Mid-Book Test (up to Chapter 2, Eddius Stephanus: Life of Wilfred)
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer the question with a short answer.
1. Which of the works in "The Age of Bede" does Farmer claim was popular during the Middle Ages?
2. What principal apostle of Ireland does Farmer claim encouraged monasticism for men and women?
3. After his debate with Bishop Colman won him acclaim, what does Stephanus report came of Wilfrid?
4. What term does Farmer use to identify a community of monks?
5. What does Farmer identify as the basic theme of the "Navigatio"?
Short Essay Questions
Directions: Answer the questions...
This section contains 952 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)