|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Secular.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Bastille a symbol of when the French stormed it in 1789?
(a) The monarchy.
(b) The radical element.
(c) The free market.
(d) The bourgeoisie.
2. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
(a) In warehouses.
(b) In communal workshops.
(c) At home.
(d) In the market.
3. What state were other economies in 1848?
(a) They were building the foundations for modern agricultural techniques.
(b) They were developing politically.
(c) They were refining slave-based production methods.
(d) They were still linked to agriculture.
4. What does Hobsbawm say the major European powers agreed on after the French Revolution?
(a) Revolutions should be used as tools for developing nationalism.
(b) Revolutions should be used to reinforce the ruling class.
(c) Revolutionary movements should be contained.
(d) Revolutions should be a way of eliminating the aristocrats.
5. Where, according to Hobsbawm, did a national movement come from the masses?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't France invade any territories after the French Revolution?
2. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
3. What did the French monarch make a practice of in the 1780s?
4. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
5. Where does Hobsbawm see a culture combining nationalism with the revolutionary spirit of the French Revolution?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)