|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mattingly, what belief lies in "The Agricola"?
(a) The origin of white man's burden.
(c) Pure races.
(d) Roman destiny.
2. Who was finally able to restore Roman prestige after years of cruel emperors?
3. Where did Agricola primarily spend his time in the military?
4. Mattingly states all of the following are "characteristic weaknesses" of ancient Germans EXCEPT what?
(a) Passion for war.
5. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
(a) Power of censorship.
(b) Ability to recall elections.
(c) Initiate legislation.
(d) Military command.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were officials chosen for provinces?
2. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
3. Who helped Nerva bring the praetorian guards to obedience?
4. Between which years was Tacitus alive?
5. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)