|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mattingly, what seems to be missing from Tacitus' accounts of Britain?
(a) Its geography.
(b) Its climate.
(c) Agricola's role in the isle.
(d) Its culture.
2. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
3. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
(a) Brief and poetic.
(b) Stream of conscious.
4. Tacitus believed the Germans loved what the most?
5. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
(a) Worked in the emperor's household.
(b) Gave useful military information.
(c) Enlisted in the army.
(d) Became a slave for seven years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Tacitus provide so much British history in "The Agricola"?
2. Rome's first attempt to conquer Britain can be described as __________.
3. What was Agricola best known for?
4. Why did Tacitus feel the need to apologize for his life?
5. Mattingly believes Tacitus underrated what about Rome and Germany's relationship?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)