|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Career Open to Talent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did France produce as other countries' economies changed?
(a) Luxury goods for export.
(b) Raw materials for export.
(c) A full range of products.
(d) Common goods for its domestic market.
2. What was the age of scientific and political progress in the 1700s called?
(b) The Enlightenment.
(c) The Romantic period.
(d) The Renaissance.
3. Where did the idea that Hobsbawm says was developing after 1830 first take root?
(a) In the working poor.
(b) In the destitute.
(c) In the middle classes.
(d) In the bourgeoisie.
4. What was the result of improvements in the technology of spinning and weaving?
(a) Decreased farm size.
(b) Decreased need for labor.
(c) Increased output.
(d) Increased tax revenue from the cotton trade.
5. How does Hobsbawm describe the traditional system of agriculture?
(a) As a backwards set of superstitions.
(b) As the foundation for industrialism.
(c) As a legacy of improvements.
(d) As a hindrance to economic growth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hobsbawm describe the agrarian workers of the world?
2. How did many countries impose this transformation of land use on the people?
3. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
4. What does Hobsbawm say was the greatest influence on political thought in the 19th century?
5. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world of 1789 was bigger than today?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)