|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were officials chosen for provinces?
(a) By the praetorian guards.
(b) The Senate chose for peaceful provinces and the emperor for restless ones.
(c) By the people.
(d) The emperor chose for all provinces.
2. What would help a defendant of a crime if Agricola was the judge of punishment?
(a) Absolute evidence of innocence.
(c) Willingness to give service in the Roman army.
(d) Genuine repentance.
3. How did Domitian receive news of Agricola's successes?
(a) He was jealous.
(b) He was elated for some good news.
(c) He was more concerned with Germany and dismissed the news.
(d) He was proud of his men.
4. How did Agricola's father get Gaius the emperor angry at him?
(a) He defied orders and refused to conquer Britain.
(b) He attempted murder on one of his favorite Senators.
(c) He defied orders and campaigned past the Rhine.
(d) He was famous and succeeded in life.
5. What did Germans fear for their women?
(c) An impoverished life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Tacitus provide so much British history in "The Agricola"?
2. What was Agricola's motivation to conquer Britain?
3. Tacitus credited whom for Roman successes?
4. How did the British help the Romans succeed in conquering more regions?
5. What happened to Britain's hold after Agricola left?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)