|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Anonymous History of Abbot Ceolfrith.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what book does Bede refer for support of other angels who rode on horseback?
(b) The history of the Maccabees.
(c) The Psalms.
(d) The Navigato.
2. Whose death was Ceolfrith compared in the letter from Rome?
(a) St. John who died after he had delivered the Revelation.
(b) Enoch who did not die, but walked with God.
(c) Noah who died after he had delivered his family through the flood.
(d) Moses and Aaron who died before they could enter the Promised Land.
3. Who returned a letter of thanks for the gift the monks delivered to Rome according to the anonymous author?
(a) Archbishop Berhtwald.
(b) Pope Agatho.
(c) Archdeacon Boniface.
(d) Pope Gregory.
4. Of what does Stephanus claim Wilfrid accused English bishops prior to his journey to Gaul?
(a) Being too strict with moral limits.
(b) Being corrupt with indulgences.
(c) Being too stiff in worship services.
(d) Being similar in ideology to Celts.
5. To whose honor was the monastery that Ceolfrith helped to build dedicated, according to the anonymous author?
(a) St. John the Apostel.
(b) St. Luke the Physician.
(c) St. Paul the Apostle.
(d) St. Peter the Apostle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the anonymous author claim presided over the monastery before Ceolfrith joined it?
2. What Psalm did the monks from St. Peter's sing to Ceolfrith as he left on his pilgrimage, according to the anonymous author?
3. In what city did Stephanus report Wilfrid's traveling companion leave him after they started their journey to St. Peter's?
4. What apostle and New Testament book does the anonymous author on the history of Ceolfrith cite as his inspiration for writing the book.
5. Why did a demon leave the wife of Sheriff Hildmer as he and Cuthbert approached his home, according to Bede?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)