|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The German peoples can be described as __________.
2. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
(a) 53-68 A.D.
(b) 578 A.D. - 584 A.D.
(c) 2 A.D. - 7 A.D.
(d) 78-84 A.D.
3. What undertone does Mattingly suggest is written in "The Agricola"?
(a) The emperor is too egocentric to see the Empire's weaknesses.
(b) A political tone of moderation.
(c) The Roman Empire should never have tried to conquer Germany.
(d) Agricola single-handedly conquered Britain.
4. In the battle against the united British tribes on Mount Graupius, how did the number of fallen compare?
(a) 500 British, 300 Romans.
(b) 1000 British, 1000 Romans.
(c) 10,000 British, 360 Romans.
(d) 360 British, 10,000 Romans.
5. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
(a) Worked in the emperor's household.
(b) Became a slave for seven years.
(c) Gave useful military information.
(d) Enlisted in the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Rome want to conquer Britain?
2. Agricola called on whose help to equalize the sword fighting skills of the British?
3. What did Agricola not live to see?
4. What generally separated the ancient Germans from other peoples?
5. As stated by Mattingly, how does Tacitus compare to other historians of his age in regards to his writings about Germany?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)