|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Bede, Lives of the Abbots of Wearmouth and Jarrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bede report provided the land for St. Peter's Monastery?
(a) King Ecgfrith.
(b) King Egfrid.
(c) King Dagobert.
(d) The Holy Synod.
2. To what book does Bede refer for support of other angels who rode on horseback?
(b) The Navigato.
(c) The history of the Maccabees.
(d) The Psalms.
3. What term does Farmer use to identify a community of monks?
(a) The Royal Order.
(c) The Holy Knights.
(d) The Holy Priesthood.
4. What institution does Farmer suggest was responsible for the growth of monasteries in Ireland?
(a) The Clergy.
(b) The Nobility.
(c) The government.
(d) The family.
5. Who confirmed the choice of Ceolfrith's replacement, according to Bede?
(c) Bishop Acca.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what two countries does Farmer claim "The Age of Bede" to be an important source of early Christian Church history?
2. Who granted Wilfrid to preach in his first destination after being chased from his see?
3. The saints who are detailed in "The Age of Bede" lived in what two centuries according to Farmer?
4. From whom did Bede claim Benedict bought the unique collection during his fifth trip to Rome?
5. How does Bede claim Christian converts profaned their faith in Chapter 9?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)