* "The Age of Bede" holds five texts that Farmer says historians claim provide valuable information about England's and Ireland's early Christian Church.
* The subjects in "The Age of Bede" are written of as heroes who fight against the devil and his demons with prayer, fasting, and solitude
* Cuthbert and Wifrid were Northubrians who were trained as Irish monks and became Bishops.
* Cuthbert spent much time in Rome and returned to England to encourage England to take the Roman side of a conflict between Roman and Irish Christianity.
* "The Life of Wifred," written by Eddius Stephanus is the first historical biography written by an Anglo-Saxon.
* Bede's "Lives of the Abbots" is written about several figures and covers local historical facts within 10 years after the events occurred.
* "The Voyage of St. Brendan" is full of symbolism and lore from mythological traditions.
* English Christianity was supported when the King of...
This section contains 2,363 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)