|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
2. Tacitus noted that the Germans felt which way about gold and silver?
(a) They believed gold and silver were the best metal for weaponry.
(b) They had no personal taste for it.
(c) They used it for trade between Germans only.
(d) They were acquired greedily by the wealthy.
3. According to Mattingly, what seems to be missing from Tacitus' accounts of Britain?
(a) Its climate.
(b) Its culture.
(c) Its geography.
(d) Agricola's role in the isle.
4. Why did Tacitus feel the need to apologize for his life?
(a) He lacked in military success.
(b) He failed to prevent Agricola's poisoning.
(c) He failed to be as great as Agricola.
(d) He was a Senator during tyranny.
5. What happened to the emperor of Rome?
(b) Understood the significance of the Senate during his reign.
(c) Died in old age.
(d) Killed in battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which German tribe(s) invaded Italy in 113 B.C.?
2. Why did Rome want to conquer Britain?
3. Why was so interested in German culture that he wrote about it?
4. Why did Tacitus provide so much British history in "The Agricola"?
5. Where did Rome tend to enact its rules?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)