|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Career Open to Talent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hobsbawm's account, what did the peasantry lose by land reforms sweeping the globe in the mid-1800s?
(a) Dependence on local government.
2. What cause did Russia and Britain disagree over after the French Revolution?
(a) The independence of Poland.
(b) The independence of Greece.
(c) The independence of Turkey.
(d) The independence of Finland.
3. What idea does Hobsbawm say was just being developed after the turning point of 1830?
(b) "Self-conscious" nationalism.
(c) International community.
4. Where did the second wave of revolutions take place?
(a) Ireland and Poland.
(b) Turkey and Greece.
(c) Albania and Romania.
5. What does Hobsbawm say revolts turned against in this period?
(a) Absentee landlords.
(b) Alien rule.
(c) Mercantile colonialism.
(d) Aristocratic rule.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the consequence of French land reforms in North Africa, in Hobsbawm's account?
2. How did many countries impose this transformation of land use on the people?
3. How did this social structure change in the years after the Napoleonic Wars?
4. What trend was Hobsbawm looking for in revolts and revolutions?
5. What social structure attended the profession that emerged in France as a result of Napoleon?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)