|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Career Open to Talent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hobsbawm see a culture combining nationalism with the revolutionary spirit of the French Revolution?
2. Which market supplied raw materials for the cotton trade?
(c) Britain's colonies.
3. In Hobsbawm's account, what did the peasantry gain by land reforms sweeping the globe in the mid-1800s?
4. What motive does Hobsbawm say would have to motivate the new owners of the land, if the land were going to develop economically?
(b) The urge to power.
(c) Communist sympathy.
(d) The profit motive.
5. What was the Code of Napoleon?
(a) The bureaucratic system instituted in France.
(b) The currency policy that financed the Napoleonic wars.
(c) The reform that abolished feudalism.
(d) The criminal law instituted by Napoleon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What area was affected by what Hobsbawm calls the third wave of revolutions?
2. Which nation ruled most of Asia in the late 1700s?
3. How large were the circles within which people moved in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
4. What did France produce as other countries' economies changed?
5. Which class does Hobsbawm say published and circulated native-language publications?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)