|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Science and Conclusion: Towards 1848.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hobsbawm say the revolutionary groups saw as the beneficiaries of their third wave of revolutions?
(a) All common people everywhere.
(b) The merchants of the world.
(c) Marx and Ricardo.
(d) Radicals and revolutionaries everywhere.
2. What was the state of science in the period after the French Revolution?
(a) It was still riddled with superstitions and religious stories.
(b) It still held that the world was flat.
(c) It was advancing and clashing with the church.
(d) It was developing slowly behind philosophy and literature.
3. What did France produce as other countries' economies changed?
(a) Luxury goods for export.
(b) A full range of products.
(c) Raw materials for export.
(d) Common goods for its domestic market.
4. Where does Hobsbawm see a culture combining nationalism with the revolutionary spirit of the French Revolution?
5. What area was affected by what Hobsbawm calls the third wave of revolutions?
(a) Eastern Europe.
(b) All of Europe.
(c) Western Europe.
(d) The Mediterranean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the French forces defeated in 1815?
2. When does Hobsbawm say the second wave of revolutions took place?
3. Which form of rebellion did the working poor NOT engage in?
4. What contrast became very clear as industrialism developed in Europe?
5. Based on these landmarks, what were the dates of the beginning and the peak of middle class ideology?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)