|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who got to voice their opinions in major affairs in German tribes?
(a) The generals.
(b) The women.
(c) The whole community.
(d) Chiefs only.
2. What rumor was spread after Agricola's death?
(a) He commited suicide.
(b) He was poisoned.
(c) His triumphs were shams.
(d) He never fought in a battle.
3. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
(a) He was killed in battle against Britain.
(b) He was killed by the Romans.
(c) He was poisoned by his wife.
(d) He was killed by other Germans.
4. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
(a) A swing of victories between both parties.
(b) A rollover of the British isle by the Romans.
(c) The Romans fighting against a brick wall with no arms.
(d) A slow but progressive campaign by the Romans.
5. Who were the only ones allowed to decide on capital punishment, imprisonment, and flogging?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
2. Tacitus claimed the British military's strength was in __________.
3. In the Introduction, Mattingly claims the Germans needed what if they were to ever reach maturity?
4. Where did Rome tend to enact its rules?
5. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)