|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were ancient German records kept?
(a) Through priests.
(b) In storytelling.
(c) In songs.
(d) In picture form.
2. Why did Agricola build forts to surround newly submitted British?
(a) It built fear in them.
(b) It kept them from escaping.
(c) It controlled imports and exports.
(d) It protected the British from their unconquered neighbors.
3. The British speech Tacitus paraphrased in "The Agricola" that was used to rally against the Romans can be summed up in which statement?
(a) Action speaks louder than words.
(b) A house divided against itself cannot stand.
(c) The Romans are all bark and no bite.
(d) Show the Romans they are biting off more than they can chew.
4. What was a common duty for German men to do when not partaking in war?
(b) Start a war.
(c) Be involved in politics.
(d) Be involved in philosophy.
5. What historic figure was known to visit Germany and found the city Asciburgium?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Agricola do in his first year that helped Britain appreciate peace more?
2. What custom did Chatti boys assume until they showed their worth of birth?
3. Tacitus criticized the Sitones more than other German tribes because of what cultural difference?
4. Why did Agricola's mother discourage him from studying philosophy?
5. How were the Germans' squadrons grouped?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)