|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Poseidon been vacationing?
2. When Ulysses' identity is discovered in Section 14, what favor does he ask of the king?
3. Why do Nausicaa's parents lose patience with her?
4. Who is sent to Ogygia to tell Calypso to release Ulysses?
5. How long does Ulysses drift at sea in Section 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing is a technique repeatedly used throughout the novel. Discuss Evslin's use of foreshadowing and how it affects the narrative in The Adventures of Ulysses.
Essay Topic 2
The Adventures of Ulysses is an epic novel. Discuss the characteristics of an epic novel and why The Adventures of Ulysses is an example of one.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the point of view of the story. How does the point of view affect the story? How does it affect the reader's experience?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)