|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
(a) Gave useful military information.
(b) Worked in the emperor's household.
(c) Enlisted in the army.
(d) Became a slave for seven years.
2. According to Mattingly, what was most important to Tacitus in his life?
(a) His family.
(b) The reigning emperor.
(c) His mother.
(d) His career.
3. Mattingly states all of the following are "characteristic weaknesses" of ancient Germans EXCEPT what?
(a) Passion for war.
4. What was Agricola best known for?
(a) His tactics and forts.
(b) His diplomatic skills.
(c) His oratory skills.
(d) His ability to execute a surprise attack.
5. Where did Rome tend to enact its rules?
(a) Amongst the impoverished rural areas.
(b) They were unsuccessful in doing so.
(c) In the cities and money classes.
(d) In the conquered colonies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
2. Which Roman ruler was the first to try to conquer Britain?
3. As stated by Mattingly, how does Tacitus compare to other historians of his age in regards to his writings about Germany?
4. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
5. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)