|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Secular.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What landmark event does Hobsbawm see as the peak of the middle class ideology?
(a) The publication of Malthus' theories.
(b) The publication of "Kubla Khan".
(c) The publication of Ricardo's 'Principles of Political Economy'.
(d) The publication of "Origin of Species".
2. In what did England lead Europe, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) Moral philosophy.
(b) Raw material production.
(c) Per capita trade.
(d) Political freedoms.
3. What came to an end in 1830, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Aristocratic political power.
(b) Local trade.
(d) Religious faith.
4. How did Hobsbawm characterize the change in the way that people related to the land, and the way land was related to the economy?
(a) As the most lucrative development of the period.
(b) As the most catastrophic phenomenon of the period.
(c) As the least forgivable development of the period.
(d) As the least recognized phenomenon of the period.
5. What was the consequence of British land reforms in India?
(a) Guerilla warfare against the British.
(b) Unprecedented efficiency.
(c) Economic failure.
(d) Decreased agricultural production.
Short Answer Questions
1. What view of society was beginning to be adopted widely, in Hobsbawm's account?
2. What social structure attended the profession that emerged in France as a result of Napoleon?
3. What developed in other European countries, but not in France?
4. Why, according to Hobsbawm, did land reform take place in France?
5. What does Hobsbawm say revolts turned against in this period?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)