|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was finally able to restore Roman prestige after years of cruel emperors?
2. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
(a) They had no direct relationship.
(b) He was Agricola's military right hand man.
(c) He was Agricola's son-in-law.
(d) He was Agricola's son.
3. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
(a) Worked in the emperor's household.
(b) Gave useful military information.
(c) Became a slave for seven years.
(d) Enlisted in the army.
4. Tacitus summed up Agricola's features as __________.
5. Who helped Nerva bring the praetorian guards to obedience?
Short Answer Questions
1. In German culture, what did undergarments indicate?
2. Why did Agricola's mother discourage him from studying philosophy?
3. In Chapter 31, why did Mattingly believe Tacitus was mistaken in saying the Brigantes burned a Roman colony under a woman ruler?
4. Tired of Roman rule, under whom did the British unit to revolt while Paulinus was in Britain?
5. Agricola was brought up with an education in __________.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)