|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Career Open to Talent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hobsbawm say revolts turned against in this period?
(a) Aristocratic rule.
(b) Mercantile colonialism.
(c) Alien rule.
(d) Absentee landlords.
2. What cause did Russian and Britain support together after the French Revolution?
(a) The independence of Greece.
(b) The independence of Finland.
(c) The independence of Poland.
(d) The independence of Turkey.
3. What capability was open to the middle class, as a result of the age of revolutions, that was not open before the revolutions?
(a) Class mobility.
(c) Land speculation.
(d) Small business ownership.
4. Which class does Hobsbawm say published and circulated native-language publications?
(a) Local presses.
(b) The universities.
(c) Urban presses.
(d) Ex-patriate presses.
5. What contrast became very clear as industrialism developed in Europe?
(a) The contrast between men's and women's employments.
(b) The contrast between bourgeoisie and aristocracy.
(c) The contrast between working poor and middle class.
(d) The contrast between Eastern and Western European.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dominated the Orthodox Church in 1848?
2. What was production freed from in the 1780s?
3. What does Hobsbawm say was the greatest influence on political thought in the 19th century?
4. What does Hobsbawm say had to happen to the land before its economic potential could be unleashed?
5. What motive does Hobsbawm say would have to motivate the new owners of the land, if the land were going to develop economically?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)