|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Career Open to Talent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the French monarch make a practice of in the 1780s?
(a) Persecuting heretics and dissenters.
(b) Selling government positions to noblemen.
(c) Placing competent men in bureaucratic positions.
(d) Ostracizing radicals and innovators.
2. What was the Bastille a symbol of when the French stormed it in 1789?
(a) The bourgeoisie.
(b) The radical element.
(c) The monarchy.
(d) The free market.
3. When, in Hobsbawm's opinion, did the rate of change begin to increase quickly?
4. Why, according to Hobsbawm, did land reform take place in France?
(a) Because of Napoleon's defeat in Russia.
(b) Because of the French Revolution.
(c) Because of the Industrial Revolution.
(d) Because of the ravages of the Napoleonic Wars.
5. What group does Hobsbawm say typified the revolutionary groups that became active in 1848?
(a) The Chartists.
(b) The Jacobins.
(c) The Luddites.
(d) The Carbonari.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hobsbawm say revolutionary groups had in common across Europe in 1848?
2. What happened that fostered nationalist movements in the Balkans?
3. What came to an end in 1830, according to Hobsbawm?
4. What does Hobsbawm call the Industrial Revolution?
5. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)