|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Science and Conclusion: Towards 1848.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the three paths for a member of the working poor during the mid-1800s?
(a) Remain in the place of their birth, emigrate, or start a busines of their own.
(b) Immigrate to America, move to a city, or suffer in poverty.
(c) The working poor did not have options, as a whole.
(d) Suffer in poverty, elevate themselves to the middle class, or rebel.
2. Who does Hobsbawm say the revolutionary groups saw as the beneficiaries of their third wave of revolutions?
(a) Radicals and revolutionaries everywhere.
(b) Marx and Ricardo.
(c) All common people everywhere.
(d) The merchants of the world.
3. Which nation led the others in industrialization?
4. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
(a) He conceived the idea for it.
(b) He incited the people to carry it out.
(c) He was persecuted by it.
(d) He oversaw it.
5. Who was affected by advances in mathematics, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) The working poor.
(b) Philosophers and writers.
(c) Only a few advanced thinkers.
(d) City planners and engineers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hobsbawm say is the dual root of nationalism in Europe?
2. What does Hobsbawm say was at a height never before achieved, in his Conclusion?
3. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
4. What developed in other European countries, but not in France?
5. What social structure attended the profession that emerged in France as a result of Napoleon?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)