|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
(a) Worked in the emperor's household.
(b) Enlisted in the army.
(c) Became a slave for seven years.
(d) Gave useful military information.
2. What happened to the emperor of Rome?
(a) Died in old age.
(c) Understood the significance of the Senate during his reign.
(d) Killed in battle.
3. How did Augustus handle the Germans?
(a) He kept them at the Rhine.
(b) He advanced over the Rhine.
(c) He ignored their presence and concentrated on Britain.
(d) He advanced to the Elbe.
4. According to Mattingly, what belief lies in "The Agricola"?
(a) Roman destiny.
(b) The origin of white man's burden.
(d) Pure races.
5. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
(b) A slow creeping progress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
2. How were officials chosen for provinces?
3. Between which years was Tacitus alive?
4. In the Introduction, Mattingly claims the Germans needed what if they were to ever reach maturity?
5. How was Arminius received at home after his win over Quintillius?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)