|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Roman ruler was the first to try to conquer Britain?
(a) Julius Caesar.
2. Where did Rome tend to enact its rules?
(a) In the cities and money classes.
(b) In the conquered colonies.
(c) They were unsuccessful in doing so.
(d) Amongst the impoverished rural areas.
3. Present knowledge shows which group immigrated into Britain at least three separate times?
(a) The Gauls.
(b) The Celts.
(c) The Vikings.
(d) The Romans.
4. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
5. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
(a) A slow but progressive campaign by the Romans.
(b) A swing of victories between both parties.
(c) The Romans fighting against a brick wall with no arms.
(d) A rollover of the British isle by the Romans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
2. Which German tribe(s) invaded Italy in 113 B.C.?
3. Tacitus believed the earth was what shape?
4. According to a Caledonian, what kept the Gauls and Germans under Roman rule?
5. During assembly, how did the Germans show respectful agreement?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)