|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Science and Conclusion: Towards 1848.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hobsbawm say was the greatest influence on political thought in the 19th century?
(a) The Industrial Revolution.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) The ancient Greeks.
(d) The French Revolution.
2. What was the political ideology behind the organizers' promises to the working poor?
3. What does Hobsbawm say was at a height never before achieved, in his Conclusion?
(a) Warfare and disease.
(b) Science and religion.
(c) Communication and trade.
(d) Government debt and power.
4. What view of society was beginning to be adopted widely, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) A mechanical view.
(b) A spiritual view.
(c) A liberal view.
(d) A conservative view.
5. What did the monarchy do in response to France's financial crisis in the 1780s?
(a) He called a States General.
(b) He borrowed from the merchants.
(c) He proposed new taxes.
(d) He outsourced the business of governing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a consequence of the emergence of a new class of people in European society?
2. What possibility did this social structure open to French society?
3. What did the new view hold that was spreading through Europe?
4. The merchant class was situated between what and what, in Hobsbawm's account?
5. Who does Hobsbawm say the revolutionary groups saw as the beneficiaries of their third wave of revolutions?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)