|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Agricola primarily spend his time in the military?
2. Why did Tacitus provide so much British history in "The Agricola"?
(a) It showed how British history influenced Roman culture.
(b) It compared how much Agricola did for the Empire.
(c) It showed how the Roman Empire improved British lives.
(d) It was a warning to the Roman Empire of their dangerous presence.
3. What happened to the emperor of Rome?
(b) Killed in battle.
(c) Understood the significance of the Senate during his reign.
(d) Died in old age.
4. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
(a) Through archaelogical excavation.
(b) By Tacitus' detailed accounts.
(c) By Mattingly's history research.
(d) By Trajan's detailed accounts.
5. Mattingly states all of the following are "characteristic weaknesses" of ancient Germans EXCEPT what?
(c) Passion for war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tacitus deny existed in Germany?
2. According to Mattingly, what was most important to Tacitus in his life?
3. Rome's first attempt to conquer Britain can be described as __________.
4. What happened to Britain's hold after Agricola left?
5. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)