|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Career Open to Talent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the French Revolution demonstrate to the rest of Europe?
(a) That tyrants could use popular uprisings for their own purposes.
(b) That Europe was not ready for democracy yet.
(c) That power will always reside in the aristocracy's hands.
(d) That people could rise up to fight for their freedom.
2. How did this social structure change in the years after the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) It developed into radical socialism.
(b) It developed into trade unionism.
(c) It expanded its reach into all aspects of French culture.
(d) It merged into the old aristocracy.
3. Where did Britain expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
(a) With China and Indonesia.
(b) With its colonies.
(c) With Russia and Prussia.
(d) With France and Spain.
4. What fell away as industrialism developed in Europe?
(c) Sons following into their fathers' professions.
5. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Arts and music.
(b) Morality and ethics.
(c) Science and commerce.
(d) Religion and philosophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was represented by the "Third Estate" in France?
2. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
3. What cause did Russia and Britain disagree over after the French Revolution?
4. What was a consequence of the emergence of a new class of people in European society?
5. Why does Hobsbawm say that the Industrial Revolution could only have happened in England?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)