Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the ship taken to when the winds are released from the bag?
2. Who is named the judge of Eris's contest amongst the Goddesses?
3. Who are the people who live in the village in Section 2?
4. Who is Circe?
5. What is the wall that the Hellenes encounter made of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ulysses dream about while docked in Libya?
2. What is said to have happened to Nausicaa after Ulysses' departure?
3. Who is Morpheus? Who are his family members?
4. What happens to two of Ulysses' ships on the Island of the Racing Sun?
5. What does the ghost of Elpenor warn Ulysses about?
6. How does Eurylochus convince the crew to eat the sun-cattle?
7. What warnings do the ghosts of Achilles and Ajax offer Ulysses?
8. Why do the ships led by Ulysses quickly begin to run low on food?
9. What happens when Poseidon returns from his vacation in Africa?
10. What heroic feat does Ulysses accomplish in Section 3?
The Adventures of Ulysses is an epic novel. Discuss the characteristics of an epic novel and why The Adventures of Ulysses is an example of one.
The reader follows the journey of Ulysses, the protagonist and hero of the novel. Discuss Ulysses as a character and whether he is suitable as a hero.
Discuss the point of view of the story. How does the point of view affect the story? How does it affect the reader's experience?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)