|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what two countries does Farmer claim "The Age of Bede" to be an important source of early Christian Church history?
(a) England and Ireland.
(b) England and France.
(c) Ireland and The Netherlands.
(d) Rome and Ireland.
2. In what literary form does Farmer claim Bede's "Life of Cuthbert" is written?
(b) Iambic Pentameter.
3. What does Farmer claim to be the document that the earliest monk wrote?
(a) "The Life of Cuthbert".
(b) "The Lives of the Abbots of Wearmouth and Jarrow".
(c) "The Life of Wilfrid".
(d) "The Navigatio".
4. How many texts does D.H. Farmer report in the Introduction comprise "The Age of Bede"?
5. What official does Farmer report presided over the community of monks?
(a) The Cardinals.
(b) A local abbot.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The regional bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What institution does Farmer suggest was responsible for the growth of monasteries in Ireland?
2. Who does Farmer report to be the earliest monk of the British Isles?
3. What does Farmer claim to be the name of the author of the "Navigatio"?
4. Which cleric does Farmer identify as coming from Northumbria and trained at Melrose?
5. What does Farmer claim draws readers across the ages to the lives profiled in "The Age of Bede"?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)