|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Career Open to Talent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't France invade any territories after the French Revolution?
(a) The price of reintroducing Jacobinism was too high.
(b) The country was struggling with internal dissensions.
(c) The country was burdened with too much debt.
(d) The government could not raise an army large enough for any invasions.
2. Which class does Hobsbawm say published and circulated native-language publications?
(a) The universities.
(b) Local presses.
(c) Urban presses.
(d) Ex-patriate presses.
3. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
4. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In the colonies.
(c) In the navy.
(d) In the army.
5. What set the stage for the French Revolution, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) France's war with Austria.
(b) France's war with Britain.
(c) France's war with Russia.
(d) France's war with Prussia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cause did Russia and Britain disagree over after the French Revolution?
2. What crucial event does Hobsbawm say took place during the period after the French Revolution?
3. Europe was ruled by Britain, France, Austria, Prussia and which nation?
4. How did Hobsbawm characterize the change in the way that people related to the land, and the way land was related to the economy?
5. How did this social structure change in the years after the Napoleonic Wars?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)