|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Bede, Lives of the Abbots of Wearmouth and Jarrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Bede report reviewed and revised his work?
(a) The Priest Herefrith.
2. Whose record of Cuthbert's death did Bede use?
(a) Hwaetbehrt who succeeded him as abbot.
(b) Herefrith, a devout priest and abbot of Lindisfarne.
(c) Benedict who was a close friend of Cuthbert.
(d) Wilfrid who asked Bede to take a pilgrimage with him to Rome.
3. Who does Stephanus report restored Wilfrid to his see?
(a) King Ecgfrith.
(b) Pope Agatho and the Holy Synod.
(d) Archbishop Berhtrwald.
4. What illness does Bede report came to Benedict shortly after Sigfrith became abbot of Wearmouth?
(a) The plague.
(b) He was taken by consumption.
(d) He suffered creeping paralysis.
5. Who does Farmer claim enabled Wilfred to travel to visit other churches through Europe?
(b) Enfleda, Queen of Northumbria.
(d) Bishop Colman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Bede report Benedict appointed as abbot over the foundation he started?
2. Why did a demon leave the wife of Sheriff Hildmer as he and Cuthbert approached his home, according to Bede?
3. How many texts does D.H. Farmer report in the Introduction comprise "The Age of Bede"?
4. Who was the wicked queen who Stephanus wrote persecuted the church and martyred nine bishops?
5. What condition does Bede write affected Sigfrith during his service as abbot?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)