|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Career Open to Talent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crucial event does Hobsbawm say took place during the period after the French Revolution?
(a) The invention of the cotton gin.
(b) The development of paper currency.
(c) The abolition of the slave trade.
(d) The discovery of Australia.
2. What does Hobsbawm say had to happen to the land before its economic potential could be unleashed?
(a) The temperature of Europe had to rise one degree.
(b) The population needed to expand.
(c) The scientific understanding needed to evolve that would let farmers work the land more efficiently.
(d) It had to be freed from large owners.
3. Who does Hobsbawm say identified themselves with local traditions?
(a) The bourgeoisie.
(b) The middle class.
(c) The uneducated masses.
(d) The aristocrats.
4. Which nation led the others in industrialization?
5. Which of the revolutions that took place in the first wave of revolutions after the French Revolution was NOT suppressed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which areas were best connected, according to Hobsbawm?
2. What does Hobsbawm call the Industrial Revolution?
3. The merchant class was situated between what and what, in Hobsbawm's account?
4. What cause did Russia and Britain disagree over after the French Revolution?
5. How large were the circles within which people moved in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)