|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Science and Conclusion: Towards 1848.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What developed in other European countries, but not in France?
(b) A market for common goods.
(d) An export market for luxury items.
2. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
3. What branch of science was closely tied to growing nationalism in the mid-1800s?
(a) Comparative literature.
4. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
(a) In the navy.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) In the colonies.
(d) In the army.
5. Where did the second wave of revolutions take place?
(a) Turkey and Greece.
(c) Ireland and Poland.
(d) Albania and Romania.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did working-class organizers promise the workers, as the gap between rich and poor grew wider?
2. Where, according to Hobsbawm, did a national movement come from the masses?
3. What does Hobsbawm say was the state of most European governments at the end of the Age of Revolution?
4. In Hobsbawm's account, what happened in France as industrialism expanded in neighboring countries?
5. Why didn't disagreements between nations reach the level of international war?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)