|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Secular.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hobsbawm say revolutionary groups had in common across Europe in 1848?
(a) They all wanted to make their revolution a permanent part of society.
(b) They were all inspired to eliminate monarchies.
(c) They all portrayed themselves as fighting for freedom against tyranny.
(d) They saw themselves as the benefactors of the common people.
2. Where were the French forces defeated in 1814?
(b) The Marne.
3. Why did the international congress among Europe's ruling nations dissolve after a few years?
(a) The interests of its main powers diverged.
(b) It was replaced by another alliance.
(c) Its members launched an unsuccessful war together.
(d) Its members conspired against each other.
4. Where, according to Hobsbawm, did a national movement come from the masses?
5. What tool did the upper classes use to discriminate against the working poor?
(a) Military repression.
(b) Hiring decisions.
(d) Anti-union gangs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Britain expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
2. What quality distinguished the revolutions that took place in 1848 from earlier revolutions, according to Hobsbawm?
3. What area was affected by what Hobsbawm calls the third wave of revolutions?
4. What landmark event does Hobsbawm use as the beginning of the middle class ideology?
5. What were the dates of the Napoleonic Wars?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)