|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Anonymous History of Abbot Ceolfrith.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the anonymous author credit with providing master builders for the monastery that Ceolfrith helped to build?
(b) Bishop Wilford.
(c) Abbot Botulf.
(d) Abbot Torthelm.
2. Who was named to rule the monastery shortly before Ceolfrith joined it, according to the anonymous author?
(a) Abbot Botulf.
(b) Ceolfrith's cousin, Tunbert.
(c) Bishop Wilford.
(d) Ceolfrith's brother, Cynefrith.
3. Who did Bede report reviewed and revised his work?
(b) The Priest Herefrith.
4. What example does the anonymous author claim that Ceolfrith took from his brother Cynefrith?
(a) Leaving the care of his monastery to younger men to go on a pilgrimage to Rome in his later years.
(b) Establishing a work schedule that required all monks spend time copying Bibles.
(c) Requiring all duties to be done before meals were to be shared.
(d) Holding the monks under his authority to high moral standards.
5. Who does Stephanus claim introduced Wilfrid to the Pope?
(a) Archbishop Dalfinus.
(b) Bishop Colman.
(c) Bishop Baducing.
(d) Boniface the archdeacon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bede report gave Cuthbert a cure for a tumor on his knee?
2. Where was the monastery that the anonymous author report Ceolfrith joined?
3. To what biblical story does Stephanus compare the event that preceded the battle between Wilfrid's party and the pagans?
4. On what date does the anonymous author report Ceolfrith boarded a ship to cross the sea to Gaul?
5. How many total years does the anonymous author report that Ceolfrith ruled separately over the monasteries of St. Peter and St. Paul?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)