|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
2. Which Caledonian addressed the British men to inspire courage against the Romans?
3. What was one of the most shameful acts a German soldier could do?
(a) Kill a woman or child.
(b) Cut his hair.
(c) Throw away his shield.
(d) Die before his first kill.
4. Tacitus credited whom for Roman successes?
(a) The Roman people.
(b) The great line of emperors.
(c) The enemies for their own faults.
(d) The governors of the provinces.
5. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
(a) The Celtics.
(b) The Osi.
(c) The Spaniards.
(d) The Gauls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unique about a betrothed German couple?
2. Despite a quiet retirement, why did many ask Agricola to return to duty?
3. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
4. How were officials chosen for provinces?
5. According to Mattingly, what was most important to Tacitus in his life?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)