|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
(b) A slow creeping progress.
2. Why was so interested in German culture that he wrote about it?
(a) He believed Germans were desecendants from the same gods.
(b) He believed Germans had much to offer Roman civilization.
(c) He believed Germans would make great slaves.
(d) He believed Germans were a constant threat.
3. Tacitus believed the Germans loved what the most?
4. Who was ruling the Roman Empire when Gallic tribes revolted against Rome and proclaimed their own empire?
5. Who helped Nerva bring the praetorian guards to obedience?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tacitus deny existed in Germany?
2. What undertone does Mattingly suggest is written in "The Agricola"?
3. Between which years was Tacitus alive?
4. As stated by Mattingly, how does Tacitus compare to other historians of his age in regards to his writings about Germany?
5. Where did Rome tend to enact its rules?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)