|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
(c) Brief and poetic.
(d) Stream of conscious.
2. In the Introduction, Mattingly claims the Germans needed what if they were to ever reach maturity?
(a) Roman discipline.
(b) A fierce ruler.
(c) Power over drinking.
(d) A united kingdom.
3. How was Arminius received at home after his win over Quintillius?
(a) They looked upon him suspiciously of the truth.
(b) He was killed by his enemies that were his own countrymen.
(c) He was neither celebrated nor thought of.
(d) He was paraded around.
4. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
5. What undertone does Mattingly suggest is written in "The Agricola"?
(a) A political tone of moderation.
(b) The Roman Empire should never have tried to conquer Germany.
(c) The emperor is too egocentric to see the Empire's weaknesses.
(d) Agricola single-handedly conquered Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
2. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
3. Mattingly believes Tacitus underrated what about Rome and Germany's relationship?
4. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
5. Which Roman ruler was the first to try to conquer Britain?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)