|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special privilege did the Hermundui have in the Roman Empire?
(a) They were allowed beyond the banks to trade inland.
(b) They were granted citizenship.
(c) They were not taxed.
(d) They were considered neutral and never attacked.
2. What did Otho's fleet do to Agricola?
(a) Poisoned him.
(b) Murdered his mother and plundered her fortunes.
(c) Surprise attacked him from the rear.
(d) Denied his power as consul and disobeyed his orders.
3. Why did Agricola build forts to surround newly submitted British?
(a) It protected the British from their unconquered neighbors.
(b) It kept them from escaping.
(c) It controlled imports and exports.
(d) It built fear in them.
4. What was Agricola's reaction to the first attack under his consul?
(a) He decided to wait and see.
(b) He sent a messenger with a surrender's note.
(c) He went where the action was.
(d) He asked the emperor what he should do.
5. When Agricola returned to Rome, why did he intentionally return at night?
(a) To avoid Domitian.
(b) To avoid publicity.
(c) The parade was more fun at night.
(d) To surprise his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Agricola's father get Gaius the emperor angry at him?
2. How did Tacitus handle his political position under an emperor?
3. Mattingly observes what defect in Tactitus' writings?
4. In the Introduction, Mattingly claims the Germans needed what if they were to ever reach maturity?
5. What did Agricola not live to see?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)