|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Agricola stand when fighting with his men?
(a) In the very front.
(b) In the back.
(c) He did not fight in the battlegrounds.
(d) In the middle as his men surrounded him.
2. According to Mattingly, what belief lies in "The Agricola"?
(a) The origin of white man's burden.
(b) Roman destiny.
(d) Pure races.
3. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
(a) Military command.
(b) Power of censorship.
(c) Initiate legislation.
(d) Ability to recall elections.
4. What was necessary for the German people to keep tabs in hierarchy?
(a) Accurate account of wealth.
(b) A quarterly assembly of chiefs.
(c) Violence and war.
5. What were the Germans' choice of arms?
(d) Battle axes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Agricola's third year in Britain, he focused on what in particular?
2. How were ancient German records kept?
3. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
4. Who was ruling the Roman Empire when Gallic tribes revolted against Rome and proclaimed their own empire?
5. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)