|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was so unique about the German tribe Chauci?
(a) They wore their hair long.
(b) They sung during battle.
(c) They were pacifists.
(d) They dwelled in peace as well as in war.
2. What was Rome's knowledge of Britain during Tacitus' lifetime?
(a) Nothing more than there were peoples there.
(b) Complete exploration and knowledge due to Julius Caesar.
(c) They believed Britain was part of Spain.
(d) Occasional accounts until Agricola arrived and campaigned.
3. What did Domitian offer Agricola for his triumph?
(c) A post in Germany.
(d) A parade.
4. Tacitus felt what lesson was the hardest to remember in philosophy?
(b) Accordance between religion and humanities.
(c) A sense of proportion.
5. What happened to Britain's hold after Agricola left?
(a) There was a steady weakening of Roman hold.
(b) Many forts were abandoned.
(c) Everything won had been lost.
(d) Little change occurred.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Agricola returned to Rome, why did he intentionally return at night?
2. How did Agricola help rectify the treasury?
3. What were the Germans' choice of arms?
4. How did Agricola's successes become so famous?
5. What historic figure was known to visit Germany and found the city Asciburgium?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)