|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
(a) Military command.
(b) Ability to recall elections.
(c) Power of censorship.
(d) Initiate legislation.
2. Tacitus felt what lesson was the hardest to remember in philosophy?
(b) A sense of proportion.
(c) Accordance between religion and humanities.
3. Which Roman ruler was the first to try to conquer Britain?
(a) Julius Caesar.
4. What weakness did Germans have that according to Tacitus made them easily defeated?
(b) Lack of seriousness.
(c) Grudges against one another.
(d) Intemperance of drink.
5. What was necessary for the German people to keep tabs in hierarchy?
(b) Violence and war.
(c) A quarterly assembly of chiefs.
(d) Accurate account of wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Agricola's reaction to the first attack under his consul?
2. Agricola was brought up with an education in __________.
3. Which German tribe(s) invaded Italy in 113 B.C.?
4. According to Mattingly, what seems to be missing from Tacitus' accounts of Britain?
5. Rome's first attempt to conquer Britain can be described as __________.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)