|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tacitus believed the Germans loved what the most?
2. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
(a) To overtake all of Britain and Ireland.
(b) To restore the Republic.
(c) To conquer and restore Roman honor.
(d) To extend the Roman Empire to twice its size.
3. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
(a) By Mattingly's history research.
(b) By Trajan's detailed accounts.
(c) By Tacitus' detailed accounts.
(d) Through archaelogical excavation.
4. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
(a) Brief and poetic.
(b) Stream of conscious.
5. What was Rome's knowledge of Britain during Tacitus' lifetime?
(a) Occasional accounts until Agricola arrived and campaigned.
(b) They believed Britain was part of Spain.
(c) Nothing more than there were peoples there.
(d) Complete exploration and knowledge due to Julius Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Britain's hold after Agricola left?
2. Where did Rome tend to enact its rules?
3. Which German tribe(s) invaded Italy in 113 B.C.?
4. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
5. Why did Tacitus provide so much British history in "The Agricola"?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)