|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tacitus, Agricola felt it was more "honourable to __________ than to hate."
(c) Be loyal.
2. What was a common duty for German men to do when not partaking in war?
(a) Be involved in politics.
(c) Be involved in philosophy.
(d) Start a war.
3. What generally separated the ancient Germans from other peoples?
(b) An ancient stone wall.
(c) An arbitrary political boundary.
(d) Physical landscapes.
4. The Chatti showed steady courage in warfare through what?
(a) They kept an unwavering flag throughout battle.
(b) Their steady chants.
(c) Their impressive unified steps into the beginning of a battle.
(d) Deliberate movements rather than quick rushes.
5. Which German tribe(s) invaded Italy in 113 B.C.?
(d) Cimbri and Teutoni.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the most shameful acts a German soldier could do?
2. Of the following, what was most upsetting for Tacitus in regards to Agricola's death?
3. How did Augustus handle the Germans?
4. What was an obligation of a follower to a German chief in addition to protecting him?
5. In addition to omens in a bird's flight, what other ways did Germans read omens and warnings?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)