|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tacitus believed the Germans loved what the most?
2. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
(a) The Spaniards.
(b) The Gauls.
(c) The Osi.
(d) The Celtics.
3. Where did Rome tend to enact its rules?
(a) Amongst the impoverished rural areas.
(b) In the conquered colonies.
(c) They were unsuccessful in doing so.
(d) In the cities and money classes.
4. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
5. How did Tacitus handle his political position under an emperor?
(a) Believed in whatever the emperor believed in.
(b) Unwavering with his own stance.
(c) Usually manipulated the officials of the emperor to take his stance.
(d) Followed loyally, despite his own feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between which years was Tacitus alive?
2. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
3. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
4. In the Introduction, Mattingly claims the Germans needed what if they were to ever reach maturity?
5. Where did Agricola primarily spend his time in the military?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)