|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tacitus felt the only form of wealth Germans had was __________.
(a) Their population number.
(d) Cereal crops.
2. Which Roman ruler was the first to try to conquer Britain?
(b) Julius Caesar.
3. What was the outcome when the British launched a night attack on the 9th legion?
(a) The 9th legion lost many and got incorporated into Agricola's legion.
(b) Despite the surprise, the sheer number outweighed the British and the 9th legion won.
(c) The British succeeded and brought the momentum into future battles.
(d) Agricola followed and attacked the British from the rear.
4. During assembly, how did the Germans show respectful agreement?
(a) Nodded their heads.
(b) Said "Ja."
(c) Kept silence.
(d) Clashed their weapons.
5. What did Otho's fleet do to Agricola?
(a) Denied his power as consul and disobeyed his orders.
(b) Murdered his mother and plundered her fortunes.
(c) Poisoned him.
(d) Surprise attacked him from the rear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would help a defendant of a crime if Agricola was the judge of punishment?
2. Why did Tacitus provide so much British history in "The Agricola"?
3. What was one of the most shameful acts a German soldier could do?
4. In addition to omens in a bird's flight, what other ways did Germans read omens and warnings?
5. When Agricola returned to Rome, why did he intentionally return at night?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)