|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Secular.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the result of improvements in the technology of spinning and weaving?
(a) Decreased need for labor.
(b) Decreased farm size.
(c) Increased tax revenue from the cotton trade.
(d) Increased output.
2. What did the monarchy do in response to France's financial crisis in the 1780s?
(a) He called a States General.
(b) He borrowed from the merchants.
(c) He outsourced the business of governing.
(d) He proposed new taxes.
3. Who were the working poor typically rebelling against, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) The monarchy.
(b) Workers in other nations.
(c) The aristocracy.
(d) The middle class as much as the elite.
4. France was opposed by which of these in the Napoleonic Wars?
(a) Russia, Prussia and Austria.
(b) All of Europe and Britain.
(c) Austria and Prussia.
(d) Britain and Russia.
5. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world was smaller in 1789?
(a) Hobsbawm says that the population was smaller.
(b) Hobsbawm says that the families were smaller.
(c) Hobsbawm says that the Earth was smaller.
(d) Hobsbawm says that the cities were smaller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the French National Assembly modeled on?
2. What social structure attended the profession that emerged in France as a result of Napoleon?
3. What did the land have to be turned into before it could be developed economically, in Hobsbawm's opinion?
4. What was a consequence of the emergence of a new class of people in European society?
5. Why did places that had not been conquered by France reform their land use, in Hobsbawm's opinion?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)