|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Science and Conclusion: Towards 1848.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hobsbawm see a culture combining nationalism with the revolutionary spirit of the French Revolution?
2. What was the one nation Hobsbawm says could have been considered industrialized in 1848?
3. How does Hobsbawm describe the agrarian workers of the world?
(a) He says they were efficient.
(b) He says they were united.
(c) He says they were part-owners in the estates.
(d) He says they were unfree.
4. What was the state of science in the period after the French Revolution?
(a) It was advancing and clashing with the church.
(b) It still held that the world was flat.
(c) It was still riddled with superstitions and religious stories.
(d) It was developing slowly behind philosophy and literature.
5. What relationship had begun to dominate between landowners and farmers in England in the late 1700s?
(a) Communal ownership.
(b) Lord and vassal.
(c) Frontiersmen were opening new lands in Europe.
(d) Landlord and tenant-farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hobsbawm characterize the change in the way that people related to the land, and the way land was related to the economy?
2. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
3. What trend was Hobsbawm looking for in revolts and revolutions?
4. What does Hobsbawm say was the realm of all important thought at the time?
5. How did many countries impose this transformation of land use on the people?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)