|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
(a) To overtake all of Britain and Ireland.
(b) To restore the Republic.
(c) To extend the Roman Empire to twice its size.
(d) To conquer and restore Roman honor.
2. Why did Rome want to conquer Britain?
(a) For their knowledge of arms.
(b) For revenge.
(c) Purely for victory over more lands.
(d) For their gold and silver.
3. Who was the earth-born god of the Germans?
4. Mattingly suggests modern Germany thinks of "The Germania" in what way?
(a) As an unofficial work without real evidence.
(b) As a patriotic piece.
(c) As wrong and banned from the schools.
(d) As fictitious.
5. How could a German chief show prestige and power?
(a) By the beauty of his horse.
(b) By his possession of gold.
(c) In his number of kills.
(d) By his retinue.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Germania" is believed to come from a single manuscript written in what century?
2. A toga for a Roman youth was equivalent to what for a German youth?
3. What benefit was there for Agricola when he married Domitia Decidiana?
4. What was one of the most shameful acts a German soldier could do?
5. What was Agricola's motivation to conquer Britain?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)