|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mattingly, what seems to be missing from Tacitus' accounts of Britain?
(a) Its culture.
(b) Its climate.
(c) Its geography.
(d) Agricola's role in the isle.
2. Rome's first attempt to conquer Britain can be described as __________.
(a) The end of Celtic culture.
(b) An easy success.
(c) A failure.
(d) The beginning of colonialism.
3. Tacitus believed the Germans loved what the most?
4. What happened to the emperor of Rome?
(a) Died in old age.
(b) Understood the significance of the Senate during his reign.
(d) Killed in battle.
5. Who helped Nerva bring the praetorian guards to obedience?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
2. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
3. Why did Tacitus feel the need to apologize for his life?
4. Which German tribe(s) invaded Italy in 113 B.C.?
5. Mattingly states all of the following are "characteristic weaknesses" of ancient Germans EXCEPT what?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)