|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
(a) To restore the Republic.
(b) To overtake all of Britain and Ireland.
(c) To extend the Roman Empire to twice its size.
(d) To conquer and restore Roman honor.
2. Where did Agricola primarily spend his time in the military?
3. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
4. According to Mattingly, what seems to be missing from Tacitus' accounts of Britain?
(a) Its climate.
(b) Its geography.
(c) Agricola's role in the isle.
(d) Its culture.
5. Who helped Nerva bring the praetorian guards to obedience?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tacitus handle his political position under an emperor?
2. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
3. Why did Tacitus feel the need to apologize for his life?
4. Why was so interested in German culture that he wrote about it?
5. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)