|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
(a) Worked in the emperor's household.
(b) Became a slave for seven years.
(c) Gave useful military information.
(d) Enlisted in the army.
2. Before Tacitus' time, a person who wrote an autobiography was considered to be__________.
(d) Not worth reading about.
3. Who were under Roman rule but was not subjected to taxes and used only for war purposes?
(a) The Treviri.
(b) The Osi.
(c) The Nevii.
(d) The Batavi.
4. Why was so interested in German culture that he wrote about it?
(a) He believed Germans would make great slaves.
(b) He believed Germans were desecendants from the same gods.
(c) He believed Germans had much to offer Roman civilization.
(d) He believed Germans were a constant threat.
5. What was Agricola's reaction to the first attack under his consul?
(a) He decided to wait and see.
(b) He went where the action was.
(c) He asked the emperor what he should do.
(d) He sent a messenger with a surrender's note.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor was spread after Agricola's death?
2. Who was ruling the Roman Empire when Gallic tribes revolted against Rome and proclaimed their own empire?
3. When Cerealis became the British governor, how did Agricola prove himself to him?
4. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
5. What was Rome's knowledge of Britain during Tacitus' lifetime?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)