|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was necessary for the German people to keep tabs in hierarchy?
(b) A quarterly assembly of chiefs.
(c) Accurate account of wealth.
(d) Violence and war.
2. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
(a) Power of censorship.
(b) Military command.
(c) Initiate legislation.
(d) Ability to recall elections.
3. What did Agricola do in his first year that helped Britain appreciate peace more?
(a) Stopped corrupt officials.
(b) Was lenient in giving citizenships.
(c) Relaxed the presence of the Roman army.
(d) Did not always impose the emperor's laws that were harsh on the people.
4. When Agricola returned to Rome, why did he intentionally return at night?
(a) To surprise his wife.
(b) To avoid publicity.
(c) To avoid Domitian.
(d) The parade was more fun at night.
5. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
Short Answer Questions
1. In German culture, what did undergarments indicate?
2. Agricola was brought up with an education in __________.
3. How did Domitian receive news of Agricola's successes?
4. Who was the earth-born god of the Germans?
5. As stated by Mattingly, how does Tacitus compare to other historians of his age in regards to his writings about Germany?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)