|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
(a) 578 A.D. - 584 A.D.
(b) 2 A.D. - 7 A.D.
(c) 78-84 A.D.
(d) 53-68 A.D.
2. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
(b) A slow creeping progress.
3. How were ancient German records kept?
(a) In storytelling.
(b) Through priests.
(c) In songs.
(d) In picture form.
4. What was Agricola best known for?
(a) His tactics and forts.
(b) His oratory skills.
(c) His diplomatic skills.
(d) His ability to execute a surprise attack.
5. What political harmony did Tacitus wish to see in the Roman Republic?
(a) Harmony between the Emperor and Senate.
(b) Autocracy and freedom.
(c) The Senate and the Praetorian Guards.
(d) The Roman Empire and the German tribes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tacitus criticized the Sitones more than other German tribes because of what cultural difference?
2. Which Caledonian addressed the British men to inspire courage against the Romans?
3. Why did Tacitus provide so much British history in "The Agricola"?
4. Tacitus claimed the British military's strength was in __________.
5. What special privilege did the Hermundui have in the Roman Empire?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)