|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tacitus claimed Domitian was ridiculed by the people for what reason?
(a) A fake triumph in Britain.
(b) His wife commited adultery.
(c) His son was a coward in battle.
(d) A fake triumph in Germany.
2. In addition to arms as gifts, what had the Romans influenced the Germans to accept as gifts?
3. What was one of the most shameful acts a German soldier could do?
(a) Throw away his shield.
(b) Die before his first kill.
(c) Cut his hair.
(d) Kill a woman or child.
4. Present knowledge shows which group immigrated into Britain at least three separate times?
(a) The Gauls.
(b) The Romans.
(c) The Vikings.
(d) The Celts.
5. For what reason would the Romans not bother to conquer a country?
(a) It lacked good agricultural lands.
(b) It was a poor country.
(c) It did not have any form of resource.
(d) No reason. They would conquer any country.
Short Answer Questions
1. As stated by Mattingly, how does Tacitus compare to other historians of his age in regards to his writings about Germany?
2. Why would the Cotini be more ashamed than other tribes because they worked in the iron mines of Germany?
3. What event caused such a great financial loss to the state that Agricola had to rectify it?
4. When Cerealis became the British governor, how did Agricola prove himself to him?
5. Why did Rome want to conquer Britain?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)