|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Secular.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hobsbawm, what characterized conditions in the neighborhoods of the working poor?
(a) Lower and lower population density over time.
(b) High disease.
(c) Clean streets.
(d) Better and more efficient organization over time.
2. What did the French monarch make a practice of in the 1780s?
(a) Ostracizing radicals and innovators.
(b) Persecuting heretics and dissenters.
(c) Selling government positions to noblemen.
(d) Placing competent men in bureaucratic positions.
3. How large were the circles within which people moved in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) Much larger than today.
(b) Much smaller than today.
(c) Smaller than today for some people, but larger for others.
(d) They were much more spread out.
4. Who dominated the Third Estate in the 1780s in France?
(a) The middle class.
(b) Revolutionaries and radicals.
(c) The nobility.
(d) The working poor.
5. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
Short Answer Questions
1. What stage was the political theory in when the organizers were making promises to the workers in the mid-1800s?
2. What did the nobility do when France became a Constitutional monarchy?
3. Why didn't France invade any territories after the French Revolution?
4. What relationship had begun to dominate between landowners and farmers in England in the late 1700s?
5. What area was affected by what Hobsbawm calls the third wave of revolutions?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)