tribe(s) invaded Italy in 113 B.C.?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)