|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Tacitus feel the need to apologize for his life?
(a) He was a Senator during tyranny.
(b) He failed to prevent Agricola's poisoning.
(c) He failed to be as great as Agricola.
(d) He lacked in military success.
2. How did Agricola's successes become so famous?
(a) Trajan wrote a famous eulogy.
(b) The number of archaelogical evidence of his forts.
(c) Via Domitian's excessive praise.
(d) Through Tacitus' writings.
3. When Cerealis became the British governor, how did Agricola prove himself to him?
(a) He stood up to Cerealis when he disagreed with a plan.
(b) He did well with army detachment missions.
(c) He was the first to offer himself in the line of duty.
(d) He always agreed with Cerealis.
4. Before Tacitus' time, a person who wrote an autobiography was considered to be__________.
(b) Not worth reading about.
5. Mattingly states all of the following are "characteristic weaknesses" of ancient Germans EXCEPT what?
(a) Passion for war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
2. What held back efficiency in a German assembly of chiefs?
3. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
4. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
5. What did Domitian offer Agricola for his triumph?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)