|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Career Open to Talent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hobsbawm describe the agrarian workers of the world?
(a) He says they were part-owners in the estates.
(b) He says they were united.
(c) He says they were efficient.
(d) He says they were unfree.
2. What developed in other European countries, but not in France?
(a) An export market for luxury items.
(d) A market for common goods.
3. How does Hobsbawm describe the traditional system of agriculture?
(a) As a hindrance to economic growth.
(b) As a backwards set of superstitions.
(c) As the foundation for industrialism.
(d) As a legacy of improvements.
4. Why did the French state have a financial crisis in the 1780s?
(a) Because they had brought too many workers into the labor force, and devalued their currency.
(b) Because they had lost Canada to the British.
(c) Because they had overextended themselves in their colonies.
(d) Because they helped the Americans in their Revolutionary War.
5. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
(a) Resistance to monarchy.
(b) Resistance to democracy.
(c) Freedom movements in the Catalan region.
(d) New forms of government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emerged in 1830, according to Hobsbawm's evaluation?
2. Why were the working poor treated with contempt as a new social structure evolved in Europe?
3. Why were Jews particularly well-suited to take advantage of opportunities to join the new middle class?
4. What trend was Hobsbawm looking for in revolts and revolutions?
5. What does Hobsbawm say revolutionary groups had in common across Europe in 1848?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)