|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
(a) He was poisoned by his wife.
(b) He was killed by other Germans.
(c) He was killed by the Romans.
(d) He was killed in battle against Britain.
2. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
(a) Ability to recall elections.
(b) Power of censorship.
(c) Military command.
(d) Initiate legislation.
3. What was Rome's knowledge of Britain during Tacitus' lifetime?
(a) They believed Britain was part of Spain.
(b) Occasional accounts until Agricola arrived and campaigned.
(c) Nothing more than there were peoples there.
(d) Complete exploration and knowledge due to Julius Caesar.
4. Why did Rome want to conquer Britain?
(a) For their knowledge of arms.
(b) For their gold and silver.
(c) Purely for victory over more lands.
(d) For revenge.
5. Rome's first attempt to conquer Britain can be described as __________.
(a) An easy success.
(b) The beginning of colonialism.
(c) The end of Celtic culture.
(d) A failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between which years was Tacitus alive?
2. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
3. Who was ruling the Roman Empire when Gallic tribes revolted against Rome and proclaimed their own empire?
4. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
5. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)