|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rome want to conquer Britain?
(a) For their gold and silver.
(b) Purely for victory over more lands.
(c) For revenge.
(d) For their knowledge of arms.
2. What was Agricola best known for?
(a) His diplomatic skills.
(b) His tactics and forts.
(c) His ability to execute a surprise attack.
(d) His oratory skills.
3. Who was ruling the Roman Empire when Gallic tribes revolted against Rome and proclaimed their own empire?
4. How was Arminius received at home after his win over Quintillius?
(a) He was paraded around.
(b) He was neither celebrated nor thought of.
(c) He was killed by his enemies that were his own countrymen.
(d) They looked upon him suspiciously of the truth.
5. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
(d) A slow creeping progress.
Short Answer Questions
1. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
2. How were officials chosen for provinces?
3. How did Augustus handle the Germans?
4. Tacitus believed the Germans loved what the most?
5. Mattingly believes Tacitus underrated what about Rome and Germany's relationship?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)