|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Science and Conclusion: Towards 1848.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dominated the Third Estate in the 1780s in France?
(a) Revolutionaries and radicals.
(b) The working poor.
(c) The nobility.
(d) The middle class.
2. Why does Hobsbawm say that the Industrial Revolution could only have happened in England?
(a) Because the Industrial Revolution required a cooler climate.
(b) Because the rest of the continent was consumed in war.
(c) Because agriculture thrived in England's moister climate.
(d) Becaue only Britain had the commercial strength and social conditions for it.
3. The most industrialized countries saw more and more adherents of what religion?
(c) Folk religion.
4. How does Hobsbawm characterize the 1840s in his Conclusion?
(a) As an unbalanced time.
(b) As a nostalgic time.
(c) As a creative time.
(d) As a commercial time.
5. What was the Code of Napoleon?
(a) The criminal law instituted by Napoleon.
(b) The currency policy that financed the Napoleonic wars.
(c) The reform that abolished feudalism.
(d) The bureaucratic system instituted in France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the French forces defeated in 1815?
2. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
3. Which nation was the exception to the rule that Europe was ruled by absolute monarchs, in the late 1700s?
4. Why, according to Hobsbawm, did land reform take place in France?
5. Why didn't disagreements between nations reach the level of international war?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)