|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Science and Conclusion: Towards 1848.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the state of science in the period after the French Revolution?
(a) It still held that the world was flat.
(b) It was advancing and clashing with the church.
(c) It was developing slowly behind philosophy and literature.
(d) It was still riddled with superstitions and religious stories.
2. Based on these landmarks, what were the dates of the beginning and the peak of middle class ideology?
(a) 1795 and 1848.
(b) 1789 and 1830.
(c) 1791 and 1812.
(d) 1776 and 1817.
3. What fell away as industrialism developed in Europe?
(d) Sons following into their fathers' professions.
4. Which class was Romanticism popular among, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) The working poor.
(b) The bureaucracy.
(c) The aristocracy.
(d) The middle class.
5. When did the Constituent Assembly create a new Constitution that turned France into a Constitutional monarchy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the international congress that ruled Europe called?
2. What cause did Russia and Britain disagree over after the French Revolution?
3. How did the concept of nationalism spread through Europe?
4. What landmark event does Hobsbawm see as the peak of the middle class ideology?
5. Which nation was the exception to the rule that Europe was ruled by absolute monarchs, in the late 1700s?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)