|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
(c) Stream of conscious.
(d) Brief and poetic.
2. Who helped Nerva bring the praetorian guards to obedience?
3. How did Tacitus handle his political position under an emperor?
(a) Followed loyally, despite his own feelings.
(b) Unwavering with his own stance.
(c) Believed in whatever the emperor believed in.
(d) Usually manipulated the officials of the emperor to take his stance.
4. Mattingly states all of the following are "characteristic weaknesses" of ancient Germans EXCEPT what?
(c) Passion for war.
5. What did Tacitus deny existed in Germany?
(a) Domestic slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was finally able to restore Roman prestige after years of cruel emperors?
2. What was Agricola best known for?
3. Mattingly believes Tacitus underrated what about Rome and Germany's relationship?
4. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
5. How was Arminius received at home after his win over Quintillius?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)