|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Career Open to Talent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) He says that almost everyone felt the effects in one way or another.
(b) He says that fighting was widespread throughout many regions.
(c) He says that the wide areas were almost totally devastated. but some were left untouched.
(d) He says that many were not affected at all.
2. Who does Hobsbawm say the revolutionary groups saw as the beneficiaries of their third wave of revolutions?
(a) The merchants of the world.
(b) All common people everywhere.
(c) Radicals and revolutionaries everywhere.
(d) Marx and Ricardo.
3. Which areas were best connected, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The seacoasts.
(c) The farm country.
(d) The islands.
4. What distinguished the new class of workers that emerged in the Age of Revolution?
(a) They received pay in money, not goods.
(b) They went to school for their trade.
(c) They did not use their hands.
(d) They no longer needed patrons.
5. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
(a) The British House of Lords.
(b) The American Senate.
(c) The British House of Commons.
(d) The American House of Representatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What area was affected by what Hobsbawm calls the third wave of revolutions?
2. What did the land have to be turned into before it could be developed economically, in Hobsbawm's opinion?
3. What does Hobsbawm say revolutionary groups had in common across Europe in 1848?
4. Where did the second wave of revolutions take place?
5. What was the one nation Hobsbawm says could have been considered industrialized in 1848?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)