|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Bede, Lives of the Abbots of Wearmouth and Jarrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what office did Stephanus claim Agilberht ordained Wilfrid?
2. Where does Farmer claim that the earliest surviving manuscript of "Navigatio" was written?
(a) At the monastery at Wearmouth.
(b) At the monastery at Melrose.
(c) At the monastery at Inishadroum.
(d) At the monastery at St. Maximin.
3. Who was the wicked queen who Stephanus wrote persecuted the church and martyred nine bishops?
4. The saints who are detailed in "The Age of Bede" lived in what two centuries according to Farmer?
(a) The sixth and seventh B.C.
(b) The fourth and fifth B.C.
(c) The fifth and sixth A.D.
(d) The sixth and seventh A.D.
5. Where did Stephanus report Wilfrid first settled after being chased from his see?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kept Wilfrid until Stephanus claimed he could meet with suitable travelers as he began his journey to St. Peter's see?
2. Which document by Bede, according to Farmer, acts as a biography and a local history?
3. Who does Stephanus claim influenced Ecgfrith to drive Wilfrid from his see?
4. Why was Cuthbert inspired to rise from his sickbed in Chapter 8, according to Bede?
5. How did Cuthbert respond to converts who were falling away from the faith, according to Bede?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)