|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Secular.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group does Hobsbawm say typified the revolutionary groups that became active in 1848?
(a) The Jacobins.
(b) The Luddites.
(c) The Chartists.
(d) The Carbonari.
2. What did the monarchy do in response to France's financial crisis in the 1780s?
(a) He proposed new taxes.
(b) He borrowed from the merchants.
(c) He outsourced the business of governing.
(d) He called a States General.
3. Where were the French forces defeated in 1815?
4. Why did the international congress among Europe's ruling nations dissolve after a few years?
(a) The interests of its main powers diverged.
(b) It was replaced by another alliance.
(c) Its members launched an unsuccessful war together.
(d) Its members conspired against each other.
5. How did the people in political power react to middle class ideology, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) They turned it to their advantage politically.
(b) They attempted to repress it, generally.
(c) They either followed it or ignored it.
(d) They embraced it only reluctantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tool did the upper classes use to discriminate against the working poor?
2. How much does Hobsbawm say Europeans were affected by the Napoleonic Wars?
3. How were the working classes influenced by religion after the French Revolution?
4. What did the French Revolution create in Spain?
5. What landmark event does Hobsbawm use as the beginning of the middle class ideology?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)