|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mattingly, what belief lies in "The Agricola"?
(a) The origin of white man's burden.
(c) Roman destiny.
(d) Pure races.
2. Mattingly states all of the following are "characteristic weaknesses" of ancient Germans EXCEPT what?
(d) Passion for war.
3. Who was finally able to restore Roman prestige after years of cruel emperors?
4. Who was ruling the Roman Empire when Gallic tribes revolted against Rome and proclaimed their own empire?
5. Tacitus believed the Germans loved what the most?
Short Answer Questions
1. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
2. Where did Rome tend to enact its rules?
3. What happened to the emperor of Rome?
4. Which Roman ruler was the first to try to conquer Britain?
5. As stated by Mattingly, how does Tacitus compare to other historians of his age in regards to his writings about Germany?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)