Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the ship taken to when the winds are released from the bag?
2. Who is named the judge of Eris's contest amongst the Goddesses?
3. Who are the people who live in the village in Section 2?
4. Who is Circe?
5. What is the wall that the Hellenes encounter made of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ulysses dream about while docked in Libya?
2. What is said to have happened to Nausicaa after Ulysses' departure?
3. Who is Morpheus? Who are his family members?
4. What happens to two of Ulysses' ships on the Island of the Racing Sun?
5. What does the ghost of Elpenor warn Ulysses about?
6. How does Eurylochus convince the crew to eat the sun-cattle?
7. What warnings do the ghosts of Achilles and Ajax offer Ulysses?
8. Why do the ships led by Ulysses quickly begin to run low on food?
9. What happens when Poseidon returns from his vacation in Africa?
10. What heroic feat does Ulysses accomplish in Section 3?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the two female characters Circe and Calypso.
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing is a technique repeatedly used throughout the novel. Discuss Evslin's use of foreshadowing and how it affects the narrative in The Adventures of Ulysses.
Essay Topic 3
The Adventures of Ulysses is set in the Bronze Age on the Aegean sea, Ithaca, Olympus, as well as a few other islands etc. Discuss the setting of the novel The Adventures of Ulysses and what effect the time and place of the story has on the plot.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)