|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Anonymous History of Abbot Ceolfrith.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which cleric does Farmer identify as coming from Northumbria and trained at Melrose?
(d) Columba of Iona.
2. Over what issue did Wilfrid debate Bishop Colman according to Stephanus?
(a) The role of icons in affirming faith.
(b) The importance of miracles in identifying saints.
(c) The specific day upon which to celebrate Easter.
(d) The parallels between Yom Kippur and Christmas.
3. Which Irish apostle, according to Farmer, became famous for the founding of the Bobbio and Saint-Gall monasteries.
4. At what age does the anonymous author of Ceolfrith's history claim he became a monk?
5. In what city did Stephanus report Wilfrid's traveling companion leave him after they started their journey to St. Peter's?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Cuthbert prophesy his own death, according to Bede?
2. How were Benedict and Sigfrith able to meet with each other shortly before they died from their illnesses, according to Bede?
3. How does Bede claim Christian converts profaned their faith in Chapter 9?
4. To whose honor was the monastery that Ceolfrith helped to build dedicated, according to the anonymous author?
5. What foundation does Bede credit Benedict with beginning?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)