|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rome's first attempt to conquer Britain can be described as __________.
(a) An easy success.
(b) A failure.
(c) The beginning of colonialism.
(d) The end of Celtic culture.
2. What did Tacitus claim was the purpose of "baritus"?
(a) To impress a female with a handsome song.
(b) To unite valour before battle.
(c) To challenge the enemy to a battle from afar.
(d) To show appreciation for a well-done victory.
3. What happened to Britain's hold after Agricola left?
(a) There was a steady weakening of Roman hold.
(b) Many forts were abandoned.
(c) Little change occurred.
(d) Everything won had been lost.
4. In addition to arms as gifts, what had the Romans influenced the Germans to accept as gifts?
5. Who were the only ones allowed to decide on capital punishment, imprisonment, and flogging?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Agricola returned to Rome, why did he intentionally return at night?
2. According to Mattingly, what seems to be missing from Tacitus' accounts of Britain?
3. Agricola called on whose help to equalize the sword fighting skills of the British?
4. Of the following, what was most upsetting for Tacitus in regards to Agricola's death?
5. What did Otho's fleet do to Agricola?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)