|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Eddius Stephanus: Life of Wilfred.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Farmer claim to be the name of the author of the "Navigatio"?
(b) Eddius Stephanus.
2. The saints who are detailed in "The Age of Bede" lived in what two centuries according to Farmer?
(a) The sixth and seventh A.D.
(b) The sixth and seventh B.C.
(c) The fourth and fifth B.C.
(d) The fifth and sixth A.D.
3. Which document by Bede, according to Farmer, acts as a biography and a local history?
(a) "The Life of Wilfrid."
(b) "Lives of the Abbots."
(c) "The Life of Cuthbert."
(d) "The History of Abbot Ceolfrith."
4. How was Cuthbert's Friday fast broken on one occasion at the vesper's hour according to Bede?
(a) An angel disgused as an old man fixed him a meal of rice and cakes.
(b) Cuthbert's horse pulled on a straw from the roof where he rested that was connected to a bundle of food from God.
(c) Otters brought him a meal of fish from the sea.
(d) Birds brought him bread from a far land.
5. Who granted Wilfrid to preach in his first destination after being chased from his see?
(a) King Perctarit.
(b) King Aldgisi.
(c) King Ecgfrith.
(d) King Dagobert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what issue did Wilfrid debate Bishop Colman according to Stephanus?
2. How many years does Farmer claim had passed before the biography of Brendan had first appeared?
3. Who does Stephanus report restored Wilfrid to his see?
4. Who does Farmer claim enabled Wilfred to travel to visit other churches through Europe?
5. What miracle did Cuthbert perform when he brought the Holy Ghost to a village that could only provide tents for him and his retinue?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)