|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Secular.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the French monarch make a practice of in the 1780s?
(a) Ostracizing radicals and innovators.
(b) Persecuting heretics and dissenters.
(c) Selling government positions to noblemen.
(d) Placing competent men in bureaucratic positions.
2. Which industry saw special improvements and expansion in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
3. How religious does Hobsbawm say the working classes were, by modern standards?
(a) Still quite religious.
(b) Devoutly religious, as before.
(c) Not religious at all.
(d) More radical than before.
4. What was the international congress that ruled Europe called?
(a) The European Convention.
(b) The Concert of Europe.
(c) The European Assembly.
(d) The League of Nations.
5. Where was Chartism an active part of the political landscape?
Short Answer Questions
1. The merchant class was situated between what and what, in Hobsbawm's account?
2. Who were the working poor typically rebelling against, in Hobsbawm's account?
3. In what did England lead Europe, in Hobsbawm's account?
4. Why didn't disagreements between nations reach the level of international war?
5. Why did the international congress among Europe's ruling nations dissolve after a few years?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)