|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Rome's knowledge of Britain during Tacitus' lifetime?
(a) Complete exploration and knowledge due to Julius Caesar.
(b) They believed Britain was part of Spain.
(c) Occasional accounts until Agricola arrived and campaigned.
(d) Nothing more than there were peoples there.
2. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
(a) By Trajan's detailed accounts.
(b) Through archaelogical excavation.
(c) By Mattingly's history research.
(d) By Tacitus' detailed accounts.
3. Where did Rome tend to enact its rules?
(a) Amongst the impoverished rural areas.
(b) In the cities and money classes.
(c) In the conquered colonies.
(d) They were unsuccessful in doing so.
4. What did Domitian offer Agricola for his triumph?
(a) A post in Germany.
(d) A parade.
5. What happened to the emperor of Rome?
(a) Died in old age.
(b) Killed in battle.
(d) Understood the significance of the Senate during his reign.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were ancient German records kept?
2. Tacitus claimed Domitian was ridiculed by the people for what reason?
3. Of the following, what was more resented by the people than tax?
4. How did the British help the Romans succeed in conquering more regions?
5. What did Tacitus deny existed in Germany?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)