|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
(a) He was poisoned by his wife.
(b) He was killed by the Romans.
(c) He was killed by other Germans.
(d) He was killed in battle against Britain.
2. Why did Tacitus feel the need to apologize for his life?
(a) He failed to prevent Agricola's poisoning.
(b) He was a Senator during tyranny.
(c) He failed to be as great as Agricola.
(d) He lacked in military success.
3. According to Mattingly, what was most important to Tacitus in his life?
(a) His family.
(b) His mother.
(c) The reigning emperor.
(d) His career.
4. Tired of Roman rule, under whom did the British unit to revolt while Paulinus was in Britain?
(a) King Cogidumnus.
5. What special privilege did the Hermundui have in the Roman Empire?
(a) They were granted citizenship.
(b) They were allowed beyond the banks to trade inland.
(c) They were considered neutral and never attacked.
(d) They were not taxed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were officials chosen for provinces?
2. Mattingly believes Tacitus underrated what about Rome and Germany's relationship?
3. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
4. What undertone does Mattingly suggest is written in "The Agricola"?
5. What was Agricola best known for?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)