|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Career Open to Talent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hobsbawm call the Industrial Revolution?
(a) "the most important event in world history."
(b) "preparation for some of the greatest changes mankind would know."
(c) "the end of classical Europe."
(d) "the beginning of the modern age."
2. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
3. Who invested in the railroads, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) Nobles and aristocrats.
(b) The working classes.
(c) Merchants and investors.
(d) All strata of society invested in the railroads.
4. What does Hobsbawm say the major European powers agreed on after the French Revolution?
(a) Revolutions should be used as tools for developing nationalism.
(b) Revolutions should be used to reinforce the ruling class.
(c) Revolutionary movements should be contained.
(d) Revolutions should be a way of eliminating the aristocrats.
5. Where did Britain expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
(a) With China and Indonesia.
(b) With Russia and Prussia.
(c) With France and Spain.
(d) With its colonies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
2. What, in Hobsbawm's view, was the economic result of the French Revolution?
3. Why, according to Hobsbawm, did land reform take place in France?
4. What began to develop as industrialism developed in Europe?
5. Why didn't disagreements between nations reach the level of international war?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)