|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In German culture, what did undergarments indicate?
(c) Social norm.
2. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
(a) By Tacitus' detailed accounts.
(b) By Mattingly's history research.
(c) Through archaelogical excavation.
(d) By Trajan's detailed accounts.
3. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
(a) They sailed around North Britain, starved and were mistaken as pirates.
(b) They almost drowned in stormy seas off the coast of Britain.
(c) They had the best victory over Roman legions in history.
(d) They ran into the Fenni and were almost eaten by them.
4. Tacitus criticized the Sitones more than other German tribes because of what cultural difference?
(a) The women were allowed to fight next to the men.
(b) They were polygamous.
(c) Men were in war so the women trained the boys at home for war.
(d) The women were the ruling sex.
5. What did Agricola do in his first year that helped Britain appreciate peace more?
(a) Did not always impose the emperor's laws that were harsh on the people.
(b) Was lenient in giving citizenships.
(c) Stopped corrupt officials.
(d) Relaxed the presence of the Roman army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was so unique about the German tribe Chauci?
2. What unique characteristic was observed in the Germans' holy places?
3. How was Arminius received at home after his win over Quintillius?
4. What benefit was there for Agricola when he married Domitia Decidiana?
5. Rome's first attempt to conquer Britain can be described as __________.
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)