|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Science and Conclusion: Towards 1848.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which class does Hobsbawm say published and circulated native-language publications?
(a) Urban presses.
(b) Local presses.
(c) The universities.
(d) Ex-patriate presses.
2. When, in Hobsbawm's opinion, did the rate of change begin to increase quickly?
3. What came to an end in 1830, according to Hobsbawm?
(b) Aristocratic political power.
(c) Local trade.
(d) Religious faith.
4. How were Charles Dickens' novels connected to the politics of Dickens' time, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) They depicted the horrible working class conditions.
(b) They depicted the consequences of the Napoleonic Wars.
(c) They depicted the history of industrialism.
(d) They depicted the eternal struggles of boys and men.
5. How was the European population changing that made it possible for art to flourish during the Age of Revolution?
(a) The upper classes had more disposable income.
(b) People were more literate.
(c) The upper classes could travel to artistic centers to buy art.
(d) People were wealthier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
2. What did the new view hold that was spreading through Europe?
3. Who does Hobsbawm say rose to prominence financing the wars?
4. What does Hobsbawm say was the state of most European governments at the end of the Age of Revolution?
5. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)