|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to arms as gifts, what had the Romans influenced the Germans to accept as gifts?
2. What rumor was spread after Agricola's death?
(a) His triumphs were shams.
(b) He commited suicide.
(c) He was poisoned.
(d) He never fought in a battle.
3. Who was the earth-born god of the Germans?
4. German strength in fighting was best seen in their __________.
5. Of the following, what was most upsetting for Tacitus in regards to Agricola's death?
(a) Agricola suffered a long and painful death.
(b) No one was able to find the true murderer.
(c) Agricola did not get to meet his grandchildren.
(d) He could not be with Agricola in his time of death.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the battle against the united British tribes on Mount Graupius, how did the number of fallen compare?
2. Although feuds between families passed on to heirs, what reconciled them?
3. Mattingly states all of the following are "characteristic weaknesses" of ancient Germans EXCEPT what?
4. Who was finally able to restore Roman prestige after years of cruel emperors?
5. What were the Germans' choice of arms?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)