|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
(a) Worked in the emperor's household.
(b) Gave useful military information.
(c) Became a slave for seven years.
(d) Enlisted in the army.
2. Tacitus noted that the Germans felt which way about gold and silver?
(a) They believed gold and silver were the best metal for weaponry.
(b) They used it for trade between Germans only.
(c) They had no personal taste for it.
(d) They were acquired greedily by the wealthy.
3. Tacitus believed the Germans loved what the most?
4. According to Mattingly, what was most important to Tacitus in his life?
(a) His career.
(b) The reigning emperor.
(c) His mother.
(d) His family.
5. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
(a) Military command.
(b) Power of censorship.
(c) Ability to recall elections.
(d) Initiate legislation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Agricola's successes become so famous?
2. How did Augustus handle the Germans?
3. What undertone does Mattingly suggest is written in "The Agricola"?
4. Mattingly suggests modern Germany thinks of "The Germania" in what way?
5. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)