|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Peace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How large were the circles within which people moved in the late 1700s, according to Hobsbawm?
(a) They were much more spread out.
(b) Much smaller than today.
(c) Much larger than today.
(d) Smaller than today for some people, but larger for others.
2. Which nation led the others in industrialization?
3. What does Hobsbawm call the Industrial Revolution?
(a) "the beginning of the modern age."
(b) "the most important event in world history."
(c) "preparation for some of the greatest changes mankind would know."
(d) "the end of classical Europe."
4. Where did Russia expand its relationships after the French Revolution?
(a) The Caucasus.
5. Where were spinning and weaving performed prior to the Industrial Revolution?
(a) At home.
(b) In warehouses.
(c) In communal workshops.
(d) In the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was abolished in the wake of Napoleon's victories?
2. What set the stage for the French Revolution, in Hobsbawm's account?
3. What was Robespierre's role in the Reign of Terror?
4. What was the result of improvements in the technology of spinning and weaving?
5. What was the international congress that ruled Europe called?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)