|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were officials chosen for provinces?
(a) The emperor chose for all provinces.
(b) By the people.
(c) By the praetorian guards.
(d) The Senate chose for peaceful provinces and the emperor for restless ones.
2. Who helped Nerva bring the praetorian guards to obedience?
3. Where did Agricola stand when fighting with his men?
(a) He did not fight in the battlegrounds.
(b) In the back.
(c) In the middle as his men surrounded him.
(d) In the very front.
4. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
(a) The Celtics.
(b) The Spaniards.
(c) The Gauls.
(d) The Osi.
5. How was Arminius received at home after his win over Quintillius?
(a) He was paraded around.
(b) They looked upon him suspiciously of the truth.
(c) He was killed by his enemies that were his own countrymen.
(d) He was neither celebrated nor thought of.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Domitian offer Agricola for his triumph?
2. Of the following, which was one way a German became a slave among his own men?
3. How did Tacitus handle his political position under an emperor?
4. What was necessary for the German people to keep tabs in hierarchy?
5. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)