|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Secular.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The most industrialized countries saw more and more adherents of what religion?
(d) Folk religion.
2. How does Hobsbawm say conditions for the working poor changed in the mid-1800s?
(a) He says that they largely improved.
(b) He says that they were better regulated by the government.
(c) He says that they deteriorated.
(d) He says that they became more and more sanitary over time.
3. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
4. What was the Code of Napoleon?
(a) The criminal law instituted by Napoleon.
(b) The bureaucratic system instituted in France.
(c) The reform that abolished feudalism.
(d) The currency policy that financed the Napoleonic wars.
5. Where did Russia expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
(b) The Caucasus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the idea that Hobsbawm says was developing after 1830 first take root?
2. What set the stage for the French Revolution, in Hobsbawm's account?
3. In what way does Hobsbawm say the world was smaller in 1789?
4. Which market supplied raw materials for the cotton trade?
5. What was the age of scientific and political progress in the 1700s called?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)