Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Russia expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
2. Which areas were best connected, according to Hobsbawm?
3. Why does Hobsbawm say that the Industrial Revolution could only have happened in England?
4. What trend was Hobsbawm looking for in revolts and revolutions?
5. Why did the international congress among Europe's ruling nations dissolve after a few years?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the French Revolution proceed from 1792 to 1794?
2. Who does Hobsbawm say was most receptive to Romanticism, and why?
3. What was the effect, in Hobsbawm's account, of the American Revolution on the French Revolution?
4. What does Hobsbawm say was the third wave of revolutions to follow the French Revolution?
5. How, in Hobsbawm's account, did European land reforms fare in other places?
6. How does Hobsbawm describe the working class' living conditions?
7. How does Hobsbawm describe France's effect on land reform?
8. What does Hobsbawm say was the paradox of progress in certain countries of Europe?
9. How does Hobsbawm define middle class ideology?
10. Describe Robespierre's influence on the French Revolution.
Essay Topic 1
Make an annotated time line with the important trends and events that marked the development of Europe in the Age of Revolution. Make a map that shows these trends and events as well.
Essay Topic 2
Make a brief time line of the changes that were taking place in America from 1789 to 1848. How was the shape of the nation changing? How were the politics changing, and the arts and technology?
Essay Topic 3
Not everyone was thrilled by the development of a new middle class, a new middle class ideology, and a Romantic or liberal perspective on history, culture, and the arts. Describe the opposition to progress, Romanticism, liberalism, and Communism. Who were the groups, classes or individuals who resisted the revolutions that changed the world in the 19th century?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)