|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Agricola take advantage of his first victory?
(a) He took a promotion.
(b) He took the majority of the spoils.
(c) He asked for a parade.
(d) He did not.
2. Why did Agricola build forts to surround newly submitted British?
(a) It controlled imports and exports.
(b) It kept them from escaping.
(c) It protected the British from their unconquered neighbors.
(d) It built fear in them.
3. A toga for a Roman youth was equivalent to what for a German youth?
(a) A shield and spear.
(b) A chainmail.
(c) An axe and helmet.
(d) A horse and spear.
4. The Chatti showed steady courage in warfare through what?
(a) They kept an unwavering flag throughout battle.
(b) Deliberate movements rather than quick rushes.
(c) Their steady chants.
(d) Their impressive unified steps into the beginning of a battle.
5. What was Rome's knowledge of Britain during Tacitus' lifetime?
(a) Complete exploration and knowledge due to Julius Caesar.
(b) Occasional accounts until Agricola arrived and campaigned.
(c) Nothing more than there were peoples there.
(d) They believed Britain was part of Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were under Roman rule but was not subjected to taxes and used only for war purposes?
2. How did Agricola's father get Gaius the emperor angry at him?
3. German strength in fighting was best seen in their __________.
4. What weakness did Germans have that according to Tacitus made them easily defeated?
5. Despite a quiet retirement, why did many ask Agricola to return to duty?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)