|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
(a) He was killed in battle against Britain.
(b) He was poisoned by his wife.
(c) He was killed by the Romans.
(d) He was killed by other Germans.
2. How did the British help the Romans succeed in conquering more regions?
(a) The British underestimated the Roman leaders and was not prepared for war.
(b) The British tribes fought against one another.
(c) The British allied with the Romans on campaigns into Germany.
(d) The British were fooled to give away their horses to the Romans.
3. Despite a quiet retirement, why did many ask Agricola to return to duty?
(a) He was the only one who kept Domitian in line.
(b) Tacitus actively promoted the idea to everyone.
(c) He was charming and convincing with the enemy.
(d) The other generals were failures.
4. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
(a) 578 A.D. - 584 A.D.
(b) 2 A.D. - 7 A.D.
(c) 53-68 A.D.
(d) 78-84 A.D.
5. Without proper weapons, shelter, or horses, Tacitus described the Fenni as __________.
(b) Well content.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Germans fear for their women?
2. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
3. Why did Rome want to conquer Britain?
4. Who got to voice their opinions in major affairs in German tribes?
5. How were officials chosen for provinces?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)