|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
(a) Power of censorship.
(b) Ability to recall elections.
(c) Military command.
(d) Initiate legislation.
2. Mattingly states all of the following are "characteristic weaknesses" of ancient Germans EXCEPT what?
(b) Passion for war.
3. Which German tribe(s) invaded Italy in 113 B.C.?
(d) Cimbri and Teutoni.
4. What was Agricola best known for?
(a) His diplomatic skills.
(b) His tactics and forts.
(c) His ability to execute a surprise attack.
(d) His oratory skills.
5. Who helped Nerva bring the praetorian guards to obedience?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
2. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
3. How did Agricola's successes become so famous?
4. Tacitus noted that the Germans felt which way about gold and silver?
5. How did Augustus handle the Germans?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)