|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Science and Conclusion: Towards 1848.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What landmark event does Hobsbawm use as the beginning of the middle class ideology?
(a) The publication of "Bleak House".
(b) The publication of Hobbes' "Leviathan".
(c) The publication of 'Wealth of Nations".
(d) The publication of "Jane Eyre".
2. What came to an end in 1830, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Religious faith.
(c) Local trade.
(d) Aristocratic political power.
3. What did France produce as other countries' economies changed?
(a) Common goods for its domestic market.
(b) Luxury goods for export.
(c) A full range of products.
(d) Raw materials for export.
4. What emerged in 1830, according to Hobsbawm's evaluation?
(a) A self-identified working class.
(b) Mechanisms for suppressing revolutions.
(c) A permanently poor underclass.
(d) State surveillance techniques.
5. What was a consequence of the emergence of a new class of people in European society?
(b) Nostalgia for lost cultural heritage.
(c) Religious freedom.
(d) Stricter government surveillance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the new view hold that was spreading through Europe?
2. The most industrialized countries saw more and more adherents of what religion?
3. What did the French monarch make a practice of in the 1780s?
4. When does Hobsbawm say the second wave of revolutions took place?
5. What set the stage for the French Revolution, in Hobsbawm's account?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)