|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Agricola's successes become so famous?
(a) Trajan wrote a famous eulogy.
(b) Via Domitian's excessive praise.
(c) Through Tacitus' writings.
(d) The number of archaelogical evidence of his forts.
2. What undertone does Mattingly suggest is written in "The Agricola"?
(a) The emperor is too egocentric to see the Empire's weaknesses.
(b) The Roman Empire should never have tried to conquer Germany.
(c) Agricola single-handedly conquered Britain.
(d) A political tone of moderation.
3. According to Mattingly, what was most important to Tacitus in his life?
(a) His mother.
(b) The reigning emperor.
(c) His career.
(d) His family.
4. According to Mattingly, what seems to be missing from Tacitus' accounts of Britain?
(a) Its culture.
(b) Agricola's role in the isle.
(c) Its geography.
(d) Its climate.
5. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
(a) A swing of victories between both parties.
(b) The Romans fighting against a brick wall with no arms.
(c) A slow but progressive campaign by the Romans.
(d) A rollover of the British isle by the Romans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rome tend to enact its rules?
2. In the Introduction, Mattingly claims the Germans needed what if they were to ever reach maturity?
3. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
4. What happened to Britain's hold after Agricola left?
5. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)