|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Secular.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What capability was open to the middle class, as a result of the age of revolutions, that was not open before the revolutions?
(a) Class mobility.
(b) Land speculation.
(c) Small business ownership.
2. What was the political ideology behind the organizers' promises to the working poor?
3. How large were the circles within which people moved in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Much smaller than today.
(b) They were much more spread out.
(c) Much larger than today.
(d) Smaller than today for some people, but larger for others.
4. In what way does Hobsbawm say that the sympathies of those in power were split in the early 1800s?
(a) Those in power were torn between ideological affection for democracy, but faith in the elite as rulers.
(b) They were caught between wanting to industrialize, but also to keep their culture the same.
(c) They were caught between expensive colonialism abroad, and lack of tax revenues at home.
(d) They were torn between exhaustion with warfare, and the need to expand their territory.
5. What was the international congress that ruled Europe called?
(a) The European Convention.
(b) The European Assembly.
(c) The Concert of Europe.
(d) The League of Nations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cause did Russia and Britain disagree over after the French Revolution?
2. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
3. Where did Britain expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
4. Which market supplied raw materials for the cotton trade?
5. Where did Russia expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)