|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chatti showed steady courage in warfare through what?
(a) Their impressive unified steps into the beginning of a battle.
(b) Their steady chants.
(c) They kept an unwavering flag throughout battle.
(d) Deliberate movements rather than quick rushes.
2. How did Agricola's father get Gaius the emperor angry at him?
(a) He attempted murder on one of his favorite Senators.
(b) He defied orders and refused to conquer Britain.
(c) He was famous and succeeded in life.
(d) He defied orders and campaigned past the Rhine.
3. How was Agricola's death received in general?
(a) Domitian disallowed grievance over Agricola.
(b) Many did not notice.
(c) The enemies celebrated.
(d) It seemed to concern everyone.
4. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
(a) They almost drowned in stormy seas off the coast of Britain.
(b) They ran into the Fenni and were almost eaten by them.
(c) They sailed around North Britain, starved and were mistaken as pirates.
(d) They had the best victory over Roman legions in history.
5. What did Tacitus claim was the purpose of "baritus"?
(a) To unite valour before battle.
(b) To challenge the enemy to a battle from afar.
(c) To show appreciation for a well-done victory.
(d) To impress a female with a handsome song.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tacitus claimed the British military's strength was in __________.
2. In German culture, what did undergarments indicate?
3. Tacitus criticized the Sitones more than other German tribes because of what cultural difference?
4. What did Agricola not live to see?
5. Without proper weapons, shelter, or horses, Tacitus described the Fenni as __________.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)