|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
(a) He was Agricola's son-in-law.
(b) He was Agricola's son.
(c) They had no direct relationship.
(d) He was Agricola's military right hand man.
2. What was one of the most shameful acts a German soldier could do?
(a) Kill a woman or child.
(b) Die before his first kill.
(c) Throw away his shield.
(d) Cut his hair.
3. German strength in fighting was best seen in their __________.
4. Who was ruling the Roman Empire when Gallic tribes revolted against Rome and proclaimed their own empire?
5. How did Agricola's arrival in Britain differ from the usual arrival of a new governor?
(a) The auxiliaries had put on a military salute for him.
(b) There was a parade.
(c) The legions saluted him.
(d) There was no pagaentry.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tacitus, Agricola felt it was more "honourable to __________ than to hate."
2. Which Roman ruler was the first to try to conquer Britain?
3. What did Germans fear for their women?
4. What was Agricola best known for?
5. What happened to the emperor of Rome?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)