|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Career Open to Talent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship had begun to dominate between landowners and farmers in England in the late 1700s?
(a) Lord and vassal.
(b) Frontiersmen were opening new lands in Europe.
(c) Communal ownership.
(d) Landlord and tenant-farmer.
2. What possibility did this social structure open to French society?
(a) It became a place where new immigrants could attain citizenship.
(b) It became a place where aristocrats could regain their property and standing.
(c) It became a place where the monarch could appoint friends and supporters.
(d) It became a place where talent could succeed regardless of wealth or birth.
3. What did the monarchy do in response to France's financial crisis in the 1780s?
(a) He outsourced the business of governing.
(b) He borrowed from the merchants.
(c) He proposed new taxes.
(d) He called a States General.
4. How does Hobsbawm describe the agrarian workers of the world?
(a) He says they were part-owners in the estates.
(b) He says they were united.
(c) He says they were efficient.
(d) He says they were unfree.
5. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
(a) Resistance to monarchy.
(b) Resistance to democracy.
(c) New forms of government.
(d) Freedom movements in the Catalan region.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hobsbawm say is the dual root of nationalism in Europe?
2. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
3. Where did the idea that Hobsbawm says was developing after 1830 first take root?
4. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
5. What is the paradox in France's failure to develop its industries?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)