|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Career Open to Talent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What social structure attended the profession that emerged in France as a result of Napoleon?
(a) A hierarchical bureaucracy.
(b) A plutocracy.
(c) A new aristocracy.
(d) An oligarchy.
2. What idea does Hobsbawm say was just being developed after the turning point of 1830?
(b) "Self-conscious" nationalism.
(d) International community.
3. What product does Hobsbawm say was the catalyst for the Industrial Revolution?
4. What does Hobsbawm say revolutionary groups had in common across Europe in 1848?
(a) They all wanted to make their revolution a permanent part of society.
(b) They all portrayed themselves as fighting for freedom against tyranny.
(c) They were all inspired to eliminate monarchies.
(d) They saw themselves as the benefactors of the common people.
5. Who does Hobsbawm say the revolutionary groups saw as the beneficiaries of their third wave of revolutions?
(a) Marx and Ricardo.
(b) The merchants of the world.
(c) All common people everywhere.
(d) Radicals and revolutionaries everywhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the French forces superior to the English?
2. What does Hobsbawm say revolts turned against in this period?
3. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
4. What began to develop as industrialism developed in Europe?
5. What possibility did this social structure open to French society?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)