|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Secular.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Protestant sects at the head of religious revivals?
(a) Austria and Prussia.
(b) Britain and America.
(c) France and Spain.
2. In what way did conservative thinkers resist middle class ideology?
(a) By studying ancient cultures.
(b) By appealing to history and tradition.
(c) By advocating for international trade.
(d) By inciting revolutions to revert to ancient values.
3. What was a consequence of the emergence of a new class of people in European society?
(a) Religious freedom.
(c) Nostalgia for lost cultural heritage.
(d) Stricter government surveillance.
4. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
(a) He oversaw it.
(b) He conceived the idea for it.
(c) He was persecuted by it.
(d) He incited the people to carry it out.
5. Why did the international congress among Europe's ruling nations dissolve after a few years?
(a) It was replaced by another alliance.
(b) The interests of its main powers diverged.
(c) Its members launched an unsuccessful war together.
(d) Its members conspired against each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Bastille a symbol of when the French stormed it in 1789?
2. What did the land have to be turned into before it could be developed economically, in Hobsbawm's opinion?
3. Where did the idea that Hobsbawm says was developing after 1830 first take root?
4. What was Chartism?
5. What did the new view hold that was spreading through Europe?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)