|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Secular.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the monarchy do in response to France's financial crisis in the 1780s?
(a) He outsourced the business of governing.
(b) He borrowed from the merchants.
(c) He called a States General.
(d) He proposed new taxes.
2. What was the international congress that ruled Europe called?
(a) The League of Nations.
(b) The European Convention.
(c) The European Assembly.
(d) The Concert of Europe.
3. What does Hobsbawm say is the dual root of nationalism in Europe?
(a) The population explosion and the railroad.
(b) New trade routes and peace after the war.
(c) The French Revolution and the Industrial Revolution.
(d) The destruction of the French Revolution and the population explosion.
4. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
5. How did Hobsbawm characterize the change in the way that people related to the land, and the way land was related to the economy?
(a) As the most catastrophic phenomenon of the period.
(b) As the least forgivable development of the period.
(c) As the most lucrative development of the period.
(d) As the least recognized phenomenon of the period.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pressure drove the mechanization of production in the late 1700s?
2. Who was represented by the "Third Estate" in France?
3. What was the state of science in the period after the French Revolution?
4. How large were the circles within which people moved in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
5. What did the French monarch make a practice of in the 1780s?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)