|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tacitus deny existed in Germany?
(a) Domestic slavery.
2. Which Roman ruler was the first to try to conquer Britain?
(a) Julius Caesar.
3. What political harmony did Tacitus wish to see in the Roman Republic?
(a) The Senate and the Praetorian Guards.
(b) Autocracy and freedom.
(c) The Roman Empire and the German tribes.
(d) Harmony between the Emperor and Senate.
4. Mattingly suggests modern Germany thinks of "The Germania" in what way?
(a) As wrong and banned from the schools.
(b) As an unofficial work without real evidence.
(c) As fictitious.
(d) As a patriotic piece.
5. Who was finally able to restore Roman prestige after years of cruel emperors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
2. What physical attributes did Tacitus describe in the German people?
3. In addition to arms as gifts, what had the Romans influenced the Germans to accept as gifts?
4. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
5. What did Germans fear for their women?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)