|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to omens in a bird's flight, what other ways did Germans read omens and warnings?
(a) Via tea leaves.
(b) From cattle manure.
(c) Listening to special horses.
(d) In a sheep's cry.
2. Tacitus felt what lesson was the hardest to remember in philosophy?
(a) A sense of proportion.
(b) Accordance between religion and humanities.
3. How could Agricola take advantage of the staff-captaincy post?
(a) He could order others around even if it was not relevant to the military.
(b) He was able to travel to any country he preferred.
(c) He could stay in the back of the battle without question.
(d) He was able to leave more easily.
4. How were ancient German records kept?
(a) Through priests.
(b) In picture form.
(c) In storytelling.
(d) In songs.
5. Tacitus criticized the Germans' agriculture calendar because of what?
(a) They only had two seasons.
(b) They used the lunar calendar.
(c) They did not consider autumn.
(d) They could not grow wheat.
Short Answer Questions
1. During assembly, how did the Germans show respectful agreement?
2. What event caused such a great financial loss to the state that Agricola had to rectify it?
3. Of the following, what was more resented by the people than tax?
4. What other country did Agricola want to conquer in order to surround Britain?
5. A toga for a Roman youth was equivalent to what for a German youth?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)