|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
(a) Brief and poetic.
(d) Stream of conscious.
2. Why did Tacitus provide so much British history in "The Agricola"?
(a) It showed how British history influenced Roman culture.
(b) It compared how much Agricola did for the Empire.
(c) It showed how the Roman Empire improved British lives.
(d) It was a warning to the Roman Empire of their dangerous presence.
3. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
(a) Enlisted in the army.
(b) Gave useful military information.
(c) Worked in the emperor's household.
(d) Became a slave for seven years.
4. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
(a) They had no direct relationship.
(b) He was Agricola's son.
(c) He was Agricola's son-in-law.
(d) He was Agricola's military right hand man.
5. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
(a) A slow but progressive campaign by the Romans.
(b) The Romans fighting against a brick wall with no arms.
(c) A rollover of the British isle by the Romans.
(d) A swing of victories between both parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rome's knowledge of Britain during Tacitus' lifetime?
2. How was Arminius received at home after his win over Quintillius?
3. What happened to Britain's hold after Agricola left?
4. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
5. Where did Rome tend to enact its rules?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)