|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Science and Conclusion: Towards 1848.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hobsbawm say was the greatest influence on political thought in the 19th century?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) The ancient Greeks.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Industrial Revolution.
2. Which class does Hobsbawm say published and circulated native-language publications?
(a) Urban presses.
(b) Ex-patriate presses.
(c) Local presses.
(d) The universities.
3. In Hobsbawm's account, what did the peasantry gain by land reforms sweeping the globe in the mid-1800s?
4. What state were other economies in 1848?
(a) They were still linked to agriculture.
(b) They were refining slave-based production methods.
(c) They were building the foundations for modern agricultural techniques.
(d) They were developing politically.
5. What began to emerge as production and industry grew in the early 1800s?
(a) Industrial centers.
(b) An international slave trade.
(d) Religious persecution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hobsbawm say was the state of land use at the end of the Age of Revolution?
2. Who does Hobsbawm say the revolutionary groups saw as the beneficiaries of their third wave of revolutions?
3. Which religions gained adherents after the French Revolution?
4. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
5. Who does Hobsbawm say typified the third kind of thinking that arose in the early 1800s?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)