|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Science and Conclusion: Towards 1848.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hobsbawm characterize the change in the way that people related to the land, and the way land was related to the economy?
(a) As the most catastrophic phenomenon of the period.
(b) As the least forgivable development of the period.
(c) As the least recognized phenomenon of the period.
(d) As the most lucrative development of the period.
2. How was Mozart's Magic Flute connected to the politics of Mozart's time, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) It promoted Jacobinism.
(b) It promoted revolution.
(c) It promoted Freemasonry.
(d) It promoted repression of revolution.
3. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
4. What does Hobsbawm say made the Age of Revolution the 'ugliest' period yet?
(b) The deterioration of the landscape.
(c) Squalid lower-class living conditions.
(d) The deformity of workers by industrial equipment.
5. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In the colonies.
(c) In the navy.
(d) In the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which musician did NOT rise to prominence during the Age of Revolution?
2. When, in Hobsbawm's opinion, did the rate of change begin to increase quickly?
3. What profession emerged in France as a result of Napoleon?
4. Why, according to Hobsbawm, did land reform take place in France?
5. France was opposed by which of these in the Napoleonic Wars?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)