|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
(a) He was killed in battle against Britain.
(b) He was killed by the Romans.
(c) He was poisoned by his wife.
(d) He was killed by other Germans.
2. According to Mattingly, what belief lies in "The Agricola"?
(a) The origin of white man's burden.
(b) Roman destiny.
(c) Pure races.
3. Mattingly observes what defect in Tactitus' writings?
(a) Carelessness in geography and military history.
(b) Exaggeration of stories.
(d) Carelessness in proper names and dates.
4. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
(a) He was Agricola's son-in-law.
(b) They had no direct relationship.
(c) He was Agricola's military right hand man.
(d) He was Agricola's son.
5. Tacitus noted that the Germans felt which way about gold and silver?
(a) They believed gold and silver were the best metal for weaponry.
(b) They had no personal taste for it.
(c) They were acquired greedily by the wealthy.
(d) They used it for trade between Germans only.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was so interested in German culture that he wrote about it?
2. How did Agricola's successes become so famous?
3. Why did Rome want to conquer Britain?
4. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
5. Mattingly believes Tacitus underrated what about Rome and Germany's relationship?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)