|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Career Open to Talent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the age of scientific and political progress in the 1700s called?
(a) The Enlightenment.
(b) The Romantic period.
(c) The Renaissance.
2. What profession emerged in France as a result of Napoleon?
(a) A civil service.
(b) Merchants and money lenders.
(c) Lawyers and legal experts.
(d) University professors.
3. What was production freed from in the 1780s?
(a) The limitations of earlier production techniques.
(b) The limitations imposed by population size.
(c) The limitations imposed by years of war.
(d) The limitations imposed by limited raw materials.
4. Who does Hobsbawm say identified themselves with local traditions?
(a) The uneducated masses.
(b) The aristocrats.
(c) The middle class.
(d) The bourgeoisie.
5. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
(a) Buy locally, sell globally.
(b) Buy low, sell high.
(c) Get big or die.
(d) Create a niche.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the land have to be turned into before it could be developed economically, in Hobsbawm's opinion?
2. Which class does Hobsbawm say published and circulated native-language publications?
3. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
4. How did the concept of nationalism spread through Europe?
5. When, in Hobsbawm's opinion, did the rate of change begin to increase quickly?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)