|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Science and Conclusion: Towards 1848.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What contribution does Hobsbawm say the French Revolution made to the arts?
(a) It saw the development of a publishing industry for newspapers and books.
(b) It killed off a generation of older artists.
(c) It inspired artists with an example of people fighting for freedom.
(d) It inured people to gory descriptions of war.
2. What area was affected by what Hobsbawm calls the third wave of revolutions?
(a) The Mediterranean.
(b) Eastern Europe.
(c) All of Europe.
(d) Western Europe.
3. Which author did NOT rise to prominence during the Age of Revolution?
4. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
(a) New forms of government.
(b) Resistance to monarchy.
(c) Freedom movements in the Catalan region.
(d) Resistance to democracy.
5. What did revolutionaries see as the goal of their revolutions?
(a) Making revolution a permanent aspect of society.
(b) Seizing control over government.
(c) Making aristocratic government responsive to commoners' needs.
(d) Giving government back to the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the one nation Hobsbawm says could have been considered industrialized in 1848?
2. What did the monarchy do in response to France's financial crisis in the 1780s?
3. What tool did the upper classes use to discriminate against the working poor?
4. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
5. Which class does Hobsbawm say published and circulated native-language publications?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)