|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the first to be known as Germani?
(a) The Tungri.
2. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
(a) They had the best victory over Roman legions in history.
(b) They ran into the Fenni and were almost eaten by them.
(c) They sailed around North Britain, starved and were mistaken as pirates.
(d) They almost drowned in stormy seas off the coast of Britain.
3. During Agricola's praetorship, his responsibility of public games can be described as __________.
(a) Too sparse in public opinion.
(c) A happy medium.
(d) Strictly prohibitive.
4. Where did Agricola stand when fighting with his men?
(a) In the middle as his men surrounded him.
(b) In the back.
(c) He did not fight in the battlegrounds.
(d) In the very front.
5. For what reason would the Romans not bother to conquer a country?
(a) No reason. They would conquer any country.
(b) It was a poor country.
(c) It lacked good agricultural lands.
(d) It did not have any form of resource.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence shows Tacitus could have been wrong in claiming Domitian's triumph was a sham?
2. Of the following, what was most upsetting for Tacitus in regards to Agricola's death?
3. What lesson from others' experience did Agricola consider when he was victorious in battles?
4. Of all the German tribes, which held the greatest in number?
5. According to Mattingly, what seems to be missing from Tacitus' accounts of Britain?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)