|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rome's first attempt to conquer Britain can be described as __________.
(a) A failure.
(b) The end of Celtic culture.
(c) An easy success.
(d) The beginning of colonialism.
2. Who was ruling the Roman Empire when Gallic tribes revolted against Rome and proclaimed their own empire?
3. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
(b) A slow creeping progress.
4. Tacitus noted that the Germans felt which way about gold and silver?
(a) They had no personal taste for it.
(b) They believed gold and silver were the best metal for weaponry.
(c) They used it for trade between Germans only.
(d) They were acquired greedily by the wealthy.
5. How did Agricola's successes become so famous?
(a) Via Domitian's excessive praise.
(b) Through Tacitus' writings.
(c) Trajan wrote a famous eulogy.
(d) The number of archaelogical evidence of his forts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Introduction, Mattingly claims the Germans needed what if they were to ever reach maturity?
2. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
3. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
4. What happened to the emperor of Rome?
5. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)