Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what fields were cultural developments being made fastest in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Morality and ethics.
(b) Science and commerce.
(c) Arts and music.
(d) Religion and philosophy.
2. What was the state of science in the period after the French Revolution?
(a) It was developing slowly behind philosophy and literature.
(b) It still held that the world was flat.
(c) It was still riddled with superstitions and religious stories.
(d) It was advancing and clashing with the church.
3. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
(a) They helped turn over their wealth and the Church's wealth to the people.
(b) They turned their estates into communes.
(c) They fled to other monarchies.
(d) They organized resistance within France.
4. What relationship had begun to dominate between landowners and farmers in England in the late 1700s?
(a) Landlord and tenant-farmer.
(b) Lord and vassal.
(c) Communal ownership.
(d) Frontiersmen were opening new lands in Europe.
5. What cause did Russian and Britain support together after the French Revolution?
(a) The independence of Greece.
(b) The independence of Finland.
(c) The independence of Turkey.
(d) The independence of Poland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What began to emerge as production and industry grew in the early 1800s?
2. What did the French monarch make a practice of in the 1780s?
3. How did many countries impose this transformation of land use on the people?
4. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
5. What did working-class organizers promise the workers, as the gap between rich and poor grew wider?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)