|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Agricola not live to see?
(a) Britain revolt and gain back all its land.
(b) His daughter get married.
(c) Domitian seige the Senate.
(d) Germany cross the Rhine into Roman territory.
2. How did Agricola's father get Gaius the emperor angry at him?
(a) He defied orders and campaigned past the Rhine.
(b) He defied orders and refused to conquer Britain.
(c) He was famous and succeeded in life.
(d) He attempted murder on one of his favorite Senators.
3. What would help a defendant of a crime if Agricola was the judge of punishment?
(a) Absolute evidence of innocence.
(b) Genuine repentance.
(c) Willingness to give service in the Roman army.
4. Tired of Roman rule, under whom did the British unit to revolt while Paulinus was in Britain?
(c) King Cogidumnus.
5. What was Agricola best known for?
(a) His diplomatic skills.
(b) His tactics and forts.
(c) His oratory skills.
(d) His ability to execute a surprise attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. As stated by Mattingly, how does Tacitus compare to other historians of his age in regards to his writings about Germany?
2. In addition to omens in a bird's flight, what other ways did Germans read omens and warnings?
3. What political harmony did Tacitus wish to see in the Roman Republic?
4. Tacitus claimed Domitian was ridiculed by the people for what reason?
5. During Agricola's praetorship, his responsibility of public games can be described as __________.
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)