|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major characteristic did Tacitus note about the seas around Britain?
(a) The width between Britain and Spain was not as far as assumed.
(b) They rushed to the ends of the earth.
(c) They had a large expanse of tidal currents.
(d) They were easy to sail and row through.
2. Which Caledonian addressed the British men to inspire courage against the Romans?
3. Tacitus criticized the Germans' agriculture calendar because of what?
(a) They used the lunar calendar.
(b) They only had two seasons.
(c) They did not consider autumn.
(d) They could not grow wheat.
4. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
(a) Brief and poetic.
(d) Stream of conscious.
5. Why did Agricola's mother discourage him from studying philosophy?
(a) It was a poor man's study.
(b) It was too inactive.
(c) It "ate the mind."
(d) It was too pretentious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unique about a betrothed German couple?
2. How did having children help Agricola's career?
3. Where did Agricola stand when fighting with his men?
4. What was an obligation of a follower to a German chief in addition to protecting him?
5. Although feuds between families passed on to heirs, what reconciled them?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)