|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Career Open to Talent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
2. What crucial event does Hobsbawm say took place during the period after the French Revolution?
(a) The invention of the cotton gin.
(b) The discovery of Australia.
(c) The development of paper currency.
(d) The abolition of the slave trade.
3. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world was smaller in 1789?
(a) Hobsbawm says that the population was smaller.
(b) Hobsbawm says that the Earth was smaller.
(c) Hobsbawm says that the cities were smaller.
(d) Hobsbawm says that the families were smaller.
4. How did Hobsbawm characterize the change in the way that people related to the land, and the way land was related to the economy?
(a) As the least recognized phenomenon of the period.
(b) As the most lucrative development of the period.
(c) As the most catastrophic phenomenon of the period.
(d) As the least forgivable development of the period.
5. What does Hobsbawm say was the greatest influence on political thought in the 19th century?
(a) The ancient Greeks.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) The Industrial Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the age of scientific and political progress in the 1700s called?
2. When does Hobsbawm say the second wave of revolutions took place?
3. What was increasing at the same time that the railroads were expanding in the 1830s?
4. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
5. Who does Hobsbawm say identified themselves with local traditions?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)