|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tacitus criticized the Sitones more than other German tribes because of what cultural difference?
(a) They were polygamous.
(b) The women were allowed to fight next to the men.
(c) Men were in war so the women trained the boys at home for war.
(d) The women were the ruling sex.
2. What was Agricola best known for?
(a) His ability to execute a surprise attack.
(b) His tactics and forts.
(c) His oratory skills.
(d) His diplomatic skills.
3. Who were under Roman rule but was not subjected to taxes and used only for war purposes?
(a) The Osi.
(b) The Nevii.
(c) The Treviri.
(d) The Batavi.
4. In addition to arms as gifts, what had the Romans influenced the Germans to accept as gifts?
5. Tacitus felt what lesson was the hardest to remember in philosophy?
(a) A sense of proportion.
(b) Accordance between religion and humanities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Nerva bring the praetorian guards to obedience?
2. Of the following, which was one way a German became a slave among his own men?
3. What benefit was there for Agricola when he married Domitia Decidiana?
4. Tacitus credited whom for Roman successes?
5. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)