|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Anonymous History of Abbot Ceolfrith.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Ceolfrith preside over the responsibilities appointed to him by Benedict?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 28 years.
(d) 3 years.
2. In what city did Stephanus report Wilfrid's traveling companion leave him after they started their journey to St. Peter's?
3. What sign does Stephanus claim was sent to prove that God intended Wilfred to be a saint?
(a) The seas were calmed after storms shiprwrecked his party.
(b) He brought a baby back from death.
(c) God sent an angel to protect the monastery at Oundle.
(d) God brought defeat to kings who opposed him.
4. Who did Bede report was chosen to replace Ceolfrith?
5. According to Farmer, each of the saints profiled in "The Age of Bede" were pioneers of what important church institutions?
(a) Indulgences, monasticism, and chanting.
(b) The presbytery and the Holy Roman Empire.
(c) Monasticism and the primacy of the spiritual.
(d) The Sacraments, baptism, and confession.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what book from the Bible does Bede claim Benedict took comfort during nights he could not sleep during his illness?
2. Who did Bede report reviewed and revised his work?
3. Who does the anonymous author credit with providing master builders for the monastery that Ceolfrith helped to build?
4. What did some of the monks who buried Ceolfrith take to Rome on his behalf, according to the anonymous author?
5. Who confirmed the choice of Ceolfrith's replacement, according to Bede?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)