|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Science and Conclusion: Towards 1848.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hobsbawm say rose to prominence financing the wars?
(a) The Barings and Rothschilds.
(b) The Rockefellers.
(d) The Jews.
2. Which musician did NOT rise to prominence during the Age of Revolution?
3. What was the new stance toward religion after the French Revolution?
(a) The state had seized all church lands, and the church was diminished.
(b) People were not hostile, but society was becoming more secular.
(c) The church had insinuated itself into the government.
(d) Radicals were openly antagonistic to the church.
4. Why, according to Hobsbawm, did land reform take place in France?
(a) Because of the Industrial Revolution.
(b) Because of the French Revolution.
(c) Because of the ravages of the Napoleonic Wars.
(d) Because of Napoleon's defeat in Russia.
5. How does Hobsbawm describe Romanticism?
(a) It valued conformity.
(b) As an 'extremist crowd'.
(c) It proposed new ways of representing reality.
(d) It was highly aesthetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Hobsbawm say the second wave of revolutions took place?
2. What contrast became very clear as industrialism developed in Europe?
3. What scientific discovery does Hobsbawm cite as a modest but significant discovery?
4. What began to develop as industrialism developed in Europe?
5. What was the international congress that ruled Europe called?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)