|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mattingly believes Tacitus underrated what about Rome and Germany's relationship?
(a) The amount of trade that occurred.
(b) The equal influence of religious culture on one another.
(c) The diplomatic assemblies that occurred without violence.
(d) Their influence of advancing weaponry in each other's culture.
2. Tacitus credited whom for Roman successes?
(a) The Roman people.
(b) The great line of emperors.
(c) The governors of the provinces.
(d) The enemies for their own faults.
3. What did Tacitus falsely believe Britain had that was worth conquering?
(a) Good farming lands.
(b) Excellent cattle and sheep.
(c) Gold and silver.
4. Despite a quiet retirement, why did many ask Agricola to return to duty?
(a) He was charming and convincing with the enemy.
(b) He was the only one who kept Domitian in line.
(c) The other generals were failures.
(d) Tacitus actively promoted the idea to everyone.
5. What physical attributes did Tacitus describe in the German people?
(a) Short, freckly, with red hair.
(b) Large and hairy.
(c) Blue eyes, red hair, with big frames.
(d) Dark hair and stout.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the German tribe Ubii show pride in being a Roman colony?
2. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
3. What historic figure was known to visit Germany and found the city Asciburgium?
4. What special privilege did the Hermundui have in the Roman Empire?
5. What held back efficiency in a German assembly of chiefs?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)