|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would help a defendant of a crime if Agricola was the judge of punishment?
(a) Willingness to give service in the Roman army.
(b) Genuine repentance.
(c) Absolute evidence of innocence.
2. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
3. Tacitus felt what lesson was the hardest to remember in philosophy?
(b) A sense of proportion.
(d) Accordance between religion and humanities.
4. Where did Agricola primarily spend his time in the military?
5. What did Tacitus claim was the purpose of "baritus"?
(a) To show appreciation for a well-done victory.
(b) To unite valour before battle.
(c) To challenge the enemy to a battle from afar.
(d) To impress a female with a handsome song.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Agricola returned to Rome, why did he intentionally return at night?
2. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
3. What generally separated the ancient Germans from other peoples?
4. For what reason would the Romans not bother to conquer a country?
5. A toga for a Roman youth was equivalent to what for a German youth?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)