|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Career Open to Talent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why, according to Hobsbawm, did land reform take place in France?
(a) Because of the ravages of the Napoleonic Wars.
(b) Because of the French Revolution.
(c) Because of Napoleon's defeat in Russia.
(d) Because of the Industrial Revolution.
2. What emerged in 1830, according to Hobsbawm's evaluation?
(a) State surveillance techniques.
(b) A self-identified working class.
(c) Mechanisms for suppressing revolutions.
(d) A permanently poor underclass.
3. Where does Hobsbawm see a culture combining nationalism with the revolutionary spirit of the French Revolution?
4. What contrast became very clear as industrialism developed in Europe?
(a) The contrast between Eastern and Western European.
(b) The contrast between men's and women's employments.
(c) The contrast between working poor and middle class.
(d) The contrast between bourgeoisie and aristocracy.
5. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
(a) Resistance to democracy.
(b) Resistance to monarchy.
(c) New forms of government.
(d) Freedom movements in the Catalan region.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hobsbawm call the Industrial Revolution?
2. Where were the French forces defeated in 1815?
3. Who does Hobsbawm say identified themselves with local traditions?
4. In what did England lead Europe, in Hobsbawm's account?
5. What was the Bastille a symbol of when the French stormed it in 1789?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)