|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Secular.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Protestant sects at the head of religious revivals?
(a) Austria and Prussia.
(c) France and Spain.
(d) Britain and America.
2. How does Hobsbawm describe the traditional system of agriculture?
(a) As a legacy of improvements.
(b) As a backwards set of superstitions.
(c) As a hindrance to economic growth.
(d) As the foundation for industrialism.
3. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
4. What cause did Russian and Britain support together after the French Revolution?
(a) The independence of Greece.
(b) The independence of Turkey.
(c) The independence of Poland.
(d) The independence of Finland.
5. What fell away as industrialism developed in Europe?
(a) Sons following into their fathers' professions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hobsbawm say had to happen to the land before its economic potential could be unleashed?
2. What profession emerged in France as a result of Napoleon?
3. What did Hobsbawm say was the new law of businesses in the late 1700s?
4. What did Hobsbawm find in conservative thinking of the period?
5. What caused the middle class ideology to decline, in Hobsbawm's account?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)