|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ideology: Secular.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was changing in the role religion played in people's lives, in Hobsbawm's account?
(a) It was becoming more radical.
(b) It was expanding into poor neighborhoods.
(c) It was in general decline.
(d) It was becoming merely ceremonial.
2. Which nation led the others in industrialization?
3. What product does Hobsbawm say was the catalyst for the Industrial Revolution?
4. What fell away as industrialism developed in Europe?
(c) Sons following into their fathers' professions.
5. What did France produce as other countries' economies changed?
(a) Luxury goods for export.
(b) A full range of products.
(c) Raw materials for export.
(d) Common goods for its domestic market.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hobsbawm say the revolutionary groups saw as the beneficiaries of their third wave of revolutions?
2. What were the three paths for a member of the working poor during the mid-1800s?
3. Where did Britain expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
4. Europe was ruled by Britain, France, Austria, Prussia and which nation?
5. How did the people in political power react to middle class ideology, in Hobsbawm's account?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)