|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the emperor of Rome?
(a) Died in old age.
(c) Understood the significance of the Senate during his reign.
(d) Killed in battle.
2. How did Tacitus handle his political position under an emperor?
(a) Unwavering with his own stance.
(b) Usually manipulated the officials of the emperor to take his stance.
(c) Followed loyally, despite his own feelings.
(d) Believed in whatever the emperor believed in.
3. How did the German tribe Ubii show pride in being a Roman colony?
(a) They voluntarily gave agricultural gifts at harvest.
(b) They wore togas.
(c) They took on new Roman names.
(d) They kept out intruders at the Rhine.
4. For what reason would the Romans not bother to conquer a country?
(a) It did not have any form of resource.
(b) It lacked good agricultural lands.
(c) It was a poor country.
(d) No reason. They would conquer any country.
5. Why was so interested in German culture that he wrote about it?
(a) He believed Germans had much to offer Roman civilization.
(b) He believed Germans would make great slaves.
(c) He believed Germans were a constant threat.
(d) He believed Germans were desecendants from the same gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What benefit was there for Agricola when he married Domitia Decidiana?
2. What did Tacitus falsely believe Britain had that was worth conquering?
3. Mattingly observes what defect in Tactitus' writings?
4. What did Otho's fleet do to Agricola?
5. Which German tribe(s) invaded Italy in 113 B.C.?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)