|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Anonymous History of Abbot Ceolfrith.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whose honor was the monastery that Ceolfrith helped to build dedicated, according to the anonymous author?
(a) St. Luke the Physician.
(b) St. John the Apostel.
(c) St. Peter the Apostle.
(d) St. Paul the Apostle.
2. To what biblical story does Stephanus compare the event that preceded the battle between Wilfrid's party and the pagans?
(a) The story of David and Goliath.
(b) The story of Gideon.
(c) The story of the Israelites taking the Holy land from the Philistines.
(d) The story of Caleb taking his mountain.
3. As Cuthbert was traveling with a boy during a preaching tour in Chapter 12, how did Bede report that Cuthbert prophesied their food would be provided?
(a) By a fawn.
(b) By two otters.
(c) By a dog.
(d) By an eagle.
4. At what age does the anonymous author of Ceolfrith's history claim he became a monk?
5. What did the anonymous author report occurred to Ceolfrith on the day he reached Langres on September 25?
(a) He was recived by the Galic king.
(b) He was asked to lead worship at the abbey there.
(c) He died.
(d) He was miraculously freed from bandits who had cornered him on his journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the anonymous author report Ceolfrith was buried?
2. Whose record of Cuthbert's death did Bede use?
3. How many monks did the anonymous author report Ceolfrith took with him to complete the new construction that King Egfrith sponsored?
4. What does Bede report Cuthbert used to cure a sick servant to a bodyguard of King Ecgfrith?
5. What does Bede claim came of the person to whom Cuthbert prophesied his death?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)