|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, what was most upsetting for Tacitus in regards to Agricola's death?
(a) Agricola did not get to meet his grandchildren.
(b) He could not be with Agricola in his time of death.
(c) No one was able to find the true murderer.
(d) Agricola suffered a long and painful death.
2. Who was the earth-born god of the Germans?
3. What rumor was spread after Agricola's death?
(a) His triumphs were shams.
(b) He commited suicide.
(c) He was poisoned.
(d) He never fought in a battle.
4. In addition to omens in a bird's flight, what other ways did Germans read omens and warnings?
(a) Listening to special horses.
(b) Via tea leaves.
(c) From cattle manure.
(d) In a sheep's cry.
5. A toga for a Roman youth was equivalent to what for a German youth?
(a) A horse and spear.
(b) A chainmail.
(c) An axe and helmet.
(d) A shield and spear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Without proper weapons, shelter, or horses, Tacitus described the Fenni as __________.
2. Who got to voice their opinions in major affairs in German tribes?
3. What happened to Britain's hold after Agricola left?
4. Tacitus claimed the British military's strength was in __________.
5. How did Agricola's father get Gaius the emperor angry at him?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)