|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Secular.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the French forces defeated in 1815?
2. Who dominated the Third Estate in the 1780s in France?
(a) Revolutionaries and radicals.
(b) The nobility.
(c) The middle class.
(d) The working poor.
3. What was the effect of the nobility trying to return to government in France?
(a) They widened the gap between rich and poor.
(b) They inflamed tensions with the merchant class.
(c) They made the government more efficient.
(d) They weakened the government.
4. What set the stage for the French Revolution, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) France's war with Prussia.
(b) France's war with Britain.
(c) France's war with Russia.
(d) France's war with Austria.
5. What fell away as industrialism developed in Europe?
(b) Sons following into their fathers' professions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hobsbawm see a culture combining nationalism with the revolutionary spirit of the French Revolution?
2. How religious does Hobsbawm say the working classes were, by modern standards?
3. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
4. What was the state of science in the period after the French Revolution?
5. What began to emerge as production and industry grew in the early 1800s?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)