|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Anonymous History of Abbot Ceolfrith.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the anonymous author report Ceolfrith was buried?
(a) In a secluded wood as he favored his time spent as a hermit.
(b) In the new abbey at Jarrow.
(c) In the church of the holy martyred brothers Speusippus, Eleusippus, and Meleusippus.
(d) In Wearmouth next to the tomb of Benedict.
2. What illness does Bede report came to Benedict shortly after Sigfrith became abbot of Wearmouth?
(b) He was taken by consumption.
(c) He suffered creeping paralysis.
(d) The plague.
3. How many years does Farmer claim had passed before the biography of Brendan had first appeared?
(a) About 210.
(b) About 20.
(c) About 200.
(d) About 120.
4. How many monks did the anonymous author report Ceolfrith took with him to complete the new construction that King Egfrith sponsored?
5. Where does Stephanus claim peace was achieved between Wilfrid and his enemies?
(a) The Synod of Nidd.
(c) The Holy Synod.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Bede report Benedict made while Benedict and Sigfrith were on their deathbeds?
2. Who does Farmer credit with writing the earliest "Life of Cuthbert"?
3. Who did Bede report Benedict appointed as abbot over the foundation he started?
4. According to Stephanus, how did the expansion of the Kingdom that Wilfrid advised expand his authority as Bishop?
5. What does Farmer report came of Cuthbert after he spent many years in a monastery?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)