|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the earth-born god of the Germans?
2. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
(a) 578 A.D. - 584 A.D.
(b) 2 A.D. - 7 A.D.
(c) 78-84 A.D.
(d) 53-68 A.D.
3. What lesson from others' experience did Agricola consider when he was victorious in battles?
(a) He celebrated lavishly to show his power.
(b) Instilling fear in the enemy helped retain control.
(c) Injustice afterwards did not help the victory.
(d) Be prepared for a possible revenge.
4. What was Agricola best known for?
(a) His ability to execute a surprise attack.
(b) His oratory skills.
(c) His diplomatic skills.
(d) His tactics and forts.
5. What was necessary for the German people to keep tabs in hierarchy?
(a) Violence and war.
(b) Accurate account of wealth.
(d) A quarterly assembly of chiefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tacitus credited whom for Roman successes?
2. Why was so interested in German culture that he wrote about it?
3. Agricola called on whose help to equalize the sword fighting skills of the British?
4. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
5. Of the following, what was more resented by the people than tax?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)