|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Career Open to Talent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Constituent Assembly create a new Constitution that turned France into a Constitutional monarchy?
2. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
3. Which market supplied raw materials for the cotton trade?
(c) Britain's colonies.
4. What was a consequence of the emergence of a new class of people in European society?
(a) Religious freedom.
(b) Nostalgia for lost cultural heritage.
(c) Stricter government surveillance.
5. How did Hobsbawm characterize the change in the way that people related to the land, and the way land was related to the economy?
(a) As the least recognized phenomenon of the period.
(b) As the least forgivable development of the period.
(c) As the most catastrophic phenomenon of the period.
(d) As the most lucrative development of the period.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trend was Hobsbawm looking for in revolts and revolutions?
2. What was the one nation Hobsbawm says could have been considered industrialized in 1848?
3. The merchant class was situated between what and what, in Hobsbawm's account?
4. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
5. What was the international congress that ruled Europe called?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)