|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
(a) The Spaniards.
(b) The Gauls.
(c) The Celtics.
(d) The Osi.
2. Where did Rome tend to enact its rules?
(a) In the conquered colonies.
(b) Amongst the impoverished rural areas.
(c) In the cities and money classes.
(d) They were unsuccessful in doing so.
3. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
(a) Enlisted in the army.
(b) Worked in the emperor's household.
(c) Became a slave for seven years.
(d) Gave useful military information.
4. According to Mattingly, what seems to be missing from Tacitus' accounts of Britain?
(a) Its geography.
(b) Agricola's role in the isle.
(c) Its climate.
(d) Its culture.
5. What happened to Britain's hold after Agricola left?
(a) Everything won had been lost.
(b) Little change occurred.
(c) There was a steady weakening of Roman hold.
(d) Many forts were abandoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Tacitus provide so much British history in "The Agricola"?
2. How did Agricola's successes become so famous?
3. What was Agricola best known for?
4. What did Tacitus deny existed in Germany?
5. Rome's first attempt to conquer Britain can be described as __________.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)