|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Career Open to Talent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fell away as industrialism developed in Europe?
(a) Sons following into their fathers' professions.
2. The merchant class was situated between what and what, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) Farmers and craftsmen.
(b) Part-time craftsmen and markets.
(c) Industrial labor and aristocrats.
(d) Political theory and practice.
3. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world of 1789 was bigger than today?
(a) Hobsbawm says that much of the Earth was still unexplored.
(b) Hobsbawm says that the population was bigger than today.
(c) Hobsbawm says that distances seemed much bigger than today.
(d) Hobsbawm says that people were bigger than today.
4. What capability was open to the middle class, as a result of the age of revolutions, that was not open before the revolutions?
(a) Land speculation.
(c) Small business ownership.
(d) Class mobility.
5. What contrast became very clear as industrialism developed in Europe?
(a) The contrast between Eastern and Western European.
(b) The contrast between working poor and middle class.
(c) The contrast between bourgeoisie and aristocracy.
(d) The contrast between men's and women's employments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hobsbawm say the first wave of revolutions took place after the French Revolution?
2. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
3. Which nation led the others in industrialization?
4. Which areas were best connected, according to Hobsbawm?
5. What does Hobsbawm say revolutionary groups had in common across Europe in 1848?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)