|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Career Open to Talent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did this social structure change in the years after the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) It developed into trade unionism.
(b) It developed into radical socialism.
(c) It merged into the old aristocracy.
(d) It expanded its reach into all aspects of French culture.
2. Europe was ruled by Britain, France, Austria, Prussia and which nation?
3. What was the Bastille a symbol of when the French stormed it in 1789?
(a) The radical element.
(b) The bourgeoisie.
(c) The monarchy.
(d) The free market.
4. France was opposed by which of these in the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) Russia, Prussia and Austria.
(b) All of Europe and Britain.
(c) Britain and Russia.
(d) Austria and Prussia.
5. Who dominated the Third Estate in the 1780s in France?
(a) The nobility.
(b) Revolutionaries and radicals.
(c) The working poor.
(d) The middle class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which areas were best connected, according to Hobsbawm?
2. When does Hobsbawm say the second wave of revolutions took place?
3. What relationship had begun to dominate between landowners and farmers in England in the late 1700s?
4. What set the stage for the French Revolution, in Hobsbawm's account?
5. How did the concept of nationalism spread through Europe?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)