|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could a German chief show prestige and power?
(a) By his retinue.
(b) By the beauty of his horse.
(c) By his possession of gold.
(d) In his number of kills.
2. Who was the earth-born god of the Germans?
3. Which Caledonian addressed the British men to inspire courage against the Romans?
4. What happened to Britain's hold after Agricola left?
(a) Many forts were abandoned.
(b) Everything won had been lost.
(c) There was a steady weakening of Roman hold.
(d) Little change occurred.
5. Tacitus criticized the Sitones more than other German tribes because of what cultural difference?
(a) They were polygamous.
(b) The women were the ruling sex.
(c) Men were in war so the women trained the boys at home for war.
(d) The women were allowed to fight next to the men.
Short Answer Questions
1. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
2. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
3. According to Mattingly, what seems to be missing from Tacitus' accounts of Britain?
4. What benefit was there for Agricola when he married Domitia Decidiana?
5. What was one of the most shameful acts a German soldier could do?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)