|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Eddius Stephanus: Life of Wilfred.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stephanus report restored Wilfrid to his see?
(b) King Ecgfrith.
(c) Pope Agatho and the Holy Synod.
(d) Archbishop Berhtrwald.
2. How many Latin manuscripts of this document does Farmer claim still exists?
3. For what two countries does Farmer claim "The Age of Bede" to be an important source of early Christian Church history?
(a) Ireland and The Netherlands.
(b) England and Ireland.
(c) Rome and Ireland.
(d) England and France.
4. Who granted Wilfrid to preach in his first destination after being chased from his see?
(a) King Perctarit.
(b) King Dagobert.
(c) King Ecgfrith.
(d) King Aldgisi.
5. How many years does Farmer claim had passed before the biography of Brendan had first appeared?
(a) About 20.
(b) About 120.
(c) About 200.
(d) About 210.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what literary form does Farmer claim Bede's "Life of Cuthbert" is written?
2. What term does Farmer use to identify a community of monks?
3. How did Cuthbert respond to converts who were falling away from the faith, according to Bede?
4. What were Brendan's most important monasteries, according to Farmer?
5. What does Bede claim came of the person to whom Cuthbert prophesied his death?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)