|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Voyage of Saint Brendan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death was Ceolfrith compared in the letter from Rome?
(a) Enoch who did not die, but walked with God.
(b) Noah who died after he had delivered his family through the flood.
(c) St. John who died after he had delivered the Revelation.
(d) Moses and Aaron who died before they could enter the Promised Land.
2. What does the anonymous writer claim came into view after the ship ran out of food?
(a) A whale.
(b) A deserted island.
(c) A high rocky island.
(d) A lush, forested island.
3. Who did Bede report was chosen to replace Ceolfrith?
4. Who does Stephanus claim influenced Ecgfrith to drive Wilfrid from his see?
(a) Ecgfrith's queen, Iurminbrugh.
(b) Bishop Colman.
(c) King Dagobert.
(d) Bishop Winfrid.
5. Where was the monastery that the anonymous author report Ceolfrith joined?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the anonymous author report occurred to Ceolfrith on the day he reached Langres on September 25?
2. How long did the person who met Brendan and his son claim they had been on the island without eating food or drink or taking any sleep?
3. Who does Farmer credit with writing the earliest "Life of Cuthbert"?
4. What was the quote from the Psalms that Bede used to support God's hand in the event?
5. What does Bede claim Cuthbert did to convert water to wine as he stayed at a convent in Tyne?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)