|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tacitus noted that the Germans felt which way about gold and silver?
(a) They had no personal taste for it.
(b) They were acquired greedily by the wealthy.
(c) They used it for trade between Germans only.
(d) They believed gold and silver were the best metal for weaponry.
2. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
(c) A slow creeping progress.
3. Mattingly states all of the following are "characteristic weaknesses" of ancient Germans EXCEPT what?
(d) Passion for war.
4. Which German tribe(s) invaded Italy in 113 B.C.?
(d) Cimbri and Teutoni.
5. How did Tacitus handle his political position under an emperor?
(a) Unwavering with his own stance.
(b) Followed loyally, despite his own feelings.
(c) Believed in whatever the emperor believed in.
(d) Usually manipulated the officials of the emperor to take his stance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Britain's hold after Agricola left?
2. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
3. Who was finally able to restore Roman prestige after years of cruel emperors?
4. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
5. Rome's first attempt to conquer Britain can be described as __________.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)