|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Introduction, Mattingly claims the Germans needed what if they were to ever reach maturity?
(a) A fierce ruler.
(b) Roman discipline.
(c) A united kingdom.
(d) Power over drinking.
2. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
(a) 78-84 A.D.
(b) 53-68 A.D.
(c) 2 A.D. - 7 A.D.
(d) 578 A.D. - 584 A.D.
3. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
(a) A rollover of the British isle by the Romans.
(b) A slow but progressive campaign by the Romans.
(c) A swing of victories between both parties.
(d) The Romans fighting against a brick wall with no arms.
4. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
(a) The Celtics.
(b) The Osi.
(c) The Spaniards.
(d) The Gauls.
5. Which Roman ruler was the first to try to conquer Britain?
(d) Julius Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mattingly, what belief lies in "The Agricola"?
2. What undertone does Mattingly suggest is written in "The Agricola"?
3. Why did Tacitus feel the need to apologize for his life?
4. How did Agricola's successes become so famous?
5. Which German tribe(s) invaded Italy in 113 B.C.?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)