|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tacitus noted that the Germans felt which way about gold and silver?
(a) They had no personal taste for it.
(b) They used it for trade between Germans only.
(c) They were acquired greedily by the wealthy.
(d) They believed gold and silver were the best metal for weaponry.
2. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
(a) He was killed by other Germans.
(b) He was poisoned by his wife.
(c) He was killed in battle against Britain.
(d) He was killed by the Romans.
3. Where did Rome tend to enact its rules?
(a) In the cities and money classes.
(b) They were unsuccessful in doing so.
(c) Amongst the impoverished rural areas.
(d) In the conquered colonies.
4. In the Introduction, Mattingly claims the Germans needed what if they were to ever reach maturity?
(a) Power over drinking.
(b) A united kingdom.
(c) A fierce ruler.
(d) Roman discipline.
5. Who was finally able to restore Roman prestige after years of cruel emperors?
Short Answer Questions
1. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
2. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
3. Why did Rome want to conquer Britain?
4. According to Mattingly, what was most important to Tacitus in his life?
5. Why did Tacitus provide so much British history in "The Agricola"?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)