|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Eddius Stephanus: Life of Wilfred.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Brendan's most important monasteries, according to Farmer?
(a) Northumbria, Whitby, Inishadroum, and Jarrow.
(b) Clonfert, Annadown, Inishadroum, and Ardfert.
(c) Annadown, Christendom, Confert, and Melrose.
(d) Wearmouth, Jarrow, Lindisfarne, and Melrose.
2. How many texts does D.H. Farmer report in the Introduction comprise "The Age of Bede"?
3. Who kept Wilfrid until Stephanus claimed he could meet with suitable travelers as he began his journey to St. Peter's see?
(a) Biscop Baducing.
(b) Bishop Agilberht.
(c) Queen Eanfled's cousin, King Erconberht of Kent.
(d) Archbishop Dalfinus.
4. Where does Stephanus claim peace was achieved between Wilfrid and his enemies?
(b) The Holy Synod.
(d) The Synod of Nidd.
5. How many years does Farmer claim had passed before the biography of Brendan had first appeared?
(a) About 20.
(b) About 120.
(c) About 210.
(d) About 200.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign does Stephanus claim was sent to prove that God intended Wilfred to be a saint?
2. Who does Stephanus report restored Wilfrid to his see?
3. Who does Stephanus claim influenced Ecgfrith to drive Wilfrid from his see?
4. Who was finally found to travel to St. Peter's with Wilfrid, according to Stephanus?
5. What were the reasons that Stephanus gave for Wilfrid deciding to bring a dead child back to life in the village of On Tiddanufri?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)