|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Domitian offer Agricola for his triumph?
(b) A parade.
(c) A post in Germany.
2. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
(a) He was Agricola's son-in-law.
(b) He was Agricola's son.
(c) They had no direct relationship.
(d) He was Agricola's military right hand man.
3. Where did Agricola primarily spend his time in the military?
4. How did Tacitus distinguish some tribes as German and not Sarmations?
(a) Sarmations were nomadic while Germans lived in homes.
(b) By their primary weapons.
(c) Sarmations were blonde and lighter-skinned.
(d) By their clothing style.
5. Mattingly suggests modern Germany thinks of "The Germania" in what way?
(a) As fictitious.
(b) As wrong and banned from the schools.
(c) As a patriotic piece.
(d) As an unofficial work without real evidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was necessary for the German people to keep tabs in hierarchy?
2. According to Mattingly, what seems to be missing from Tacitus' accounts of Britain?
3. Tacitus noted that the Germans felt which way about gold and silver?
4. Tacitus claimed the British military's strength was in __________.
5. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)