|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Voyage of Saint Brendan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their journey, what did they discover surrounded Judas Iscariot?
(a) Cold isolation.
(b) Flames of torment.
(c) A great number of demons.
(d) A scroll of condemnation.
2. What sign does Stephanus claim was sent to prove that God intended Wilfred to be a saint?
(a) God sent an angel to protect the monastery at Oundle.
(b) He brought a baby back from death.
(c) The seas were calmed after storms shiprwrecked his party.
(d) God brought defeat to kings who opposed him.
3. Who does Stephanus report restored Wilfrid to his see?
(b) Pope Agatho and the Holy Synod.
(c) Archbishop Berhtrwald.
(d) King Ecgfrith.
4. What condition does Bede write affected Sigfrith during his service as abbot?
(a) A curved spine.
(c) A painful and incurable disease of the lungs.
(d) A lame leg.
5. How many total years does the anonymous author report that Ceolfrith ruled separately over the monasteries of St. Peter and St. Paul?
Short Answer Questions
1. What example does the anonymous author claim that Ceolfrith took from his brother Cynefrith?
2. What Psalm did the monks from St. Peter's sing to Ceolfrith as he left on his pilgrimage, according to the anonymous author?
3. Who did Bede report reviewed and revised his work?
4. What official does Farmer report presided over the community of monks?
5. What did some of the monks who buried Ceolfrith take to Rome on his behalf, according to the anonymous author?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)