|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
(a) Stream of conscious.
(c) Brief and poetic.
2. Why did Tacitus feel the need to apologize for his life?
(a) He failed to be as great as Agricola.
(b) He was a Senator during tyranny.
(c) He lacked in military success.
(d) He failed to prevent Agricola's poisoning.
3. Tacitus noted that the Germans felt which way about gold and silver?
(a) They believed gold and silver were the best metal for weaponry.
(b) They had no personal taste for it.
(c) They were acquired greedily by the wealthy.
(d) They used it for trade between Germans only.
4. Where did Rome tend to enact its rules?
(a) Amongst the impoverished rural areas.
(b) In the cities and money classes.
(c) They were unsuccessful in doing so.
(d) In the conquered colonies.
5. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
(a) Power of censorship.
(b) Initiate legislation.
(c) Ability to recall elections.
(d) Military command.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
2. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
3. Where did Agricola primarily spend his time in the military?
4. How did Agricola's successes become so famous?
5. What happened to Britain's hold after Agricola left?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)