|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Arminius received at home after his win over Quintillius?
(a) They looked upon him suspiciously of the truth.
(b) He was killed by his enemies that were his own countrymen.
(c) He was paraded around.
(d) He was neither celebrated nor thought of.
2. What weakness did Germans have that according to Tacitus made them easily defeated?
(b) Lack of seriousness.
(c) Grudges against one another.
(d) Intemperance of drink.
3. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
(a) A rollover of the British isle by the Romans.
(b) A swing of victories between both parties.
(c) A slow but progressive campaign by the Romans.
(d) The Romans fighting against a brick wall with no arms.
4. What was one of the most shameful acts a German soldier could do?
(a) Throw away his shield.
(b) Kill a woman or child.
(c) Cut his hair.
(d) Die before his first kill.
5. Why did Agricola's mother discourage him from studying philosophy?
(a) It was a poor man's study.
(b) It "ate the mind."
(c) It was too pretentious.
(d) It was too inactive.
Short Answer Questions
1. A toga for a Roman youth was equivalent to what for a German youth?
2. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
3. Who were the only ones allowed to decide on capital punishment, imprisonment, and flogging?
4. What did Germans fear for their women?
5. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)