|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Bede, Lives of the Abbots of Wearmouth and Jarrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was finally found to travel to St. Peter's with Wilfrid, according to Stephanus?
(a) Archbishop Dalfinus.
(b) King Erconberht of Kent.
(c) Bishop Baducing.
(d) Boniface the Archdeacon.
2. What does Farmer claim to be the name of the author of the "Navigatio"?
(b) Eddius Stephanus.
3. To whom did Bede write the prologue to his "Life of Cuthbert"?
(a) Christians of who were served by his ministry.
(b) His father.
(c) Bishop Eadfrid.
(d) Christians of future generations.
4. What does Bede claim came of the person to whom Cuthbert prophesied his death?
(a) He died at the same time as Cuthbert.
(b) He passed the story of Cuthbert's death to Bede.
(c) Cuthbert blessed him and he lived many years after receiving the prophesy.
(d) He was made abbot of lindisfarne.
5. What happened to Eosterwine during Benedict's fifth journey to Rome, according to Bede?
(a) Eosterwine became abbot of Jarrow.
(b) The pope beckoned Eosterwine to Rome.
(c) Eosterwine starved during a siege of Wearmouth.
(d) Eostewine and a number of monks died from the plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the quote from the Psalms that Bede used to support God's hand in the event?
2. What does Bede report came of King Egfrid during Benedict's journey?
3. Who does Bede write about as the abbots of Wearmouth and Jarrow?
4. Which document by Bede, according to Farmer, acts as a biography and a local history?
5. To whom did Cuthbert prophesy his own death, according to Bede?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)