|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Anonymous History of Abbot Ceolfrith.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city did Stephanus report Wilfrid's traveling companion leave him after they started their journey to St. Peter's?
2. What does Bede record to be Benedict's orders regarding the books he had brought back from his several trips to Rome?
(a) That they be returned to Rome and the collection from which they were borrowed.
(b) That copied and spread throughout the monasteries of England.
(c) That they be kept as a single collection and not broken up piecemeal.
(d) That they be offered to the Bishop so he could consider the best use of collection.
3. To what office did Stephanus claim Agilberht ordained Wilfrid?
4. What foundation does Bede credit Benedict with beginning?
5. Who does Bede report provided the land for St. Peter's Monastery?
(a) King Egfrid.
(b) King Ecgfrith.
(c) The Holy Synod.
(d) King Dagobert.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what abbey does Bede report Benedict named Eosterwine?
2. What does Stephanus claim was the King's response to the request that Wilfrid be sent to the duke?
3. What sign does Stephanus claim was sent to prove that God intended Wilfred to be a saint?
4. What does Bede report Cuthbert used to cure a sick servant to a bodyguard of King Ecgfrith?
5. Who did Bede report reviewed and revised his work?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)