|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Eddius Stephanus: Life of Wilfred.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Wilfrid when Stephanus reported he left home to seek the kingdom of Heaven?
2. What does Farmer claim draws readers across the ages to the lives profiled in "The Age of Bede"?
(a) The colorful detail with which the ancient times are reported.
(b) The accurate history of various leaders in the region.
(c) The ideals and the scale of values of "The Age of Bede's" great men.
(d) The mystical accounting of miracles.
3. What principal apostle of Ireland does Farmer claim encouraged monasticism for men and women?
(a) St. Brendan.
(b) St. Ceolfrith.
(c) St. Patrick.
(d) St. Benedict.
4. Who was finally found to travel to St. Peter's with Wilfrid, according to Stephanus?
(a) Boniface the Archdeacon.
(b) Archbishop Dalfinus.
(c) Bishop Baducing.
(d) King Erconberht of Kent.
5. For what two countries does Farmer claim "The Age of Bede" to be an important source of early Christian Church history?
(a) Ireland and The Netherlands.
(b) England and Ireland.
(c) England and France.
(d) Rome and Ireland.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Cuthbert was traveling with a boy during a preaching tour in Chapter 12, how did Bede report that Cuthbert prophesied their food would be provided?
2. Why does Farmer credit this institution with the spread of monasteries in Ireland?
3. Who does Stephanus report restored Wilfrid to his see?
4. What does Stephanus claim was the King's response to the request that Wilfrid be sent to the duke?
5. What miracle did Cuthbert perform when he brought the Holy Ghost to a village that could only provide tents for him and his retinue?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)